lovestruck skins

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

Which are the best to invest in? I looted a bl key today and it gave me the final scrap for a ticket.. I am not really interested in the skins myself. Which ones are most popular? THe tp prices are all really close together and there is quite a bit available.

Need some advice going for a smart pick. Right now im doubting between dagger, shield, hammer and sword..

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’d say dagger or shield, and here’s why. Neither of those models really have anything similar ATM. The sword is near to the rapier and the hammer, while nice, has a model much like genesis and entropy (IMO). I think daggers are most often used (more common weapon on characters than shield).

My opinion of course!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Get the one with the lowest supply on the tp-

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Verificus.4320

Problem is lowest supply currently are shortbow (which looks awesome but only 2 classes use, one of which only uses them in spvp and the other on weapon switch), foucs, rifle and warhorn..which both look rather bad and are also not used alot..

I don’t wanna sit on a ticket that will never sell because it is either ugly or simply not used on most meta builds..

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

or simply not used on most meta builds..

This will never be an issue.

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Verificus.4320

Why is that? Most people run meta in this game.. maybe not meta builds.. but I never see staff mesmers in pugs, or sword warriors, or staff necro’s, or mace guardians etc etc..

Most people might not run full zerker but most of them are using the ‘meta’ weapon sets.. meaning any weapon that is highly used is going to drop fastest in supply once they get bumped to 3 or 5 tickets.. whereas the supply of a short bow or ugly skin will go down much slower and the possibility exists that I might not sell it for a very long time.. I will sit on the skin but not for a year obviously…

Ofcourse I understand low supply = more cash but I need a better argument than just that to justify buying the short bow.. it just seems risky.. Spirit rangers are mostly a pvp spec and other than that every thief uses it on switch.. Most thieves dont walk around with a valentine armor though..

What I’m actually looking for is people who have previously exchanged ticket to make profit on weapons and what they went for.. safe small profit or risky high profit..

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

really, you’re just nitpicking. They all will go up. probably directly correlated to how the prices currently differ (if they are 10% different now, they will be 10% different in 2 months). I recommend making the most expensive one, or second-most-expensive if you really think the most expensive isn’t popular.

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Verificus.4320

What do you base that correlation on lol.. they are 1 ticket now.. the only reason some are more expensive is because they are either bought less than there is demand or because they look better.. This can all change since there will be no new supply once the ticket price is upped.. if GS is the most popular now and the cheapest, supply could deplete rapidly and become the most expensive.. likewise the ones that are expensive and scarce now, usually due to being less popular or less used could stay this way once the ticket price goes up.. e.g. not many people will ever buy an underwater lovestruck skin.. 2 months from now there might be only 2-3 in supply but almost no chance in hell that I’ll ever sell those..

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Or just hold on to the ticket and wait for the next set. You never know, those might sell better.

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

Or just hold on to the ticket and wait for the next set. You never know, those might sell better.

But then he would have to wait even longer for the prices to go up.

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

But then he would have to wait even longer for the prices to go up.

Or they might release something so nice that the price is immediately higher. ^^

I have one ticket that I’m holding onto to see what the next set is as I wasn’t that impressed myself with the livestruck ones.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Verificus.4320

I can always get a new ticket.. it isn’t hard to farm the keys when most of your characters still need map completion + I could spam level 10 characters for a key.. I’m definitely not saving the ticket.. I want to invest i’m just not sure.. Ill summize my choices again:

High supply and cheap:
Longbow (Very cool)
Staff (unique)
Shield (Unique)
Greatsword ( ugly imo, cheapest popular one)

High supply and expensive:
Sword (There is also bonetta’s rapier)
Dagger (Unique)
Hammer (Not unique as model isn’t different just the heart)

Low supply and expensive:
Shortbow (same cool look as longbow)
Focus (looks nice aswell and is used by alot of classes)

Low and cheap:
Rifle
Warhorn
Mace
Axe

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

Sword, dagger, and pistol are safe bets. Greatswords always have the highest supply so I’d avoid them.

On a related note does anyone know why lovestruck prices are so low on the TP right now? With the ticket prices rising tomorrow I’d expect the opposite to happen.

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Verificus.4320

The price of one claim ticket is 60g so the weapons will never cost more than that while they are 1 ticket.. some are low 40s cuz not popular.

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

What I mean is that since the release of lovestruck weapons their price has ranged from 40g-70g. Doesn’t make sense that they would be at their lowest right before ticket price increases.

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Verificus.4320

It does, since the ticket price is only 60g :/.. the fact that the ticket price changes tomorrow has no influence on that.. people can still turn their tickets in for 24 hrs.. meaning that anyone selling them on tp during that time cannot possibly ask more gold because no one in their right mind would buy when they can use ticket worth 60g instead.. It’s quite simple really.. Also dagger is a safe bet but not a profitable bet since its high availability which means u gotta sit on it for much longer in order to gain satisfying profits.. Sword as I said, looks alot like bonetta’s rapier which costs only 8g.. I’m leaning towards either focus, shortbow or pistol.. haven’t decided yet…

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

What I did was take a look at all of the skins, and basically just picked out 10 which I think look the best and brought a couple of each. I didn’t really put too much thought into it, they will all make money in the end, some more then others, but I would rather have a few skins that I actually find appealing, in case I ever actually feel like using them before selling later on.

The skins I picked were;

Greatsword
Sword
Pistol
Dagger
Shield
Hammer
Staff
Longbow
Mace
Axe

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Verificus.4320

The problem is I only have a single ticket and don’t really have the gold right now to buy a couple of them considering I have 3 more alts that needed ascended armor and weapons which is going to cost me at least a 1000g total and tbh am not really a patient person that I wanna wait 3 months and invest the funds right now. Especially since this ticket is free. Out of those you listed which do you have most faith in?

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilius.9850

Lilius.9850

What I did was take a look at all of the skins, and basically just picked out 10 which I think look the best and brought a couple of each. I didn’t really put too much thought into it, they will all make money in the end, some more then others, but I would rather have a few skins that I actually find appealing, in case I ever actually feel like using them before selling later on.

The skins I picked were;

Greatsword
Sword
Pistol
Dagger
Shield
Hammer
Staff
Longbow
Mace
Axe

You dropped 1000g on these skins… 0.o

lovestruck skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Yeah, that sounds about right, however I don’t mind, it stops me from spending it on makeover kits and other gemstore jaz ^^

I think I like the Pistol/Shield/Dagger the most out of them, then again, that’s just speculation on my part, I really have no idea how things will turn out, or what other people may find appealing.