[PROs and CONs] New Trading Post

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

This thread quickly changed from my original intended purpose into a “this is what I like, this is what I don’t”, which seems like a more constructive use of space, so I thought I’d edit the OP to reflect this:

The new Trading Post UI includes good improvements we’ve asked for, and that is very much appreciated. But it also took away a lot of things that made the previous UI easy to use. I realize we tend to complain about a lot of updates (not all; the crafting UI was a.w.e.s.o.m.e), but we have good reason to do so. A beautiful Trading Post UI would make the world to us, so we should help you know what we like about it and what we don’t. Let’s give the devs concise pro’s and con’s regarding the new TP.

The original post:

So the devs understand we aren’t crying wolf
The crafting UI upgrade has received near-universal applause (there are a few bugs, but no complaints).
The TP, on the other hand, has received near-universal complaining (with some people being OK with it). We don’t just complain to complain, we complain when something sucks (and we applaud when something is awesome). Eventually we run out of energy and stop complaining (it’s tiring being mad), but that doesn’t make it suck any less, that just means we’ve given up caring.

(edited by Mystic.5934)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

tradepsot shows whats wrong with arneanet

people ask just for an simple armor filter for 2 years

but arenanet has to overhaul the complete thing and make it even worse

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The good news is you see what’s important, what the buyer is going to get.

Curtis Johnson
“We felt it was important when selling something to know exactly what price your buyer was going to see. The change also is the least cluttered way to address feedback we received previously about profit including / not including fees and wanting to be as clear as possible on the order of operations.
We’re balancing a lot of UX design against desire for more information with the new UI.. We’ll be watching to see what sort of confusion comes out of this and may or may not re-introduce a net profit display later.”

(Truthfully I couldn’t care less what the buyer is going to see, but whatever)

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Some of it is a lot nicer. It’s a lot fewer clicks if you want to check on the current sell prices on each of the items you have for sale, baring the current 100 item limit.

Before you had to:
1) Click on transactions tab.
2) Pull down and select items for sale
3)Select an item
4) Select it again from a list of one

To look at the next item you had to first click on a different tab first and then go back to 1)

Now
Click at transactions
Click on current
Click on selling

Then for each item clicking on it gives you the buy dialog which displays both current bids and sell prices for that item.
Click to close dialog and choose next item.

So it’s 3 +2n clicks Vs 5n clicks. For one item it’s the same but for 10 items it’s half the number of clicks.

When buying or selling multiple stacks, it remembers the price you set between orders. Setting to max is one click (click the end of the slider).

The need to fix the limited list size.
I would like them to double the current bid and sell lists to up to 20.

Now I never really used the TP with the keyboard so if you are a good typist and quickly tabbed through the amount/price fields so I don’t know how much worse that entry method is. I was always a mouse → keyboard → mouse.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

I think it’s important to point out that the main functions for a vast majority of players – clicking on an item in inventory to sell, or searching for an item to buy – are vastly, vastly improved.

Running around this evening, whenever I wanted to sell something I found the experience on the TP was excellent – right click on the item, pull up the TP, and all the relevant buy and sell information is right there, on one screen, that I don’t have to leave to transact. It was excellent.

Searching for gear isn’t bad either (only complaint is the automatic ‘my class’ filter that I have to remove every single time, can we please check that off?); you can filter for roughly what you want much more easily now, and really narrow down your search.

Then picking up from any screen is a great feature. You don’t even lose your searches any more when picking up items, it’s seamless and makes it so much easier to buy and sell while continuing to use the TP. Great quality of life feature.

On the flip side, the TP is much worse for power users now; if you are looking to manage your buy and sell orders you are going to be in for a rough time. This starts immediately from the menus, where instead of clicking on your orders on the top level menu, you now have to click the TP option, then the ‘transactions’ option on the other side of the screen, then back to the left again to start filtering – this is not user friendly UI, and it’s only not an issue for selling your items because you bypass all the clicks with selling from inventory.

The UI only shows 100 entries, so if you’re someone that manages a bunch of listings you’re going to have to get creative to find the particular listings you’re looking for. There’s a confirm dialogue on every removal now, making broad-based buy orders a much larger pain to try and maintain while defending against 1c overcuts.

There are a handful of things it does do better, like evaluating the position of your orders in the market, but in general I’ve been really disappointed in the new UI with respect to managing my buy and sell orders. If there’s any ability to do some more work on it, that’s the place to do it.

The easiest feature would be a hotkey to skip directly to my transactions, without having to click through all the different context menus – I understand there’s a big push to simplify all the menus, but in the process you’ve buried what were previously easy to access features deep in a context menu tree, and it’s now a pain to access. Let me skip straight to what I’m looking for please.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I honestly don’t understand how “match my lowest listing” was removed…I’m now probably undercutting myself unless I previously check if I have X product already listed because it’s information not readily available when I’m selling items.

Also as someone who crafted a lot, having to slide things up to 250 EVERY TIME is not a quality of life improvement in the slightest given I didn’t have to do that with repeat sellings previously.

Enchancements are meant to enhance existing functionality not completely remove them and replace them with completely different things, it’s like the person who designed this wasn’t a regularly user of the TP because if they were they would have noticed straight away some of the very obvious flaws that make this new TP far more tedious than the old one….three times the clicks involved to sell multiple stacks of items

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

(edited by Protoavis.9107)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

I sell most of my items instantly because I want the immediately gold return without having to worry about whether the item I listed actually sold. Also, it’s way faster when trying to clear some space while in the middle of something. (I know I could salvage, that’s beside the point).

I used to open BLTC, then click Sell tab, then item, then sell, then click Ok. It would sell the entire stack and it was really nice.

Now…. I open BLTC, click Sell tab, drag slider to max, ensure to check box for selling immediately instead of listing, then Sell button, then Ok. If I forget to move the slider it wastes my time. If I forget to check the sell now box instead of listing the item, then I have to deal with the fact that my item may not sell because of shifting prices.

I “sold” like 50 items yesterday before I realized that I was actually listing them instead of instantly selling them. I checked my “items I’m selling” tab and 4 hours later most of my items were still there. That’s just silly for someone who wanted to sell the items right away.

Please fix this. Give us an option to choose certain default settings.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buky.3820

Buky.3820

I honestly don’t understand how “match my lowest listing” was removed…I’m now probably undercutting myself unless I previously check if I have X product already listed because it’s information not readily available when I’m selling items.

Also as someone who crafted a lot, having to slide things up to 250 EVERY TIME is not a quality of life improvement in the slightest given I didn’t have to do that with repeat sellings previously.

Enchancements are meant to enhance existing functionality not completely remove them and replace them with completely different things, it’s like the person who designed this wasn’t a regularly user of the TP because if they were they would have noticed straight away some of the very obvious flaws that make this new TP far more tedious than the old one….three times the clicks involved to sell multiple stacks of items

exactly the same issue !

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. thats what i also am really missing

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

The crafting UI upgrade has received near-universal applause (there are a few bugs, but no complaints).
The TP, on the other hand, has received near-universal complaining (with some people being OK with it). We don’t just complain to complain, we complain when something sucks (and we applaud when something is awesome). Eventually we run out of energy and stop complaining (it’s tiring being mad), but that doesn’t make it suck any less, that just means we’ve given up caring.

Some parts seem better; some parts seem worse. I’m waiting a little while to see if I really mind the parts that seem worse; sometimes change aversion blinds you to when a change is actually a good thing. I’m not sure that’s the case for the new TP, but I’d advise withholding judgment for a little while.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

I sell most of my items instantly because I want the immediately gold return without having to worry about whether the item I listed actually sold. Also, it’s way faster when trying to clear some space while in the middle of something. (I know I could salvage, that’s beside the point).

I used to open BLTC, then click Sell tab, then item, then sell, then click Ok. It would sell the entire stack and it was really nice.

Now…. I open BLTC, click Sell tab, drag slider to max, ensure to check box for selling immediately instead of listing, then Sell button, then Ok. If I forget to move the slider it wastes my time. If I forget to check the sell now box instead of listing the item, then I have to deal with the fact that my item may not sell because of shifting prices.

I “sold” like 50 items yesterday before I realized that I was actually listing them instead of instantly selling them. I checked my “items I’m selling” tab and 4 hours later most of my items were still there. That’s just silly for someone who wanted to sell the items right away.

Please fix this. Give us an option to choose certain default settings.

This. Also the popup after selling something “you can pick your coin up from the delivery box!” is just an extra click.

If I want to sell some ores fast when clearing bags, what used to be 2 clicks from the sell list (select item, hit sell) is now 5 clicks (select item, select top buyer, drag slider to max, hit sell instantly, hit ok to close the popup).

Also fewer items are displayed at once on the sell list and they aren’t in alphabetical order by default, making it harder to find things. I know there’s an exciting new bag/search function for finding things, but being able to just see it on the screen in the first place was better.

There are some decent improvements to the trading post (the searching) but the main selling functionality got a whole lot more inconvenient and time-consuming.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

exactly the same issue !

The “improvements” on the trading post, if you can call them that, are questionable, while the stuff they changed for the worse is obvious and borderline painfully annoying. As I have said on other “improvements” they have done, they seem to have kept to their track record of taking some actually useful things away to add new allegedly useful things.

Yes, seeing what the cost breakdown for selling is is borderline useful. If it were a choice between that or easily seeing how much I would make from the sale LIKE WAS POSSIBLE BEFORE YOU kittenED THAT UP, I would want to know the bottom line to me every single time.

The listing automatically, where before it was selected to sell automatically, NO IMPROVEMENT AT ALL. Having to use a slider to list or sell more than 1 item at a time LIKE WAS POSSIBLE BEFORE YOU kittenED THAT UP by clicking 1 button, but most of the time was automatic, NEGATIVE IMPROVEMENT. Not being able to “add to current listing”, LIKE WAS POSSIBLE BEFORE YOU kittenED THAT UP, HUGE BACKWARDS STEP!

End result, selling things now takes longer, and if you want to know how much you will make from a sale, you can sit there and figure it out, which adds more time to the transaction. I am largely considering just merching everything I get as drops now, because at least there, I know how much I am going to make from the start. Or at least I will until Anet decides to “improve” that too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I agree that the Crafting UI improvement was amazing. I absolutely love it.

The TP one? Leaves a lot to be desired, and honestly isn’t any faster for me. I’d rather deal with the old one that at least I knew how to work as opposed to one with less functionality where it counts, and longer more difficult processes for other things.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

If I want to sell some ores fast when clearing bags, what used to be 2 clicks from the sell list (select item, hit sell) is now 5 clicks (select item, select top buyer, drag slider to max, hit sell instantly, hit ok to close the popup).

Also fewer items are displayed at once on the sell list and they aren’t in alphabetical order by default, making it harder to find things.

There are some decent improvements to the trading post (the searching) but the main selling functionality got a whole lot more inconvenient and time-consuming.

1, not a fan of the extra clicks. Actually pretty irritated that Sell Max isn’t on there.

2, I did find a way to sort alphabetically, so that’s a blessing. I found it less baffling than “which bag was it in” or “omg are those unique bags for sale somehow? wtf is going on?” when I first saw the bag interface.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

Next

Just popping in here to say we are continuing to pay attention and reading as much feedback as time allows. This thread in particular lists several pros / cons with good comparison to old and usage examples.

The primary pain as Ensign mentioned is the power users. Partially because power users are the most ingrained with how / where information was given before and what the most efficient sequence of clicks was. That will partially fix itself as there are many new conveniences to get used to and some non-obvious shortcuts that power users will figure out over time just as you did with OTP.

For example – many people list the new ‘sell confirmation’ as annoying and too much extra clicking. OTP had the same thing but for power users, there is no need to wait for the confirmation. You can click off the order dialog just as you did in old TP as soon as you hit sell..

Partially the power users pain comes from exceeding some of the display limits added to make everything more responsive. While responsiveness is hugely important for general usage we are aware some players have ‘hidden’ orders they can’t manage.. and that’s not good.

There are some bugs with new TP that will get fixed and we’ll definitely be discussing other changes brought up. So please continue to give constructive feedback especially valuable when you explain how you would use something instead of how to fix it. (eg: I wish I knew if i’m undercutting myself, vs match my lowest needs to be a button.)

Thanks Guys and Gals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

(eg: I wish I knew if i’m undercutting myself, vs match my lowest needs to be a button.)

I am glad you have already thought of that or was told. Because that would be a problem I could see how you missed it originally.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The most important missing feature that needs to be added back is “Match My Lowest Listing”. Losing that is a huge loss of functionality. The key piece of information we’re losing here is the ability to be able to list things where we already had them (convenience) and the ability to not undercut ourselves (since we don’t readily know now). Pretty much everything else about the new TP I love.

Oh, and it’s really annoying typing “I am Evon Gnashblade” to enable/disable that mode. It needs to be more convenient, maybe as a filtering option?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Deugan.3650

Deugan.3650

Just popping in here to say we are continuing to pay attention and reading as much feedback as time allows. This thread in particular lists several pros / cons with good comparison to old and usage examples.

The primary pain as Ensign mentioned is the power users. Partially because power users are the most ingrained with how / where information was given before and what the most efficient sequence of clicks was. That will partially fix itself as there are many new conveniences to get used to and some non-obvious shortcuts that power users will figure out over time just as you did with OTP.

For example – many people list the new ‘sell confirmation’ as annoying and too much extra clicking. OTP had the same thing but for power users, there is no need to wait for the confirmation. You can click off the order dialog just as you did in old TP as soon as you hit sell..

Partially the power users pain comes from exceeding some of the display limits added to make everything more responsive. While responsiveness is hugely important for general usage we are aware some players have ‘hidden’ orders they can’t manage.. and that’s not good.

There are some bugs with new TP that will get fixed and we’ll definitely be discussing other changes brought up. So please continue to give constructive feedback especially valuable when you explain how you would use something instead of how to fix it. (eg: I wish I knew if i’m undercutting myself, vs match my lowest needs to be a button.)

Thanks Guys and Gals

Yep, you said it yourself. Please re-add that button, the trading post became almost useless to me without it

And re-add the “sell maximum” while you’re at it .

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Also, I’ve found that the up/down arrows on the gold values to be very very difficult to click on max resolution. I think they should either be easier to interact with or, ideally, made bigger.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I haven’t tested the TP much yet. It might take sometimes to get used to. But one thing I really want is larger window size. The NTP size is probably the same as OTP, but NTP has the huge tab on left plus on top, taking up so much space. I really don’t think we need 1/4 of the width to show the bag icons. Same for the top bar. If those can be minimize into smaller icons, it will be great.

Also please make the window sizable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I think it’s important to point out that the main functions for a vast majority of players – clicking on an item in inventory to sell, or searching for an item to buy – are vastly, vastly improved.

On the flip side, the TP is much worse for power users now; if you are looking to manage your buy and sell orders you are going to be in for a rough time.

I said somewhere else that this TP is much more individualized, and this is what I meant; it works well for one item. It’s bad for lots of items.

To be clear about OP: this update did fix a lot of the problems the previous TP had. It just also added as many new ones. And I know not everyone feels the same way, I’m just pointing out that the complainers shouldn’t be disregarded just because every update has complainers – because not every update does; only the ones where there is something bad to complain about.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Running around this evening, whenever I wanted to sell something I found the experience on the TP was excellent – right click on the item, pull up the TP, and all the relevant buy and sell information is right there, on one screen, that I don’t have to leave to transact. It was excellent.

That’s actually the change that has bothered me the most so far. The main number that I’m concerned with (the listing value) is now small and pushed up into the corner. The sell buttons are shorter now, making them harder to click when I’m hastily trying to sell things. Having two “close window” buttons also threw me off, because most of the time I just clicked the close one, which just closed the pop-over and not the window.

These are all minor issues that I’m sure I can get used to, but they could be better.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I really like the new TP UI. I think it looks really slick and is much better organized than how it was before.

I understand what they’re saying about the “power users” having to adapt, but for a semi-casual TP users (I mostly used it to cash out gear collected during daily runs), I think the whole thing looks and flows much nicer now.

I’m giving a thumbs-up for the UI improvements, even though I’m VERY upset about the level-up changes.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

That’s actually the change that has bothered me the most so far. The main number that I’m concerned with (the listing value) is now small and pushed up into the corner. The sell buttons are shorter now, making them harder to click when I’m hastily trying to sell things. Having two “close window” buttons also threw me off, because most of the time I just clicked the close one, which just closed the pop-over and not the window.

These are all minor issues that I’m sure I can get used to, but they could be better.

+1 about tiny UI elements. Fortunately, I use my scroll wheel to change prices, but those little buttons are killing this for me.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

If you’d give us back “match my lowest sell price” and “sell max”, it would go a long way…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

This probably isn’t too constructive, but yeah, same… same here. I love what you guys did with the crafting UI, but not so much this TP UI.

I prefer quantity boxes that I fill in, rather than these up/down buttons. Maybe that’s constructive?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

My biggest grip is from the sell screen, not being able to see if I already have something listed, otherwise I don’t mind the new interface. The 100 item list is not bad for me as I typically manage between 60 and 120 items at any given time depending on how ambitious I am. I’d probably class myself as a medium level power user. Most of the functionality improvement I like. It would be nice it we had some way to opt out of the confirmation screen, but like I said, the biggest problem is not being able to see current buy offers from the buy screen…this is huge loss for regular sellers.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

tradepsot shows whats wrong with arneanet

people ask just for an simple armor filter for 2 years

but arenanet has to overhaul the complete thing and make it even worse

Everyone I know loves it after a day or so to learn it. From my perspective the question is “what is wrong with you?”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

the one thing i want back: sell max is the default option. i don’t mind that listing is default rather than direct selling, but it’s annoying that i have to, on top of selecting “sell immediately” for materials (which rarely cost significantly more to list), i have to use the slider. yes, it’s mousewheel sensitive, but it would be better if i didn’t need to use the mousewheel in the first place.

the one thing i’d love to have: being able to browse through the tabs (buy/sell/transaction history) without losing my search settings. say i’m looking for lv20 necromancer pants, then i want to go and see something on my sell tab. it would be really cool if when i went back to the buy tab, all the search filters were still there.

the nice thing that would be better while leveling: the match my level button is a nice idea, but needs tweaking. anyone using that button has absolutely no reason to buy an item that’s above their level. furthermore, 5 levels below is usually time to change gear. my suggestion is change “match my level” to match it to “from 3 levels below me to my current level”. so instead of a lv20 guy having to browse through all gear from lv15 to 25 to find lv20 items, he’d only have lv17-20 to worry about.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

“List this item” is the default. Why?

Major runes that I get back from salvaging. I want to sell them outright, and the fewer clicks to do that, the better. I hope that is constructive.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Badbonez.7540

Badbonez.7540

If you’d give us back “match my lowest sell price” and “sell max”, it would go a long way…

And one more line of data: Final sale value. (Sale Price – (listing fee + Transaction fee)).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Is there a refresh time on the transaction history? When monitoring it, I can see something sold because I have coins to pick up, but sometimes doesn’t immediately show up in history unless I close and reopen the TP.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

My biggest concern is the above problem.

And – following your advice – here goes my ‘constructive feedback’: Pls make those nasty display limits go away. Showing all orders/listings on one page would decrease responsiveness – I understand that. On the other hand 10 per page (the old version) isn’t good either. Something like 25 per page would be nice. And ofc I’d like to see all my listings/orders.

Alternative solution: give me my chosen legendaries plus 3k gold and I wont click on the TP tab ever again. And you dont have to fix a thing. Easier for all of us!))

enthusiastic noob

(edited by Nimrud.5642)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rinsam.1906

Rinsam.1906

All I wanted was 50 leather sections so I could make the new leatherworking backpiece. I placed an order for the leather, and it wasn’t delivered right away. So I fiddled with some stuff so I got my 50 leather sections, now it’s been over a day now since I’ve placed the order and I am still getting leather delivered to me.

Bring back the old TP please. As terrible as it was, this one is much worse.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

When will it display history in a more easy to view manner that doesn’t require as much clicking?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Linaeus.6253

Linaeus.6253

Partially the power users pain comes from exceeding some of the display limits added to make everything more responsive.

So you are saying you cut out 80% of information which was displayed to allow the TP to run faster, but the effectiveness players like myself have lost is 100% because there is not enough data for 99% of the items to get a good feel for the real price.

You know those math problems where they gave you a specific problem and at the end of it, one of the answers was, “Not enough information given to make an accurate answer.” That’s what you did to us with this change. If players want better performance in exchange for a lack of information they don’t use, that’s fine for them, but cutting out information for players who actually use it is beyond bullkitten. Being able to see the number of sellers at a price point and having a large pool of data was necessary to a very large portion of our trading and now we are going with gut feelings, which is very bad in long term trading and investing.

If there is anyway possible, make a way for players to click an option in the TP at the cost of performance to regain all of this information. I would rather have it load slow than not be able to use it to the degree I could previously.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pixelpumpkin.4608

First of all, THANK YOU ANET, for letting us know that this thread is having dev attention. I think it needs it

A while ago I listed TP things that I thought needed improving. Here’s the list:

Usability improvements / UI changes:

1. [remains unsolved] Remember whether I last sorted alphabetically or by price.
  2. [ok] Add an option to filter by armor weight.
  3. [ok] Fix the sorting in the categories.
  4. [ok] Add a category for back items.
  5. [remains unsolved] Add an option to show only unlocked/locked skins.
  6. [remains unsolved] Add an option to show only unlocked/locked recipes.
  7. [remains unsolved] Add an option to show only unlocked/locked dyes.
  8. [remains unsolved] Add an option to show only unlocked/locked minis.

Gem store:

Style section

1. [remains unsolved] In the style section, allow us to filter the armor by armor weight.
  2. [remains unsolved] Allow us to preview individual armor skins together with the rest of our outfit. (Right now, armor skins that are technically usable by all armor weights think that they are “heavy armor” so when I preview them with a character of medium or light armor class, they will always be naked in the preview. If I preview on a heavy armor class, they will always wear their armor.)
  3. [remains unsolved] Better yet, allow us to choose whether to preview the armor piece on our naked OR dressed character.
  4. [remains unsolved] For complete armor sets, allow us to preview specific pieces. Many of us buy armor sets to mix and match with our existing pieces and would appreciate if we could preview them and check for clipping, etc.
  5. [remains unsolved] Add dye channels to the preview, like the “normal” preview window has.
  6. [remains unsolved] Equally, the preview of weapon skins should have the same options as the normal preview, i.e. look at the weapon stowed, drawn, and on its own.
  7. [remains unsolved] It would be super awesome if we could zoom in to see detail.

Other

1. [ok] Add a preview for minis.
  2. [remains unsolved] Allow us to buy gems with as many USD/EUR as we want, not just increments of 10. Lower the minimum gem order to 5. (Allow micro-payments to be micro.)

Bugs:

1. [ok] When selecting “sell at TP” from the inventory, often the sell dialog won’t fully load until I select a different item. It then jumps back to the original item. This causes 3 times as many clicks as it should.
  2. [ok – although now it always takes additional clicks, which I’m not sure is an overall improvement] When selecting “sell at TP” from the inventory, it will display the “sell” page, but the tab selected on the left will be that of the “buy” page. So if I want to buy something after selling, I first have to select any other tab and then go back to the “buy” tab.
  3. [not sure] Sometimes the wrong item is sold (for the price of a different item). This also leads to unintended overpriced sell orders and keeps costing us money.
  4. [remains unsolved – but now the selling process is so slow that I hardly see it anymore. Again, not an overall improvement!] “Error attempting to sell”, should be removed altogether or at the very least get a more descriptive error message.
  5. [unsure] In the “buy” list view, something sometimes doesn’t fully load so you don’t get the item pop-ups on mouse-over.
  6. [remains unsolved] People should not be able to put in buy orders for a price below the minimum sell price (they can never be filled), and such existing buy orders should be removed.

As you can see, some of the issues were indeed solved. Others, sadly, remain. Some stuff got worse.

Continued in next post as I hit the max. body length…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Now here’s my reaction when using the new TP yesterday:

• To get to “sell” after opening the TP takes 1 more click than before, but I can live with that.
  • In the “Sell” view, I have to navigate to each inventory bag separately for some reason. I can’t collapse them into one. All my invisible bags show up, too, even though I can’t access their content.
  • When selling an item, I have to use a slider instead of “sell maximum”. (I also have to remember to set it to insta-sell first, or else do the slider twice.)
  • Each item is sold in a pop-up that I have to close after the transaction with yet another click, whereas before, I could just select the new item.
  • The “Sell popup” always defaults to listing an item instead of remembering my last choice, so if I want to sell instantly (which I do 99.9% of the time), I have to select that every single time too.
  • For buying in bulk (i.e. crafting materials), I now have to manually adjust the max price (which I never had to do before) before I can even input the number of items I wish to buy. This is also an annoying hold-up – why is that suddenly necessary?

This might not sound so much, but try selling all your post-fractal-run loot – those clicks add up!

To give you some context:

I am not a TP power-user. I don’t flip. I rarely paid attention to “net profit”. But I did use “add to my listing”.

I am a very active GW2 gamer though, and that means I sell lots of items and I want to sell them fast. I did use insta-sell A LOT. If you had added a “sell all green/blue/white items to highest bidder” single-click button, I’d be over the moon.

Selling a full inventory of items (as is the case after a dungeon or fractal run, or a normal evening on the boss train) takes forever now and frankly, it is driving me insane.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

When I try to sell a stack of something to buy orders, and the buy orders aren’t full stacks. I have to keep pressing the “sell to buy order” button, eventually I’ll get the error message saying that I’m selling too quickly and I get suppressed. It’s quite annoying.

Or is there another way to sell stacks of items quickly to buy orders and I’m doing it all wrong?

The most important missing feature that needs to be added back is “Match My Lowest Listing”. Losing that is a huge loss of functionality. The key piece of information we’re losing here is the ability to be able to list things where we already had them (convenience) and the ability to not undercut ourselves (since we don’t readily know now). Pretty much everything else about the new TP I love.

Oh, and it’s really annoying typing “I am Evon Gnashblade” to enable/disable that mode. It needs to be more convenient, maybe as a filtering option?

A thousand times this! I’ve undercut myself by accident because I didn’t see any message that showed me that I already had an item up and just assumed that I didn’t have one listed.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

(edited by Charming Rogue.8071)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

I will add an annoyance I was having when trying to use the TP.

I was using the search function to try to find specific items, and when the results were too broad I’d then add in filters, however adding filters clears the search box and I’d then have to retype the name of the item I was looking for.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaern.2538

Kaern.2538

I currently am so frustrated with the new TP. I sell hundreds of loot items after each play session. I am spending DOUBLE the click/drag time to sell, thereby you are HALVING my fun!

We need permanent Account Wide options.

ALWAYS max quantity
ALWAYS to highest Order first

Get rid of the OK button, it is 100% useless. It’s not like you can say CANCEL or “do” something about it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Washu.6935

Washu.6935

As an additional irritation:

On attempting to buy things:
1. If I select a rarity and/or set a level range I expect it to remember that between the different buyer sections (armor, weapons, etc.). Currently it resets every time you change sections.
2. Having the filter window as a pop-down is really annoying, I would much rather have it as a collapsible section like the delivery box. Have it collapse to the search box, and then instead of a gear have it expand out to a full on filter.
3. There’s quite a few wasted pixels between the different filter options, you don’t need a <hr/> between each filter option, if you eliminated those then the filter dropdown (or hopefully collapsible window eventually) will be significantly smaller.
4. The pop-down does not go away when I change section (i.e. go from Armor to Weapons), even though all of the filter options reset.
5. The sell window should show the result of the subtraction of the listing fee and the exchange fee to give me the total profit. This can be a small coinage display below the total price section.
6. The My Transactions window shows the price I sold it for. Not the amount I actually GOT (afaict). This needs to either have an additional column that’s listing/exchange fees, or an additional column that tells me the actual profits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Gem store:

Style section

1. [remains unsolved] In the style section, allow us to filter the armor by armor weight.
  2. [remains unsolved] Allow us to preview individual armor skins together with the rest of our outfit. (Right now, armor skins that are technically usable by all armor weights think that they are “heavy armor” so when I preview them with a character of medium or light armor class, they will always be naked in the preview. If I preview on a heavy armor class, they will always wear their armor.)
  3. [remains unsolved] Better yet, allow us to choose whether to preview the armor piece on our naked OR dressed character.
  4. [remains unsolved] For complete armor sets, allow us to preview specific pieces. Many of us buy armor sets to mix and match with our existing pieces and would appreciate if we could preview them and check for clipping, etc.
  5. [remains unsolved] Add dye channels to the preview, like the “normal” preview window has.
  6. [remains unsolved] Equally, the preview of weapon skins should have the same options as the normal preview, i.e. look at the weapon stowed, drawn, and on its own.
  7. [remains unsolved] It would be super awesome if we could zoom in to see detail.

I had a thought as I was reading this. Obviously items have item codes, and those are on the wiki so they aren’t verboten by ANet. While making all these revisions to the separate platform that is the TP/Gem Shop might be prohibitive, what about adding a button on the Style page that whispers the item codes to you? It’ll come out looking like the item names, same way as when people cut and paste codes from the wiki or Reddit, and you can preview them using the normal preview window with all its functions. Bonus: Whispers stay in chat on relog, so you can quickly view them on a number of alts in a row without having to revisit the interface.

edit: I mean it would whisper the code(s) of the currently viewed item or item sets only.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becky.8396

Becky.8396

After giving the new TP a test drive over the last couple days, I agree with most of the posters here that there are quite a few issues. Even though many of my points have already been noted, I use the TP a lot, so I wanted my voice to be heard.

I do like that it is less laggy and that we have a small listing of prices when selling items, but the bad outweighs the good. Here are some of the areas of concern for me:

1. The removal of lowest available listing is a big handicap when selling, and quite a time sink when I have to go through my listings to see what I have listed to avoid undercutting myself.
  2. Limited history when buying and selling leaves me a little blind, especially when considering if I want to cancel older listings.
  3. The item info pop-ups flipping into my field of view when I just want to buy random items to forge are annoying.
  4. Too many clicks to do basic stuff. If I’m going to suffer from repetitive motion strain, I want it to be from adventuring in game, not using the TP.
  5. The working portion of the TP window is a lot smaller and cramped. My eyes go a little buggy after a while.
  6. When buying stuff it doesn’t refresh the prices.
  7. When canceling listings it shoots you back up to the top rather than holding the place, which means more scrolling to get back down to where I was.
  8. Finally, a minor thing… I miss the front page of top valued, top traded, etc. It was always interesting to scan and was handy when buying stuff like ectos.

For all it’s lag and lack of armor weight searching, the old TP was much more functional for my purposes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You guys are complaining about the usability of the TP when I still have the launcher error and the bypass causes the TP (and BLS) to not ever load. If I leave it open, it crashes my client.

Cries silently, staring at the little red notification telling me to loot my items

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

After using it a little last night, I have to agree that having the Buying/Selling/Bought/Sold items all showing up in the same window is confusing (especially if I’m buying and selling numerous items that are all quite similar to each other). I’d rather they get separated out into their own tabs.

Being able to see a bigger list of the current highest buy offers and lowest sell offers would also be greatly appreciated. Currently it’s rather difficult to get a good idea of what supply velocity is like from just 3 on each side.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

things i want or need to be changed (sry for bad englsih)

Complete tradepost should be 30-40% bigger

1. Selling

• green success popup dont need OK/Closes Button – the popup should be self a button so when i click somewhere in the green it get closed (so i dont need to move my mouse to ok button – btw why ok and a close button to begin with? They do same)
  • Item icon at top is to big
  • start and end from quantity is to small – and you should add when i right click on start or end than it will be locked and maby get red or a locked icon or whatever
  • Min.Price – way to small (this one rly hurts the eyes)
  • make my lowest listing in Current sellers colored
  • everything other i like

2. Buying

• same as from selling for icon at top, Quantity and Max.Price

3. My Transactions

• it dont list all my transactions or everything im buying – thats horrible
  • best for this would be to show amount per item and when click on item i see all listings from this item
    example
    Listed:
  • Elderwood Log 25627
  • Thick Lether Section 34573457
  • Super thick Leather … 3463463
  • Rune of complaining 2434
  • Rune of of whatever 321
  • Pizza 234523
  • Eaten Pizza 234

and when i click on one i see all the items
(this would be the best you could do for tradepost)

4. Buying/Selling/Canceling

• when i have 5000 from something in my bag there should be a button for SELL ALL and the ui do this job and i dont need to click every 250s
    would be no problem to add something like the Crafting Que with a timer per sell so it dont hit this intern error thing
    (and i bet it would be for everyoen ok when i get asked after i press Sell all “this will need 10 minutes – wanna start yes or no?”)
  • this SELL ALL button could apper when hold ALT in sell window

5. Filter

• i like search works a bit with tooltips – like “Locked” or “skins unlocked”
  • this should be for other items too like buff food – would rly nice to can click on buff food and than write in search “power” or “karma” and it show me all foods with this in toolip

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

~snipped for length~

Thanks Guys and Gals

Yep, you said it yourself. Please re-add that button, the trading post became almost useless to me without it

And re-add the “sell maximum” while you’re at it .

This needs to happen. Like, ASAP.

the one thing i want back: sell max is the default option. i don’t mind that listing is default rather than direct selling, but it’s annoying that i have to, on top of selecting “sell immediately” for materials (which rarely cost significantly more to list), i have to use the slider. yes, it’s mousewheel sensitive, but it would be better if i didn’t need to use the mousewheel in the first place.

the one thing i’d love to have: being able to browse through the tabs (buy/sell/transaction history) without losing my search settings. say i’m looking for lv20 necromancer pants, then i want to go and see something on my sell tab. it would be really cool if when i went back to the buy tab, all the search filters were still there.

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!

Sorry, I got excited.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Glad this topic got a red post, letting me keep a little spark of hope for the TP.

[…]
The primary pain as Ensign mentioned is the power users. […]

Unfortunatly things got worse for everyone selling on the TP, not just power users.

Let me give an example: after a fractal run one usually ends up with quite a lot T5/6 mats and may be some profitable blue’s and green’s and major runes. So what I did til 09/09 (and looking at the recent feedback a lot of other players aswell) was:
- open inventory
- right click on an item I knew I can net some money with on the TP (e.g. 7 T5 blood) and select “Sell on TP”
- checking if estimated profit is to my liking
- clicking on “Sell instant”
- select next profitable item (I really liked the way your inventory was shown in the old TP)
- rinse and repeat until everything is sold

Let’s compare it to what it is like now:
- open inventory
- right click on an item I knew I can net some money with on the TP (e.g. 7 T5 blood) and select “Sell on TP”
So far- nothing changed. But now the fun begins:
- change from the buy panel to the sell panel by clicking on the small square next to the highest bidder
- drag the quantity bar to the far right to sell all 7 T5 blood, hoping the highest bidder is actually bidding for 7 or more units
- only seeing the actual price and what fees and taxes will be charged but not how much gold I will actually get, forcing me to do the maths manually
- click the sell button
- being forced to click the green “Succes!” Window
- sigh deeply
- select the next item (from the now terribad inventory display in the TP; using the “I am Evon Gnashblade” command does help, but it’s yet just the other extreme)
- rinse and repeat

So as far as I’m concerned (and I’m by no means a “power user” or “TP flipper”) the new way of selling is much less comfortable and takes longer than before.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.