in CDI

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

That’s a realy good summary!

CDI- Guilds- Logistics and QOL

in CDI

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I don’t think Chris made this thread with the purpose of driving away paying customers…

I would rather drive away the paying customers that are looking for a completely different game, than to drive away the paying customers who like the game we’ve got. If you want guilds to be a vital element of the game for every player, something where you need to join specific guilds to max out your crafts or combat abilities, then that’s fine, but do that in another game. I want to be able to max out my crafts and combat abilities without a guild, so far that is possible in this game, and I do not want to see that changed to suit your whims. Sorry.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in CDI

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I don’t think Chris made this thread with the purpose of driving away paying customers…

I would rather drive away the paying customers that are looking for a completely different game, than to drive away the paying customers who like the game we’ve got. If you want guilds to be a vital element of the game for every player, something where you need to join specific guilds to max out your crafts or combat abilities, then that’s fine, but do that in another game. I want to be able to max out my crafts and combat abilities without a guild, so far that is possible in this game, and I do not want to see that changed to suit your whims. Sorry.

I think you’re overreacting to a few things that some people are making as just suggestions. There’s no guarantee anything here is going to be implemented — and the stuff that has less of a reasoning behind it or isn’t nearly as widely supported will have even less of a shot.

The things you’re getting bent out of shape over are things I can’t even fathom actually being implemented. There are suggestions, yes, but they’re just that.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

in CDI

Devata.6589

Isn’t is fair to assume that many paying customer where expecting a game where guilds did where an important element of the game? The game being named Guild Wars. Most won’t know the lore. So guilds having a big role should not be a problem.

You having to join a guild to play the game is not likely ever going to happen. At best you might be locked out of some specific new guild-related content (guild raids for example) otherwise and it’s rewards while you still are able to get items / rewards of the same type in other way. But thats already the case with guild-missions and reward you can only buy with guild commendations.

So I don’t think you have to worry to much.

However to stay more on topic, why don’t you make your concerns visible in the form of a suggestion. Thats what this thread is about in the first place

in CDI

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

I really dont think this CDI serves the purpose of splitting the community into 2 sides and then wait for the better half to remain in the game.

No, this CDI, and future ones, serve as a approaching factor between developer and player in na attempt to find a compromise in the continuous development of GW2, one that serves and reaches all sides and aspects of the game.

Now, to find this compromisse one must avoid the “not, not a chance” and “yes, please go for it” type of statements, but focus on where and how can we help ANet decide what to focus their development.

This most likely will have to bet met at middle ground, where we will lose some things and gain another ones in return, with perhaps the most difficult task sits on how to do it by gaining the most, with the minimum loss and impact possible.

Guilds and everything related to them need to have a more significant impact in the game, and i know most people will agree on that, but ofc ANet will never overlook the player that likes to fly alone, and thus i dont believe ANet will ever make the fact of belonging to a guild something that gives an enormous edge over the lone wolf player.

But, like i said, lets try to find a compromisse here.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

in CDI

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I think you’re overreacting to a few things that some people are making as just suggestions. There’s no guarantee anything here is going to be implemented — and the stuff that has less of a reasoning behind it or isn’t nearly as widely supported will have even less of a shot.

I’m not over-reacting, I’m just making it clear that I don’t want their suggestions to ever see implementation. Since ANet doesn’t talk about things they are working on until they launch, I don’t want six months from new to see those features in the next patch and then have it take six month months for them to fix it. It’s not like I’m leaving the game because they’re suggesting things I don’t like, but if this game became one in which non-guilded players became second class citizens, I might play it a lot less.

Isn’t is fair to assume that many paying customer where expecting a game where guilds did where an important element of the game? The game being named Guild Wars. Most won’t know the lore. So guilds having a big role should not be a problem.

People have been playing this game for two years now, I think its safe to say that while most players might want to see incremental improvements in guild features, they are reasonable comfortable with the nature of guilds in GW2, and the amount of players who would want a fundamental overhaul of them would be relatively small.

Most of the changes recommended in this thread I fully support, I just don’t like the idea of tying guilds into a mandatory endgame leveling system as some have suggested.

At best you might be locked out of some specific new guild-related content (guild raids for example) otherwise and it’s rewards while you still are able to get items / rewards of the same type in other way.

And that much I’m fine with, so long as these guild raids do not present unique rewards that non-guilded players are locked out of. Really though I don’t like the idea of guild raids, they should just be raids, and while a tight knit guild might do better at them since they have more experience working together, you should be able to hotjoin them as well.

However to stay more on topic, why don’t you make your concerns visible in the form of a suggestion. Thats what this thread is about in the first place

Fair enough, Suggestion: Don’t do what that one guy said.

This most likely will have to bet met at middle ground, where we will lose some things and gain another ones in return, with perhaps the most difficult task sits on how to do it by gaining the most, with the minimum loss and impact possible.

Not every situation calls for a middle-ground. Sometimes one side is just wrong and doesn’t deserve to get anything they wanted. If a player suggests something that would make things worse for more players than it makes things better for, then that feature does not deserve to be implemented, even in a “middle-ground” fashion.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

(edited by Ohoni.6057)

in CDI

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

You having to join a guild to play the game is not likely ever going to happen.

aside the small detail it would backfire pretty badly, it would also be unpractical.

At best you might be locked out of some specific new guild-related content (guild raids for example) otherwise and it’s rewards while you still are able to get items / rewards of the same type in other way. But thats already the case with guild-missions and reward you can only buy with guild commendations.

after all, the game already has some “lock”, just think at super-high level fractals.
It would be cool to apply some nice mechanic of progression to how guilds affect the game; the first that come to my mind is adapting WvW ranks to guilds, for example a guild that invest enormous amounts of time, money, and karma into producing -say- guild catapults, will result in better and better catapults. Or maybe they will be able to select ONE specific buff (guild fortify? supply transporter? whatever) to boost over 9k ecc ecc

in CDI

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

FYI i will be back in work tomorrow hurrah!

I will bump the summaries and we can then discuss the main points for one more day before moving onto the proposal and then Guild Halls!!!!!

Chris

P.S: Thanks for all the well wishes!!

in CDI

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

The guilds need Alliance chat.

GOAL OF PROPOSAL

Guilds that are allied with each other need a real time communication tool to keep their alliances strong & healthy. That last game, Guild Wars 1, had a very successful /Alliance chat system.

Under the current GW2 system, it is really difficult for different guilds to have impromptu get-togethers or even just communicate with each other on a regular basis. Guilds currently use mail or whispers to communicate with allied guilds. IF a small or medium sized guild wants to ally with others to take down Triple Wurm, it could take days or weeks to schedule a get together. If a guild needs people for a soon-to-spawn Teq run, they have to whisper each ally on their friends list. The same goes for Dungeon/Fractal guilds, WvW guilds, Roleplaying guilds, and pretty much any guild who is trying to coordinate an impromptu event with allies.

PROPOSAL FUNCTIONALITY

Just add a /Alliance chat.

ASSOCIATED RISKS

None.

(edited by kta.6502)

in CDI

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

Guild halls? no. Guild Airships!!!!!!

GOAL OF PROPOSAL

To give the idea of guild halls more functionality than just a meeting place

PROPOSAL FUNCTIONALITY

GvG airship battles with characters jumping accross to each other, Pirates of the carribean style, siege cannons blasting, mid flight battles through clouds, the epicness we all hoped for when we first saw airships in the trailer.

Upgrade and kit your Guild airship out with siege, repair crews, medical crews, pilots and the like to ready yourselves to set sail!

Take your guild on an airship journy through the mists to discover new undiscovered lands and dungeons! Explore the mysteries and dangers within as a guild group! Beware enemy guilds also discovering these pockets of reality!

Possibilities for expansion are pretty awesome.

ASSOCIATED RISKS

I might explode.

in CDI

Posted by: Tiriyon.8735

Tiriyon.8735

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

GOAL OF PROPOSAL

PROPOSAL FUNCTIONALITY

GvG airship battles with characters jumping accross to each other, Pirates of the carribean style, siege cannons blasting, mid flight battles through clouds, the epicness we all hoped for when we first saw airships in the trailer.

Upgrade and kit your Guild airship out with siege, repair crews, medical crews, pilots and the like to ready yourselves to set sail!

Take your guild on an airship journy through the mists to discover new undiscovered lands and dungeons! Explore the mysteries and dangers within as a guild group! Beware enemy guilds also discovering these pockets of reality!

ASSOCIATED RISKS

I might explode.

OMG the best guild hall suggestion EVER! Not only it adds the guild hall functionality but much much more.

I bet this could never work and will never see light in Tyria, its a too complex idea to implement, it’s a new game entirely, it adds so many aspects and will need years of development.

It would be amazing if it will happen in Tyria…. Awww I brt I’ll dream about this sometime now….

in CDI

Grevender.9235

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

GOAL OF PROPOSAL

PROPOSAL FUNCTIONALITY

ASSOCIATED RISKS

I might explode.

I must admit, this sounds amazing
guilds not rich/powerful enough to access airships, should be able to access at least normal ships (well, I’d expect some to not be able to go past a simple row boat xD )… but talk about end game content, that’s awesome

in CDI

Posted by: Jandopo.2107

Jandopo.2107

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

GOAL OF PROPOSAL

PROPOSAL FUNCTIONALITY

ASSOCIATED RISKS

I might explode.

I really like this idea, but I don’t want it to replace Guild Halls. I’d like to see it as a GvG game mode.

BUT I wonder if ANet has the technical resources to make it happen…

… any words about this, Mr. Whiteside?

in CDI

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Let me get this straight… after the uproar over Skyhammer, we want ArenaNet to make GvG a floating airship mode?

This won’t end well.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in CDI

Grevender.9235

Let me get this straight… after the uproar over Skyhammer, we want ArenaNet to make GvG a floating airship mode?

This won’t end well.

who said it should work only that way? it’s just about giving options, then players will decide if to use them or not….

btw: I can see huge airships sieging SMC or Garrison…. epic. That would need to introduce a whole new set of anti-aircraft siege weapons (I can also hear programmers cry about air collision system but hey xD )

in CDI

Jandopo.2107

btw: I can see huge airships sieging SMC or Garrison…. epic. That would need to introduce a whole new set of anti-aircraft siege weapons (I can also hear programmers cry about air collision system but hey xD )

That… is going a little too far.

What’s the point in having walls if you can fly above them?

Btw, this is not Star Wars, I don’t want to go in WvW and shot airships or spaceships or whatever.

in CDI

Posted by: Randall.7306

Randall.7306

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

GOAL OF PROPOSAL

PROPOSAL FUNCTIONALITY

ASSOCIATED RISKS

I might explode.

This is the most awesome proposal I’ve seen.

The Guild Endgame could be. Fund a Guild. Take a ship. Keep flying.

It’s so Firefly, and it resonates with Neal Stephenson’s The Baroque Cycle, with the Minerva’s crew.

It’s something worth an expansion.

in CDI

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Proposal Overview
Change to Influence, instead of only adding for the guild you are currently representing have it add for all the guilds that you are a part of.
Goal of Proposal
Combat the idea of 100% rep. Maybe it’s just me but I feel that the idea of 100% rep goes against the idea of 5 guilds that I think is a great idea GW2 had.
Proposal Functionality
Currently many guilds require 100% rep because they then get all the influence you acquire. Which makes sense, if everyone is chipping in it’s easier to maintain buffs and run guild missions and basically just use the cool tools guilds have. But, what are my other 4 guilds for then? Of course one of them is a personal bank if you’re a hoarder like me. But then I still have 3 spots sitting there. If influence were the same whether you 100% rep or not I think most would be more willing to have people be part of the guild without having to be devoted solely to that guild. I always figured the 5 guilds were so you could have different guilds for different activities. I could have a WvW, a World boss, a PVP, and a Dungeon guild for example. But currently that just doesn’t really work because they each want me to rep them constantly.
Associated Risks
It would lessen the devotion to a single guild, I could see how some would say that’s bad. But, I think it’s a worthwhile loss to get the full effect of the 5 guild slots.

For your info, my guild is 100% rep and we didn’t enforce 100% because of influence.
I don’t understand why people saying guilds enforce 100% rep because of influence. Just because some lesser guilds do that doesn’t mean all guilds do that.

He didn’t say your guild enforces 100% rep because of influence, just that many guilds do. We say that many guilds do because we have personally seen/heard about guilds who do this.

in CDI

timmyf.1490

This won’t end well.

who said it should work only that way? it’s just about giving options, then players will decide if to use them or not….

I understand, but you also have to consider resource constraints. How many maps do you think GvG would launch with? 20? 10?

I bet it’s more like 2 or 3. That means that Flying Airship GvG That Everybody Hates Because It’s So Gimmicky And The Other Guild Just Brings Lots Of Knockbacks And Fears Why Did They Not Listen To Us After Skyhammer?!?! I’m Not Buying Gems Ever Again QQ map constitutes a huge wasted opportunity.

I think airships are way cool and I’d love to see where ArenaNet can incorporate them, but GvG doesn’t seem like the right place. That said, I’m not really involved in the GvG community, so maybe I’m totally wrong about that.

in CDI

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

I bet it’s more like 2 or 3. That means that Flying Airship GvG That Everybody Hates Because It’s So Gimmicky And The Other Guild Just Brings Lots Of Knockbacks And Fears Why Did They Not Listen To Us After Skyhammer?!?! I’m Not Buying Gems Ever Again QQ map constitutes a huge wasted opportunity.

I wouldn’t hire an airship builder to build me an airship without safety rails XD

in CDI

Grevender.9235

That… is going a little too far.

What’s the point in having walls if you can fly above them?

ahem actually this is what happens normally whenever air combat happens. Btw, this is one of the many plotholes in GW2 gameplay: everyone knows there are Airships (they are parked in EOTM for example), yet no one uses them in actual combat.
I have no memory of any similar episode in human history, I mean, whenever war occurs, military use of whatever can be effective is primary goal…. yet GW2 “forget” about this tiny detail

Btw, this is not Star Wars, I don’t want to go in WvW and shot airships or spaceships or whatever.

I am sure if they will ever be implemented no one will force you into using them…

in CDI

timmyf.1490

I wouldn’t hire an airship builder to build me an airship without safety rails XD

Hahaha an airship map without the ability to knock people off the airships would be acceptable.

in CDI

Grevender.9235

I think airships are way cool and I’d love to see where ArenaNet can incorporate them, but GvG doesn’t seem like the right place. That said, I’m not really involved in the GvG community, so maybe I’m totally wrong about that.

I totally hate skyhammer, it’s cool on paper but doesn’t deliver because of its own mechanic (just bring fear/knockback and you feel skilled).
This said, let me further clarify: I absolutely didn’t mean to embed Airship combat in GvG, I was speaking very generally and merely speculating over general WvW warfare (seeing some heavy airships bombarding you on the head may encourage anti-zerg behaviours…which is something I welcome with open arms); this said, I would like to see all guilds given the option to use them in actual GvG events, as an added mechanic and not as the only/forced way to do it.
I hope this helps clarify?
Also, from my understanding, so far devs -at least in this thread- are trying to broaden our choices rather than restricting/forcing.

in CDI

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

+1 for guild airships. Airships in general are one of my favorite things in fantasy. Maybe separate from guild halls though .Ooh you could launch from your guild hall and various pieces of future content could make use of it , imaging fighting Kralkatorrik where there’s a dozen actual guilds airships involved or a special WvW map that allows for airship drops and strike teams to be deployed from them ( I think I suggested something like that in a previous CDI).

Some issues I can see would be
-Existing airships may not actually move ( I think the one in Arah is actually the map moving with you stationary) so that would take some resources.
-If it’s a usable version altitude, landing mechanics, minimum height and WvW would have to be considered (WvW is actually fairly easy , shield generators to prevent landings has to be destroyed like a wall).
- Lots of new in game models, there are two existing airship models and the smaller common version would be unsuitable for guild use so they’d have to create a couple of new airship models and then there’s customization options that would be needed within the airship.

I’m all for it and I dibs the Glory of Tyria. But we’d need a feasibility report from Chris.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

in CDI

timmyf.1490

I would like to see all guilds given the option to use them in actual GvG events, as an added mechanic and not as the only/forced way to do it.
I hope this helps clarify?

I’m going to use hyperbole to hopefully explain better. Bear with me for a moment.

I would like for Guild Wars 2 to create a fully-realistic art museum showing the history of Tyria. Think the Louvre, but in-game. It should have at least a few thousand high-quality works of art that I can walk by and view.

In addition, to replicate a tour experience, each work of art should have a voice-acted “tour guide” button that explains the piece and its historical significance.

If you don’t care about art or lore, just skip it. It’s an option. Nobody’s forcing you to do anything.

Okay, did you catch what I did there? That optional thing I just suggested would take man-decades of art team and writer work as well as thousands upon thousands (or perhaps millions?) of budget dollars in voice-acting.

Resources are constrained. ArenaNet can only do so much. When considering any idea, you can’t just look at the idea itself. You must also consider whether it requires resources which could be better used elsewhere.

So when I say that GvG Airships are a bad idea, it’s not strictly because they aren’t fun or wouldn’t be interesting for about 20 minutes before everybody switches to Necro and Engineer, it’s because the limited resources available to make, test, and perfect GvG maps should not be working on such a niche, gimmicky application.

Hopefully that helps explain myself a little better.

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

Please find below Orpheal’s summary for the CDI below:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-CDI-The-Complete-Summary-Edition/first#post4419141

What are the top 3 improvements you would like to see to Guilds in regard QOL and Logistics.

Once we have a good idea of folks favorites we can have a final discussion.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

@Chris -

Guild Calendar
Multi-Guild Chat Window
Deeper level of Guild Vault permissions

I picked the three that I think would be fairly easy to implement, but would also have a fairly large impact on guilds. So, the “more bang for your buck” approach.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

in CDI

timmyf.1490

Chris-

1. Guild Chat Upgrades (chat remains after character switch, toggleable chat from multiple guilds)
2. Guild Calendar
3. Nobody commented on it, but I really love my Guild Notification Area idea from here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Guilds-Logistics-and-QOL/4399037

in CDI

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

@Chris

1. Guild Recruiting tools.
    There were a few variations on how this could be implemented mentioned.
  2. Multi-Guild chat window.
  3. Guild API Functions.
    If this is done properly players could develop a lot of QOL features for themselves until some of the features come in game and tie with the API. Much like timers and other items exist for WvW.
In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in CDI

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Top 3
1. Alliances. This could be my top 3 by itself.
2. Chat channels(small group, multi-guild & world chat)
3. Guild events scheduler and motd/“profile” enhancements

in CDI

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

1. Guild Calendar
2. No suppression for guild leader mailing to members (mass mailing to guild would be good too)
3. More chat functionality (officer chat)

Note that i would be against all of these ideas if it took developer resources away from, or delayed, developing new guild missions or guild mission types. That is what I most want to see.

in CDI

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Q. What are the top 3 improvements you would like to see to Guilds in regard QOL and Logistics.
A.

1. Guild Bank Security and Functionality
  2. Guild Management Logistics
  3. Guild Alliance QoL addition

in CDI

Jandopo.2107

1. More Guild Emblems and Customization Options.

2. Guild Name/Tag on claimed Keeps/Towers in WvW.

3. Guild Tag on chat.

in CDI

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

1. Guild Calendar
  2. Multi Guild chat
  3. Guild commander tag (or rework Commander tag so it is visible only to guild members)
Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

in CDI

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

1. Multi guild chat
2. Calendar
3. Alliances

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in CDI

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Q. What are the top 3 improvements you would like to see to Guilds in regard QOL and Logistics.

1. Guild Alliances and general related feature ( GvG content, alliance chat, alliance logistics)
2. Guild calendar and recruitment tools
3. Guild vault permissions and logistics management.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

1: Alliances
2: More Chat Channels inc Multi Guild Chat Pane
3: More guild customization in WvW such a Tag on Keeps, Guild Siege Skins, Guild Flares etc

Chris

4: The ability to fire Asuran Special Forces into Enemy Keeps with a special Guild Trebuchet!!!!

in CDI

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

1.) Alliances
2.) A toggle in order to see guild member “Dots” on the mini map in PvE and WvW w/out having to be partied
3.) More options for sorting rosters

4.) Seeing my msg. of the day in the chat window which you already “sold” me, Chris :P After your illness, I didn’t want you to forget, but it looks like you are still in the throes of a fever dream with that Asura Catapult thing you just said

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in CDI

Grevender.9235

1) Alliance system
2) Improved Management System
3) Improved Banking system

in CDI

Grevender.9235

Chris

4: The ability to fire Asuran Special Forces into Enemy Keeps with a special Guild Trebuchet!!!!

as per attachment

Attachments:

in CDI

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

@Chris

1. Guild Recruiting tools.
    There were a few variations on how this could be implemented mentioned.
  2. Multi-Guild chat window.
  3. Guild API Functions.
    If this is done properly players could develop a lot of QOL features for themselves until some of the features come in game and tie with the API. Much like timers and other items exist for WvW.

These are mine as well, however 1 for me would be server only chat.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in CDI

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

They don’t need to be Special Forces, and if I can aim them AT the walls instead of OVER walls, we’re good here.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in CDI

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

What are the top 3 improvements you would like to see to Guilds in regard QOL and Logistics.

1. More granularity in guild permissions (specifically missions, admin ranks, bank access).
2. Visibility of chat in non-repped guilds.
3. Guild calender.

4. +1 on Asura Special Forces trebuchets.

in CDI

Posted by: Tsin Tsun Than.6352

Tsin Tsun Than.6352

1. Multi-guild chat system

2. Alliances

3. Tools for recruting new members.

in CDI

Devata.6589

Hi All,

Please find below Orpheal’s summary for the CDI below:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-CDI-The-Complete-Summary-Edition/first#post4419141

Once we have a good idea of folks favorites we can have a final discussion.

Chris

More permissions. (That’s from being able to select who can invite up to settings more speific permissions for the bank).

More detailed member informations. And being able to use that. (Thats stuff like seeing how much people represented over a given period (Graph) or how much influence they used ad so on. And then the ability do something with it means making a selection with that information to mail paople or to set as auto-rank and so on).

Guild-calendar. (Where also member can set up events making ‘rules’ for joining (maximum 2 warriors) )

But really a top-3 is not ‘fear’ towards all other suggestions because I would want many of those just as much.

in CDI

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

1+2+3: A guild-calendar.
Like “9.24.14 6PM: Personal Story group”, “9.22.14 4PM: Map exploration group”

in CDI

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

1. More granularity in guild permissions (specifically missions, admin ranks, bank access).
3. Guild calender.

I don’t understand all the votes for a calendar. Every free forum and some social media services have free calendars that people can use. I think the easiest solution to posting events in-game would just be MotD being put into guild chat on login or rep change.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in CDI

Devata.6589

Isn’t that more WvW? Anyway somebody beat you about 1,5 year with a similar suggestion

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/WvW-needs-more-resourcefulness-and-less-zergs/first#post1183822

I still preferred my suggestion in that thread of taking over a camp and using the enemy flag and then being able to hide in the Dolyak.

in CDI

Devata.6589

3. Guild calender.

I don’t understand all the votes for a calendar. Every free forum and some social media services have free calendars that people can use. I think the easiest solution to posting events in-game would just be MotD being put into guild chat on login or rep change.

I even build my own calendar system om the guild-website (more based on the game then the general calendars) but many members simply don’t like to go / use external sources including sites.

In addition if it’s in there game there are also more options. Like notifications about upcoming events or setting a buff / guild-mission to start at a specific time and that sort of things.

Thats why I would still like to see it in the game.

in CDI

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

I can see it now, a scattershot of Asura Engineers flying over SMC dropping grenades on everyone.

…which begs the question, if an engineer hits the wall, will his hobosack explode doing siege damage to the wall?