CDI- Guilds- Logistics and QOL

in CDI

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ok, here’s hoping my post went through — first time the new page bug has gotten me.

edit: Phew, it did. Page-holder post!

in CDI

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Gain influence from non-repping members at a reduced rate.
Improved guild chat.
Guild alliances.

agree with the first 2.
Alliances in the gw1 sense I dont think are needed if inf is earned for each guild and one can see guild chat from each.

I’ll admit, I see the three as somewhat overlapping if done correctly.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in CDI

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Proposal Overview
Map reputation , More limit before spam filter kick in.

Goal of Proposal
Make sure that people organizing on open map have easier time on map chat especially for guild without voice communication running.

Proposal Functionality
Have an option when right clicking name to give that person some Reputation stack which allow that person to type more before spam filter kick in. This also might be used to suppress gold seller as well.Person with negative reputation may spam as usual but players have option to ignore spam by turning on the filter.This stack will not carry over when changing map ,log out or switching server.

Associated Risks
Some gold seller might bypass this mechanic by putting more bots to boost reputation before start spamming.Also people who have prejudge or grudge might abuse it.

(edited by LONGA.1652)

in CDI

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I don’t know if it’s been brought up or not. But what about having more options for guild banks, especially for those who have created personal guilds for bank storage? Like being able to deposit the obscene amounts of bloodstone dust/empyreal fragments/dragonite ore.

Maybe have a check box upon creating a guild that denotes the guild a personal storage area or something.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in CDI

Posted by: FQDN.2508

FQDN.2508

-Towns being un-mega servered for easier Recruiting
It’s hard to find a guild that’s active on your server if you want to WvW.

-Individual Guild Chat Channels

-Guild related WvW improvements for claiming locations
Might actually guild a reason to defend a bit more.

in CDI

Posted by: nennedot.3710

nennedot.3710

1. WvW claiming System improvements: can’t claim without any buffs active, lose claim when all buffs run out, maybe some small advantage to guilds while they’ve got something claimed
2. Guild communication: massmail to all guild members or just certain ranks
3. Guild Halls/GvG

in CDI

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

1) Guild Halls
2) Guild Capes
3) More guild puzzles.

in CDI

Posted by: Yogurt.2160

Yogurt.2160

GvG, GH, capes.

GWAMM
GW>GW2
Bring Back Cantha, Elona, GvGs…

in CDI

Posted by: Rypo Falem.8913

Rypo Falem.8913

1. Guild halls. Heck, just take pieces of maps you already have and throw some NPCs in there and call it a day.

2. Guild instances. Instance of a map for your guild so you can do tequatl or guild missions without interference, if your guild/alliance is big enough and that is what you wish. Only one instance can be active at a time and they should be relatively expensive or time gated so specialized instances are a special event, not the norm.

3. Recruiting channel or LFG recruiting section.

in CDI

Posted by: Aeromu.9134

Aeromu.9134

1) Guild Hall
2) Guild wide Mails
3) More guild missions to increase guild membership value.

in CDI

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

There are so many good suggestions .____.

Since this is QOL and discussions on Guild Hall/Raid/GvG will be on another CDI phase (assuming I read correctly)

1. Implemention of a Guild Calendar Function
2. Guild wide Bulletin Boards/ Mails
3. Rank System Improvements for Horizontal/Vertical Ranks

I think able to send a guild mail is far better than having the MOTD popping up.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in CDI

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

1. Guild Messages on Login
2. Guild Calendar
3. Last Represented

in CDI

Posted by: yawg.4172

yawg.4172

1) Guild MotD on login
2) Guild Halls
3) Guild Raids

Seriously, that MotD on login for GW1 was perfect, that’s all we really need, MotD printed in chat box on login!

Yawg
Ready and Willing Knights [RAWK] Leader – Founding Member (10 Years of GW!)

in CDI

Posted by: Ganynn.3745

Ganynn.3745

1. Guild Hall, GvG, Guild Cape

2. Guild API Functions for Management outside of Game

3. Gain Influence also from Non-repping Players at a reduced rate.

in CDI

Posted by: Kylindra.1794

Kylindra.1794

Message of the Day/Guild Information:
Instead of just a MOTD, we need a Guild Information section where we can put unchanging information like Teamspeak info and website link. That way, we can use the MOTD as an actual message of the DAY, and update it more frequently. The MOTD should show up in Guild Chat when 1) the player logs in 2) changes to repping the guild from another guild or 3) the message changes. That way people SEE it.

Guild Calendar
The most important feature of a guild calendar would be for everyone to see the information in their OWN time zone. So I should be able to schedule an event for 10 pm EST and have my guildmates on the West Coast see it as 7pm PST. Event reminders would be swell, also. Option to receive reminders for ALL guilds you’re in vs. just the guild you’re repping would be great, or even a granular way to turn on/off calendar messages on a per guild basis for bonus points. For super extra bonus points, a system like WoW when you RSVP to events and only get notices on events you’ve said YES to. I run a guild but am also in TTS on the side, I’d like to get notices when they’re doing a run sometimes but not every time, even when I’m repping my own guild.

Guild Mail
Guild leaders and officers should NOT be subject to mail suppression to guild members, and if possible there should be a mass-mail system to send to everyone in the guild. Ability to send unlimited guild mail or use a mass-mailing system should be a permission settable by rank so we can give it to both officers and special roles like commanders or event leaders. I would be fine with limits on how often a guild-wide-mass-mail could be sent, it’s not something we would need to do more than once a month probably. But I should never get throttled when I go to send out contest prizes to more than 3 people.

(edited by Kylindra.1794)

in CDI

Posted by: Gwylen.3462

Gwylen.3462

1. Guild Calender Function
2. Viewable Guild Chats also without Representation
3. Guild Messages on Login

Are my top 3 Guild Halls would be awesome too, but these 3 would definitely help improve the QoL for guilds, especially for those who are members of more than one guild

Gwylen (Aurora Glade [EU])

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharGwyl

in CDI

Posted by: kyonethree.9814

kyonethree.9814

Officer Chat
Guild Officer Chat channel with its own MOTD (that shows up upon login), so that we can let officers know about any special situations that might be going on. We’ve had compromised accounts take advantage of our Guild Bank and needed to make “policy” changes quickly. We have out-of-game communication, but it would be good to notify officers in-game if they haven’t seen the out-of-game messages.

Upgrade Queue Management
Larger queue.
Option to speed up an item fully in one go, rather than one quarter at a time.
Make it easier to find items we care about:

• “Guild Missions” tab
  • “Guild Boosts” tab
  • Or just a “Favorites” tab

(edited by kyonethree.9814)

in CDI

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

1) Guild Callendar
2) Mail to all Members at once
3) Guild MotD on login

Trust me. I’m engineer

in CDI

Posted by: Zesbeer.8365

Zesbeer.8365

Top 3
1. Guild Event Calendar
2. Alliances with guesting and chat
3. Improved guild chat to allow for being able to see chat from non represented guilds

in CDI

Posted by: Lannah.1283

Lannah.1283

Guild alliances with an option to share chat.

An option for large alliances to create a new map instance (two per day max, to prevent spammage) and keep it “reserved” for alliance members for 2 minutes max. Members should join the map via a button in the guild panel. Could impose a requirement of 50+ alliance members confirming in the guild panel that they wish to join the new map once it’s created, similar to the WvW queues. Such maps could auto-close after 1 hour.

An option for guild leaders to send a guild-wide alert – a single line of text – to all members, be they representing or not at the time (e.g. “guild missions starting in 5 min, pls join us on TS if you wish to take part”). The guild panel could give members the option to turn off such alerts for each guild individually.

(edited by Lannah.1283)

in CDI

Posted by: Chaoslord.5439

Chaoslord.5439

1. Guild Commander Tag
2. Guild Halls with upgrades and achievements
3. Improved guild events/activities

in CDI

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

1. Guild Capes
2. Guild Halls
3. More Guild activities/events

in CDI

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Proposal Overview
An updated GW2 guild messenger client
Goal of Proposal
To provide guild members updates from the guilds they join (representation or not) related to what agendas does the give have in store for a particular date and time as well as a way to chat or send/receive PMs with them be they outside the game or not.
Proposal Functionality
This is based on my experience with Steam and Battle.net’s client where you basically link every game under NCSoft’s or Arenanet’s library to be played under a single client. You can just log in and you don’t need to enter the game to receive messages from your friends/guildmates or even get an alarm for easy reminding.
Associated Risks
1. Assuming that you intend such a client to be exclusive to Anet developed games (in this case every Guild Wars game), then GW1 would need to be updated to be played on that client.
2. Naturally if you are logged off or online, you can’t receive your updates.
3. Some people may find such a feature very intrusive and annoying if there is no such way to disable this feature.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in CDI

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

has the Guild Mission activation issue been rectified ? we are facing problems every week where trolls are activating guild mission even though according to access control those troll do not have authority to do so…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in CDI

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

1. Guild Chat API
2. Guild mission activation
3. Guild hall

Magumer Ranger

in CDI

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

Reading through posts, not many people have suggested about guild slots?

- Increase slots past 500 (Mega Server Guild)
- Guild Communications (Guild chat, Guild commander tag, Guild Halls)
- Guild Benefits (Longer buffs, consolidate banners)

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

in CDI

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

1. Guild Halls
2. Alliances + Alliance chat/the alliance features that existed in GW1 brought over to GW2 minus any tempting changes to the functionality.
3. More guild based activities

in CDI

Posted by: Frog Knight.8560

Frog Knight.8560

1. Guild Halls
2. Alliances + Alliances chat
3. More guild activities / daily guild mission

in CDI

Posted by: HAPPYcat.6479

HAPPYcat.6479

1. Guild halls
2. Guild alliances
3. Guild capes

in CDI

Posted by: Viraldi.9610

Viraldi.9610

CAPES
MOUNTS
HALLS

(edited by Viraldi.9610)

in CDI

Posted by: One Dragon.9463

One Dragon.9463

1. Guild Calender
2. Achievable Guild Missions for the smaller guilds

in CDI

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

1. Make it easier for small guilds to participate in missions that earn them commendations/merits(through alliances, scaling, new missions, w/e)
2. Guild Calendar (and in game notifications/reminders of events)
3. Multi-guild chat

(edited by Selene.9415)

in CDI

Posted by: Dragon.7243

Dragon.7243

1. Make it easier for small guilds to participate in missions that earn them commendations/influence (in guild instances, so bounties don’t get sniped)
2. Guild Calendar

in CDI

Posted by: Raikiri.3150

Raikiri.3150

1. Enhance Guild related missions and other activities to allow for smaller guilds to earn rewards
2. Guild Calendar
3. Guild Hall

in CDI

Posted by: Inazuma.6107

Inazuma.6107

Proposal Overview
Add the location of the Guildies in the Guild Roster

Goal of Proposal
This way I can see what my Guildies are up to, if they are in an instance on a different server than mine I now just see their server and not the current location

Proposal Functionality
Replace “Server Name” with “Location [Server Name]” in the Guild Roster so that it works like the Friendlist

Associated Risks
None

Proposal Overview
Add Alliances

Goal of Proposal
I can can interact with more quality players than the ones in my guild

Proposal Functionality
– Allow one Guild to form an alliance
– Allow to invite other Guilds to the Alliance
– Add an alliance chat
– Done

- [OPTIONAL] Allow to partecipate in Guild Missions of an allied Guild, without requiring an invite to their roster.
– I don’t propose to add anything like cities control as in GW1 on a first iteration

Associated Risks
People will PUG less

in CDI

Posted by: avan.2803

avan.2803

1. Guild mail/ reduce mail filter – possibly through rank permissions
2. Show last rep and/or rep donation totals -if I had to choose I would pick last rep
3. Message of the day in chat on login or rep change

in CDI

Posted by: Ironfist.2895

Ironfist.2895

Proposal Overview
Guild Mission “Buddy” System

Goal of Proposal
Give a way for Small guilds to gain merits more easily by either inviting other guilds to join their missions, or inviting a player to join the mission and gain the standard guild member reward without them having to join the guild its self providing an incentive for them to help

Proposal Functionality
Add 2 new options available to people who have both “Admin Lower Ranks” and “Mission Control” permission while a Guild Mission is active.
First option “Invite player to join Mission” This will give the invited player the mission rewards upon completion even though they don’t belong to the guild.
Second option “Invite Guild to join Mission” this adds the mission to the Mission panel of the invited guild, this gives a couple of options “Accept” and “Activate Mission” and “Decline”.
“Accept” allows all members to gain the reward, and on completion of the mission along with gives some influence (say 3000 like current bounty training).
“Activate Mission” consumes an upgrade for that mission type and allows the invited guild to gain the merits associated provided the mission is complete, possibly with some bonus influence as an extra reward for helping out.
“Decline” does the obvious and removes the offer from the mission panel

Associated Risks
Some cap would need to be added to the number of invited players or guilds that can join together so that you don’t end up with loads of mega guilds zerging t3 bounties together. Also, maybe a reduced reward on completing a mission as a guest if you have already completed it this week as an incentive to help (single roll on bonus chest loot table with possibility to get the bonus items maybe?)

Also my Top 3 are

1. ^ This post / better Guild Mission functionality for small Guilds
2. Guild Halls
3. Access to all joined Guild chats

in CDI

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

1.) Alliances
2.) Guild Calendar/Mailing system
3) Guild permission changes (invite/kick separate permissions etc..)

Necromancer Main

in CDI

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

1. Guild message on login
2. Last Representing time
3. More guild missions (rush/puzzle/challenge)

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

in CDI

Posted by: Twilla.9372

Twilla.9372

1. Guild chats for guilds (not cleared when relogged)
2. Guild bank improvements (stacking, double click, guild materials)
3. Guild members in mini map
4. Alliances

in CDI

Posted by: Suth.8567

Suth.8567

1) Guild Halls
2) Guild Calendar
3) Account Names to Character Name

in CDI

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Guild Halls

Multiple guild chats in one channel:
1. <ENVY:> Whozit: Yeehaw!
2. <DEAD:> Yarrmeepyarr: Stuff!
/g Oddments
1. <ENVY:> Ardeth: Oddments
/g2 Arglebargle
2. <DEAD:> Ardeth: Arglebargle

I realise this could get spammy pretty fast, but I get asked to new guilds all the time and it would be nice to be able to chill with some of them at once, but since I can only rep one at a time I never accept invites.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Sylv.5324)

in CDI

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

1. Multi-guild chat
2. Guild bank improvements (stacking, double click, guild materials)
3. Alliances

in CDI

Posted by: Shizuka Mato.2798

Shizuka Mato.2798

Proposal Overview
Guild Event Calendar

Goal of Proposal
create a fast and easy way to schedule guild events without having to send out mail or whispers to your guild.

Proposal Functionality
Under the guild window there would be a calendar tab with a plan blank calendar

• ability to add events
    • date and time info along with ingame waypoint or poi
    • ability to have the event span across more than one day
    • ability to have events repeat like when make up guild missions take place ect.
  • rank options for who can add, remove, edit and view
  • option to be able to be mailed a summary (per player so if a player wants to opt out of it they can)
  • option to turn on anet events ( things like feature patch updates or pvp/wvw tournament starts)

Associated Risks

• spam
  • inappropriate language or events added
  • conflicting events with other guilds (note that every guild would have there own and other guilds would not be able to see them unless you were a member of that guild)

I like that idea. I would like to add

*option for guild members to sign in or out (like a raid calendar)

in CDI

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

According to your arguments, it means that solo player should be able to earn commendations without joining a guild, right?

Ideally, yes, they should, but short of that, I’m fine with it so long as the things you can ONLY buy with commendations are not excessively useful. For example you can buy Ascended Accessories with Commendations, but they are not super vital to have, and you can also buy them with Laurels.

But yes, ideally solo players could have methods of earning Commendations, perhaps by participating in guild events that happen nearby, whether they are in the guild or not.

Here I quote. Btw, what is your definition of a medieval guild?

The definition that he was apparently insisting on, the original use of the word as a trade union. It really doesn’t apply to how MMO guilds function, except in very craft-heavy games like SWG.

I don’t know. Many of your opinions seems to be towards being individualistic rather than guild oriented which is one of the points of the CDI.

The point is to define what guilds should be. People that are very guild-oriented should no more define that outcome than people who are very raid focused should define raids (the answer to that one would be massively complex and time consuming raids that are absolutely essential to getting the best gear in the game).

I’m clearly coming at this discussion from the perspective of someone who doesn’t want to need a strong guild, but that is a fair perspective that some unknown thousands of players share. I expect many of you want to run a strong guild, and to have that position give you a lot of personal strength, and that’s a fair position to advocate, but I’m here to look out for the little guy who doesn’t want to feel sidelined by the rise of the mega-corporation.

I’m favorable to certain changes to guilds that make them easier to communicate and play with, but I am definitely opposed to anything that give a guilded player significant advantage over a non-guilded one.

Guilds should be about playing the same game as everyone else, only with a strong communication and coordination tool that makes it easier for them to play together. Guilds should not be about playing a higher level of game than other players have access to, with superior rewards.

For the record, just to get it on record, I have my own personal guild, of which I’m the only member, that has the full bank suite and a little left over, and I also recently joined another guild that is quite nice, but I mainly hook up with them on weekends to run the guild missions, and honestly I mostly prefer to do other types of activities, but I wanted to pick up some of those sweet, sweet Commendations. I have alts to feed. They’re nice guys but guild missions are kinda lame.

Ideally I could rep my own guild (which has a cooler icon, no offense guys), while always having their guild chat active, and only really run content with them when we both wanted to do the same type of content at the same time.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in CDI

Posted by: Ray.6149

Ray.6149

1. Guild Hall+GvG
2. Guild Missions
3. Guild Cape

Cavalieri Del Destino [CDD] – Piken Square
www.cavalierideldestino.com

in CDI

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

1. Guild capes
2. Guild capes
3. Guild capes

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in CDI

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Mine:

• 1: Better guild mission permissions/control (interaction + credit)
  • 2: Mass communication methods (whisper/mail to rank(s))
  • 3: Social section inside the guild panel (social blog/wall style)

It’s a pity the thread got invaded by people asking for new features, when the topic is clearly not that. Hope the next time the different topics get different threads at the same time to avoid this, or at least talk about the most sensible ones first so we can focus better on the secondary but not less important matters.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in CDI

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Guild halls and Guild calendar. I would also love to see guild perks, which could be set up along the lines of doing a particular amount of events and quests in a particular region which then allows a small perk for selling, crafting etc. at those local area vendors. For instance a 2 % increase in sell value or 5 % increase in salvaging, or possibly even the ability to build a mystic forge in the area.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)

in CDI

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

1) Alliances
2) Calendar

^The two big ones for me. If alliances don’t get implemented, then multi-guild chat would replace it at the top of my list (although it would still have use even if alliances are implemented). I can’t pick something for my third most wanted feature so I’ll instead give a shoutout to:

-Mass messaging
-Guild tags
-Recruitment board

Didn’t mention Guild Halls, GvG, and capes since those don’t really fit the current topic, but I’d like to see those implemented as well.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]