New TP Sell Interface Confusing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

The new TP sell interface seems far from intuitive, and actually makes selling items harder.

Did anyone QA test this? Where are the old options that we were used to, such as sell max (which went past just the highest bidder) or add to previous listing that we have of an item? Also the net profit estimator made it easier than having to calculate that in my head… Seems far less user friendly to me.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KevinEvo.7061

KevinEvo.7061

I agree. It might make more sense after using it for a while, however, it is very confusing at first. My major problems with it are:

1. Selling an item used to show how much you would get after all fees taken off. Now it just lists the fees beside the selling price. Are we supposed to use calculators now to know what our final price is? Maybe I am missing where it says the final price after fees.

2. Characters in the search box are limited. I can’t search “Superior Sigil of XXXXX”, there is not enough space. Now I have to type in “sigil”, go to the drop down box and set to exotic. It just slows things down for fast typers. Also, there is no more drop down box in the search when you start typing, which was handy.

3. This is more nit-picky for me, but the item screen where you buy or sell feels claustrophobic to me. 75% of the box is taken up by the item name and setting the price, and leaves such small boxes for the list of prices for that item.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

We can’t even refresh the listings while deciding on placing a purchase order or not. This new Trading Post is a step backwards for me, more so than a step forwards. It also crashed the client quite a few times.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: xusa.4021

xusa.4021

Agreed on the two last things you said.
I used the projected profit to calculate my sellings of rare equipments.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

The new TP sell interface seems far from intuitive, and actually makes selling items harder.

Did anyone QA test this? Where are the old options that we were used to, such as sell max (which went past just the highest bidder) or add to previous listing that we have of an item? Also the net profit estimator made it easier than having to calculate that in my head… Seems far less user friendly to me.

I had a quick look before work this morning,

when selling and item
1. I now can not see if I have others identical items listed, or at what or what price – MAJOR PROBLEM

2. I cant sell max automatically- not the end of the world as half time it never worked anyway

Item sold.

1. I was getting money showing to be picked up, however nothing was showing as sold in the transaction. I switched screens multiple times in order to refresh. The only way I could get the sold list to refresh was to shut down TP and open it again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

I like it except for a few issues.

It’s missing the projected profit. I know the old one wasn’t correct but this was the perfect time to fix that.

The sell count should be set to sell max automatically or at least have a button to instantly set the value to max.

The collection box should compress itself once you pickup what gold and items you had waiting.

I would like the list view to be somewhere between the Gnashblade mode and the current. Maybe 15 items or so.

With the slightly smaller fonts and icons there would be room to make the count be its own column along with the buy price having its own column. Curently the count is unreadable on a lot of icons due to the color of the text being very similar to the icon underneath it.

My Latest Trades doesn’t seem to be working. It’s listing items I sold months ago.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Badbonez.7540

Badbonez.7540

Suppose you have an item that is close to the vendor price, you used to be able to compare the final profit value to the vendor price and have an idea if you should vendor, TP or salvage the item. It was fast and intuitive. Now…it’s a math problem.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bachopin.2395

bachopin.2395

I am in complete agreement with OP and the two posts followed. I hope this was sent through usability test before launching, this new interface took away many features that used to exist, this is a no no while upgrading feature sets, especially major ones such as this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

Thought of another item…

It would be really nice if the search let you find items that are part of a collection or skins that aren’t unlocked.

Oh and I can’t add to my existing sales.

(edited by FrostyBou.5491)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bachopin.2395

bachopin.2395

When you’re looking in your inventory selling an item, why aren’t items grouped and just add the count on the picture like you have it on other pages.

Oh, sorting by quantity is completely broken since it considers each weapon or armor as individual listings so they all have a count of 1 even when you have 10 of the same thing.

(edited by bachopin.2395)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ShadowKatt.6804

ShadowKatt.6804

Can we have the ability to re-size the TP window? Can do that with our inventory… why can’t we do it in the TP. Seems like it might help with the limited view.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Roscoe.2348

Roscoe.2348

Suppose you have an item that is close to the vendor price, you used to be able to compare the final profit value to the vendor price and have an idea if you should vendor, TP or salvage the item. It was fast and intuitive. Now…it’s a math problem.

Checking the release notes says new lowest price is vendor plus 15% so this no longer a problem

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Agreed. Other changes are better than the old one, but selling interface really is confusing and strange to use. Also that “claustrophobic” is really a good word to descibe it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It’s missing the projected profit. I know the old one wasn’t correct but this was the perfect time to fix that.

The sell count should be set to sell max automatically or at least have a button to instantly set the value to max.

These are the glaring problems to me. ^

Otherwise, first impression is that it works pretty well. I just find that I’m probably going to start ignoring the listing/exchange fees completely, unless I’m selling something really valuable. I can do simple subtraction estimates in my head in a few seconds, but I don’t play this game to do math problems every time I want to sell. So it is just moving into “not going to bother at all” territory for me.

Regarding the no “sell max” option, it’s just extra tedium to grab the stupid slider and move it over every time. Also, it resets your quantity if you change from Available to Ordered, which seems like an oversight, since it doesn’t happen in reverse.

Or words to that effect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Just a few of the downgrades off the top of my head:

• Horrible fonts, font sizes and font color/page colors creating a lack of contrast of the majority of the information on the item pages (and the amount in the corner of the item icons)
  • Very illogical and inconvenient element and function organization
  • Important information crowded with unnecessary text causing readability issues
  • Very limited number of listings displayed on the sell/buy screen
  • Missing ‘Refresh’ button for listing prices
  • Missing ‘Projected Return After Sale’ not being displayed any more (the most important piece of information to a seller trying to list an item)
  • Closing the confirmation popup after a successful listing of an item causes listings page for the item you were selling to disappear and have to go all the way back around to get to the item page for the item you just listed
  • Cannot add to existing listings
  • Issues of prices and amounts of items I’m selling or buying not updating without closing and reopening the TP and going all the way back to the buying/selling page
  • Limited number of results returned in your current buy/sell order screens – unable to see all of your current orders/listings
  • Required clicks to perform simple actions multiplied several times over those previously needed in the old version

I dislike the new interface so much that I will actively avoid accessing it and will rather vend/salvage everything to avoid using it.

Even then, instead of selling mats and items constantly throughout each play session, I will instead now wait until a full stack builds in material storage before listing it. I’ll also be listing the stacks far below their actual worth to guarantee the items sell after only listing them once to lessen the number of times I will need to use this new and horrible design.

As bad as the old TP was (and how I didn’t think it could actually be worse) I’d happily take the old one over this new one.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kreiri.9048

Kreiri.9048

Why on earth was pagination removed? I tried top browse dyes, got “maximum search results reached, please refine your search”. Seriously? I don’t know what I’m looking for, I want to know what there is.

Lack of pagination also blocks access to one’s own sell listings: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/How-Do-I-See-Buy-Orders-Older-Than-One-Month/4385214

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

After selling 60+ items:

MY WRIST HURTS LIKE SKRITT.

On the plus side, I don’t run into “error attempting to sell” anymore because the new pop-ups and other additional clicks slow me down so much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

2. Characters in the search box are limited. I can’t search “Superior Sigil of XXXXX”, there is not enough space. Now I have to type in “sigil”, go to the drop down box and set to exotic. It just slows things down for fast typers. Also, there is no more drop down box in the search when you start typing, which was handy.

I agree this is a bug that they should fix, but I thought I’d help you out:
just search for “sigil destroyer” (for superior sigil of destroyer slaying), the top 3 will be all 3 of those sigils (minor, major, superior) and you just select the superior
even better:
search for “sup sig des sla”. Their text-searching algorithm is pretty fricking awesome. you could even do “s s d s” but that would return too many false positives (like Shaman’s Dagger). “su si de sl” would probably get what you need, but again there might be false positives. All of these will return a large list, but the one you’re looking for will be in the first spot 99% of the time (and be in the top-3 99.9% of the time).

On the plus side, I don’t run into “error attempting to sell” anymore because the new pop-ups and other additional clicks slow me down so much.

Hehe, yup, they made it so slow it’s as slow as the limiter. In case you were wondering: I was able to have it stop me from selling. I at least give them props for changing the message to “You are trying to sell too quickly” or something like that. It felt like it took 20 items to get there, but it was probably closer to 10 but just felt like a lot because of all the excess clicking we now have to do.

(edited by Mystic.5934)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I like what they did with buying

Before I had to click the amount field, set it to 250 (when buying) and then click on the price field, enter the price I want to buy at and for me I could double click and buy 500 before the fields reset. Now once I set the price and amount once (if it resets it’s one click to max), it’s two (or three) clicks before I can do it again and again and again.

I like what they did so we could inspect the current prices on stuff we are waiting to sell.

I like seeing the (abbreviated) list of both buyers and sellers. It lets you see if there’s a gap in the low sell prices.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes