farming cursed shore pen/shelter 6g p/h

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jiro.6589

Jiro.6589

After reading here multiple times how tough it is to get gold through farming and how it is absolutely necessary to use the tradepost if you were to ever acquire enough gold to buy a precursor, i decided to just take some of my time and note down how much gold i make from farming in cursed shore.
Below you find the results of 3 hours of gameplay i did, there was a 5 minutes pause between each hour to tally up the results. Diminishing Returns were never experienced. I play on Desolation, a heavy populated server, medium pop would be best for farming.

The character: thief/shortbow 138%magicfind+10%guildbuff+10%banner during hour #2/3
location: shelter’s camp / penitent camp ( jofast’s camp and plinx when previous 2 are not active)

hour #1 = 6g 7s (12g 17s including exo)
(broken down)
coin 7silver—-> 1g 38s = 1g 31s
tier 6 mats 1 blood 1 dust 1 fang 56s after taxes
tier 5 mats 4blood 5fang 5scale 8venomsac 1totem 3claw 8 dust 3bone= 50s after tax
heavy moldy bags = 83 = 2g40s after taxes
unidentified dyes = 3 = 50s after taxes
rares = 2 = 62s after taxes
salvagebles = 15s
9 mithril ore mined=3 silver
exotics = 1 the ugly stick 6g 10s after taxes

hour #2 = 6g 48 total (7g 88s including exo)
(broken down)
coin 6silver—-> 1g40s = 1g34s
tier 6 mats 2venomsac 1fang 1claw = 50s after taxes
tier 5 mats 2blood 6fang 5scale 4venomsac 3totem 8claw 6dust 6bone = 64s after tax
heavy moldy bags = 63 = 1g 76s after taxes
unidentified dyes = 0
salvagebles = 12s
mithril ore mined= 6= 2s
rares = 6 = 2g10s after taxes
exotics = rampager’s short bow of accuracy 1g40s after taxes

hour #3 = 6g 4s
(broken down)
coin 6silver—-> 1g 22s = 1g 16s
tier 6 mats 4venomsac 3dust 2totem = 1g 11s
tier 5 mats 6blood 4fang 4scale 4venomsac 7totem 3claw 12dust 2bone = 60s
heavy moldy bags = 64 = 1g 79s
unidentified dyes = 1 = 17s
salvagebles = 11s
mithril ore mined = 12= 3s
rares = 3 = 1g 7s
exotics = 0

tldr; you make 6 gold per hour if you know what you’re doing, claims of 3/4g max per hour are false.

Tips:
1.thief/warrior/elementalist are best for farming due to their strong aoe with low cd’s
2.cooldown on shelter= 12/14 minutes, cooldown on penitent=16/18 minutes, you can do other stuff while waiting (tradepost/farm sparks/collect ori ore)
3.always join a party, more %damage done to the mob results in better loot
4.make your own guild so you can always have the 10%magicfind guildbuff up

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I have never even seen the 4G returns.. more like 1.5-2G per hour on a good day.

You guys must be extremely lucky and must not have your accounts flagged to drop crop.

If you want to count porous bones drops, I think I might be in the running for the lead on that one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

After reading here multiple times how tough it is to get gold through farming and how it is absolutely necessary to use the tradepost if you were to ever acquire enough gold to buy a precursor, i decided to just take some of my time and note down how much gold i make from farming in cursed shore.
Below you find the results of 3 hours of gameplay i did, there was a 5 minutes pause between each hour to tally up the results. Diminishing Returns were never experienced. I play on Desolation, a heavy populated server, medium pop would be best for farming.

The character: thief/shortbow 138%magicfind+10%guildbuff+10%banner during hour #2/3
location: shelter’s camp / penitent camp ( jofast’s camp and plinx when previous 2 are not active)

hour #1 = 6g 7s (12g 17s including exo)
(broken down)
coin 7silver—-> 1g 38s = 1g 31s
tier 6 mats 1 blood 1 dust 1 fang 56s after taxes
tier 5 mats 4blood 5fang 5scale 8venomsac 1totem 3claw 8 dust 3bone= 50s after tax
heavy moldy bags = 83 = 2g40s after taxes
unidentified dyes = 3 = 50s after taxes
rares = 2 = 62s after taxes
salvagebles = 15s
9 mithril ore mined=3 silver
exotics = 1 the ugly stick 6g 10s after taxes

hour #2 = 6g 48 total (7g 88s including exo)
(broken down)
coin 6silver—-> 1g40s = 1g34s
tier 6 mats 2venomsac 1fang 1claw = 50s after taxes
tier 5 mats 2blood 6fang 5scale 4venomsac 3totem 8claw 6dust 6bone = 64s after tax
heavy moldy bags = 63 = 1g 76s after taxes
unidentified dyes = 0
salvagebles = 12s
mithril ore mined= 6= 2s
rares = 6 = 2g10s after taxes
exotics = rampager’s short bow of accuracy 1g40s after taxes

hour #3 = 6g 4s
(broken down)
coin 6silver—-> 1g 22s = 1g 16s
tier 6 mats 4venomsac 3dust 2totem = 1g 11s
tier 5 mats 6blood 4fang 4scale 4venomsac 7totem 3claw 12dust 2bone = 60s
heavy moldy bags = 64 = 1g 79s
unidentified dyes = 1 = 17s
salvagebles = 11s
mithril ore mined = 12= 3s
rares = 3 = 1g 7s
exotics = 0

tldr; you make 6 gold per hour if you know what you’re doing, claims of 3/4g max per hour are false.

Tips:
1.thief/warrior/elementalist are best for farming due to their strong aoe with low cd’s
2.cooldown on shelter= 12/14 minutes, cooldown on penitent=16/18 minutes, you can do other stuff while waiting (tradepost/farm sparks/collect ori ore)
3.always join a party, more %damage done to the mob results in better loot
4.make your own guild so you can always have the 10%magicfind guildbuff up

No one claims that 3/4g is the max, though I’am averaging 4g/h since the January update.

If you want to get technical, you can make 500g/h just by lucky precursor drops…3 hours is not long enough to get an appropriate rate – you need a larger sample size considering the huge variability in event timers, players killing waves before you can get to them, and drop rates.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Not everyone has the same drops. While you may average 4 rares, 1 dye, and 5 t6 mats a hour, others average 30 porous bones, 0 rares 1 t6, and 0 dyes.

Good for you that you’re not one of those who are effected by what seems like permanent DR.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Just so everyone here knows, you make most of your money off moldy bags, which is not influenced by DR.

Any rares/exotics you get is a bonus. So you can just ignore DR.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

others average 30 porous bones, 0 rares 1 t6, and 0 dyes.

So true for me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jiro.6589

note that i don’t count exotics, those don’t drop often enough to include, i just see them as a occasional bonus that would boost the average up even more.
And while it may just be 3 hours, results are consistent for me and im on a overcrowded server. if you can’t make atleast 5g per hour you’re doing something wrong(no offense meant). i mean i was taking a long biobreak during hour #2 and made myself food…not like i was making the most of it.

This post was just meant to show people farming is not as bad as some make it out to be.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Some players would get an ancient kittenather than a powerful blood, and at these blood prices that’s a huge difference.

Or some players will get lucky and get 3 rares in one event

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

You are very lucky and honestly I doubt many could claim to make that much from those. I usually get no rares and am lucky to get over 1 gold from this in an hour. I have never gotten an exotic. And yes I am usually in a full party which is suppose to make you rich.. I do get more but not near 6g. You had a lucky day is all I see here.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

give me your voodoo powers over DR. i need your precious powers now! quaggan will give you 1/4 his drops if you give quaggan your voodoo powers!

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

You are very lucky and honestly I doubt many could claim to make that much from those. I usually get no rares and am lucky to get over 1 gold from this in an hour. I have never gotten an exotic. And yes I am usually in a full party which is suppose to make you rich.. I do get more but not near 6g. You had a lucky day is all I see here.

The majority of players in Orr do not farm correctly or efficiently

The best ways to be efficient in your farming:
-do not waste time on veterans unless there are no other waves present
-always make sure you and your party are in the same area hitting the same mobs
-keep your character moving around a wave so that your attacks keep hitting different mobs
-If there is another wave spawning while you are currently clear one wave, you do not need to wait around to kill it. You can let others kill that first wave and you move to the second
-Fight mobs near the camp so you can easily switch sides. Do not camp the mobs at their spawns (i.e. the risen mobs at the bottom of the stairs or the risen spiders at the bottom of the stairs)

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

Yeah I do all that.. guess I am just unlucky.. seriously my drops are mostly bones and some salvage items, next highest is blues and moldy bags with the occasional green and mats. Rares I have gotten maybe 6 total out of all the times I have been out there and no exotics. I just stopped going was not fun or worth my time. I went because of posts like this that made it sound like a gold mine… it is not that way for everyone. I tried for maybe 2 months and just decided it was not for me. Maybe if I made 6 g when I was there I would think differently.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Yeah I do all that.. guess I am just unlucky.. seriously my drops are mostly bones and some salvage items, next highest is blues and moldy bags with the occasional green and mats. Rares I have gotten maybe 6 total out of all the times I have been out there and no exotics. I just stopped going was not fun or worth my time. I went because of posts like this that made it sound like a gold mine… it is not that way for everyone. I tried for maybe 2 months and just decided it was not for me. Maybe if I made 6 g when I was there I would think differently.

As I mentioned earlier, rares/exotics are not where you get your money from. Any you get are a bonus. You get most of your money selling the t5/t6 you get, plus the moldy bag contents which are not hit by DR. So don’t get discouraged when you are on a dry spell of rare drops.

I should also note that perhaps you need to find a better class that is superior to tagging – guardian (assuming you aren’t one)

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

I have gone on a ranger, engi, and mesmer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jiro.6589

well hang on to your ancient bones, those are becoming quite rare, dón’t know how much stock people are sitting on but they are now dropping at only a fraction of the frequency they used to, thanks to 28th jan patch.
And i have to agree with almost everything vol wrote.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

well hang on to your ancient bones, those are becoming quite rare, dón’t know how much stock people are sitting on but they are now dropping at only a fraction of the frequency they used to, thanks to 28th jan patch.
And i have to agree with almost everything vol wrote.

Yeah I just spent about 80g buying up ancient bones at roughly 5.5s

The market for t6 is puzzling at the moment. You’d think powerful bloods would go down but they just keep rising…and I expected bots to come back by now but I don’t see any.

The strange thing is that I don’t notice the risen dropping bones at a higher rate. However, the risen spiders keep dropping more sacs than usual.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jiro.6589

i bought tons of powerful bloods, think those will hit 35s+ this weekend, funny to see ecto’s have broken through 40s finally too.
I’ve seen some bots in lowlevel zones, mostly rangers with bears in the water, not encountered alot of them in the highlevel zones yet. Maybe a.net is keeping them out somehow.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

I can confirm you can make 6g/hour. But i farm with 173% MF without buffs. With the food and banners i got more than 200%. Although – got only 2 kitteni exotics for 20+ hours farming.
I cant farm more than 2 hours a day. Usually after the 1st hour i become really bored. I find it more entertainment to wipe 3-4 hours in arah with PUGs than to farm back and forward penti-shelter.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I’ve tried this on my server and, as others have mentioned, was sorely disappointed to discover it’s not a goldmine. However, I also rarely have lootable corpses. There are so many people and so much lag that getting hits before everything is dead is a challenge in itself. Every time I go out there I get frustrated and quit because obviously no hits = no loot = waste of time. I’d give it another attempt if anyone can suggest a server where I could guest that maybe doesn’t have a minimum of ~30 people farming those events.

Edit: Should have stipulated US server, sorry.

(edited by Lane.3410)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

fow is pretty barren in cursed shore, come on oveer here and ill help ya do the events together

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’m on one of the lower population servers, Ferg’s Cross, and there is still usually a bunch of people farming this area. Good luck trying to find a server that doesn’t have a bunch.

I play an engineer, so I am pretty good at being able to tag a lot of the mobs. I still can’t average anywhere near where some of these guys are. But this place is a good steady source of T6 materials.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: garraeth.3267

garraeth.3267

The majority of players in Orr do not farm correctly or efficiently

The best ways to be efficient in your farming:
-do not waste time on veterans unless there are no other waves present
-always make sure you and your party are in the same area hitting the same mobs
-keep your character moving around a wave so that your attacks keep hitting different mobs
-If there is another wave spawning while you are currently clear one wave, you do not need to wait around to kill it. You can let others kill that first wave and you move to the second
-Fight mobs near the camp so you can easily switch sides. Do not camp the mobs at their spawns (i.e. the risen mobs at the bottom of the stairs or the risen spiders at the bottom of the stairs)

Vol totally knows his/her stuff.

Some more:

—“guest” on servers with lower populations so mobs aren’t culled or melting before you can damage them enough to get credit (ie. get off JQ)
—Shelter is better so if that pops go there
—Jofast is only ok if you’ve got nothing else to do, if Shelter pops, leave Jofast
—Plinx is only good for karma
—if you want to go elsewhere (another zone, offline, another event), be polite/kind and drop group
Do not camp the mobs like Vol said — oh this so much — it ruins your loot and everyone else’s too.
—If you’re invited to a party, join up. There’s a reason for party invites.
—you’ve got to spec for PVE farming. This includes CC breakers and speed buffs (so you can move to each group of mobs asap). And as much aoe as you can get. And generally a mixed build (this is for melee, mostly) so you can survive as the first person into a group of newly spawned mobs – but also so you’re doing enough damage to get kill credit. Don’t include any group buffs/heals in your build (sry, but ya, this is farming, not dungeons or wvw – group buffs/heals take up important slots that could be used for CC breaking/speed/etc).
—don’t put banners down. Don’t put ele weapons down. And unless you’re trolling, don’t put engineer mortars down in the middle of spawn points. >.<
—you have to keep hitting “f” because loot will despawn (!!! fairly fast too)…hence farmers hatred of banners/ele weapons/mortars/dead anything/environmental weapons/etc
—if you die to chickens no one will hear you scream

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I’m on one of the lower population servers, Ferg’s Cross, and there is still usually a bunch of people farming this area. Good luck trying to find a server that doesn’t have a bunch.

I play an engineer, so I am pretty good at being able to tag a lot of the mobs. I still can’t average anywhere near where some of these guys are. But this place is a good steady source of T6 materials.

If you use guesting there’s quite a few servers that aren’t crowded at pen/shelt even during prime time.

Try some of the ones listed as lower pop on the list.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

No one claims that 3/4g is the max, though I’am averaging 4g/h since the January update.

While I haven’t seen anyone claim it’s the max, I have seen it tossed out as a reasonable figure quite a bit (and have done that myself). Frequently when used as examples, several people immediately claim it’s absolutely impossible to get even 4g/hr doing it. They’re wrong, but they claim it all the time anyway.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’m fine with FC. But it IS supposed to be one of the lower pop servers. I haven’t seen the crowds on servers like JQ or TC, but there are still quite a few people farming on FC. Just a FYI for anyone looking to guest elsewhere.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

I wish more people would do this. It’s hard to follow this advice when everyone around you prefers to sit at one of the two or three spawn points.

Waiting at the center has another advantage too— more NPC guards tend to die, making it easier for everyone to get daily healer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

Fighting mobs at the camp is good for shelter, but there’s not really much (if any) advantage in it for pent. At least for my ele, the only spot I can even theoretically miss tagging mobs is when the chicken group comes at the same time as the vet group. Of course, I’m probably making a world of problems for the melee classes trying to tag mobs…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Destroyer.1306

Destroyer.1306

Anyone try rolling through guest servers to have longer uptime on Penitent / Shelter? Seems like it might be useful if they’ve both just despawned.

Stinky Garbage, Engineer. Meatbag, Guardian. Dum Dums, Elementalist.

in Black Lion Trading Co

garraeth.3267

Fighting mobs at the camp is good for shelter

If you’re having to camp spawn points, it means you’re on a bad server or your server is too full. Camping at Shelter is horrible.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: maxie.9620

maxie.9620

Just gotta say that I am still seeing bots. They log off right next to gathering spots and log in, harvest, then log off again with only a few seconds for you to be able to get their names before they disappear again.

But since we’re not privy to whether or not people we report actually do receive bans I am boycotting reporting any of them until Anet does the right thing by us and informs us of how many scalps we’re responsible for. Nothing is more frustrating than reporting the same prick ten times and never knowing if the kitten actually got caught or just moved areas.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Just gotta say that I am still seeing bots. They log off right next to gathering spots and log in, harvest, then log off again with only a few seconds for you to be able to get their names before they disappear again.

How do you know they’re bots? I’ve logged alts out at gathering areas before and only log in long enough to harvest before going back to my regular play. I wonder how many times someone’s reported me. :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flysofar.3182

Flysofar.3182

if cursed shore is farming that great so now tier 6 mat is overprice

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

I’d actually like to thank you for letting me know about this spot, I made around 3g in 20-25mins, got some dyes and a couple of rares.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

I have that stupid DR on all my level 80’s, I do not even come close to your results. My DR is the result of farming there!

For the life of me, I don’t understand why people insist on camping the mobs, I would love it if just once everyone would stay in the middle and let the mobs come to them, it would be much better for everyone!

(edited by Miss Pink Floyd.9730)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cauldron.1653

Cauldron.1653

Would be interested to know from those saying they can’t shake account wide DR:
are you guys playing on other toons in between or just on one character?

To the OP: first off, thanks for reporting your findings.
Secondly, are you playing on multiple characters? – not just for farming but generally…

Just trying to find out if playing multiple characters influences drop rates via DR.

“Your subterfuge of incognizance will erode under my fulgent dupery”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

If you’re having to camp spawn points, it means you’re on a bad server or your server is too full. Camping at Shelter is horrible.

Fighting at the camp is the exact opposite of fighting at the spawn points. Glad you could come in for your little one liner attack based on not reading though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

I’d like to know from people complaining about “DR” on pent/shelt how much experience they gain per event. I used them to get my mesmer from 78 to 80 thinking it would be quick and easy but my undergeared 78 mesmer could only end up tagging maybe 5-10 mobs an entire event so the xp was nearly non-existent while my ele has a few hundred excess skill points (after being the main source of skill points for getting my mystic clovers).

in Black Lion Trading Co

garraeth.3267

Fighting at the camp is the exact opposite of fighting at the spawn points. Glad you could come in for your little one liner attack based on not reading though.

Sorry my bad. I’m used to “camping” meaning sitting at the spawn points. Not used to “at the camp”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jiro.6589

Would be interested to know from those saying they can’t shake account wide DR:
are you guys playing on other toons in between or just on one character?

To the OP: first off, thanks for reporting your findings.
Secondly, are you playing on multiple characters? – not just for farming but generally…

Just trying to find out if playing multiple characters influences drop rates via DR.

i have 5 level 80 characters (mesmer, ranger, elementalist, warrior, thief)
i farm with the warrior, elementalist and thief, all 3 have 120-160magicfind.
Funny thing is sometimes i use the dps gear on my warrior (looks cool) and drops turn to crap when doing that, alot more grey /blue and barely greens. So i’m quite confident to get good returns @ shelter/penitent you will have to equip magicfind gear.
To answer the question; i do not experience any dr on any character…i can go 10 hours on my thief without drops changing, yes i do get streaks of grey items, but 2 minutes later it’s back to normal
I know what DR is like, i remember in octobre/november when they nerfed loot and it was still possible to run steeltide, i did have DR back then but that was reversed within a week or 2 if i remember correctly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

Just like to repeat the note that the vast majority of profit from pent/shelt comes from blues and whites. In Jiro’s examples (discounting exotics as Jiro did not include those in the 6g/hr), roughly half of the earnings came from either coin/vendor trash loot or heavy moldy bags. Another 20% or so came from fine crafting materials. Only about 20% came from rares. Salvage materials (white), unid dye (white), and rounding error accounted for the remaining 10%. Those 3 hours ended up netting 3.25g/hr in moldy bags and trash alone.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cauldron.1653

Cauldron.1653

Thanks for the replies… sounds reasonable.

Now, does anyone know if there is a threshold MF value that you need to reach at minimum to be effective?

Did some research via Google, and it seems to me consensus is “go for 100% … anything more not sure if worth it”

“Your subterfuge of incognizance will erode under my fulgent dupery”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

Thanks for the replies… sounds reasonable.

Now, does anyone know if there is a threshold MF value that you need to reach at minimum to be effective?

Did some research via Google, and it seems to me consensus is “go for 100% … anything more not sure if worth it”

The most effective amount of MF for a certain setup really depends upon a lot of factors, more than could be stated by a simple “X% is what you want.” For something like pent/shelt where it doesn’t make much difference how much damage you personally are doing, I’d suspect the more MF the better. As long as you do enough damage to tag the mobs, you’re likely better off with more MF. You really don’t need any MF to be effective, but without any you’re likely going to be making significantly less per hour. Essentially, I’d say get as much MF as you can reasonably afford. If you’re farming something like this extensively, you’ll make that money back fairly quickly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Well, even with quite low MF I suppose I could get around 4-5g per hour at those 2 DEs + Jofast. That is if I TPed/NPC every bit of drop I get. For now, I am stacking some T6 mats I still need for gifts, salvage rares for ectos and so on. Even then my Thief gets average 3g p/h. Still not bad. Tho sometimes I get absolutely nothing if, for some reason, I am too slow and miss the mob waves.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rovus.5428

Rovus.5428

I decided to farm the air eles for the first time in Orr to see what that would yield me.

I got 2 lodestones within the first 40 minutes, listed them for about 3g each and went to bed because it was getting late. I was quite suprised, as the only thing even close to that used to be 2g per hour.

“Subtus pennas meas, pinnas meas interitum”

Alatum Interitum

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clifford.4913

Clifford.4913

Agreed. I have been farming in Orr pretty often since the patch and find that this is a major issue for my server, Crystal Desert, as it probably is for many others. Far too many selfish players camp at the spawn points particularly at Shelter, not realising that in doing so they make farming much less efficient for themselves and for everyone else. Even tried asking on map chat to get them closer but to no avail.

Other than that, I agree that making gold in Orr is good for at least 3-4 g/hr. Rares drop at a rate of at least 3-4/hr so that’s 1.5g already although I usually see/hear people getting more. Add say 50 bags and you have your 3g not counting the rest.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clifford.4913

Clifford.4913

I’d like to know from people complaining about “DR” on pent/shelt how much experience they gain per event. I used them to get my mesmer from 78 to 80 thinking it would be quick and easy but my undergeared 78 mesmer could only end up tagging maybe 5-10 mobs an entire event so the xp was nearly non-existent while my ele has a few hundred excess skill points (after being the main source of skill points for getting my mystic clovers).

Mesmers can’t farm as efficiently. I have a lvl 80 mesmer and tried using it to farm here. Certainly not easy. At least not when compared to my ele.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

You should stop assuming that everybody gets the same drop, specially since we now have to confirmation from Colin that the loot tables where not working as intended. If everybody could make 6g/h farming Orr, my server would be full of people with legendaries…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Mesmers can’t farm as efficiently. I have a lvl 80 mesmer and tried using it to farm here. Certainly not easy. At least not when compared to my ele.

wrong, so very wrong >_<

I have deceptive evasion and illusionary persona, my weps are GS and Sw/Sw and using full zerker gear (I still don’t have an MF set yet :P), utilities are mirror image, blink and feedback (no reason for the feedback, it’s just something I like to have on my bar just in case.

summon a phantasm and/or clone, dodge towards the enemies, use blurred frenzy and mind wrack, most/all mobs in that pack have now been tagged (up to 25 mobs can be tagged this way.
use blink to act as a way of getting to the middle of the mobs, and MI to add an extra few clones if you mess up the clone gen part (or give 3 seconds distotion if you screw up REALLY badly and are about to die to the pack of spiders chainpulling you).

usually, mind wrack and blurred frenzy are off CD by time the next pack spawns

it’s the instant attacks that are key when farming PP/SG, if you have a cast time, the warriors have probably killed the pack before your first attack is launched

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

Have to agree with OP here – CS farming nets and EASY 5g/h.

However – i ALWAYS open bags rather than selling them, 1 powerful blood from a bag = 30s or 13 bags(if sold on TP)

Giants eyes drops from bags too that sell for 60s a piece so it really is a no brainer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Have to agree with OP here – CS farming nets and EASY 5g/h.

However – i ALWAYS open bags rather than selling them, 1 powerful blood from a bag = 30s or 13 bags(if sold on TP)

Giants eyes drops from bags too that sell for 60s a piece so it really is a no brainer.

It’s really a gamble like anything else, though. I’ve been selling them as it’s good, consistent cash, but last night I decided to open 1g worth (about 40 bags), and it was all Tier 5. An unlucky break of RNG, sure, but I think I’ll stick to selling them after that – it’s just more reliable.