Character Re-Customization

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoenixlord.7015

Phoenixlord.7015

Seriously, I cant be the only one who wanted to level first and not worry about it at the start but worry about it now?

Is there any hope of getting this some time soon?

And if so, around what would it cost? 800, 1600?

I realize this isn’t high on the list of priorities, but it is very important to me and I hope? others

Anyways I just hope they will add in sometime soon in the future.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zipzo.6753

Zipzo.6753

Desperately want to recustomize my character as well. Wondering why the post didn’t roll out with this item baseline

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tenrou.5230

Tenrou.5230

I want this bad! I seriously wonder when they plan to expand what they currently offer on BLTP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Skyhigh.1706

Skyhigh.1706

Yes, after playing for a while now, I would like to re-do certain aspects of my character’s appearance. I do not wish to delete a high level character and re-roll.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SycoTiger.9285

SycoTiger.9285

What the guy above said…TY

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: akuzum.5263

akuzum.5263

Yes, after playing for a while now, I would like to re-do certain aspects of my character’s appearance. I do not wish to delete a high level character and re-roll.

Appearance, if you mean hair color/style, beard/moustache, tattoes yes.
Races? Please NO!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sephirox.4071

Sephirox.4071

and Hair Accessory Color!!!! is a most to make it able to dye ingame

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

Changing races should not be possible, but it would cool to change character body shape, hair and so on.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoenixlord.7015

just to clarify, what I meant was just the base customization changing size/hair/eye color etc, Not changing race or personal questions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Skyhigh.1706

Skyhigh.1706

Appearance, if you mean hair color/style, beard/moustache, tattoes yes.
Races? Please NO!

I mean face, hair, height, body shape, etc.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MCHammond.1472

MCHammond.1472

Yes please.

Everything except race please.

Gender, Height, Face, Hair, Skin, Eyes, Colour and Body.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bhuta.1480

Bhuta.1480

Think this would be a good moneymaker for the gem store,definitely a market for it.Would also like to see a name change function,though I like my warriors name I do now wish I’d given him a last name aswell.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoenixlord.7015

be great if we could get a red post in here

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Appearance change – yes please, my engineer’s eyebrows are irritating me. 800 gems would be reasonable for simple makeover (re-customization).

[Hex]

(edited by Bogey.5423)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ireigndown.3185

ireigndown.3185

ANet please do this. Allow us to change everything but race. I would actually buy gems to do this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phydeaux.8534

Phydeaux.8534

I’d absolutely love this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: squiggit.2357

squiggit.2357

I’d really like it too. I admit when the game first came out I was kind of in a rush to make certain characters so as not to lose names I wanted (and because I wanted to play) and am now slightly dis-satisfied with looks.

Being able to change accessory colors more frequently than a full recustomization would be much appreciated too, given how accessory colors are restricted and often end up looking bad later in the game when you have fancier armor and fancier dyes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lando.4065

Lando.4065

I’d really like to do it as well… shame not many people seem to read the forums lol

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Strodor.6051

Strodor.6051

Would really love this, would totally pick up 800 gems to do it, asking anymore would be a little steep just to change some slight appearance options though.

Smaggle – Asura elementalist [INT]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bon Hiver.9237

Bon Hiver.9237

I too want this, and think 800 gems is a high but fair price.
I hope this gets added soon, will really boost the price of gems and make me want to buy more.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kanglor.8450

Kanglor.8450

Yeah have to say I would definitely like this as well, be nice to change my chars height/build.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

GW1 had this, 10 bucks got you 5 customization tickets to be used at your discretion. I’d imagine the same for GW2 soon.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Axiom.8193

Axiom.8193

Hope this happens soon. I must have not been in my right mind when I made my character because he is fugly. I would just re-roll him, but I’m already 50 so don’t really wanna do the first 50 lvls all over again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Janson Smalling.1850

Janson Smalling.1850

Next

Thanks for the suggestion, everyone. We’re doing what we can.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Not seeing sex-change as a minor thing, imo

the other cosmetic things, ya

I’d think name/sex change too, but more spendy than a simple trip to a salon. It’d be nice to have race change, but that’d require forfeit of all race-based items and reset the personal story, seems complicated, charge even more.

anything for a price is a good theme for a cash shop game. I bought a race-change potion in EQ2.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rakuza.1563

Rakuza.1563

Ok just don’t take the suggestion of 800-1600 gems, it shouldn’t cost that much, at most maybe sell barber tickets on the gem store 5 for 250 gems or 10 for 400 gems, then the tickets can be taken to an in game barber say in Lion’s Arch for a customization of your look not our race.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rakuza.1563

Rakuza.1563

Sure if they allow Sex/Name/Race change go ahead and make that 800-2000 gems I don’t care, but not the other stuff, keep that reasonable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

I really hope they don’t allow anything past hair changes. There is no plastic surgery in this world, so how can people just suddenly change appearance?

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

In the original GW, they added name changing and makeovers pretty late. I was really happy when they added it because my original characters were not really how I wanted them to look. I hope they do add it to GW2, and it would be interesting to see how they implement it. Back then, you could only buy it through microtransactions, but it would be nice to see this as a gem shop option in GW2.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

I was kind of surprised this wasn’t in the gem shop from the beginning, considering that it’s a cash shop item in the first game. I probably won’t use it, anyway. I just found it curious.

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Now I never played Guild Wars, but I have played a few other MMOs. And I have to say, I was pretty surprised that there was no customisation system for characters since, at least for me, it seems like something that’s almost integral. What was also kinda shocking was the fact that (correct me if I’m wrong here!) you guys only got makeover packs after 4 years…

Either way, I’d love a system like this where we could change hair, faces, height and maybe even gender. Race seems a bit far for me… I know people might not support being able to alter your character’s face but I think it’s important to give players some control and choice over their toons.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I hope it doesn’t take quite as long as that. I know ANet are probably swamped with work so I won’t pressure them! But if we could get recustomisation + renames in the next major update, I’d kitten myself! ^^;

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

OH! how about some hairstyles or tattoos that you can only get via gems, so you’d have a little better chance of looking distinctive?

I swear there’s only a couple face/hair combos that are used for sylvari and human females

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

It will be added, we had it in GW1.

The cheapest one let you change everything but sex. The expensive one let you change sex too.

Just be patient.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Perfect Gem Sink!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

Svenn.5209
“I really hope they don’t allow anything past hair changes. There is no plastic surgery in this world, so how can people just suddenly change appearance?”

But there is tonics that allow you to change into animals and quest that make you shape shift so why not have some kind of “magic make over tonic”
—-
i totally want this i rushed my character and she didnt come out the way i wanted her so would love this ^^
and i would love some new add on costumization stuff to the store just for over all cosmetics, like for weapons and characters too <3

~Caedas~

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I really hope they don’t allow anything past hair changes. There is no plastic surgery in this world, so how can people just suddenly change appearance?

because this game is totally based on realism…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoenixlord.7015

Glad to see so many positive replies, Here’s to hoping its added soon

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: supermanboy.4592

supermanboy.4592

I’d buy this. I was also thinking it may be cool to have some kind of a time capsule, where you could change a decision you made for one portion of your personal story and play out the rest of that story (typically 3 or 4 quests).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yozoh.8179

Yozoh.8179

+1000000000
Yes, please add this into the gem-shop!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

Actually, the character recustomization in GW1 was done through an asura NPC whose flavor dialogue and title suggested that he was basically a magitech plastic surgeon. I imagine the process has been refined over 250 years. :P

And I’m also dying to see character recustomization, hopefully with more options. I loved the fact that in GW1 I could access other campaigns’ hairstyles and color options through the makeover tickets, and I think I probably spent waaaay too much money on that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Roxyn.7140

Roxyn.7140

All of my yes. Please do this ASAP. I made my first character ignoring the sliders assuming they all stay in the center by default. I later found out guardian asura sliders are all off in odd directions resulting in my character having pretty much no eyes, so in cutscenes her eyelids go through her cheeks etc and it has almost ruined the character for me. Problem is she is 80 and my main now so obviously I dont want to remake her, but I would be willing to pay for re-customisation.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

+1

The bright red handlebar tache I gave my character is getting a bit old now….

BOOM

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Actually, I would really like this, too.
For some reason, I am no longer completely satisfied with how my Sylvari turned out – and there are soooo many option to color them alone…

Polka will never die

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Punk.6219

Punk.6219

@Phoenixlord:

I do not see how they could ignore implementing this type of functionality as your characters “look” is such a big aspect in this game and it would be very profitable for ArenaNet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Swag.4923

Swag.4923

No reason they wouldn’t do this. It’s another thing people would spend gems on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FumikoM.6029

FumikoM.6029

I want to change my hair style from time to time. It’s a mood thing for me. Now, If we could also have makeup to that would be great.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zzulu.5489

Zzulu.5489

If Arenanet is smart they don’t make the cost too high. They want players to constantly shift appearances for smaller sums over time rather than one larger sum barely ever.

So many players are vain and would waste a lot of cash on this if the option was there.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fruppi.7516

Fruppi.7516

Id prefer a barbershop in LA for hairstyle and haircolour. And a full makeover via the gemstore. I’d very much like to change the skincolours of my 2 sylvari which came out way too green. Bah, my salads are too green!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Id prefer a barbershop in LA for hairstyle and haircolour. And a full makeover via the gemstore. I’d very much like to change the skincolours of my 2 sylvari which came out way too green. Bah, my salads are too green!

This would be the perfect option. Minor changes (hairstyle) for gold, major ones for gems.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Passiflora.2047

Passiflora.2047

I’d love to see this! I hope they would add multiple “tiers”, so the person that wants to change their character’s hair color from blond to brown doesn’t have to pay the same as the person that wants to change their character from a cute little blond woman to a tough looking muscular brown haired man.

Something like this would be nice:
Simple Ticket — colors only (hair, skin, eye)
Basic Ticket — colors, plus hair style
Deluxe Ticket — everything for your race, including gender but excluding story stuff

Maybe have the first two in-game for gold, as well as in the gem store?

If they offer gender changes, it would be nice if they also offered a separate name change service. But, some characters have more unisex sounding names and so I’m sure there are people that would like to change their character’s gender even without a name change.

Depending on the price, I can see myself swapping my Elementalist’s gender and eye color occasionally, and trying out new hair colors or styles on my Ranger from time to time.