So about Dusk

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

That thing is crazy expensive now. Are we going to see new ways to get these items? I It was just 600g, about two days ago.

Attachments:

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Yea… seems like someone bought the remaining 5 or so dusk that were priced 600+g. Its pretty bad.. Even though i bought mine earlier on, 990g is way too much….

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

That’s what you get if everyone wants a rare item. Demand vastly outpaces supply. Prices rise. This patch made almost every other component in Twilight cheaper, so the price of Dusk goes up by a similar amount. Perfectly normal.

Go get another item. Don’t stare yourself blind on that Ferrari your neighbor has.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kain Nosgoth.4218

Kain Nosgoth.4218

No, it’s not perfectly normal. The other mats didn’t go down by 320g. This is market manipulation at it’s best because now they know there will be no precursor changes until February.

Assuming you would be right (and even if not) it’s also not fair and probably the worse handled thing yet in GW2. How can they make changes that will obviously destroy everyone that started with their gifts instead of their precursor. Not forgetting the karka handout and godskull exploit with zero repercussions and low lvl rares working.

And all this after they had admitted that 350g was becoming “an unreachable goal” long before.

Time to stop acting like scared kids who did a booboo (karka thing) and don’t want to do another one to upset mommy and try a different temp fix that won’t keep Dusk at 660-990 until April + when the SH is ready (when everyone that has only 400g will start from scratch doing it, which might take 2+ more months).

• looking now I see prices are actually right back where they were for everything (if you average t6 mats for gifts)
Just beacuase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA
AFL – Away From Life. // I admit to being a bad person.
Character specific key binds…yesterday if possible. Thank you.

(edited by Kain Nosgoth.4218)

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: demonwing.5843

demonwing.5843

[/fifteenchars]

Attachments:

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Good game me. Now my precursor, The Lover, is the 2nd most expensive behind only Dusk. Every single time I get within 3/4ths of the current sell price, it jacks up another 200g. I give. /whiteflag

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

And now its up to a price where people may finally stop trying to buy their way out of risk.

You could set up a LOT of mystic forge attempts with 990g… and even if you failed, at least that wouldn’t be putting 900g into the hands of another player you not-so-quietly HATE.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celestea.4105

That’s what you get if everyone wants a rare item. Demand vastly outpaces supply. Prices rise. This patch made almost every other component in Twilight cheaper, so the price of Dusk goes up by a similar amount. Perfectly normal.

Go get another item. Don’t stare yourself blind on that Ferrari your neighbor has.

First of all, I have no interest in Twilight, so you keep your assumptions to yourself.
I only made this thread in the interest of receiving developer input and creating discussion.

The only thing from your post that is correct is your comment about the scarcity of the item.

Using your logic, Dawn should be 900g, yet it’s only listed for 600g. Only difference? Lodestone types.

Ferrari’s? What?

(edited by Celestea.4105)

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kain Nosgoth.4218

Thinking back everything they did made it worse.

Admitting precursors start looking like unreachable goals => ppl assume they will do something soon=> start with gifts (=>prices go up, this also becomes a problem with ascended thing later on when they are added).

Karka thing => some ppl happy and a lot more thinking it’s unfair (also slight increase in ppl defending they current way of getting precursors so they can feel like unique snowflakes for the longest possible period of time).

Admitting one time events in that format due to timings and low end pcs ISPs etc and that we will not get another one like that for the foreseeable future = more hope crushing for everyone that was hoping for more precursors (which would have been normal and fair).

Increasing MF chances for precursor drops (my guess is they did it for random 4 weapon types and not for 4 of the same type without telling us that)=> again ppl think something will change (but market manipulation ftw, they knew about it, they have the numbers) – for some reason saw a decrease in supply (not counting orders, which were still to high anyway).

Announcing legendaries will be upgraded to ascended = BiS = increase in price when they knew it was already horrible (the whole t6 market and getting a precursor).

Talking about SH => again ppl thinking it will happen soon (sooner than 5 months anyway). => starting with gifts (which will soon be cheaper to make).

Telling us in some 1h long video that there will be new places that drop precursors => again everyone thinks it will go down in price (at least not up).

Reducing price of everything else (that has not stabilized yet but it’s happening and it’s good except for this particular problem) without doing something on the precursor side => even without manipulation prices were/are going to rise.

The only thing they didn’t do yet is to announce legendaries can have their stats changed for a 25g fee as many times as you want and will become account bound (both things would be great, but I mean announce this before fixing precursors).

• It would be funny if they patched something in the next week that messes up anyone and everyone stacking precursors to sell, manipulate etc – but it probably won’t happen.*

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tarang.7562

Tarang.7562

No, it’s not perfectly normal. The other mats didn’t go down by 320g. This is market manipulation at it’s best because now they know there will be no precursor changes until February.

Assuming you would be right (and even if not) it’s also not fair and probably the worse handled thing yet in GW2. How can they make changes that will obviously destroy everyone that started with their gifts instead of their precursor. Not forgetting the karka handout and godskull exploit with zero repercussions and low lvl rares working.

And all this after they had admitted that 350g was becoming “an unreachable goal” long before.

Time to stop acting like scared kids who did a booboo (karka thing) and don’t want to do another one to upset mommy and try a different temp fix that won’t keep Dusk at 660-990 until April + when the SH is ready (when everyone that has only 400g will start from scratch doing it, which might take 2+ more months).

• looking now I see prices are actually right back where they were for everything (if you average t6 mats for gifts)

Not fair? What the actual kitten? So, instead it would be fair if it only cost 200g? No? 150? Still not fair? What about 50g, most can come up with that, fair yet?

At what point do you subjectively deem a price fair? Is it unfair for people in the real world to have nice things too? That dude you saw with a fancy Ferrari, should he make sure you get one too?

My god, people are really starting to feel entitled to crap right now.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Lol, it’s so funny trying to hear the folks that got their precursor on the first 100g of pitching or for 20g around launch try to defend precursor prices. It’s really really funny.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

At what point do you subjectively deem a price fair?

Free would be ideal, but I’ll settle for one copper.

Is it unfair for people in the real world to have nice things too?

Most definitely, especially in those cases where the only thing they did was to luck out at birth.

That dude you saw with a fancy Ferrari, should he make sure you get one too?

At least one.

Hey, you asked… :P

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

Lol, it’s so funny trying to hear the folks that got their precursor on the first 100g of pitching or for 20g around launch try to defend precursor prices. It’s really really funny.

It is so funny to read just another whining post about precursor prices or the mats for it or the lodestones …
Oh wait, there is so much posts like this, that it is not fun anymore.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kain Nosgoth.4218

No, I have a very clear definition of fair in this case, but that one is subjective so I stick to stating was isn’t fair.

People having to farm gold at a 4g/h (doing activities you might not like because other than Orr or dungeons run very quickly and efficiently – to read as “skip everything you can”) up to 600g for 1/4th of a legendary when the majority of the people that have it got the WHOLE thing by one or more of the following:

- TP speculation (which is fine in itself but it should not be a requirement to obtain legendaries)
- TP manipulation that hurts everyone else (this one isn’t fine in any form)
- TP item flipping with dozens of orders and constantly checking and re-posting the orders and items (this is inconveniencing other people but it can’t be defined as bad like manipulation is – the point is it still should not be a condition for obtaining the gold you need since it’s a meta-game that a lot of people hate, don’t have time for etc)
- having better pcs and logging in for a 1 time event with a ridiculously high drop rate that WILL NOT BE REPEATED (or similar ones that will not happen for a long long time)
- grinding karma in Orr before patches instead of doing content (people having 3 million karma only from a few days of that)
- bugging recipes for free precursors in forge

While everyone that isn’t in those categories has to grind/farm or simply play the game but dozens of more times the nr. of hours for the same result.

For my personal definition of fair (which is somewhat irrelevant , but you sort of asked for it) that only applies to the current way of making legendaries (not for the fixed quest that requires a certain maximum amount of time to complete that you finish faster if you only do that 6h/day working to complete it when it will be added*):
- NO precursor should cost over 300g while still obtainable through mystic forge as it is now
- OR adding a fixed recipe that requires dungeon tokens (or other souldbound items not to affect the economy even more). Fixed recipe that would take approximately the same amount of time (played time, that also takes into consideration the DR on dungeon tokens/day) required to get 300g by doing the most profitable dungeon (or farming spot). And one of these should happen soon , really reallllly soon not in April or later (when the SH will probably be added).
—————————————————————————

If they add SH and it has a hard imposed time limit that would also be unfair (and generally bad) unless the precursor prices drop to a reasonable threshold at the same time, which they probably will (why should everyone that didn’t get lucky or took part in bugged/unintended content get theirs in a matter of weeks and everyone else would have to wait a randomly, decided by Anet, amount of time doing the SH before getting theirs). The best example of what we should not see in the SH is “you must repeat this SH specific daily achievement 150+ times before getting the precursor from the SH” or “you must get a number of X items that are a 3% drop from Y type of event”. It would also mean everyone with an alt has to wait 4 months for a 2nd precursor or be in the same situation as now (where the precursor is over 650g with no other choice to get it except gambling).

A reasonable time limit (again this whole paragraph is subjective) would be 1 month for SH completion (if we only consider the system from then on, atm April or later + 1 month for all of us with 3 gifts sitting in bank is already unfair/too much considering everything that happened until now and how this game isn’t supposed to be grindy).

P.S. That dude with a Ferrai didn’t get it for 1000 dollars by hacking the Matrix or buying it early and no one can get one for that price now or at any point in the past (except if someone won the lottery and bought one but those are one a million cases and it doesn’t apply to GW2). Also GW2=/= RL.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

The only thing they didn’t do yet is to announce legendaries can have their stats changed for a 25g fee as many times as you want and will become account bound (both things would be great, but I mean announce this before fixing precursors).

• It would be funny if they patched something in the next week that messes up anyone and everyone stacking precursors to sell, manipulate etc – but it probably won’t happen.*

they don t have to announce…
They have to do it so speculators are hit hard.

They have to learn the risk of going too far losing most of their money.

They did a good job with lodestones, now speculators will jump on precursors.
If they do something about it when is least expected they will score a good point against people that makes game worse for most players.

IMHO <===

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

If someone is willing to pay 900g for a Dusk, then Dusk has been underpriced the whole time. The price of an item is what the seller and buying are willing to sell/buy it for.

Nothing to see here folks.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kain Nosgoth.4218

I hate Vol more and more…just saying…. (go ahead, take a look at his life time posts).

I wonder if I can manage to get my 1st infraction for this statement hmmm. Also since this invites ppl to look at mine as well I’ll save you the troble: everything is QQ in wall of text format about precursors, not having character specific keybinds and me admitting to feeling forced into item flipping which I did/do and hated/hate.

Forgot to mention that 990g Dusk will never sell but it will rise the price even more so they can unload those last manipulated Dusks they still have stacked up. Also just because a select few can and are willing to do something it doesn’t mean the situation is ok. Just because some ppl solve their problems with a drive-by it doesn’t mean the deserved punishment for doing something that someone didn’t like is getting shot. Or just because some ppl are willing to pay everything they own in this world for a vaccine that can save their lives it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be made accessible to more ppl (if not everyone). Oh great now I’m doing it (god kitten RL examples always sound bad about games).

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mmaroevic.8029

mmaroevic.8029

I support the hating system on Dusk. I got all my gifts almost 2 months ago, been playing since the start of the game, and i havent played whole January cause i just lost interest in this crap that is never gonna drop, and the price is so funny, that even if i had 5k gold i wouldnt give the kitten over 400g for the price of it. It is actually funny, u dont want grinding in this game, yet you pull crazy amounts of mats for the legendary, which drop as often as i take the big dump, u support casual players, yet u let the cheaters control precursor market.
As a pve player there is only 2 things i can do in this game, and that is collect ascend gear, which i have done, and grind the legendary, which i havent cause of the brilliant drop rate and market price for it, and i get this system, u get your legendary u get your ascended gear, and then the game just gets boring and anoying, cause wtf would u wanna do same thing all over again when u got nothing to gain from it? I totally get it, if the price of the precursors was 200g everyone would have it and drop the game for the kitten it is, and that is the fact why the devs aint doing nothing about it, ofc they dont wanna lose players. Just look at the last patch, i read the notes, went into game to find all the waiting was for one more ascended amulet…

The game was fun for me at the start, especially in beta playing pvp, but the fun times are over, almost everything that was said about it was a lie, i know u dont care, but i dont either i’m done with this bullkitten, maybe i’ll come back to play, when i hear from a friend that precursors are available through vendors, till then i hope u actually read all the complaints people are having about the precursors, cheaters and such, have fun.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

This is how it works:

Goldsellers buy the most wanted items (including precursors).

Goldbuyers rage and whine that the precursors are so kitten expensive, and buy gold from the goldsellers.

Goldbuyer buys the gold and thus transfers the gold back to the goldsellers so they can sell the gold again.

Rinse and repeat aka instant profit.

I know from sources that p v p bank (lol they filtered this) is sitting on 360000g in supply, and that the demand is about the double of this.

So expect the prices to continue to rise over time. And no, I have not bought any gold and never intend to ever do so.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AreUMadBro.6907

AreUMadBro.6907

I was about to create a topic about this…Month ago, or more, I saw a post of a GM saying they were worried about precursor prices, and my guess its that they are going to drop in this event(exotics, then lucky ones will get precursors, just like in Lost Shores)…Hope you guys make a good drop rate in the event, cause this price is absurd. What would be a far price? Less than 400g?

Oh and I have 440g in hands, and more 50g in items to sell…So I am not that bad in money, but still…Too overpriced

(edited by AreUMadBro.6907)

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I know from sources that that goldselling site is sitting on 360000g in supply, and that the demand is about the double of this.

Holy [citation needed] batman.

I wonder how many chinamen, bots and TP crawlers they got.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Just don’t buy it at that price. If nobody is willing to purchase, it won’t go up. What’s wrong with you people? Have some patience.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celestea.4105

If someone is willing to pay 900g for a Dusk, then Dusk has been underpriced the whole time. The price of an item is what the seller and buying are willing to sell/buy it for.

This isn’t a buy order, it’s a sale listing. the highest buy order was 550g at the time of my post.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kain Nosgoth.4218

Just don’t buy it at that price. If nobody is willing to purchase, it won’t go up. What’s wrong with you people? Have some patience.

Yes cuz after grinding and flipping my fingers off instead of playing the game for over 700g for the 3 gifts I need to patiently wait 6+ more months since the day the announced they know it’s a problem.

Don’t know if I was ever clear about this. I know they are fixing it, and assuming they don’t screw it up completely by making the SH take months and/or be based on more RNG and/or make it completable faster than X amount of time no matter how many 10h/day sessions you want to put in (by requiring daily quest or something of the sort) it’s going to be great. My problem has always been the lack of ANY temporary action (except the failed karka thing and promise we will not be seeing anything of the sorts for a long time while they work out the issues).

Besides there will always be people like Vol who will buy it at the price (even if until now he did no such thing for his legendary, at least one, probably both). And there will also always be TP barons and investors who enjoy that kind of thing (which is fine) that just don’t care and will also buy it any any price to skip the SH and save 1-3weeks.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

This isn’t a buy order, it’s a sale listing. the highest buy order was 550g at the time of my post.

What I mean is, doesn’t matter if someone lists it at 900g. They can still put a buy order well low of that and still get someone to sell it. The richest buyer may never want to buy Dusk for anymore than 600g.

The buyer/seller meet at an equilibrium point.

[Permabanned on Forums]

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Yes cuz after grinding and flipping my fingers off instead of playing the game for over 700g for the 3 gifts I need to patiently wait 6+ more months since the day the announced they know it’s a problem.

Don’t know if I was ever clear about this. I know they are fixing it, and assuming they don’t screw it up completely by making the SH take months and/or be based on more RNG and/or make it completable faster than X amount of time no matter how many 10h/day sessions you want to put in (by requiring daily quest or something of the sort) it’s going to be great. My problem has always been the lack of ANY temporary action (except the failed karka thing and promise we will not be seeing anything of the sorts for a long time while they work out the issues).

Besides there will always be people like Vol who will buy it at the price (even if until now he did no such thing for his legendary, at least one, probably both). And there will also always be TP barons and investors who enjoy that kind of thing (which is fine) that just don’t care and will also buy it any any price to skip the SH and save 1-3weeks.

I definitely won’t pay more than 600g on a Dusk. I’d rather craft Flameseeker (which I’m close to getting) and wait patiently for the Scavenger hunt to come. I’m in no rush.

I’m sure there are other people out there who have their limits.

BTW, I didn’t buy my legendary. If anything I bought the mats, like everyone else out there.

[Permabanned on Forums]

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kain Nosgoth.4218

I meant you bought one of the precursors for 145g (one that is now over 480g). And you had money for it at the time (karka event which we won’t be getting anymore) because TP or because you didn’t start with getting the gifts (like some of us did thinking they will do something about precursor when they said it was getting too high the 1st time). The reason why you had the money doesn’t matter anyway (since 140g was obtainable even without playing TP), it matters even if we do have that kind of money we were promised we won’t get any more occasions like that one for 150-200g precursors free of risk of loosing everything for nothing (see 750g in rares, or 250g in exotics with unknown % and the increase that I still think only worked for 4 weapon type MF recipes).

Judging from your general attitude towards Orr farming I’m going to also guess you had a over 1,5M karma from before nerf and I wonder how many alts you have (2?).

Skill is out of the question for legendaries atm so since it’s a dedication thing how come ppl with 1000h have 2 and 3/4 legendaries from TP/fractal grind and ppl with 1500h and 8 alts and dungeons and dragons and 100% world on 5 of those 8 alts have 10x less stuff. I don’t even want Godskull ppl to get their stuff rolledback (not even the guys with 5000g from getting 10 Dusk), I want to have a way to work for 2-4 weeks doing dungeons and events and know I will 100% afford or get a precursor and I would love to not wait until May to finish the working part.

Oh yea, I’d like to get the legendary I want not the one I can afford in the currently kittened market. So that “getting Flameseeker prophecies” doesn’t apply to everyone. (After Dusk it’s on to Frostfang and Bifrost and Sunrise and maybe then FS.P. for me).

“The player is the most important thing in the game.” Unless god forbid he wants shiny items for doing the activities he likes in the game instead of meta-trading-economics or 1 in 10000 luck, otherwise everything is ok because a few are willing to do that.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Seems strange people are actually defending the idea that just part of a legendary is a tickle away from 1000g how can that make sense why on earth would you defend a price that is clearly rediculous?

Oh yea if your selling them

Ulfar SOR

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Konde.8594

Konde.8594

Guys, at 990g even the unluckiest of the unluckiest will have a precursor in the mystic forge.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

I meant you bought one of the precursors for 145g (one that is now over 480g). And you had money for it at the time (karka event which we won’t be getting anymore) because TP or because you didn’t start with getting the gifts (like some of us did thinking they will do something about precursor when they said it was getting too high the 1st time). The reason why you had the money doesn’t matter anyway (since 140g was obtainable even without playing TP), it matters even if we do have that kind of money we were promised we won’t get any more occasions like that one for 150-200g precursors free of risk of loosing everything for nothing (see 750g in rares, or 250g in exotics with unknown % and the increase that I still think only worked for 4 weapon type MF recipes).

Judging from your general attitude towards Orr farming I’m going to also guess you had a over 1,5M karma from before nerf and I wonder how many alts you have (2?).

Skill is out of the question for legendaries atm so since it’s a dedication thing how come ppl with 1000h have 2 and 3/4 legendaries from TP/fractal grind and ppl with 1500h and 8 alts and dungeons and dragons and 100% world on 5 of those 8 alts have 10x less stuff. I don’t even want Godskull ppl to get their stuff rolledback (not even the guys with 5000g from getting 10 Dusk), I want to have a way to work for 2-4 weeks doing dungeons and events and know I will 100% afford or get a precursor and I would love to not wait until May to finish the working part.

Oh yea, I’d like to get the legendary I want not the one I can afford in the currently kittened market. So that “getting Flameseeker prophecies” doesn’t apply to everyone. (After Dusk it’s on to Frostfang and Bifrost and Sunrise and maybe then FS.P. for me).

“The player is the most important thing in the game.” Unless god forbid he wants shiny items for doing the activities he likes in the game instead of meta-trading-economics or 1 in 10000 luck, otherwise everything is ok because a few are willing to do that.

Your thoughts are really all over the place so I don’t know what you’re trying to get at…

I had about 400k karma, not including the boosts before the patch. I used it all and bought Obsidian shards. Karma is not all that hard to come by when all you do is farm shelt/pen. That’s where I get my money.

[Permabanned on Forums]

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Seems strange people are actually defending the idea that just part of a legendary is a tickle away from 1000g how can that make sense why on earth would you defend a price that is clearly rediculous?

And if you had a Dusk to sell, tell me, why would you sell one for only 500g when there is another buyer out there who wants to buy it for 700g? That’s irrational – you’re throwing away 200g right there.

If someone is willing to pay more for Dusk than I’am, so be it. I’m not going to whine and complain, that’s not going to do anything. I’ll just wait for the inevitable market correction that happens (and it already did for this 900g Dusk)

[Permabanned on Forums]

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Remember people, no item has static prices. Prices are all set by supply/demand. Prices are high simply because there are people willing to pay that price.

If it goes too high, then there will be a point where maybe you should start thinking about using the MF instead of just buying it from the TP.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tarang.7562

Tarang.7562

At what point do you subjectively deem a price fair?

Free would be ideal, but I’ll settle for one copper.

Is it unfair for people in the real world to have nice things too?

Most definitely, especially in those cases where the only thing they did was to luck out at birth.

That dude you saw with a fancy Ferrari, should he make sure you get one too?

At least one.

Hey, you asked… :P

Nice trollpost, more or less.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Konde.8594

Konde.8594

And beside that, everyone in the game want gratsword legendaries. Thats why the prices are so high.

Good thing im going for meteorlogicus, bought mine for 55g when dusk was 400g. You people should look for cheaper ones.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sarcasmic.6741

I want a shortbow, and only 2 professions can even use a shortbow. My precursor was 750g as of last night. Compared to the number of professions that can use greatsword and the price of Dusk (or especially Dawn) it’s absurd. I guess I’ll whittle away my gold into the mystic toilet with my fingers crossed.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Proxcel.2596

Proxcel.2596

not like i have 900g…. but if i do have it i rather gamble with MF….

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

rather then wasting your time complaining you should play hte game and get one. maybe you get lucky in a chest or the mystic toilet or even farm the gold for it.

just because the price is redicoulus doesnt mean anything. just dont buy it. simple as that. wait for the price to go down. place a lower custom order and hope someone sell to you < that works, because thats how i bought dawn for 301g over 1 month ago.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celestea.4105

Apparently spending 2-3 minutes asking for dev input equates to wasting time complaining. Some people. LOL

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psychophant.5682

Psychophant.5682

This. This a thousand times over. I’ve seen people complain about precursor prices (at 200g) then get their legendary, and suddenly they are telling people to stop complaining about the 600g it now is.

Archon Moros
Lvl. 80 Abrasive
GM of [KAIN]

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

kitten right.

And if you had a Dusk to sell, tell me, why would you sell one for only 500g when there is another buyer out there who wants to buy it for 700g? That’s irrational – you’re throwing away 200g right there.

If someone is willing to pay more for Dusk than I’am, so be it. I’m not going to whine and complain, that’s not going to do anything. I’ll just wait for the inevitable market correction that happens (and it already did for this 900g Dusk)

Actually i probably would, i have no interest in Dusk mains are ranger and guardian. If i got lucky tossing trash in the mystic toilet i would rather sell it to a guildy for 500 than sell it on the market for 900

Ulfar SOR

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

Guys, at 990g even the unluckiest of the unluckiest will have a precursor in the mystic forge.

It amazes me how many people don’t realize this. For 950 gold at current prices you can make 2500 rare greatswords. If you throw all of those into the forge you will get back somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 exotic greatswords that you can sell on the TP to offset the cost. If you lowball the value of those exotic greatswords at just over 2g, then you’ll make 400g back — that’s the minimum return. This would put the overall cost at 550g.

And if you put 2500 rare greatswords into the forge, you’d have to be insanely unlucky to not get a precursor. I got mine after 1100 rares, a friend of mine got his after 500, and I’ve heard other people quote numbers in the range of 1600.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sarcasmic.6741

It amazes me how many people don’t realize this. For 950 gold at current prices you can make 2500 rare greatswords. If you throw all of those into the forge you will get back somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 exotic greatswords that you can sell on the TP to offset the cost. If you lowball the value of those exotic greatswords at just over 2g, then you’ll make 400g back — that’s the minimum return. This would put the overall cost at 550g.

And if you put 2500 rare greatswords into the forge, you’d have to be insanely unlucky to not get a precursor. I got mine after 1100 rares, a friend of mine got his after 500, and I’ve heard other people quote numbers in the range of 1600.

375 tries for yours, sounds about right. Thanks for further affirming my belief to stop saving for TP prices and just craft forge fodder

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AreUMadBro.6907

AreUMadBro.6907

Why you guys dont want another karka event? Its just what we need. If they just increase the drop, it will be too common. This way will be better. They promised frame and frost to be bigger than karka. The only way to make it bigger, is dropping some exotics, and to the lucky ones, precursors

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

mosspit.8936

Well “good” news is of the time of this post, the 990g Dusk is gone and replaced by 4 Dusks at the 750+g range (sell orders).

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: falchion.3652

falchion.3652

375 tries for yours, sounds about right. Thanks for further affirming my belief to stop saving for TP prices and just craft forge fodder

Over a two day period I had 490 tries and got nothing. Combined 50 odd exotic 80s in addition (from the tries) out of frustration but still nothing. It was well past 1500 rares. Wouldn’t be too quick to rely on the MF.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

When supply is really low the price can fluctuate easily because when one is bought, it will go to the next like regular items. But unlike regular items, there isn’t really the 1c undercut here so there’s a good difference in price. This means you can have listings like 900g, 800g, 600g. If the 600g is bought, then the price goes up 33% to 800g. The high listing fee on these items also means people won’t be taking them down to relisting them at a lower price for undercutting either.
^just posted this to explain how it can move up in price so quickly in two days.

And of course anything too low in price will be bought quickly by flipping merchants or people who want to keep the value up.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

mosspit.8936

When supply is really low the price can fluctuate easily because when one is bought, it will go to the next like regular items. But unlike regular items, there isn’t really the 1c undercut here so there’s a good difference in price. This means you can have listings like 900g, 800g, 600g. If the 600g is bought, then the price goes up 33% to 800g. The high listing fee on these items also means people won’t be taking them down to relisting them at a lower price for undercutting either.
^just posted this to explain how it can move up in price so quickly in two days.

And of course anything too low in price will be bought quickly by flipping merchants or people who want to keep the value up.

What you mentioned in the first part not likely. I bought my dusk just before the 28th Jan Patch. When I bought it, there was a supply of about 11 and the most expensive Dusk did not exceed 700g.

If you went on gw2spidy at the time of this post using the 1 day history, you can see there is a step function where the sell order line is raised from ~650g to 990g in the span of 2hrs.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Navzar.2938

Doesn’t spidy’s sell order price just reflect the current lowest sell order? There were only two changes, one to 820 and one to 990. But yeah I see what you mean, it seems odd that dusks would be bought in a short time span without the intent to drive up prices.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

mosspit.8936

Doesn’t spidy’s sell order price just reflect the current lowest sell order?

Thats why I mentioned this:

When I bought it, there was a supply of about 11 and the most expensive Dusk did not exceed 700g.

So about Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Navzar.2938

Oh sorry, that’s probably a sign that I should go to sleep soon…
It might be gold sellers that are trying to keep the prices high. Or at least that’s what I’ve heard before.