2x Pink Quaggan Backpacks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Waffles.1084

Waffles.1084

Why are there 2x Pink Quaggan Backpacks in the BLTP? One is currently for 35g and about 30+available and the other is 100g with 2 available. I don’t see any differences with the 2 in appearance and the descriptions look about the same.

Could anyone explain this for myself and the rest of the community who are also wondering X.X?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

From what I can tell, one is the packed version (you double click to get the skin + level 0 statless back strap), and one is just the skin (unpacked, they used the strap for nefarious deeds).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olfinbedwere.5049

Olfinbedwere.5049

The BLTP version bought with gems and the black lion chest version? Is the one from the BLTP not account bound?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Drawing Guy.3701

Can’t buy pink quaggans with gems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

From what I can tell, one is the packed version (you double click to get the skin + level 0 statless back strap), and one is just the skin (unpacked, they used the strap for nefarious deeds).

This is correct.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: shawshank.4906

shawshank.4906

Are the quaggan backpacks from BLCs a limited time offer, or can they always be found in the chests from now on?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

This is rather unclear to me. So one has two backpacks in it (a level 0 statless back AND a skin) or just a level 0 backpack with the skin on top of it?

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

in Black Lion Trading Co

Drawing Guy.3701

A ‘skin’ is not an equippable item – it is an item you put on a piece of equipment to give it a certain look. In this case, the quaggan is a skin that equips on a back piece of equipment.

There are two versions of the pink quaggan backpack – one is one that is a pack – you double click it, and it gives you the skin AND a no-stat back piece (so you can put the skin on it to equip it at any level). The other is where someone already double clicked, and they are selling only the skin. You will need your own back piece to attach the skin to.

Adding the skin is done in the same manner (just like transfusions) – double click the skin, and drag the piece of equipment you want the skin on (be it the level 0 back piece or your own back piece). Hit OK, and you are now helping support saving the frog/salamander/thingies!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

These explanations still make it sound like there is basically no difference between the two.

So no matter which one you buy, you can give either backpack any stats you wish. Is this correct? The large disparity in price and scarcity could lead one to believe that one backpack is superior to the other. Is this not the case?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Drawing Guy.3701

Yes, there is absolutely no difference. Get the cheapest of the two. People that unpack and sell for higher are just trying to rip off the ignorant, and I hope they lose their listing gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: krieb.6039

krieb.6039

Just wanted to say thanks to the dev team for making such a cute skin. =)