Magic Find [merged]

Magic Find [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vegas.5790

Vegas.5790

Ok, I understand the need for eliminating MF gear. Upon today’s announcement of the change coming in a week, why couldn’t they explain in detail what will happen?

Also, it was kinda crazy that the craftable Celestial gear that was just released recently had MF stats on it, don’t you think? Obviously, even people at Anet don’t know what’s going on!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They have said that the gear MF stat is going away some time ago and that they’ve got a plan (but haven’t said exactly what plan) to compensate those who currently have MF gear.

If they say ahead of time that MF gear wearers will all get “X” bonus or whatever what is stopping NON-MF users from buying up all of the MF gear just to get extra rewards?

If they go ahead with their plan and we find out in detail how MF gets changed the day of, then the regular users of MF get their boost/compensation and the gear left in the TP is changed accordingly.

We know the gear is changing. personally, I think that’s all we need to know right now.

That is vastly simplifying it.

What about people who have listed those MF items? are they screwed? will their items be the same value afterwords? will existing MF gear be convertible? Will the MF runes and sigils be changed to something else or converted into account MF? Will existing gear be converted into skins, will it be needed to be salvaged, will it be converted into another gear set? Will multiple sets of MF gear provide multiple bonuses and compensation or are we limited to one bonus per account?

The only way we have enough information right now is if you put your fingers in your ears and yell LALALALLALA and hope for the best…

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I see your point Zudet and you do have some great questions there and I would like to know that too.

Whether we know ahead of time or not, I still hope for the best. >.>

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Vegas.5790

Vegas.5790

They have said that the gear MF stat is going away some time ago and that they’ve got a plan (but haven’t said exactly what plan) to compensate those who currently have MF gear.

If they say ahead of time that MF gear wearers will all get “X” bonus or whatever what is stopping NON-MF users from buying up all of the MF gear just to get extra rewards?

If they go ahead with their plan and we find out in detail how MF gets changed the day of, then the regular users of MF get their boost/compensation and the gear left in the TP is changed accordingly.

We know the gear is changing. personally, I think that’s all we need to know right now.

That is vastly simplifying it.

What about people who have listed those MF items? are they screwed? will their items be the same value afterwords? will existing MF gear be convertible? Will the MF runes and sigils be changed to something else or converted into account MF? Will existing gear be converted into skins, will it be needed to be salvaged, will it be converted into another gear set? Will multiple sets of MF gear provide multiple bonuses and compensation or are we limited to one bonus per account?

The only way we have enough information right now is if you put your fingers in your ears and yell LALALALLALA and hope for the best…

Agreed. Anet created this whole MF mess by having gear that uses it. Now, they want to eliminate MF. Fine, but if for one week some ppl ‘abuse’ it, that’s tough… the vast majority who have this stuff want to know so they can lessen the impact.

AND… if they want to stop ppl from exploiting the TP for MF gear, then just return all MF gear to the seller and make MF gear ineligible for the TP.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: nullixin.9462

nullixin.9462

<- making Mystic Salvage Kits incase they nerf the recipe

Come feed the rain, come further in

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I do agree that we need some dev clarification before the patch hits. Although, I wouldn’t say it has to be today. Sometime this week, possibly even the Friday or Monday twitch streams would be sufficient as well.

Although if they have a sneak peak twitch on Monday, its likely it will be addressed there.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Magic Find [merged]

ZudetGambeous.9573

<- making Mystic Salvage Kits incase they nerf the recipe

That’s probably a good idea… Last thing we need is to have those nerfed to keep down salvaging blues and greens.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I have trouble seeing how this is a plus. MF on gear had to come at a compromise. Now all our utility infusions (that took 20 days to get) are becoming worthless? Will we get the laurels back?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

In reference to:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/september-03-2013/
Speciffically -

Account-Wide Magic Find

We’re removing Magic Find as an equipment stat. Instead, your Magic Find will now be an account-wide bonus that applies to all of your characters. You can boost your account’s Magic Find using Essences of Luck, which can be earned by salvaging Fine or Masterwork items.

Many players have spent a lot of time and money to get special magic find armor and weapon sets. Some of us even did this for multiple toons.

Will there be compensation, or do we basically have to start over on the magic find front?

While I like the idea that I will be able to have magic find AND butt-kicking stats at the same time, taking away something people have worked so hard for and giving them the one fingered salute is not acceptable behavior for a game company that wants customer retention.

Scenario: A new(er) player, let’s call her Lilly, just reached lv80 on her first toon. Lilly has been saving up all of her gold since lv1 and just purchased her first rare or exotic set with matching weapons along with accessories. She went with a magic find build because sparkly things that give them surprises make her happy. Lilly is excited! Now she is broke, but that’s ok because she has a cool outfit and can earn the gold back using her new gear. Lilly is a happy player, therefore Lilly is a retained player.

Now let’s fast-forward a week or two. Lilly logs in to see that her armor, weapons, and accessories are no longer functional, or at least not as functional as they were, and there is 0 magic find on her account. Now Lilly pretty much has to start over from square 1. She feels shocked, disappointed, defeated, and angry. She starts to think that the game is just a wast of time. Lilly is not a retained player.

People play video games to be social, feel a sense of achievement, have accomplishments, and generally feel happy. When these things are taken away, player retention goes down, as does word of mouth and new customer base. The players that stick around and take the blow because they feel too invested to leave won’t be as happy, and won’t talk positively about the game to potential players.

Since I haven’t seen official word about how this issue will be dealt with (if at all), I’m holding out hope that Arenanet will do the right thing and compensate players with account MF equal to or greater than current max MF, as well as compensation to obtain new gear. I’m really upset that hours and hours of play time and gold may be completely wasted.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Can we get any type of idea on what will happen to our current Magic Find stat on armor and trinkets?

I’m happy to see this update coming, but I’m wondering what will happen to my armor now. What happens to my Ascended Amulet that gives a good MF boost as well as the 25% MF infusion?

I don’t think any developer has commented on this yet.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lung Koku.9164

Lung Koku.9164

Hmmm I just finished to change all my old MF stuff (armor/weapon) into a celestial one and I’m on the way to buy Ascended gear with laurels (I already got the amulet with the mgical infusion and one ring) for my main char.
Off course I got Pirate and traveler superior rune on armors and Superior sigil of luck and Crest of the traveler on weapons.
I also have another char that got a full MF armor.

All those things has cost me a lot of time and a lot of laurels.
Now you say no more MF stuff????

Hmmm ok, What people who spend time to get those old stuff will get in exchange?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: LeDuc.1436

LeDuc.1436

this I am curious about now, will that magic find be replaced as a stat? or will the items simply be destroyed? the upcoming release page mentions nothing to this effect and I feel a little clarification will be necessary.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

So we will be able to cap out our MF% from consumables salvaged from blues and greens. MF armor owners will retain their stat, hit the MF% cap faster, but otherwise be unaffected. No new armor changes will be made. And whether it still makes any sense to run MF will depend on how easy it is to cap out MF with the new consumables.

Is this about right?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

If we are going to salavage lots of GREEN gear, we need to remove confirmation window! It should be removed completely from green items OR we need a hot key to suppress popup windows.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: archerT.1935

archerT.1935

I see in the update notes that Magic Find is going to be removed as a gear stat and changed to an account-wide stat.

I own an ascended neckpiece with a +20% Magic Find utility infusion. If a dev or knowledgeable player could let me know what will happen to that infusion, I would appreciate it greatly.

If I had to guess…

1.) The 20% magic find will be added to my account-wide bonuses and the infusion will be removed.

2.) The 20% magic find will not be added to my account-wide bonuses and the infusion will be changed to something else. Someone in Trade Chat mentioned +20% Boon Duration … I’d be SO OKAY with that.

3.) The infusion will be removed and 20 laurels refunded.

Thanks in advance for considering my question.

Armond Sinclaire – Human Guardian
Milloy – Human Thief
Blademaster Karo – Sylvari Warrior

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Ok, I understand the need for eliminating MF gear. Upon today’s announcement of the change coming in a week, why couldn’t they explain in detail what will happen?

Also, it was kinda crazy that the craftable Celestial gear that was just released recently had MF stats on it, don’t you think? Obviously, even people at Anet don’t know what’s going on!

What are you talking about? They said a while back that MF will be replace or removed from gear around JUNE. They also said that they will compensate for those who have MF gear, knowing how it will be done is irrelevant until it actually happens.

Karma was a disaster nobody saw it coming. MF had ample warning and clarification that something will be done to compensate, ultimately that is all that we need to know.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I agree with most. We need to know what they are doing with our stuff. Should we salvage? Or will the MF portion of the stats be replaced, and by what? Or will we have a choice of stat combination?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Hmmm I just finished to change all my old MF stuff (armor/weapon) into a celestial one and I’m on the way to buy Ascended gear with laurels (I already got the amulet with the mgical infusion and one ring) for my main char.
Off course I got Pirate and traveler superior rune on armors and Superior sigil of luck and Crest of the traveler on weapons.

Hmmm ok, What people who spend time to get those old stuff will get in exchange?

They said MF gear was going away a few months back…yet you still went ahead and spent all that?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Since the patch notes are up and it’s confirmed the 9/3 patch is removing magic find… what are you doing with gear that has the stat on it?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

There is no reason why we shouldn’t have more information on this. I have some ascended MF rings and such and it would be nice to know what is going to happen to everyone’s gear once the patch goes live. I really feel sorry for the people who have maxed out their MF gear just to get it washed away… I was close.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Since the patch notes are up and it’s confirmed the 9/3 patch is removing magic find… what are you doing with gear that has the stat on it?

Wearing it. Without any actual information from ArenaNet I will continue to wear the gear.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Those are not actual patch notes, just a preview. Patch notes include specific details of the changes of which a preview does not.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lung Koku.9164

Lung Koku.9164

They said MF gear was going away a few months back…yet you still went ahead and spent all that?

OK I apologyze to not read every word of Anet communication.
In fact has I’ve not hour and hour to spend for that the only com’ from Anet I read is the release informations.
But if they have announced that few months back, why have they made the new celestial set (that is just good for MF farm <= that’s only a personal opinion) and ascended MF stuff?

And what will became the skin I’ve put on my MF stuff?
Same questiosn about MF food/booster/guild Banner?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

What about someone like me who had their first set of magic find armor after <1 month of game, magic find rings from fractals within 1-2 months of their release, and same thing goes for the ascended earrings and amulets. Thankfully I never bothered with the magic find infusion or the 2nd ascended earring because that’s when I saw the “looking ahead for 2013” blog post. But a lot of people have had this gear since it’s introduction.

I’d be great if they just removed MF gear from vendors (the ascended ones), removed the crafting recipes, and maybe lock them on the TP. Then after all that, so people can’t exploit the system, tell us what they are planning to do.

Do we just get 1 free stat change per item and a refund of laurels for the magic find infusion? I mean I already have a dungeon set for my main (and recently a set to deal with the gauntlet), so I don’t know what I would do with a 3rd set of armor, but that’s the “most fair” thing I can think of (maybe include a way to trade in your armor for “Essences of Luck” as someone else suggested).

I just wish there was a bit more detail on the whole change. Also, (and I wish they told us this a couple of weeks ago) how “rare” is the Essence of Luck going to be, and will kit quality effect it. Anyone (myself included) who got the infinite use salvage kit will be screwed out of 800 gems if mystic salvage kits give a much better chance to get those essences.

Are they time bound, like consumables, or a permanent account wide addition? Is there a max cap? Will the MF% come even close to what we can get currently, or (if they add a permanent bonus) will we have to wait a year or two to get our account MF% that high? There are a ton of questions here, and I’m sure I’m missing some. [If they are permanent and there is no max cap, the drop rates are going to have to be abysmal to counter that].

Bleh, I like these sneak peeks, but the past couple of ones just leave me with way too many questions to sit over (and have the forum explode over) for a week.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Zhou.3605

Zhou.3605

So with this change, removing the MF from our equipment, what will happen to our runes? I spent a great deal of in game money to build magic find suits, and have several that give well over 100% MF. How will this be balanced?

Thank you for your time in answering this question, which I am sure many will be wondering about.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

You shall now be punished for having been a selfish player… mwahahaha.

No but really, no one knows.

EDIT:
Here is your answer https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Magic-Find-merged-1/page/2#post2713566

(edited by Kuzzi.2198)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

Hey all, no worries, we got you covered.

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.

For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat.

We will have a blog post about it with more extensive information as well, keep an eye on the website.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Thank-you.

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.

For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat.

We will have a blog post about it with more extensive information as well, keep an eye on the website.

Magic Find [merged]

ZudetGambeous.9573

that’s potentially disappointing… We were originally told we would be given compensation such that our account bound MF stat would be similar to what it currently is. I have no need for more gear. All my characters have all the sets of combat gear they need. My MF set was just that, a MF set… will there still be an option to convert it to the new account bound stat?

edit: hopefully the blog sheds more light on that.

Magic Find [merged]

mtpelion.4562

Will the items retain their skin? For example, let’s say I used my Dragon Helmet skin on a MF% helmet so that it is now a Dragon Helmet with MF% on it. When it becomes an item in my inventory and I double click it and pick a new stat set, will the result be a Dragon Helmet with new stats?

I haven’t actually used any cool skins on my MF% gear, but I know some players have and I just wanted to get the skin question out there.

Thanks!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Hey Martin, thanks for the info!
Any word on how MF food will be handled?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

And what with celestial stats and recipes?

Magic Find [merged]

mtpelion.4562

Hey Martin, thanks for the info!
Any word on how MF food will be handled?

Food is not a gear stat, so it should remain unchanged.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Thank you for some clarification. The next question is what will we expect from luck sigils, superior runes (ie. Pirate, noble, etc), and the utility MF infusion? The last of which is sort of a waste because gold & karma infusions aren’t exactly as useful as they once were.
Thanks again for an official answer, it does help with anxiety over the issue.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Hi a question,

how will the magic find removal be compensated for celestial stat gear?
Will we all the stats be boosted to compensate, or will they remain as is, just with the MF removed?

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Magic Find [merged]

Atherakhia.4086

What about celestial gear?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Okay, then what about Celestial gear? I sure as hell don’t want to change all the work I put into my Celestial gear into some cheap, generic 3-stat armor. Are you going to improve the Celestial stats, or replace MF with a different stat?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: The Talcmaster.7391

The Talcmaster.7391

Okay, then what about Celestial gear? I sure as hell don’t want to change all the work I put into my Celestial gear into some cheap, generic 3-stat armor. Are you going to improve the Celestial stats, or replace MF with a different stat?

I always figured the MF on celestial was just going to disappear, since the point is more for it to be a jack of all trades, and not necessarily MF (though I can see why you would use it for that)

Fort Aspenwood – [fury], [SAO], [NICE]
Fun on someone else’s schedule is not fun

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

that’s potentially disappointing… We were originally told we would be given compensation such that our account bound MF stat would be similar to what it currently is. I have no need for more gear. All my characters have all the sets of combat gear they need. My MF set was just that, a MF set… will there still be an option to convert it to the new account bound stat?

edit: hopefully the blog sheds more light on that.

Do you have a source for the bolded?

Granting an equivalent account based modifier equal to possible item based ones seems way optimistic…. Especially considering that modifer would then be in addition to whatever is equipped…

Magic Find [merged]

Atherakhia.4086

I always figured the MF on celestial was just going to disappear, since the point is more for it to be a jack of all trades, and not necessarily MF (though I can see why you would use it for that)

One would assume the MF was part of the item’s budget and thus why each stat is where it is at. It wouldn’t be fair to simply remove it and not replace it with something else.

Either increase the stats or introduce something else like a boon/condition duration stat that they can replace it with.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: LoopySnoopy.7923

LoopySnoopy.7923

I do hope this blog post has a full run down on how the transitions going to be. As at the moment this is a case of well we ran out of goodies to give you but we are taking your set away and saying make a brand new one. which I might add we don’t need, why can’t you change the MF stat to every resouce node as in logging,gathering and mining you have a 5% chance to gain an extra strike on said node. This response to me is like sticking two fingers at players who used there MF gear for when they are gathering nodes and only doing a few events. I hope with this my ascended trinkets can be replaced and its little inscription thing.

Too much agreement kills a chat.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Zhou.3605

Zhou.3605

I agree, I have a MF sword, with a luck sigil, which is bugged to start with, as it is titled as a sword of accuracy, which is a different rune. How will this work. I mean I paid…. a lot for that rune. You all say MF is cheap, I think that rune alone cost me like 7g. To me, 7g is quite a bit for a rune, but I thought it worth it. Now its going to just be what… a hunk of worthless stone?

Also, all my ascended gear on my main character is the lowered MF items. How will those be effected?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

• Celestial will stay as it is minus the MF bonus on it.
  • MF food will work as it is working now.
  • Utility Infusion will still work.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

Can we have some clarification on making MF items account bound – so that means all my ascending magic find trinklets can be moved onto another character of my choosing? And same to move any medium armor across relevant medium characters?

In that case if i put a magic find rune on everything I own it will all become account bound?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

OK ignore my above point on ascended trinklets, answered at same time I posted. But clarification on the rest of my armor?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

• Celestial will stay as it is minus the MF bonus on it.
  • MF food will work as it is working now.
  • Utility Infusion will still work.

Thank you. Mind sharing info on Traveler’s?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

So I’ll have a whole second set of armor that is pretty useless, but at least I get to choose the stat?

I already have my main set of zerker armor. No need for a second set of that or any other armor.

Any word on runes? What will happen with them?

Magic Find [merged]

Vol.5241

There’s nothing wrong with these changes, it’s good.

How about runes/sigils? Can those be changed to other stats?

[Permabanned on Forums]

Magic Find [merged]

Vol.5241

So I’ll have a whole second set of armor that is pretty useless, but at least I get to choose the stat?

I already have my main set of zerker armor. No need for a second set of that or any other armor.

Any word on runes? What will happen with them?

You’re pretty much gaining another armor set for free (or at a huge discount). And you can put them on alts when leveled to 80

[Permabanned on Forums]

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: The Talcmaster.7391

The Talcmaster.7391

Ok, so what about runes and sigils then, and what will claws craft into? Also, will the gear remain account bound after we select a different stat combo, or will it effectively change into a brand new item?

Fort Aspenwood – [fury], [SAO], [NICE]
Fun on someone else’s schedule is not fun