CDI- Character Progression-Horizontal

in CDI

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

But not even caress other projects, such as Lore … =D

I do not want to break the Lore, I have some ideas to exploit and Learn more.
(( bother Kulvar to help.))

But we haven’t deepen things about the Lore…
I don’t want to break the Lore. I have instead some ideas to use it and to learn more about it.

BRING ON THE VOICELESS EVENTS!

Option > Sound > Dialog
And not all players hate voices. I love them !

in CDI

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I speak French not at all beyond a couple of numbers and minor exclamations.

I’ll correct one thing I said — exploit means what I wrote, but that’s as a verb. As a noun it can mean adventure or other unusual and daring actions, for instance the exploits of Sherlock Holmes.

Re voices: I like having them even if sometimes I itch to correct the intonation. In the first Claw Island fight, a soldier shouts out when we take a bone ship down, “A small victory. By the Gods, there’s so many of them.” She should be a lot less exultant on the first sentence; it comes across as “Oh yay woohoo we got a small bit of a win there!” Whereas it should be “oh dreck, that turns out to have been pretty useless.”

Anyway I’d rather get a lot more story coming with less voice acting than have the lack of VA resources pinch the story pipeline to a trickle, even though the voices add tremendously to the impact of many scenes.

in CDI

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

devs,

this thread seems all over the place. there are a bunch of suggestions about content and qol features that don’t have anything to do with progressing our characters, so could you please clarify what you mean by “horizontal progression”?

thanks!

Hi Swagger,

Nearly every post in this thread is about Horizontal character progression and personally I am really enjoying the ideation and brainstorming phase.

I haven’t been able to contribute in this thread because of family engagements (Wife’s Birthday, Preparation for Christmas Day etc). I intend to discuss my personal favorite ideas on the 27th.

We have plenty of time on the thread and it seems that most everyone are enjoying themselves and I am sure we will see some more focused proposals soon.

Chris

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All
Just dropping in to say working on a summary post which will be up tonight (morning at the moment). Having Christmas with the family. Loving all the ideas, keep then coming guys & girls.

ps. Sorry wife said should give you all a Merry Christmas

Thanks Bezagron, Guhracie, Orpheal and many others for your help with the management of this great thread.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

Ah Chris, we missed you.
Merry Christmas mate, and everyone too.

I for one, besides everything else I’ve already said, would just like more jumping puzzles.
Love me some jumping puzzles. Thou an achievement with a nice boot skin wouldn’t go amiss if you like me have completed every single one of them.

I honestly think the physical activities of GW2 is one of the core elements that sets it apart from other MMO’s, and I love it to bits as a result. Long term rewards for them could be a little better mind you.

in CDI

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

I have to say, this CDI is literally amazing. I literally have nothing to contribute because everyone has either said what I thought or completely explain my idea in huge detail, far more than I ever could!

I really hope feedback is taken and used ASAP!

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in CDI

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I haven’t been able to contribute in this thread because of family engagements (Wife’s Birthday, Preparation for Christmas Day etc). I intend to discuss my personal favorite ideas on the 27th.

We have plenty of time on the thread and it seems that most everyone are enjoying themselves and I am sure we will see some more focused proposals soon.

Chris

Thank you for your contributions so far. And a special thanks to all the organizers as well. This thread truly brings out the heart of the GW fanbase!

Although, Chris, I thought ANET was made of cyborgs, who exist only as a red name on a forum? BACK TO WORK!

Nahh, just joking. Glad to see your morale is high. Hmmm… THAT’S IT!

I have another idea to throw at people… http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Morale_boost

What if slaying a champion increased our HP and Endurance regeneration by 2%, up to 10%, until we die or leave the map? Such a mechanic would be an awesome throwback to GW1 (Fan service!!!), and it would add an interesting sort of progression in open-world PvE.

It would also give players a good reason to slay champions outside farming, and during events like Claw of Jormag.

The mechanic could also be expanded during world events, where players buff themselves to take down bigger foes without being OHKOed.

in CDI

Posted by: Telos.2359

Telos.2359

Merry christmas to you all! This post might not bring new ideas but a question : I’ve always wondered why racial skills were deliberatly less powerful than class skills although they were made to add some variations to the build, to be here because they was not double classing system.

Wouldn’t it be good to up a little bit the racial skills or even adding new ones, to create variations in skills types which are used and to builds?

in CDI

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Hi All
Just dropping in to say working on a summary post which will be up tonight (morning at the moment). Having Christmas with the family. Loving all the ideas, keep then coming guys & girls.

ps. Sorry wife said should give you all a Merry Christmas

Hey, feel free to drop me a line if you want to split up the job of summarizing at all! I’d rather not be redundant, but I am planning to make another list of posts with ideas that stand out to me.

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

(edited by Guhracie.3419)

in CDI

Posted by: Khunvyel.3972

Khunvyel.3972

I’d like to give Mr. Whiteside best wishes and thanks for this initiative.
You Sir, have made people who haven’t been happy with the game literally come back and regain hope and faith into the game by the CDIs which have the community rolling.
You Sir, are the “missing link” that proves ArenaNet still cares for us and wants to get things progressing, together.
You Sir, should have a very well deserved Christmas celebration

We are all very anxious to see how and what is going to happen because of this collaboration. Merry Christmas, inhabitants of Tyria.

in CDI

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

Ok Mr. Whiteside, I’ll give this a run.

Phillip’s Horizontal Development, Part I:

At level 80, the player can see the XP bar filling up as he does his dailies, various other stuff like crafting, champ trains etc. The bar goes full, then refreshes to empty. Rinse and repeat. Those bars should go into a pool, to be used as currency to purchase points that can be applied to stats such as: Vitality, Precision,Toughness, % Crit Dam, and the rest. I won’t get into variable details but you get the point.

That there, is true horizontal progression in character development. The more things a player does to gain capped XP, the more such experience can count towards making that character better. He’s not better because he is higher level, he’s better because he earned it.

This is horizontal character development. I will write about gears and other things later.

Have a Merry Christmas.

in CDI

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Ok Mr. Whiteside, I’ll give this a run.

Phillip’s Horizontal Development, Part I:

At level 80, the player can see the XP bar filling up as he does his dailies, various other stuff like crafting, champ trains etc. The bar goes full, then refreshes to empty. Rinse and repeat. Those bars should go into a pool, to be used as currency to purchase points that can be applied to stats such as: Vitality, Precision,Toughness, % Crit Dam, and the rest. I won’t get into variable details but you get the point.

That there, is true horizontal progression in character development. The more things a player does to gain capped XP, the more such experience can count towards making that character better. He’s not better because he is higher level, he’s better because he earned it.

This is horizontal character development. I will write about gears and other things later.

Have a Merry Christmas.

That would actually be vertical progression, since your power would be rising.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in CDI

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

I have another idea to throw at people… http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Morale_boost

What if slaying a champion increased our HP and Endurance regeneration by 2%, up to 10%, until we die or leave the map? Such a mechanic would be an awesome throwback to GW1 (Fan service!!!), and it would add an interesting sort of progression in open-world PvE.

It would also give players a good reason to slay champions outside farming, and during events like Claw of Jormag.

The mechanic could also be expanded during world events, where players buff themselves to take down bigger foes without being OHKOed.

While I am not sure if it would be worth the effort to kill some champions for the buff (in GW1 a main reason to kill enemies in this manner was to get rid of a death penalty which could be much more impactful than just a 10% boost)….

… the idea of a temporary progression is an interesting one. (Progression that will be taken away when you die/leave the map/do something else)

Something related to this:

Dungeon assets

In the future, new dungeons will probably come out (or new paths anyways). Maybe even those challenge missions I mentioned earlier.

What if we could bring a selection of environmental weapons or npc’s into the dungeon to help us with the objectives in those new dungeon paths?

An NPC would give us several options to choose from. We could unlock more options through achieving certain goals within those dungeons or through other means.

Examples of some possible benefits:

• One (or more)-time use bundles. (A healing cannister that gives us a water field/ a trap kit that allows us to drop 5 traps/ an orb that ressurects all allies when shattered … etc.)
  • An NPC that aids you within the dungeon. (A healing kodan, a weakening hylek, a dazing dredge, a stealthing largos … etc.)
  • An one time buff that once activated lasts 5 minutes. (This could be a stat buff, but also a luck boost or something like that.)

These would only be available for hard dungeons with a asset-NPC in the starting room.

Benefits:

• Dungeons could have more specific team requirements, since those could be fulfilled by picking up one of the assets if you don’t have the desired profession in the team.
  • Teams that are good at this harder content might pick up a magic find buff, rather than another asset. (This could create ‘Hard mode’ in a way)
  • Replay value. If the assets are impactful, then picking a different asset might result in a different dungeon experience.
  • Collecting more options seems to be a very desirable way of horizontal progression.
  • These could be a pick of group-unlocks. In which case only one person needs to have something unlocked for the entire group to gain that asset. (So perhaps we wouldn’t bring 5 extra NPC’s, but we are only allowed one. Then a list comes up that shows a list of different NPC’s unlocked across all players in the party. The team votes for the one they like best.) This would mean that having one experienced player in a group is enough to get atleast some assets.

Edit: Oh right! Merry Christmas!

(edited by The Lost Witch.7601)

in CDI

Guhracie.3419

Please include the many posts about the engineer hobo-sacks as well. Just a minor thing, but a thing nonetheless.

and what do these rants have to do with horizontal progression?

I explained very clearly what this has to do with horizontal progression in this post, and I’d appreciate it if you’d take a look rather than dismiss it as a rant.

If my post is too long for you to read, the short version is that kits limit build diversity and aesthetic diversity. It may seem minor, but I see it as very relevant to the topic at hand, if build diversity and aesthetic diversity are indeed part of horizontal progression.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

in CDI

Kain Francois.4328

While I am not sure if it would be worth the effort to kill some champions for the buff (in GW1 a main reason to kill enemies in this manner was to get rid of a death penalty which could be much more impactful than just a 10% boost)….

… the idea of a temporary progression is an interesting one. (Progression that will be taken away when you die/leave the map/do something else)

Edit: Oh right! Merry Christmas!

It could also boost magic find, or something. Something of that nature would certainly promote people to hop off the champ train in FGS and farm mobs, without actually nerfing the train.

in CDI

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Merry christmas to you all! This post might not bring new ideas but a question : I’ve always wondered why racial skills were deliberatly less powerful than class skills although they were made to add some variations to the build, to be here because they was not double classing system.

Wouldn’t it be good to up a little bit the racial skills or even adding new ones, to create variations in skills types which are used and to builds?

Basically, it’s to limit the possibility that any given racial skill will turn out to synergise with a profession, either enhancing a strength or shoring up a weakness, so well that not being of that race makes you objectively weaker then members of that profession that are of the race with that skill.

For instance, in Guild Wars 1, a substantial weakness of pure warriors was that they could be shut down hard by Blind or Weakness (conditions that were much more powerful in GW1 than GW2) and had no means of removing those conditions from themselves. As a result, many warriors cherrypicked a secondary profession that provided the best self-condition-removal skill. Now, in GW1, this wasn’t actually too much of a problem because a) characters weren’t expected to be as self-sufficient as in GW2, so doing without and expecting the support characters to deal with your conditions was a viable option, and more importantly b) you could switch secondary professions freely , so if you found you had the wrong one, you could change easily enough, while in GW2 you can only change race by leveling a new character.

Now, imagine if, in GW2, you’d just leveled, say, a charr or norn warrior (races you’d expect to make good warriors) and then discovered that, through some unforeseen synergy, asura are regarded as being the best warriors, and thus PUGs will always take asura warriors over warriors of another race given the choice, and may in fact choose not to take warriors of other races at all in hopes of getting an asura. At that stage, you’d have no real choice except to start over again… and then that work might be invalidated by a balance patch that changes the status quo.

This is why most suggestions to improve racial skills also involve homogenising them in some fashion or another – so they don’t end up creating optimised race/profession combinations.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in CDI

Posted by: Telos.2359

Telos.2359

I understand. Thank you for your answer

in CDI

Posted by: ksmisfit.8109

ksmisfit.8109

A few things and I don’t know whether it fits horizontally or vertically:
One make the commander tag more useful for dungeons and pve by allowing them to take more people into a group. By this I mean say let them take up to 10 people into a dungeon (more if say a general tag etc is created and bought) so that people don’t get left out as often when a group of friends are running a dungeon. I would assume that the dungeon would scale much like the world bosses do in difficulty. Right now except for wvw, fighting teq, or zerg like trains the tag is generally treated like an expensive piece of jewellery and in some cases as was last night someone was using it to spam a group trying to organize a teq fight by flipping it on and off making it difficult to find the right commander.
While I understand you want to get people in all aspects of the game some of us just can’t or truly don’t want to do player versus player type things. Making Map Completion inherent on Mapping World vs World Makes it very difficult for those of us who despite joining guilds still end up playing as a loner (ie not in Parties) and who don’t have great skills of movement. Since this is a requirement of making a legendary and getting the been there done that tag it takes away a large part of the enjoyment of the game for those of us who are anti pvp due to having been bullied in other pvp type games. For an example level 20 characters trouncing level 1 characters (yes I know that there is world/make scaling but that only helps the character to a certain degree the player however doesn’t exactly level up with their character. With the WvW contests going on for the most part my world has not been able to get the area I need besides the fact that frequently I have to run about there solo and cross most of the map hoping I won’t run into a large group of opposing characters when All I want is to complete the map.

in CDI

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

To everyone, I know we’re discussing all types of horizontal progression and content, but it would seem a large number of people are confusing game progression with character progression.

Perhaps a good discussion point would be to discuss the differences between the two.

Game Progression

• New events, content, and gametypes are game progression, such that it expands the game’s horizons and choice of gameplay to players. Also, if one’s idea is to take an existing area of the game (like dungeons) and modify it in some way for rewards, difficulty, whatever…that too is game progression, not character progression.

Character Progression

• Elements like adding more meaning to the existing character personality system, improved skill mechanics including new skills and/or weapons, and continuing aesthetically pleasing and prestigious rewards…these are elements of character progression. They directly affect either the performance/behavior of the character or affect the appearance of the character.

Given the original focus of the Vertical Progression thread on “character” (mostly in terms of balance and time of acquisition with Ascended gear), I feel we would all benefit more from exploring elements of Horizontal Character progression first, since I believe we can all say we either have an emotional attachment or some similar kind of investment in each of our characters.

We can throw out the most amazing, detailed, and slightly crazy ideas for new game content and ideas of game progression, but let’s not kid ourselves, we don’t know Arenanet’s resources and limitations. Let’s start on character progression and let those ideas build into more grandiose visions of new content and systems.

Thanks all for considering this approach and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Malchior.5042)

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Merry Christmas to all those where it is Christmas Day!

Chris

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

I’d like to give Mr. Whiteside best wishes and thanks for this initiative.
You Sir, have made people who haven’t been happy with the game literally come back and regain hope and faith into the game by the CDIs which have the community rolling.
You Sir, are the “missing link” that proves ArenaNet still cares for us and wants to get things progressing, together.
You Sir, should have a very well deserved Christmas celebration

We are all very anxious to see how and what is going to happen because of this collaboration. Merry Christmas, inhabitants of Tyria.

Thanks for your kind words and Merry Christmas!

Everyone at Arena cares for the community. I just happen to have little bit more time than most (-:

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Hahaha! You would show up just to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Chris!

Merry Christmas everyone, devs and players!

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hahaha! You would show up just to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Chris!

Merry Christmas everyone, devs and players!

Merry Christmas (-:

Just got back from dinner.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

MMmm, Christmas Dinner.

Merry Christmas everyone!

in CDI

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good fight!

I should be writing.

in CDI

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Horizontal Progression and Ranger Pets
Everyone who plays Ranger already knows and talks about Pet problems constantly in the Ranger Forums, the AI bugs, the inability to save pet names, etc.

I am not concerned with that currently (Although, atleast removing the “Juvenile” atleast for level 80 characters would be awesome!) . For Right now, I am concerned with how pets can involve Horizontal character progression such as (“Dude! Your Pet is kitten AWESOME! Where’d you get it!?!”)

- Introduce Elite Pets. I know we already have several elite special pets in the game (Black Widow Spider, Rainbow Jellyfish, White Raven, Black Moa), but Players should have a path to unlock special pets in Guild Wars 2.

• One way to do it would be to have a special event open up in a Dungeon after completing it. After doing these special events for a bonus chest, a Unique pet has a chance to spawn as well, such as a Rose colored version of the Fern Hound, or an Undead version of the Eagle. These pets could have entirely new skills, or like the pets from Guild Wars 1, have the same skill set as another pet so that way there is no balancing issues, and unlocking these unique skins is entirely cosmetic.
  • Another way would be to give each Profession a unique pet that they can unlock. Humans can get a Hound of Balthazar for example.

- For a System that affects every Profession, I have a different idea….

• Introduce a new Equipment Slot in the Hero Panel. Call it an “Artifact” slot or Something.
  • We can get these new pieces of Equipment from anywhere in the game (crafting, Dungeons, Fractals, WvW, etc.) , and there should be basic versions all the way to legendary versions. Basic which are easy to get, and Legendary,which you have to jump through hoops and do all sorts of things in order to get.
  • Each Profession has a Unique Equipment type that is for them only, and each one affects them different (but only Visually).
  • Necromancers for example, could get an Artifact called “Ghost Shroud”, that Changes their Death Shroud Form from Black to a ghostly Blue.
  • Warriors can get an Artifact that changes the way/size their banners look and give their burst skill an explosive effect when they use it.
  • Elementalists can get an Artifact that can change the look of their Elementals (Fire elemental into a Destroyer, Ice Elemental into an Icebrood Elemental).
  • Rangers can equip things that Directly change how their pet looks. For Example, Rangers can find and equip an Artifact called the “Mistfire Harness” that gives their Canines the same armor that the Mistfire Wolf wears. There could even be a legendary version that Turns Canines into an awesome ghost version of themselves while wearing the armor. Another Legendary example would be a “Quicksilver Carapace” that covers Devourers and Spiders in Liquid Metal like how the Juggernaut does now.
  • There could be Universal Artifacts that give the Character a surrounding aura of different colors or other things like that.

It might require way too much coding and messing around with graphical assets to be practical , but, with a system like that, Players will have some long term goals of how exactly they want their Character to look besides just armor and weapons.

Other Ideas I posted in this Thread :::
Horizontal Progression for Weapon Skills ::: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/3413290
Horizontal Progression for Different Factions ::: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/3413603
Horizontal Character Progression and Guilds ::: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/3417006

Also…… MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

in CDI

Posted by: Yorgie B.5618

Yorgie B.5618

My idea of Horizontal Progression (HP) is less time + less grind = more fun. Chris, you and your fellow developers at ArenaNet have done an excellent job with most of the game. I’ll comment on areas that could use improving later in this post.

I thoroughly enjoy reading the ideas of my fellow players. There are many I agree with and close to equal number I disagree with. The execution and potential changes to the formula that made GW2 attractive to play.

I won’t respond directly to members but I’ll outline the general ideas. My goal is to try to represent the group of players that fall in between casual and hardcore.

Lets Go:

I believe that cosmetics are important to HP and more should be added.The Living Story is a fun alternative to expansions and allow many of us earn to achievement points and cosmetic upgrades in a reasonable time frame.

Cosmetics are good and a wardrobe function would be great to view and use the skins from Metas that we have completed. I like the idea of having them added to our Achievements panel.

Dynamic Events: Keep these as the primary means for difficult and rewarding content. This is the reason many of us migrated to the game, open-world spontaneous group play.

Vanquishing: I vote for vanquishing quests or DEs but I submit that we use groups of at least ten players or more but not so difficult they require us to form role-specific groups.

Hard Mode (Dungeons): I vote for HM dungeons but I’m against making them so difficult we need to revert to a soft trinity/specific builds to complete them. I strongly support the play any char and role you want mantra. If we continue to push for role specific content we will limit the openness of the content to all skill levels (except Fractals). We have all seen the “Zerker Only” or class specific requests. Yes, there are other groups we can join but it supports a negative trend of forcing people to use a certain “accepted” class, skill or trait layout. (I rolled a Monk in GW1 and I hated not being able to roll my Warrior (I’d normally get kicked) simply because a group needed a healer instead. )

Mini-slot: As suggested by others a slot in our menu to place a single mini-pet.

Pet Deactivation: Allow Rangers to permanently keep a pet hidden without it popping up when we take damage.

Rewards: I support the idea of all rewards (drops, “exclusive” skins, etc.) being obtainable through open world PvE, WvW, dungeons or Fractals.

The topic of reward issues revolves around Tier 6 materials, Ascended, Pre-Cursors. I’ll put it bluntly since many threads have already touched on this but the drop rates need a major boost.

The TP prices are ridiculous. If we introduce more materials and Pre-Cursors we can balance and better regulate their affordability. It also gives all players a better chance at enjoying all the items the game has to offer without being restricted by RNG or gold.

I’d rather earn T6 mats and a Pre-Cursor through enjoyable gameplay (not a six-month grind or forced dungeon/Fractal crawling). I’m not asking for a ten-part bore-quest but give the CasualCore crowd a reliable way to earn the items necessary to enjoy the highest tier equipment, especially when we are willing to work for it. I think a chain of DEs is a good place for guaranteed drops for mats and a guaranteed/higher chance for a Pre-Cursor.

The two things that are preventing me from completing my Legendary are Charged Lodestones and a Pre-Cursor. I think we need a CDI for whoever is in charge of the horrendous decision of making these rarer than unicorns. Seriously, Chris, my man..talk to someone about increasing the drop rate for these by 1000% ;P.

AMD FX-8350+Sapphire R9-290
Guild Wars Community member since 2005

(edited by Yorgie B.5618)

in CDI

Kain Francois.4328

What about Hard Mode dungeons, where resurrections are disabled? Wipe= Game Over.

Imagine Arah like that? It better dang have some awesome rewards…

in CDI

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Merry Christmas to you all!!

@Guhracie: sorry, it wasn’t my intent to come around as rude, just an honest question with a good answer, thank you. Wording could have been better by me.

Zone-progression has come up in this thread a few times and I really like it. People would return to “old” zones and give those a revival. Some thoughts about that:

• The Living story did one thing very well: make players play together in the same zone, building a sense of community. If every zone would get a revival by zone-progression, it could lead to player fragmentation and servers would feel quite empty.
    Because of this I’d give each zone a big bonus for a week in order to make it more attractive than other zones at the time. Progression on a specific zone shouldn’t be reset though, so that you don’t have the feeling that you’ve worked for nothing.
  • Events are the main content of the game, but a.) rewards are very generic and b.) medals seem kind of pointless. You get a better reward, but you can’t feel the difference between a gold medal reward and a silver medal or bronze medal reward. A horizontal progression system could be to collect medals in a zone which contributes to your zone progression. Since the medals we have are a bit easy to achieve, I’d add a new platin medal which is quite a bit more difficult to obtain. It’s NOT about dps or damage you’ve done in general, but about completing certain objectives. When you should simply defend a seraph base, for platin you should defend 3 markers for a minimum of time without going to down state.

Yes, this would mean a rework of each existing event, but you could do it gradually by releasing only one new zone with zone progression at a time. This would also focus players to a single zone. It’s permanent content though and you could still work on progress in zone X when zone Y arrives.

EDIT: Mithril Medal: You have to activate the Mithril Mode at one NPC which scales your character back to -2 levels of that zone. Now you’r just like a player while leveling up, so no griefing… just another alt. For a Mithril Medal at an event you’ll have to be in that mode and accomplish certain objectives without going down once, and staying over 50% health. Hard Mode GW2 style.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in CDI

The Lost Witch.7601

To everyone, I know we’re discussing all types of horizontal progression and content, but it would seem a large number of people are confusing game progression with character progression.

Perhaps a good discussion point would be to discuss the differences between the two.

Game Progression

• New events, content, and gametypes are game progression, such that it expands the game’s horizons and choice of gameplay to players. Also, if one’s idea is to take an existing area of the game (like dungeons) and modify it in some way for rewards, difficulty, whatever…that too is game progression, not character progression.

Character Progression

• Elements like adding more meaning to the existing character personality system, improved skill mechanics including new skills and/or weapons, and continuing aesthetically pleasing and prestigious rewards…these are elements of character progression. They directly affect either the performance/behavior of the character or affect the appearance of the character.

Given the original focus of the Vertical Progression thread on “character” (mostly in terms of balance and time of acquisition with Ascended gear), I feel we would all benefit more from exploring elements of Horizontal Character progression first, since I believe we can all say we either have an emotional attachment or some similar kind of investment in each of our characters.

We can throw out the most amazing, detailed, and slightly crazy ideas for new game content and ideas of game progression, but let’s not kid ourselves, we don’t know Arenanet’s resources and limitations. Let’s start on character progression and let those ideas build into more grandiose visions of new content and systems.

Thanks all for considering this approach and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Well…

Some ideas for character progression involve game progression. My earlier post describes a system in which our characters progress through making options available at a dungeon asset NPC. In a way, the inclusion of this would change the way new dungeons work, making it game progression. Yet character progression is also a big part of it. (We could unlock NPC-aid or bundles through the various adventures that we do in the game elsewhere. From helping Detha in AC to helping a poor traveler with his dolyak in the open world.)

I think that most of the game-progression posts in this thread contain a part character progression as well.

Limiting ourselves to the game that we have as we talk about character progression could take away a lot of possibilities. If we can talk about character progression in the future, why not include ways to do so that include game progression?

Also: ideas may not be feasible now, or anytime soon. But if they are good, they may make it into the game at a later date. Updates to the game made in the future could be made with these grand ideas in mind.

For example: If they do decide to go with challenge missions, this could mean that they may not add a competitive factor to the current dungeons. (Challenge missions could be character progression through titles and ranks but also personal progression through ladders or accountbound achievements)

Dream big! Though try to fit those big ideas into the current systems of this game. If it turns out too big a dream, so be it, at least the idea is out there.

(I think you have a good point: to make a difference between the two. But I feel that very few ideas so far are limited to game progression while not at the same time offering character progression.)

in CDI

Guhracie.3419

Merry Christmas to you all!!

@Guhracie: sorry, it wasn’t my intent to come around as rude, just an honest question with a good answer, thank you. Wording could have been better by me.

Urgh, this is my fault. The whole topic of the Engineer profession is super-touchy to me, and my default is to be defensive (which is pretty evident, pretty frequently). I should not have snapped at you. You always have great ideas (I’m pretty sure I linked to three of your posts in my links) and are very polite, so I don’t know what my problem is. I’m very sorry, and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

Merry Christmas to you!

-Mike O’Brien

in CDI

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

Horizontal progression page summary
Snip

Content

World development

Awesome work Bezagron.

Summary bump.

Chris

Am I the only one a bit disappointed… All that this community could think off is generally: “more of the same”. Where are the crazy ideas of some new progression systems? Or suggestions about something that could be copied from other games?

@HiddenNick I recommend looking at some to the ideas under Content & Louveepine’s ideas under World development. At the moment I think everyone’s covering existing ideas. I believe we’re all just starting and it early days for this discussion is there any crazy idea’s you have, would love to read them.

Ok so one of my favorite systems of all time was Materia from FF7. How that worked? Materia was something like Sigils or infusions. It was a thing that you put into your weapon. The tricky part was that the materia could level up. And the other cool thing about it was that in some weapon slots materia could be combined with other materia to alter its effects. Some materia could alter the other in such a way that it effect was triggered twice or be stronger or behave differently.

What I really don’t like about gw2 reward systems is that there is not much you can look forward to when opening a chest. And this system could create another level of customization without adding to much complexity.

Leveling up materia(Sigils) could be also a fun thing as it doesn’t have to mean that you need to kill a bunch of monsters to level it up. Different materia(Sigils) could require different way to level up. And it could matter a lot for people that like to level up things

in CDI

Posted by: Lucifers Heaven.2167

Lucifers Heaven.2167

- For a System that affects every Profession, I have a different idea….

• Introduce a new Equipment Slot in the Hero Panel. Call it an “Artifact” slot or Something.

I really rather like the general idea of this sort of class based modification and pretty much every class has some things they could change with this.

To preface my examples I am going to mention that I’ve only given a short amount of thought to this, so the examples are unrefined, and it would not be an even playing field (some classes would have much more to do than others). Also, in some cases you could argue for either a single item to make several changes, or allow individual items to change individual things/instances (will include some examples below).
I am also aware that this may not be viable given some suggestions could require quite a bit of work, possibly beyond feasibility. And it could add a lot more to load, especially in really busy places, such as WvW.
Still, I’ll suggest and leave those decisions to others.

- Elementalist (this class has possibly the most potential): The effects around their hands that denote the element they are currently attuned to. There is a lot of room here for what you could do.

• Extend the effect to cover different body parts/be elsewhere (whole forearm and/or hands covered, haloes, floating bits, auras).
  • Have different effects (water = dripping water or spiky ice, lighting = floating electricity or storm cloud)

This is where you could either have a single “themed slot” that changes all of it at once (Warmage Gauntlets = Agressive elemental effects covering hands and forearms), or two slots: one for where the effects are and one for what the effects look like. You could even go so far as to have either of those, but you pick for each element, allowing a lightning halo and icy gauntlets on the one character.

- Mesmer: Changing what their illusions (mostly the phantasms which are easily distinguishable from you anyway) look like and maybe the shatter effects. Especially for the phantasms; you could go all the way from allowing different colours (and colours with effects) through to making them look completely different (make them look like demons, or other creatures/monsters/specific known npcs).
Also, the general colour of their abilities (all the stuff that is that purple colour, even though I like purple).

- Necromancer: Different looking death shroud. Again colour changes through to completely changing the silhouette while it’s on. And possibly some minion stuff (see ranger pets). Maybe even Mark/Well cosmetics.

- Thief (this is one of the hardest to me): Their vapour trail (though I love it as is). The look of any called in thieves (for example you could pick their race, or call in Order of Whispers thieves). And maybe some of the stealth effects? Thief is hard to nail down as there is no one (or two) aspect that will be visible across all thief build types.

- Ranger: Pets. As original poster mentioned, various barding, pet “themes” (ghostly, undead), so on and so forth. Again, here is a spot where you could have a single item (Mistfire Barding of the Risen = undead skin with mistfire barding) and it gives that to whatever pet you have out. Or you could separate barding and skin. And you could possibly allow equipping two lots of whatever you allow, so your two active pets can have different looks.

- Engineer: Fairly obvious; kit weapon skins, pack skin, turret skins. And possibly effects for all those.

- Warrior (the other hard-ish one): Banner looks/effects (though that could be annoying for people in your party recognising the banner). Vapour trails/effects for Burst skills. Maybe shout effects?

- Guardian: The look of their Aegis (could be especially cool if it retained that look when passed to others, you’d be able to see whose aegis you had). And maybe some other colours for their blue/white attack effects.

Again, I will reiterate this is all fairly rough, and some of those things (colour of mesmer abilities for example) may be a bad idea to change as they mess with class recognition. But every class (bar thief and maybe warrior/guardian) has some easy to modify area/s that is/are visible for every build that won’t mess with class recognition.
It’d probably be a lot of work though, probably too much work. No harm in mentioning it though and maybe someone can refine it further so it isn’t.

in CDI

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I think before we talk about horizontal progression itself, we need to address how the game promotes horizontal progression. Looking at a game that does it very well, TSW, the game forces you to constantly rethink your strategy and adapt to new situations, this encourages players to unlock all the skills in the game and get new gear with different stats, and make different builds.

That’s a huge issue with GW2. Almost all the content in PvE (and every piece of content people do for money) can be, and optimaly should be, done in Zerker gear, with a single best traits setup, and with a very small set of useful skills. This means that there is no incentive for people to actually progress horizontally in terms of skills and gear setup.

Following on from that, there is a massive disincentive to horizontally progress in terms of cosmetics. Because everyone just uses 1 set of gear for almost everything, you’ll just be progressing on that one piece of gear. Since transmutation crystals cost quite a bit of gold to obtain and you destroy your existing ‘progress’ on the gear you’re transmuting it unto (unless you use a splitter, which is another huge chunk of gold), there is a huge disincentive to getting more cosmetics.

I know that you guys can’t just get rid of transmutation stones, so I think the next best alternative solution to the cosmetics problem is as follows. Keep transmutation stones, but instead of it transmuting unto an item, it transmutes an item into a wardrobe item which can be used as a cosmetic override at any time on that character.

It can work either like the town clothes system (but works in combat) or like the skins you get from achievements (can be retrieved as a skin infinitely), whichever is the easiest to technically achieve.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

in CDI

Posted by: Bezagron.7352

Bezagron.7352

HP summary page 6 to 13 Part 1
Ok next summary up. Sorry took a little bit of time. I’ll also have to split the summary into parts. Hope everyone’s having a great Christmas / Holiday. Again if there’s anything I’ve missed just let us know. Now for part 1.

Build content expansion – again many ideas some new ones but mainly expanding existing. LordBanon discusses how build management part 1, part 2 is important to HP.

• New weapons –
  • New skills – including expansion of weapons skills & racial skills
    Chrispy talks about a way to expand on the existing weapons skills. HP with existing weapon skills
  • New traits
  • New stat combinations – One of the main area of discussion is the adding of a stat swapping system. Many are for it but how it gets implemented is the main discussion.
  • New runes and sigils – also a runes or sigil unlock system
  • Sub-Classes – One of the main ideas under discussion is sub-classes. At the moment it’s looking like two sides. One side with many players for adding a sub-classes system and the other believing expanding the existing skills and traits can fill the role of a sub-class system. Interesting post listed below;

DiogoSilva Part 1
DiogoSilva Part 2
DiogoSilva Sub-class examples
Nike
Nike for Sub-classes
The Lost Witch
DiogoSilva Part 3
DiogoSilva Part 4
Bezagron Sub-classes & game lore

Cosmetics expansion
* Skins locker / wardrobe – PvE (Weapons & Armour)
* New skins (Weapons / Armour)
* Weapons dying – We can dye our armour why not our weapons too.

• Weapons & Armour customisation – Yalora Istairea talks about further armour customisation options
  • New Titles – Too display achievements and adding meta titles that regard multiply title to unlock. Example given is GWMM
    * Mini pets slots – ability to slot mini pets, one or two.
    * New Emotes
  • New character / skill animations – Another way to customise the look. Andrige

Content expansion

• Player Housing – Great articles by Cliff Part 1, Part 2 and by Shunsui Jiraiya
  • Order Missions/ Faction Missions – These two are basically the same, asking for expansion of content involving either the Orders (Vigil, Order of Whispers, Priory) or Factions (Skitt, Hylek, etc..). Adding missions, Order / Faction skills, weapons, armours. Chrispy looks at Faction system
    * Crafting system expansion
  • Profession Switching – Zygil brings up the idea of Profession switching.

in CDI

Bezagron.7352

HP summary page 6 to 13 Part 2
Again if there’s anything I’ve missed just let us know. Now for part 2.

Content expansion contin..

• Underwater content expansion – Gralo writes up about underwater content and ways to expand. Part 1, Part 2.
    Draxynnic also adds to the underwater discussion.
  • New Zones / Maps – Cantha & Elona
  • Hero system – Some are asking for a Hero system like the one in GW1. The collecting of NPC (Heroes) and being able to make a group with these NPC to complete group content (Eg. Dungeons). Other are against it saying this would promote solo play.
  • Vanquishing – Somehow adding vanquishing for GW1. Ideas include dungeons and instances.
  • Hero Books – Bring Hero books for GW1. These books would give an added reward for repeating previously finished content.
  • Zaishen Quests – again an idea from GW1 Kain Francois write up about it. This could be include in looking for a way to expand daily. With adding daily missions & even weekly.
  • More dungeon modes – Patrikan Habaton brings up the idea of adding Gambits and Instabilities to dungeons.
  • Polymock – Bring polymock from GW1 into GW2 using mini pets. Also Malediktus has some great ideas on further mini pet expansion.
  • Mounts – A faster way to travel in game without using the WP system. Septemptus adds some ideas for mounts uses.
  • Guilds system expansion
  • Guild halls – Kular post idea’s discussed with Louveepine. Guild Halls #1, Guild Halls #2.
  • More Guild missions – mercSTALKER has an interesting take on Guild missions.
  • Marcus Greythorne’s Head Hunter Challenges, Guards & Treasure Maps & Dr. Heinemanns Critter Box.

Not directly related to HP content

• Condition stacks – mainly regarding group play and the reduced effectives of condition builds. This is being brought up in HP as a barrier for condition build involvement in content. As the problems will still exist even with adding new content.
  • Build templates – For easier build swapping
  • Change the way stats work – Serious Thought brings up a new way of looking at stats expanding on the idea here and here.

in CDI

Bezagron.7352

HP summary page 6 to 13 Part 3
Again if there’s anything I’ve missed just let us know. Now for part 3.

Interesting posts

in CDI

The Lost Witch.7601

Summary

Thanks Bezagron, for summarizing all that! (A lot of work!)

I’ve opened up a seperate thread to bundle all the summaries. (To make the thread easier to navigate)

You can find it here.

in CDI

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

+ Lore codex

One of the main complaint is the lack of lore information as players were accustomed to in Guild Wars.
Or that you need to look for interviews, read books or have played to Guild Wars to understand many things that happen.
A playful and active way to provide these informations is to give an in game Lore Codex available in the “Hero” panel in a new tab, similar to “My Story”.
The Lore Codex have categories such as “Monsters”, “Intelligent races”, “Science”, “Organisations”, or “History”, “Places”, “Lifestyle”. It will help when looking for a specific information.
Each entry provide informations about how, why, when, or what it is.

At first, no entry is available. You have to unlock them by visiting places, talking to an NPC, doing a specific action, or completed action. Lore Codex is bound to account, and you need different characters to unlocked all the entries by discovering things about each races and order.

• Black Citadel 100% visited ? Black Citadel entry available !
  • Found all the scraps of the The Searing ? The Searing entry available !
  • Defeated Kudu ? Kudu entry available !
  • Completed the Twilight Arbor ? Nightmare Court entry available !
  • Talked to the Queen Jennah ? Queen Jennah entry available !
  • Visited Wolf Great Lodge ? Wolf Spirit entry available !
  • Killed a Skale ? Skale entry available !
  • Talked to the Pitmaster Portersmoke and taste is hot sauce ? Charr food taste entry available !
  • Joined the Durmand Priory ? Durmand Priory entry available !
  • Ended the Order of Whispers quests ? Tybalt Leftpaw entry available !
  • Ended Synergetics quests with an Asura ? University of Synergetics entry available !
  • Reached 500 in Weaponsmith ? Weaponsmith entry available !

Yes you’ll have to make a Charr of each legion to unlocked each legion entry (same for the others races), but you’ll not have to level them to 80. Just ~10 to finish each quest storyline. And three character to unlock order entries. It’s not impossible.

+ Personal storyline (We’re back in Kansas!)

It will be appreciated to have a sequel to the Personal storyline.
We can go back home after defeating Zhaïtan, meet our friends, get news, and develop new race centered story arc. Conspiracy, rapt, theft, investigation. Discover changes, political state, and frontlines position in our countries. Help our krewe or legion. I’m an Asura who dream to visit Rata Sum sewers.

It can be rewarded with new cultural armors or weapons, back items, or new town clothes.

I will appreciate to discover how races react to discoveries from Arah, such as astronomy.
It can be bound to celestial weapons return. Asura haven’t an astronomical observatory ? Them who seek answers about the Eternal Alchimy ?

What about this Human in Divinity’s Reach who don’t believe that the Elders Dragons exists ? Now that one was defeated.

(Thank you Kulvar for his assistance in drafting.)

# Asura because I’m worth it!

(edited by Louveepine.7630)

in CDI

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I didn’t see this suggestion, but it may be there but I will leave it any way. We have access to 3 major traits per line. Why not add switchable traits to the minor traits, but you can only use 3. Once you pick 3 the others in that line go to a default trait.

For example, let’s say I put 30 points into a trait line. The new system would have select-able traits in 5,10, 15, 20, 25 and 30. I could then only pick to adjust 3 of those and the rest would go to a default setting. This would give people more options. For balance reasons I could even see only having say, 8 choices for the #25 trait and 6 for #15 and 3 for #5.

I have suggested a secondary trait window altogether before as well in which you can only spec into one or the other. I really think the best horizontal progression lies in new skills, traits, weapons and stat additions. These are things that give us an “expansion’s worth” of content in these two week updates. Besides new races, classes, and permanent areas, these are the types of things we are missing so far with the 2 week content updates.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in CDI

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’ll just leave this one simple (should have been in since launch) suggestion.

Update the hair accessory color choices!

Want to update your toons with new weapons/armor? Sure thing. Want to change your dyes or have a new weap match? Nope you had one choice with your creation that didn’t include many options and you are stuck with it unless you get a makeover kit than you are still left with poor choices.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thanks so much for all of your contribution, passion and support.

Chris

in CDI

Kulvar.1239

Lion’s arch have too many bonuses :

• Center of the map
  • Free access across the Mists
  • Access to the Mists
  • Fractals
  • Portals to everywhere
  • Portals globally leading to Lion’s arch
  • Mystic Forge
  • Concentration of services (workshop, bank, auction house) easy to reach
  • Dungeon Armor Vendors
  • Activities
  • (Currently) Wintersday.

Other capitals seems dead. A rework of the other capitals in order to facilitate crafting by bringing closer workshop, auction house and bank is a first step to make them attractive. Adding exclusive services and content to other capitals will help to revive their usefulness and attractiveness.
With content like Queen’s Jubilee or bonuses moving from capital to capital, you can make people switch and visit them more often instead or standing comfortably in the same city every day.

The Bane in the Black Citadel can be used for a new world boss fight. A giant devourer with piercing stingshots applying poison & bleed, melee pinching, and an earthquake that knockdown people.

Divinity’s Reach can provide God blessings (not combinable) by interacting with a God statue for the current day (reset with dailies).

• Balthazar : +100 Power
  • Dwayna : +100 Heal
  • Melandru : +100 Toughness
  • Grenth : +100 Condition Damage
  • Kormir : +5% Boon Duration
  • Lyssa : -5% Condition Duration

I don’t know what Rata Sum, Hoelbrak or The Grove can provide as bonus, service or activity. If you have any idea, write it !

The idea is that players have a reason to visit each capital once a day !

(edited by Kulvar.1239)

in CDI

Kain Francois.4328

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thanks so much for all of your contribution, passion and support.

Chris

ANET colors are red and white…

ANET is wishing us a Merry Christmas…

IT’S A SANTA NORN CONSPIRACY!

in CDI

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

Guild Halls,Order reputation and mission and non fighting bonus grating costumizable Followers with approval rating and final quest related to their past…this ia it for me,make it happen Chris!

in CDI

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Page 5 Summary – Part 1

General and QoL Improvements
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3408861Duplicate Store Items
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3408892Ascended sellable
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3408965 -Remove Time Gates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409302No Cultural, Armor Restrictions
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409333Build Templates, Class Switching

Cosmetical Improvements
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3408814Visual Armor Tiers
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3408938Themed Backpacks

Gameplay Improvements
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3408938Condition Cap per Attacker
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409303Improve Minion Management/ Minion Skins/New Minions, Petless Ranger Option
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409467More Monster Skills
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409533Redesign of World Bosses
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409533More Jumping Puzzles
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409624Better Replayability
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409932Use more the Gambit System

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in CDI

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Part 2

New Skill & Trait Improvements
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post34087932nd Trait Window
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3408938More impactful Skills/Traits
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409272Master Teacher NPC’s – become Masters
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409287Class Tests

New Features and reimplemented GW1 Features
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3408931Weapon Naming Ticket
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409119New playable Races
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409133Picture Book/ Codex
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409191Skin Index
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409287Fashion Shows
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409337GvG reimplemented
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409463Follower System, Side Quests
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409492Add Minigames, like Polymok (finally)

Achievement and Title Improvements
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409085Regional Achievements/Titles

Crafting Improvements
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409010Craftable Transformation Potions
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409287Crafting Competitions

Dungeon Improvements
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3408938Redesign Dungeon Bosses

Guild Improvements
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409463Add a Log in-Tool
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409467More Guild Missions (in PvP/WvW/Dungeons), Guild Order Factions

Reward and Loot Improvements
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3408965Flexible Dungeon Rewards, Update Karma Vendors
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409085Ways to reduce Costs
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/5#post3409757Dropable Dungeon Tokens outside of Dungeons

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in CDI

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Merry Christmas all!

I think today is worth a mental break… Christmas dinner at some friends house soon, new Doctor Who Christmas special tonight (I’ll miss Matt Smith..), and general family stuff, so hope you all have a great holiday and I’ll reinsert my genius into the thread tomorrow! Unless I don’t.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in CDI

Kulvar.1239

Someone suggest a very nice thing to give Rata Sum an interesting activity !

smekras.8203: Rata Sum is easy… Polymock Arena. Already half installed anyway

in CDI

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Lion’s arch have too many bonuses

Other capitals seems dead. A rework of the other capitals in order to facilitate crafting by bringing closer workshop, auction house and bank is a first step to make them attractive.

A suggestion from my side + horizontal progression

I love Ebonhawk, not because there is crafting available or the opportunity to enter a dungeon, but because of the relatively richness of things to do. I can climb houses, get to beautiful viewpoints and find hidden books about Ebonhawkes lore. Most of all because the city is truely living, a lot of really fun events going on… it’s just awesome.

Now how can we make a city feel more alive + include the horizontal progression conzept? Make your character (accountwide) progress in a cities reputation. I’m not going to talk about the non-grindy way of progressing but rather the rewards, something you get which doesn’t make your character stronger but let’s you have a bigger variety of things to do in cities.

The more reputation you have in a city, the more doors can be opened by you. But what can we find inside the houses?

• one house might be the starting point of a jumping puzzle. From inside you get to the roof from where your puzzle starts.
  • The jumping puzzle may lead you to a chest, but that’s not it. There are certain spots where you can extend the jumping puzzle – build new steps/platforms to unlock more parts of that jumping puzzle. The parts you need for it can be found in other people’s houses.
  • You find an event-npc. Now you can trigger a fun event for you and other players around.

example-events:
-) a checkpoint race (similar like the torch event in Divinity’s reach)
-) three children play hide and seek with you. Stand in a zone for 10 seconds while the children hide – then you can tag them when found. Timelimit: 2 minutes.
-) dance with Furcoat. Furcoat is a npc who invites players to a dance. You enter a stage (groupfriendly activity) and have to stand on the right locations while the floor burns to a certain rhythm. When you’re hit, you are knocked to the ground and are out, until the last one is standing and survives.

In short: the concept is about unlocking new activities in a city by progressing in a city-reputation. New cultural skins are unlocked for citizens loved by the folk.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!