Sentinel's Armor 50 gold x piece?! Holy crap!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: angelst.8671

angelst.8671

I was wondering on how much it costs a piece of that armor, i created a build with that set and now, i cant believe it, i see that HUGE price, just no words, is that possible to make that set to be able to drop again?Can it be crafted or something? I need that set, how can i obtain it? (If im doing this thread i cant obviously buy it for 50 goldxpiece)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tristam Green.9178

Tristam Green.9178

The inscriptions are not craftable. They were only obtainable during the Flame and Frost update.

Same with Azurite Crystals.

You’re probably better off tweaking your build to go with Soldier’s gear with adjustments, sad to say.

Treant Reznor (GRD) | Phizixx (ELE) | Peter J Quill (THF) | Ninnymonger (ENG) | Carduus Nox (NEC)

[CERN] When Zergs Collide – Tarnished Coast born n’ bred

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I made a lot of gold speculating on those inscriptions. Bought them for like 4g a piece and then sold them for +20g a piece.

Shame I did not buy more than six.

edit: lol just checked the price for Sentinel Orichalchum Imbued. Price dropped hard after the MF gear compensation.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I made a lot of gold speculating on those inscriptions. Bought them for like 4g a piece and then sold them for +20g a piece.

Shame I did not buy more than six.

edit: lol just checked the price for Sentinel Orichalchum Imbued. Price dropped hard after the MF gear compensation.

But will those magic find items be convertable into ANY stat combination? Or just a subset of stat combinations?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

That’s the thing we don’t know about, and speculators will keep an eye on once the patch hits.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rennoko.5731

That’s the thing we don’t know about, and speculators will keep an eye on once the patch hits.

I guess realistically you could buy up a ton of exotic magic find gear, and know they will at least offer common stat conversions (PVT/zerker/knights) and as long as your investment cost for those magic find items was less than the equivalent of those three, you would be fine. Then you could make some money off selling the oddball stat combos if they were offered.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

I guess realistically you could buy up a ton of exotic magic find gear, and know they will at least offer common stat conversions (PVT/zerker/knights) and as long as your investment cost for those magic find items was less than the equivalent of those three, you would be fine. Then you could make some money off selling the oddball stat combos if they were offered.

You could, but I reckon speculators have done this by now, so it’s not worth it ;D

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rennoko.5731

You could, but I reckon speculators have done this by now, so it’s not worth it ;D

Yes of course. Also if everyone did this, it may as well tank the price of common stat exotics as a result, and with ascended armor not too far down the road…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

It will be interesting to see what happens.

There is a lot of inexpensive MF gear on the TP – I personally bought 6 full sets of MF based armor (about 80-90s per piece) anticipating future need – I’m hoping Sentinel is an option when they hit the reset button.

Also, it apparently becomes account bound when they activate so your window to flip is pretty small.

What happens to the gear on the TP? Will it become AB if you try to pull it and relist?

What about the runes?

(edited by Dreamslayer.7659)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

My hopes is that I have a full set of Sentinel’s Armor right there.

Attachments:

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

May as well post these here for reference:

Hey all, no worries, we got you covered.

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.

For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat.

We will have a blog post about it with more extensive information as well, keep an eye on the website.

I am sorry you had a bad experience in your former job. Here our developers actually talk to us and give us information we need. So what I am posting here is coming straight from the people working on the changes.

To answer a few more questions:

• If you currently have listed an item with MF on the Trading Post, they will be returned to you, as they become account bound.
  • Upgrade components that currently give MF bonus will be updated with new functionality.
  • All existing drops and crafting recipes that have created Magic Find gear will be replaced with new stat combos.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Magic-Find-merged-1/2715188

It depends on if they consider Sentinel’s a crafting stat, since you can’t actually craft the gear without the F&F drops.

Someone in the thread mentioned you’d be able to completely bypass the Celestial time gate, which leads me to believe they may decide to limit your choices to preexisting combinations of the remaining two stats, so Explorer’s->Berserker’s and Traveler’s->Rampager’s, etc.

(edited by Lane.3410)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rennoko.5731

So did I read this right. What they seem to be saying, is that when they flip the switch, anything on the TP with magic find associated with it (at least in the case of armor and weapons) will be refuned back to you, and then you can change the stat combo to some other pre-defined subset of stats. But at that time they are ACCOUNT BOUND?

That means that if I had magic find gear sitting in my bank, I could change the stats or I could not, but either way it is now bound and unsellable. So if you went out and bought a bunch of magic find gear thinking of flipping the stats around, looks like you get lots of mystic forge material?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Most likely you won’t get to change your MF gear to Sentinel stat and it will just be your normal craftable sets like Berserker and so on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rennoko.5731

Also this seems quite interesting to me:

•Upgrade components that currently give MF bonus will be updated with new functionality.

So all the magic find runes, and the luck sigil will be replaced with something new? Or perhaps those runes get the option of being converted as well…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I made a few small gambles on runes and sigils. If they don’t pan out it won’t be a huge loss, but if they do then some of my characters will have some nice upgrades.

Also, I don’t see what the sense would be in making the MF gear account bound and then reverting it once you’ve chosen a new stat combination. It seems more of a measure to keep people from flipping, but who knows?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Soldier is good enough…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Compensation will make all gear with MF account bound so you can’t flip them. It’s still a good buy if you need to gear up or can use not so common stat combinations.

I myself bought some Vicious Claws and Opal early on just because of the small possibility that Sentinel will be one of those crafting stats we can turn our MF gear into or they’ll make Vicious Claws & Opal have Pow/Prec/Vit.

Worse comes to worse I can still use them to gear up an alt as zerk/knight etc. without losing anything.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rennoko.5731

I am really more curious about what they will do with the Luck Sigil and the other magic find runes. New functionality is very… non-specific….

I will buy some just to be a part of the magic.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Isn’t Molten Facility coming back? If so, those prices will drop like a rock.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MeatShield.1983

MeatShield.1983

Have they said will stat type Claws will be used to make? If not it might make sense that sentinal would be craftable using Claws in the next update.

Ehmry Bay
Zergs on Demand [ZoD]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Have they said will stat type Claws will be used to make? If not it might make sense that sentinal would be craftable using Claws in the next update.

No, no news yet. Only the news that something else will be replacing the Explorer/Pillaging recipes…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Isn’t Molten Facility coming back? If so, those prices will drop like a rock.

I think its coming back as a fractal so it might not bring back the inscriptions. I hope it does though. I really hope it does.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown