Upgrade Extractor shouldn't be in the store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TKIB.9061

TKIB.9061

i will just add that 250 gold in gw1 is equal to 2Po50 in gw2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

20g is too much. You would be able to buy the sigil/rune u are replacing along with serveral more for the price of that one extractor.

The extractor makes no sense…. one would rather replace the sigil for at most 5g (extreme) then pull out a soulbounded one for 20g.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Greed is pushing Anet developers away from the understanding of the very game they created.

This will fail to generate money for PlayNC.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Indeed. 250 gold in GW1 was like 15 silver in GW2. Now it costs 25g (167x as much as in GW1) for a single use.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

If it’s such a terrible deal, no-one will buy it and it will be changed or removed. I know I don’t have much interest in it.

I think ANet made a slight tactical error naming the MMO GW2. It’s not a sequel but a completely different game, and comparing the costs of items to the cost in GW1 is sort of a red herring.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They don’t price a Gem Store item in relation to the gem exchange rate, only the cash value.

However taking the gold cost for those gems is a valid argument why it’s pointless to use such an item to save a pricey but still not as expensive as the extractor. Of course if you have plenty of disposable income, which is what the market is aiming at, then it may be worthwhile.

Remember, a lot of the “helpful” items at the shop is for those players who don’t have the time to play as much as the “hard core”. Therefore items like the extractor or selling gems for gold is there.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I was the one, or one of those, who suggested such tool, albeit not for such a high price.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Gem-Store-Upgrade-Removal-Kit/first#post2340343
While the price I suggested might have been perhaps too low, the current seems way too off compared to black lion salvage kits, or runes and most exotics.
Imho not really worth the amount, unless you want to remove an upgrade from legendary or ascended… but that too is questionable.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Remember, a lot of the “helpful” items at the shop is for those players who don’t have the time to play as much as the “hard core”. Therefore items like the extractor or selling gems for gold is there.

Exactly… imagine you have a well-paying job IRL but only get a few hours on the weekends to play. So you have a lot of cash to spend but not much gold in the game. Would you rather spend all weekend grinding gold to buy a new item, buy gems then convert them to gold to buy a new item, or buy this and recover your old upgrade? It trades time for money, which is part of the purpose of the cash shop in the first place.

Not saying that the price is perfect, but if it’s too expensive for you then it’s probably not intended for you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

If it’s such a terrible deal, no-one will buy it and it will be changed or removed. I know I don’t have much interest in it.

I think ANet made a slight tactical error naming the MMO GW2. It’s not a sequel but a completely different game, and comparing the costs of items to the cost in GW1 is sort of a red herring.

The game is from the same developers and publisher, so even if it wouldnt have the same name I would compare them, since the items do exactly the same.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Czar.3809

Czar.3809

And, yet, ArenaNet employs an economist to maintain the GW2 Market and TP, prevent inflation, and control gem/gold ratios. How much of that job was utilized in creating this item, I don’t know, but I would assume none unless I am to infer that it was just a poorly conceived job at all.

They won’t remove the item (unless they do one of those ONLY FOR A LIMITED TIME deals), because they would want to save face.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

As of 12/17 the current gem exchange is:
250gems = 13g 31s.

Currently the most expensive Rune/Sigil one can buy is Superior Rune of Divinity.
Current buy now price is 10g 87s.

Even if u went the lazy route traded gems to gold, it still doesnt make any sense at all.

The item was not priced correctly in trend of actual value.
Id be suprised if anyone would actually buy it, as trading the gems for gold direct and rebuying the sigil to replace it would be a more viable route while still netting you an extra 3g if were talking about divinity.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

250g in GW1=2.5 plat. in otherwords, you could kill a couple enemies in a highend zone, sell of trash, and you could buy 5+.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JosieMach.3052

JosieMach.3052

It also seems to work on those fractal infusions. Its expensive but i think its for people who want the high infusions out of their rings etc.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I expect BL chests will also drop them. not that anyone should expect them out of those, just saying that some people will get ‘free’ ones

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

250g in GW1=2.5 plat. in otherwords, you could kill a couple enemies in a highend zone, sell of trash, and you could buy 5+.

actually it was 0.25 plat. 1000 gold = 1 plat in GW1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pandemoniac.4739

The game is from the same developers and publisher, so even if it wouldnt have the same name I would compare them, since the items do exactly the same.

So you would also compare all the Sony Online games to each other? I think trying to compare Everquest to Everquest II would be a stretch, but you think you can compare the cost of items in DCUO to say Pirates of the Burning Sea in a rational way?

There are a lot of things that are similar between GW1 and GW2 but the economies are completely different. What’s the GW2 equivalent of “wood plank”? Is it ancient, elder, green, soft, or seasoned? Are you taking into account that in GW2 you can harvest wood from well known locations, although you have to refine it to make it into planks? It’s apples and oranges.

I don’t see how you can compare the value of anything between the two games when there is a completely different market in each – different items, different drop rates, different mechanisms for making money, different gold sinks, etc.

—Paul Williams

in Black Lion Trading Co

TKIB.9061

We can compare an item which have the same purpose in both game, one you can get from a recipe and a few gold, the other for a fair amount of money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pandemoniac.4739

The item was not priced correctly in trend of actual value.
Id be suprised if anyone would actually buy it, as trading the gems for gold direct and rebuying the sigil to replace it would be a more viable route while still netting you an extra 3g if were talking about divinity.

Unless of course they priced in in dollars/euros instead of gold. $3 has a fairly stable value for me – I can get my favorite fancy coffee drink at Starbucks for around that and I’m not anticipating any huge changes in my income that would alter my perception of what constitutes $3 worth of value (I really hope I’m not tempting fate here, lol).

Who knows what the exchange rate or the prices of superior runes is going to do in the future. I don’t think it’s feasible to price the items in the Gem store based on what the going rate on the gold market is for particular items because it’s too volatile. You have to price them based on what you think folks will spend $3 on.

—Paul Williams

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Exactly… imagine you have a well-paying job IRL but only get a few hours on the weekends to play. So you have a lot of cash to spend but not much gold in the game. Would you rather spend all weekend grinding gold to buy a new item, buy gems then convert them to gold to buy a new item, or buy this and recover your old upgrade? It trades time for money, which is part of the purpose of the cash shop in the first place.

Not saying that the price is perfect, but if it’s too expensive for you then it’s probably not intended for you.

Not “exactly”, unless you were being sarcastic.

I’m one of those people who would rather spend cash than waste time farming gold in the game. Let’s compare. You don’t want to waste the rune/sigil already on the item, so you:

1) Buy gems, convert to gold, then either retain that gold value or use it to re-buy the lost rune/sigil to place on a different item.

2) Buy gems, purchase Upgrade Extractor from store, then use the Extractor to extract the rune/sigil to place on a different item.

If you’re simply trying to retain your networth in the game, choice #1 is far easier/quicker than choice #2. If you’re trying to re-use the rune/sigil, neither is clearly easier/quicker than the other, yet choice #1 would almost always get you the rune/sigil AND leave you with extra gold value to use on something else, which in itself would save you time or money. That is the point people are trying to make. Right now, the only times the Upgrade Extractor would be used would be 1) for items that cannot be bought with gold, and 2) by people who lack rudimentary math skills.

That said, I’m not arguing for the price to be changed; I don’t care if it stays the same. It’s just another item I won’t feel the need to buy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

JosieMach has the answer. The Extractor is there purely for people to pull off their expensive (+8 and higher) infusions. Anything else (runes/sigils/jewels) is simply not worth it.

So in that respect, it’s working as intended. It’s just that sales of this item will be incredibly low.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You’re ignoring the fact the item is also kept intact. After all right now you can use a BLSK to recover the sigil/rune at the loss of the item. That’s only 12 gems (per salvage) if you don’t have a pile of them like everyone I know. Plus it recovers infusions if that’s what you want to save.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

The only time I see this being used is recovering +8 AR infusions or higher from rings/back pieces.

in Black Lion Trading Co

TKIB.9061

So that clearly say: “you wanna do fractal HL? ok but you have to pay $ to play it…”
If this item is not for profit and target a minority of people, those who had their lvl 30+ reset by the way, why put it in the GS and not in the game via a recipe at the mystic forge, which is the most useless thing in the game…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Step 1:
introduce vertical progression for agony resistance
Step 2:
introduce extractor
Step 3:
make it Worth …..

Step 3 has still to be implemented…
They will also need to lower the difficulty by a lot to make fotm 50+ available to a wider audience….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

actually it was 0.25 plat. 1000 gold = 1 plat in GW1

I don’t really think we can do a direct exchange rate like that to be honest.

1000 gold in GW1 is MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH easier to get than even 10g in GW2.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I thought the gems store was to get convenience items and cosmetic items. But this is a whole different mechanic that you can’t find anywhere else.

Then again transmutation stones are essentially the same.

The only place where this is viable is fractals agony resistance.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The sad thing about this extractor is that it is filling a need that shouldn’t have ever existed. The ONLY reason we need an extractor at all is because Anet wanted another gem store item. In any sane game design you would just add a +6 infusion to an already present +6 infusion and it would become a +7 infusion. They invented this horribly convoluted crafting/extracting/doubling procedure for the sole purpose of a new gem store item.

This is one of the best examples of how the gem store is hurting the game. In a sub game you would just add the infusions together and they would upgrade, now if you want to improve your gear you literally have to spend $3 every time you want an upgrade…

The entire premise of this item is to force bad game design in order to sell more gem store items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dilip Geoffrey.6307

Dilip Geoffrey.6307

I was so happy that “Upgrade Extractor” was introduced like the “Perfect Salvage Kit” from GW1. But 250 Gems! makes me unintrested since its very expensive for single use… I would have considerd if its a 25 uesage. This makes my sad that i have to skip buying it, rather i buy sigil or rune or Ar and just apply it… rather buying with 20 gold i would only spend 2-3g for an expensive rune or sigl. Hope Anet will change the One use to 25 useage. we all would appriciate if this happens.. Thank you

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

But since you can trade 250 gems for about 13 gold, the only group this item is targeting is people with disposable income who also happen to be stupid (or have sigils of generosity). The prices for new items are getting more and more mind boggling.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)