Pre-patch TP activity

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

With new releases, there’s always a lot of predictable activity. Like candy corn going up after the Halloween announcement today.

But there’s also some really really weird stuff that simply does not make sense to me yet. There appears to be some heavy speculation that people will be mostly in Orr during Halloween, which to date cannot be explained with the info that has been released. Look at items such as ghost pepper, orrian truffle, lotus root, saffron, and ancient wood planks plummeting in demand. As far as I can recall, the haunted doors were, at least last year, not found in Orr, but in lower level zones. Yet the lower level mats harvested from places where these doors could be found, like iron ingots or hard wood planks, are making downward spiraling supply jumps.

Could someone please make sense of this?

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Its a dedicated guild manipulating the market.

Would make sense to me.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

Would make sense to me.

We need a forum name for this devious guild of nefariousness. I doubt they would ever become publicly known due to the sheer secrecy each member is devoted to.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Would make sense to me.

We need a forum name for this devious guild of nefariousness. I doubt they would ever become publicly known due to the sheer secrecy each member is devoted to.

The guild is called Tin Foil [HATS]

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“The guild is called Tin Foil [HATS]”

I am in 100% invite me. ROFL

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Would make sense to me.

Why do people have a hard time fathoming the fact that different people can independently come to the same conclusion? Peter Higgs and Francois Englert started hypothesizing the now-named Higgs particle independently. Compared to that, the correlations people come up for the TP is so utterly simple.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Looks like Candy Corn shot up a ton.

Was it because of my super exclusive TP trading guild, The Elitist Quaggan. intentionally manipulating the market?

Maybe so. Or it could have to do with the content preview…

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Evilbeavers.3964

Would make sense to me.

I hope this is true. My new goal is to warrant an invite.

Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Would make sense to me.

I’ve heard invites require ingame gold more than 100K and screenshots of you personally buying then reselling multiple precursors to spike the market price. As well as other nefarious and devious trashing of someone else’s profits. ^^

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

probably just some ppl who speculated, thinking that chef would go up to 500 crafting lvl this update when they saw this was not the case they sold their investment and moved on to greener pastures. Since orr is the main area where 400 lvl crafting ingredients come from.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

I’m glad I saved 5K corn from last year – made a nice profit today!

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Would make sense to me.

Goldman Sacks

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Evilbeavers.3964

Would make sense to me.

Goldman Sacks

I like it!
Goldman Sacks [GDP]

Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

It’s a tarp!

Would like to know how many candy one needs … considering they dropped a mass last time.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

wait…i may be a noob here but why did candy corn shoot up? wouldn’t more people have it during the event? Shouldn’t the price of it plummet?

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

wait…i may be a noob here but why did candy corn shoot up? wouldn’t more people have it during the event? Shouldn’t the price of it plummet?

They announced things like 20 slot bags. Something most people can always use more of for alts and such, purchase for candy corn (and likely some other hard to get item trololol). Items like that will cause the price to spike intially, and will hold it above stupid low levels like last year, because the bags will always have value.

They are getting much better about realizing that if you throw millions of an item in the game, there better be something worth using it on.

Except for wigs, dresses, tiaras, aetherblade keys…. oh wait….. hmmm…..

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Would make sense to me.

I can assure you that this Guild doesnt exist.

And we are currently NOT recruiting.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

They announced things like 20 slot bags. Something most people can always use more of for alts and such, purchase for candy corn (and likely some other hard to get item trololol). Items like that will cause the price to spike intially, and will hold it above stupid low levels like last year, because the bags will always have value.

They are getting much better about realizing that if you throw millions of an item in the game, there better be something worth using it on.

Except for wigs, dresses, tiaras, aetherblade keys…. oh wait….. hmmm…..

Please don’t forget Bloodstone Dust….

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

cranked.3812

@Everyone.

I have no idea why any of you are saying the OP is assuming there is some sort of manipulation on the TP. That is not at all how I read it.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

@Everyone.

I have no idea why any of you are saying the OP is assuming there is some sort of manipulation on the TP. That is not at all how I read it.

I know, they all reacted on the first guy that commented on my post. It was too much fun doing that than staying on topic. Granted, one guy stayed on topic though, and speculated people sold their cooking stock as a result of there probably not being ascended cooking in this patch. It doesn’t explain the other materials though, but whatever. Let’s see what this patch brings: if it contains lots of people concentrating in Orr, we’ll know there was another nice lil’ leak.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

@Everyone.

I know, they all reacted on the first guy that commented on my post. It was too much fun doing that than staying on topic. Granted, one guy stayed on topic though, and speculated people sold their cooking stock as a result of there probably not being ascended cooking in this patch. It doesn’t explain the other materials though, but whatever. Let’s see what this patch brings: if it contains lots of people concentrating in Orr, we’ll know there was another nice lil’ leak.

every patch has had a ‘nice little leak’. i think at this point it’s a given.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

cranked.3812

@Everyone.

Actually, the first like 8 posts were all tin foil hat posts, but either way. I think you have/had a good question.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

@Everyone.

My accusation of a guild manipulating the prices of the items in questions (or any other items) seems to be unfounded.

Clearly no such guild exists.

Also, if anybody bothered to actually check the prices of the items in question, they would have noticed that not a single one of them actually plummeted significantly in price after the halloween patch announcement.

Connecting an unlikely increase in population density in Orr during Halloween with a non-existant decrease of demand in orr-grown resources and blaming leaked information for it, is, well….

I toss my Tin Foil Hat to you.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Would make sense to me.

The Aurora Glade Chapter is open for business.

Updated my signature.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Would make sense to me.

The Aurora Glade Chapter is open for business.

Updated my signature.

What Guild ? &%^&&*$ %%$#++ (secret handshake)

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

It’s just more people harvesting due to ascended weapon.

They are already in orr more now.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

Also, if anybody bothered to actually check the prices of the items in question, they would have noticed that not a single one of them actually plummeted significantly in price after the halloween patch announcement.

[snip]

That wasn’t what I said now, was it? I never mentioned a single price. If you want to ridicule someone, at least do it properly, lest you ridicule yourself one day.

So allow me to take that hat of yours and throw it right back at you. I’ll wait for the official Halloween announcement and see whether there’s anything to this, tyvm. Your comments were not helpful in the slightest, but thanks for making it crystal clear that it was never your intention to do so in the first place.

Where my original post was framed open, asking for someone to make sense of something I said I could not, your immediate response was an attempt to ridicule my post – which you’ve shown not to have properly read in the first place, and which you admit was framed only for that very purpose. The next time I see a post like that coming from you, whether it is in my thread or someone else’s, I’ll just press report – knowing now the kind of person I’m dealing with.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I think candy corn would be a horrible investment — remember the price after the first Halloween event? You couldn’t get rid of the stuff. An hour of farming was more than enough to get a full stack of the stuff.

Let people gobble it up and raise the price — just remember to dump your candy corn as fast as you can when the event starts .

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I think candy corn would be a horrible investment — remember the price after the first Halloween event? You couldn’t get rid of the stuff. An hour of farming was more than enough to get a full stack of the stuff.

Let people gobble it up and raise the price — just remember to dump your candy corn as fast as you can when the event starts .

Candy Corn is a horrible investment.

The key thing here is opportunity cost.

Time is money and bank space is money.

If you have candy corn stacks take up all your bank space and alt inventory space it’s not worth the investment.

Of course, Candy Corn would have been a great short-term flipping item (and by short time I mean no more within the hour of the announcement).

But if you have been hoarding Candy Corn for a year waiting for it to jump from a few copper each to 1s each, you haven’t really made much in retrospect.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rennoko.5731

You seem to think Anet learned nothing from the first time around. I would bet the corn is harder to get this year from the open world, and they have already announced new, and nice, items you can buy with corn, which will likely cost a ton of corn. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see the corn stay valuable through the entire event and go up once it is complete.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

[snip]

That wasn’t what I said now, was it? I never mentioned a single price. If you want to ridicule someone, at least do it properly, lest you ridicule yourself one day.

So allow me to take that hat of yours and throw it right back at you. I’ll wait for the official Halloween announcement and see whether there’s anything to this, tyvm. Your comments were not helpful in the slightest, but thanks for making it crystal clear that it was never your intention to do so in the first place.

Where my original post was framed open, asking for someone to make sense of something I said I could not, your immediate response was an attempt to ridicule my post – which you’ve shown not to have properly read in the first place, and which you admit was framed only for that very purpose. The next time I see a post like that coming from you, whether it is in my thread or someone else’s, I’ll just press report – knowing now the kind of person I’m dealing with.

Well, you snipped out the part of my post when you quoted me, where i talked about decrease of demand. Price fluctuation is also an indicator or supply and demand changes.

Where exactly does the heavy speculation about a population increase in Orr during Halloween happen?

Can you elaborate what you think is a really, really weird drop in demand for the items Safron, Lotus, Ghost Pepper and Orrian Truffle?

They are all ingredients in popular food recipes, so some people cook alot of it to make some coin.

Actually, my theory of a dedicated guild or a single player being responsible for it makes far more sense than your theory of alot of people being in Orr, come Halloween.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

You seem to think Anet learned nothing from the first time around. I would bet the corn is harder to get this year from the open world, and they have already announced new, and nice, items you can buy with corn, which will likely cost a ton of corn. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see the corn stay valuable through the entire event and go up once it is complete.

I don’t seem to think that… I outright do.

If candy corn becomes a rare commodity, expect huge complaints in the forums. Look at the recent “Miya” items like “Miya’s Wig”. You couldn’t destroy those things faster than they filled your inventory. How about the candy and dragonfest chests… I finally purged those the other week, tired of waiting to make a massive “killing” in the market.

But by all means, please buy up the candy corn so I can sell mine when the event starts for major profit.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rennoko.5731

The dragon-chests become much more valuable because of the ability to sell those skins on the TP. I still have about 1000 and the price continues to rise on them. I will hold on a bit longer and sell then.

Completely off topic, but has anyone see how high the 1 hour foods have gone? Some of those were between 5-10 silver, and many are over 20 silver now…. too bad they are so expensive to make as to be unprofitable, and don’t drop any more.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It was kind of obvious that the event currency for a holiday event would tick up in demand as the holiday approaches. So I don’t consider this as insider trading.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

[snip]

Well, you snipped out the part of my post when you quoted me, where i talked about decrease of demand. Price fluctuation is also an indicator or supply and demand changes.

Where exactly does the heavy speculation about a population increase in Orr during Halloween happen?

Can you elaborate what you think is a really, really weird drop in demand for the items Safron, Lotus, Ghost Pepper and Orrian Truffle?

They are all ingredients in popular food recipes, so some people cook alot of it to make some coin.

Actually, my theory of a dedicated guild or a single player being responsible for it makes far more sense than your theory of alot of people being in Orr, come Halloween.

Around 7 October demand dipped by approximately 30 to 40 percent for these items. Supply and demand for these items are huge, so we’re talking big numbers here. Demand for them usually does not move so heavily, and certainly not all at the same time, unless there’s a very good reason for it. I am looking for that reason.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Around 7 October demand dipped by approximately 30 to 40 percent for these items. Supply and demand for these items are huge, so we’re talking big numbers here. Demand for them usually does not move so heavily, and certainly not all at the same time, unless there’s a very good reason for it. I am looking for that reason.

Perhaps some large volume traders were cancelling old buy orders to free up gold for other investments.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

[snip]

And this is where you are simply wrong because this alleged dip in demand by 30-40% didnt happen to any of those items at any point in the last 7 days. Maybe you are interpreting the graphs on spidy wrong.

You can go on and look for a reason for something that didnt happen.

I am off to “adjust” the prices of items that nobody cares about.

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Evilbeavers.3964

I want to one day have enough gold to do something like this and then watch the forums to see what speculation surfaces.

Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Pre-patch TP activity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I want to one day have enough gold to do something like this and then watch the forums to see what speculation surfaces.

One time a guy got bored and bought up the whole supply of potatoes on the tp.

It was hilarious.