[Teef] The Thief forum Guild

in Looking for...

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Official Thief Forum Guild

<fnstealth> Alliance

Introduction

Thank you for showing an interest in [Teef]! We are a social, multi-profession, multi-server and international guild that focuses mainly on the discussion and review of the thief profession. Our inter-profession experience and testing allows us to provide good feedback and we do so through discussions in a free environment. We appreciate your curiosity and would love your support, regardless of your main profession.

Guidelines

1.) Representing is not required. All that is required is that you maintain contact through a guild chat. To set it up, follow the instructions here.

2.) Drama and severe ignorance is not tolerated. If you are not willing to learn from someone experienced in the thief profession or you are not willing to learn in general, then you are not welcome in the guild. That simple.

3.) Follow the ToS.

4.) Events held are optional but again, being there would be nice.

5.) Read the Message of the Day often!

Labels

Unclassified
New members! Make sure to talk to a Teeferator or Teefministrator to apply the appropriate rank.

Scholar
You are here to learn more about the thief.

Teacher
You are here to grant your knowledge about thief to those without.

Artisan
You tinker with the profession and like to find out new ways to use it.

How to Join

Fill this out in a comment below:

IGN: <enter main’s name>
Thief Type: <Scholar, Teacher, Artisan>
Server: <your server>
Experience with thief: <short paragraph>

And someone will send you an invite.

• REMINDER: You do NOT need to be a thief main or even use a thief to join.

Archive

Utilities, Elites and Weapons
Specs and Traits
Stacking vs Walling Conditions
July 18 Class Notes
Guild Hall and Policy Changes
The old thread.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

(edited by yolo swaggins.2570)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Xeyon.6419

Xeyon.6419

IGN: Xeyon
Thief Type: Artisan / Teacher
Server: Sea of Sorrows
Experience:
Played thief since the second prevanilla launch as my main. Been fairly active since the game started, and have experienced the profession through all the various balance phases up until now. Routinely experiment with skill and trait interactions as balance patches come and go, keeping an eye out for new bugs and/or interesting behaviors. I know the ins and outs of the profession, and am keen to teach those who are open to my suggestions.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Psionyx.7540

Psionyx.7540

IGN: Psibot the Noob
Thief Type: Scholar
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks
Experience with thief: Only been playing Thief for a few months before HoT came out but I’ve been mostly enjoying it. The mobility hooked me and now with the added mobility of Daredevil I’ve found it difficult to play another class. Just looking to get better at my favorite class and this seems like a great place to do so.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ptolemy.6310

Ptolemy.6310

IGN: J R I P P E R
Server: Stormbluff Isle
Experience with thief: Played on and off since launch. I’ve always loved the mobility of a thief. Mostly playing around with PvP though I still do a lot of PvE content. This sounds like a cool place to learn more about my favorite class.

(edited by Ptolemy.6310)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

IGN: Dark Infiltrators
Server: Fort Aspenwood
Experience with thief: Played on an off for a few months. But with HoT I really like the new specialization so I’ve been maining thief as of late. I do PvE & WvW but would also like to get into sPvP when I’m more confident. Looking to learn as much as I can and additionally passing on what I have learned. This sounds like a great opportunity to learn and grow.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Has this thread been moved? I hope I will find it again to add all of you – welcome to [Teef] btw =)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tsume.4762

Tsume.4762

IGN: Cain Scargreaves
Thief Type: Artisan
Server: Piken Square
Experience with thief: My first and main character has been a thief for a little over 2,5 years and recently completed his elite specialization. Besides him I have 3 more thief characters I use to try out new builds/ideas and have fun with. I can usually be found in PvE, but have some experience in PvP. This sounds like a cool guild to get fresh ideas and discuss my favourite class.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Smit.5021

Smit.5021

IGN: Captain Lucas
Thief Type: Artisan / Teacher
Server: For Aspenwood
Experience with thief: I’ve played thief for 3 years now in both PvE and PvP, I am decent at PvE and know a little bit about thief roles, but I have mainly played PvP over those years. More specifically I play sword dagger, I have played that build for about two years now. When sword dagger hasn’t been meta I can play a pretty average dagger pistol. Sword dagger is easily my favorite build in the game and I have been playing with it a lot since HoT/Daredevil has been released. I would love to pass down my knowledge of the build and work with others to bring thief to the best point it can be.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ghis.8342

Ghis.8342

IGN: Marixtus
Server: Northern Shiver peaks
Experience with thief: Thief was my first character, I enjoy playing PVE d/d sb with. But when I venture in WvW or PvP, I realize that I don’t know much of the class. I would like to better understand all the different aspect of the game and what I could do as a thief to be usefull when I go in PUGS and not get the usual “Do you have another 80 like Ele” type of comments.

in Looking for...

Posted by: PanZielony.2843

PanZielony.2843

IGN: PanZielony.2843
Thief Type: Artistian/Teacher
Server: Far Shiverpeaks
Experience with thief: playing since launch with some breakes, used to roam on WvW but now i’m mainly doing PvE stuff (mostly solos).

in Looking for...

Posted by: AlCojester.4316

AlCojester.4316

IGN: Ressuscité
Server: Yak’s Bend
Experience with thief: 1000 hours

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kaliny.8265

Kaliny.8265

IGN: Le Blossom
Server: Dragonbrand
Experience with thief: Some sPVP but mostly expecialize on WvW roaming/scouting.

I’m not always rude and sarcastic… Sometimes i’m asleep.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kallist.5917

Kallist.5917

IGN: Kallist Nemain
Server: Dark Haven
Experience with thief: I’ve played Thief since the first pre-order Beta for Guild Wars 2, and currently have 2 80 Thieves(one DPS, one CD.) Generally I solo in PVE content, and 3 man most of the Dungeons/Fractals with 2 friends, but have done my fair share of WvW as well.

in Looking for...

Posted by: merdesa.5086

merdesa.5086

IGN: Newolyn Vidal
Server: Sanctum of Rall
Experience with thief: Thief is my only character really, could never get into any alts (still have yet to even start my rev past the tutorial). I’ve been playing since the beginning —albeit with a few breaks. I mostly play PvE but will begrudgingly go into the other modes when it’s needed. I want to get into raids and fractals more, but I lack the group of friends to do it.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Simba.6732

Simba.6732

IGN: Sîmbà
Thief Type: Teacher, Artisan
Server: Far Shiverpeaks
Experience with thief: Been playing Thief for a really long time now. I mostly did speedclearing in groups and soloing as thief. But since dungeons are dead I barely do those. I run fractals everyday and I know useful tactics, optimal builds for different encounters etc..

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dakurri.1435

Dakurri.1435

IGN: Dakurri Tyrant
Thief Type: <Scholar
Server: Yaks Bend level 80
Experience with thief:
Played pistol/dagger and short bow at game launch. Guild and friends stopped doing WvWvW so i got disenchanted and moved on to archage and other games .. Basically back after 2 year break and staring at a thief i forgot how to play.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

IGN: Puz
Thief Type: Teartisan
Server: Piken
Experience:
I’ve played ‘sneaky’ characters since I can access a computer. Online starting with d2 assassin, through daoc sb/ns and in any games in between and since. The type I’ve liked most was that I:A in SW-ToR, because it could combine sneaky burst with healing/dotting in one main (different specs ofc).

GW2:
In GW2 I main Thief, being 90%+ of my playtime. In the last year I’ve played standard D/P, Cheesey P/D, tested venom sharing (but hated it) and had a dabble with S/D. In the past I used to wvw 90% of the time, but lately I haven’t had much time, so I’ve been doing some pvp when I get a short run nowadays.

Puz – TDA

in Looking for...

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Invites sent to each of you! Leader says sorry for the late invites.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Looking for...

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

Can I join? I probably won’t represent, but I do want to try and make thief builds. I find myself on the gw2 thief forum a lot anyway.

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

in Looking for...

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

IGN: Shendri
Server: Tarnished Coast
Experience with thief: I’ve had my teef since the game came out. I’ve tried a bit of everything with her. I went from sneaky backstab, to venoms before it was cool (and after it was cool). Right now I’m working on getting hero points for the Bo collection and figuring out a new spec for PvP. When I played WvW, she was my main for scouting. I am not good at the class, but I enjoy it.

Tarnished Coast

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cameron.4932

Cameron.4932

IGN: Gaebril Roisin
Server: Gate Of Madness
Experience with thief: Played a Thief when the game released. Recently returned and got a Thief to 80, my first ever! Would like to learn more about the class as I find it the most enjoyable to play, and I feel like it forces me to play better or I go splat :p

in Looking for...

Posted by: Bubbles.4369

Bubbles.4369

IGN: Nyyon
Server: DragonBrand
Experience with Thief:
I have never really settled on a main class but have recently been looking at thief as something to stick with. I have some PVP experience with the class and could be somewhat useful to a team pre-HoT, but have been struggling recently and hope I can have help getting better. Currently I have been doing mostly PVE (map completion, world bosses) with the odd PVP match but hope to make it more frequent. Once I get the right gear I may do some WvW with the thief.

in Looking for...

Posted by: VanillaScoop.2589

VanillaScoop.2589

IGN: Vynilla
Thief type: Scholar
Server: Kaineng
Experience with Thief: I’ve been playing thief every since I first started playing guild wars 2. I loved the mobility, the glass cannon aspect, and I’ve always enjoyed playing rogues and thieves in other mmos/rpgs. Thief was my first 80 so I’d really like to learn more about this profession. <3

in Looking for...

Posted by: BlueStarlight.6019

BlueStarlight.6019

IGN: Mira Revyn
Server: Gate of Madness
Experience with thief: I’ve played thief on and off for just about three years now (along with other classes) but I wouldn’t call myself great at being a thief lol. Either way, I’m always looking to improve and switch up my game play. I’m mostly looking to improve in PvP but I may occasionally do PvE stuff as well.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Vermil.8172

Vermil.8172

IGN: Vermil Shadowcraft
Type: Scholar
Server: Sorrow’s Furnace
Experience: Sorta new to GW2 (about 3 months). I main and pretty much only play the Thief class, just as I have always rolled the sneaky type in every single game I play. I have about 3 years or Rogue exp in WoW, which made me understand the class pretty quickly. I enjoy both PVE and PVP (a bit less now with the current state of the class) and want to learn / participate on discussion on the class in both mode.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Slipper Of Death.8639

Slipper Of Death.8639

Stver The Sneaky
Artisan
Fort Aspenwood

Been playing thief since release of the game. I used to do a lot WvW and GvG’s with my thief as part of a panic squad. I enjoy playing PvE and running dungeons with my thief, but my sole focus over the past year has been playing Spvp. I took a break from the game recently, but i am now getting back into it. I want learn and get this new meta down for all game modes.

in Looking for...

Posted by: zGwmark.7139

zGwmark.7139

IGN: Shidah
Server: Vabbi
Experience with Thief:
For my – little more than – 1 year of playing I was a Thief main, and will be probably forever. No matter the game or the context I always prefer this path. I have 2 Thieves, one of of which is a more experimental, the one I used to make new builds on. Made countless casual builds and been tweaking (stealing) exsisting meta builds, to my own liking of course. My second Thief is considered to be a ‘hardcore’ character, – almost – min.max.ed, used to speedrun with it before HoT came out. I like theorycrafting and testing new builds in every gametype. As mentioned before I used to be somewhat hardcore in PvE, but I also have a fair amount of sPvP experience (currently rank70+).

in Looking for...

Posted by: Merope.5924

Merope.5924

IGN: Valessa Sylphren
Server: Crystal Desert
Experience with thief: I’ve been playing a Thief for about 3 weeks. I started off GW2 with an Elementalist and grew tired of dying all the time so I abandoned him and GW2 around lvl 68. I decided to reinstall a few weeks ago and give GW2 another try since Legion won’t be out till Q3-2016. Super glad I did because GW2 is way more fun than I remember it. I’m still getting the hang of being a thief vs a rogue (WoW) but so far (level 33) I’m loving it!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Satya.4856

Satya.4856

IGN: Aeva Vael
Experience with thief: I played thief for a few months at launch but disliked it and switched to Mesmer as my main. Since the release of Heart of Thorns I started again and I really fell in love with it, playing it as my main now. I really enjoy the mobility and high risk high reward type of gameplay that comes with the thief profession. I’m working my way through the league system and am currently in Sapphire (rank 80), feeling that I need to learn more to succeed at this level.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Metalfiiish.3825

Metalfiiish.3825

IGN: Metalfiish
Thief Type: Ultimately I’d like to be in a bit of all three {Scholar, Teacher, Artisan}.
Server: Tarnished Coast
Experience with thief: I have been on since release but start thief about 8 months in. I primarily roamed WvW as a D/P S/D thief and have changed to most of the main builds people talk about and had a blast! I only PvP and WvW, though the recent state of WvW has me doing a bit of PvE for guild upgrades.

Thief is my favorite class ad I would love to be around and help like minded people.

P.S. Who’s ready for that buff in 10 days?!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Twysted.9824

Twysted.9824

IGN: Twyster
Server: Gandara
Experience with thief: Played thief since launch (680 hours), but always cookie cutter builds, rarely experimenting with different stuff. Ideally looking for raids, have been doing some fractals.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

IGN: Dark Infiltrators
Theif Type: Scholar
Server: SoS
Experience with thief: Have always tinkered around with the class testing different builds and the like. REALLY like staff & daredevil since HoT. Would love to learn from more experienced thieves out there.

in Looking for...

Posted by: fexxianosch.1087

fexxianosch.1087

IGN: Jean Sanchez
Thief Type: Teacher (Artisan)
Server: Elonas Reach [EU/GER]
Experience with thief:

• Main since official release
  • 1400+ hours on Thief
  • PvE “semi” dungeon speed runs
  • PvPed to Diamond with 90%+ of the games as Thief
  • never really WvWed…
  • Testing/trying stuff when there are updates (excited about 26.01.16 ^^)
  • Favourite builds: PvE – Power D/D(S/P), SB | PvP – Maurauder(Daredevil) D/P, SB

(edited by fexxianosch.1087)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Stratos.9375

Stratos.9375

IGN: Hazde
Server: Blackgate
Experience with thief: My first characte and main ever since 2.5 years ago.
-Lots of PvE
-Lots of WvW
Interested to learn all about the Thief since I want to excel

in Looking for...

Posted by: mklane.7835

mklane.7835

Ign : malakai the scout
Thief type : scholar
Server: gandara
In the process of levering my secondat thief, because i Wanted an asura. Interested in wvw pvp and pve

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tachigami.1297

Tachigami.1297

IGN: Tachi Shadowcloak
Server: Dragonbrand
Experience with thief: Made a thief two or so years back when Sword/Dagger was a thing in PvP. Enjoyed it, but dropped the class after changes to S/D a number of months ago. Purchased HoT and am working on Daredevil, found myself enjoying Thief again. Would love to learn more about the class after so much time away, especially concerning roaming/scouting in WvW, since I have no experience with thief in that game mode.

in Looking for...

Posted by: rosstoward.5374

rosstoward.5374

IGN: Picka Ya Pocket
Server: Ruins of Surmia
Experience with thief: Not much exp with a thief hence the scholar – levelled 2 characters to 80 – through normal experience levelling (hunter and Mesmer) – I have HoT and still a free lvl 80 boost which I may apply to the thief – lvl 17 currently and enjoying it

in Looking for...

Posted by: valk.7263

valk.7263

IGN: Valk The Unborn
Server:Seafarer’s Rest
Experience with thief: Thief is my fav and main class , I played more than 600h with this class and i just love it
Most of the time im in wvw or pvp .

in Looking for...

Posted by: hestyxgravity.8375

hestyxgravity.8375

IGN: Lorcan Sly Furey
Server:Seafarer’s Rest
Experience with thief: 3k+ hrs on thief . I love my main thief. My main loves me too. Daggers are love , and love is like a backstab ^.^. Played thief from beginning of game . I love w3 and pvp . I see War , i gank , I see revenant i gank , I see ele kill them all , I see scrapper …I RUN . At least…I see ZERG……………………………………………and they see me too.

in Looking for...

Posted by: LuxAeterna.4621

LuxAeterna.4621

IGN: Seishiro Ishihara
Server: Gunnar’s Hold (EU)
Experience with thief: Just started a thief toon a while ago, relatively familiar with dungeon skips, but still wonky with regards to survival in high tier fractals.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kevin.7128

Kevin.7128

IGN: Lina Agent
Server: Jade Quarry (NA)
Experience with thief: I started doing PvP with thief last year and I’ve gotten my champion shadow title recently. However, I still feel like I’m not very experienced with thief and I have a lot of issues landing the generic backstab combos with ease, so I would love to learn more about how to play thief correctly from the pro thief players

in Looking for...

Posted by: Seikatsu Maho.5928

Seikatsu Maho.5928

IGN: Raven Godstep
Thief Type: Scholar, Teacher, Artisan
Server: Fort Aspenwood (FA)
Experience with thief: I have about 600 hours into this character so not to much. However I love this class. Its my favorite by far from the rest. the reason I have Scholar down is because there is always things for me to learn about the class. Teacher because I know quite a bit about it. Artisan because I am that one weirdo who keeps trying out new things for thief.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Esper.1786

Esper.1786

IGN: Sulla Coinshot
Thief Type: Scholar, Teacher, Artisan
Server: Maguuma (NA)
Experience with Thief: I’ve mained a teef for about 1 year now, although I was playing GW2 before that on other classes. Most of my experience is in PvE, including HoT open world, fractals, and limited raiding. I don’t play PvP much, but when I do I exclusively play D/P thief and I feel I understand how to play it effectively. I’m just now getting into WvW, and I would be very interested in learning more about how to play roamer thief, especially with a condi build.

in Looking for...

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

I hope y’all are still active!

IGN: Tanya Larina
Experience with thief: Thief was my original main for a while, until I switched over to Mesmer. I finally decided to go back and unlock Daredevil on my Thief, which revitalised my interest. I’m a big fan of the new DD playstyle!

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Looking for...

Posted by: sokeenoppa.5384

sokeenoppa.5384

IGN: sokeenoppa
thief Type: Scholar
Server: FSP
experience with thief: hardcore PvP/wvw

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kirochique.9186

Kirochique.9186

IGN: Jhadir
Server: Eredon Terrace
Experience with thief: It’s my main, nothing can stop me while I play thief. I know the class front to back, and specialize in condition damage and survivability. I have a lot to share with the teef community

Jhadir the Charr Thief (ET) EradonTerrace
All the dodge!

in Looking for...

Posted by: KrypT.5894

KrypT.5894

IGN: Adroitz
Experience with thief: Played the thief as a main pre-HoT for about 2 years (fp in a gvg guild), but only recently came back since HoT launched. Need to learn the new meta, how to fight the HoT classes and much more.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Woozie.6904

Woozie.6904

IGN: Karl Metzgermeister
Server: Black Gate
Experience with thief: I’ve been playing thief for a year now. I still want to learn more on how to use thief class effectively.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Fonztron.9835

Fonztron.9835

IGN: Purple Eyed Stabber
Experience with thief: Have started to main thief again. Been using thief for a bit in PvP/WvW.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Wartex.1589

Wartex.1589

IGN: LostBlaze
Server: Ring Of Fire
Experience with thief: my first char & main in guild wars 2 would like to know more about the class, useful tips and tricks.