CDI- Guilds- Logistics and QOL

in CDI

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

So do you plan for Phase 2 Guild Halls to start on Monday then?

Correct (-:

We should finish of anymore discussion and the top 3’s today and over the weekend.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: UncleWinston.5410

UncleWinston.5410

Hope this isn’t too late.

Proposal Overview
Remove “Kick From Guild” option from the party drop down menu. Another option would be to add an “Are you sure you want to kick SoAndSo from guild?”
Goal of Proposal
It is easy to select the “Kick From Guild” option in the party drop down menu by mistake when attempting to kick a party member using the “Kick From Party”. I’ve only done it a few times myself since the game released and I have had a few officers do it as well. It’s a minor issue but still one that could be resolved quickly and simply.
Proposal Functionality
Removing the option would prevent accidental guild kicks when trying to party kick. Adding the follow-up question would also prevent accidental kicks.
Associated Risks
Whenever seeking to kick a member from guild, it would be necessary to use the Guild Panel instead of having a shot cut in party, thus adding time to anyone who wants to kick a guildmate from guild while in party with them. Adding the follow-up question would add more time for anyone who does want to kick a guildmate from guild using the party menu.

in CDI

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Hope this isn’t too late.

Proposal Overview
Remove “Kick From Guild” option from the party drop down menu. Another option would be to add an “Are you sure you want to kick SoAndSo from guild?”
Goal of Proposal
It is easy to select the “Kick From Guild” option in the party drop down menu by mistake when attempting to kick a party member using the “Kick From Party”. I’ve only done it a few times myself since the game released and I have had a few officers do it as well. It’s a minor issue but still one that could be resolved quickly and simply.
Proposal Functionality
Removing the option would prevent accidental guild kicks when trying to party kick. Adding the follow-up question would also prevent accidental kicks.
Associated Risks
Whenever seeking to kick a member from guild, it would be necessary to use the Guild Panel instead of having a shot cut in party, thus adding time to anyone who wants to kick a guildmate from guild while in party with them. Adding the follow-up question would add more time for anyone who does want to kick a guildmate from guild using the party menu.

Yup I agree, and hope we dont have to wait for a feature patch for this as it could be easily slipped into any patch (shouldn’t be too hard of a change)

in CDI

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

1.) Guild Halls
2.) Large Scale GvG (unique PvE/PvP zones to be exact)
3.) More Guild Accessories (capes, scarfs, robes, armor, etc)

in CDI

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

OK. I’ve waited to see if the topic would come back around to this but doesn’t appear to be any time soon to I’ll just put it now.
Goal
Making there be a sense of a single guild system with out hurting community, friends and family guilds.

Proposal Overview
Use the Alliance and Guild Hall system to create a multi-guild system still based around having one major guild.

Proposal
Create a “main guild” feel while keeping 5 guilds but making one specifically outstanding. This can be accomplished by making a “main guild” and 4 minor guilds. You can only represent your main guild and switch your main guild every 2 weeks in order to keep it away from the rep system and feel like when you choose it, your stuck with it for at least a little while. There are also certain benefits involved with your main guild, like being part of that guilds alliance accessing alliance chat and alliance functions. You can’t access the alliances of your minor guilds on the other hand. You can also only access the guild gall of your main guild and other possible functions that will be put in place. This is also to avoid having 5 guilds and 5 different alliances going on since that would be far to much chaos and access to different groups for one player. The goal is that your major guild is the one you want to progress with. Like a hardcore WvW guild, a PvE speed runners guild or a Spvp guild. Its who you want to make a name for. While the minor guilds are things like; community, friend guilds or even family guilds. That way you have still have these forming and keeping together with out punishing the people who make them, like you would in a single guild system. You can always access the chat of your major guild but only one chat of a minor guild. And in order minor guild members there would be a specific note by their name in the guild roster and a cap for minor guilds that doesn’t take away from the 500 member cap we currently have. That way large guilds don’t get punished for staying in touch with old guild mates via. the minor guild system. As i said earlier, minor guilds cannot appear by or above your name, as they are not guilds you would be recruiting for. Community guilds and guilds of that nature don’t have a major need to represent because they generally have their own methods to recruiting.

Potential Risks
One risk is that people will be torn between two guilds that require them to be major members and people are forced to choose between them at the beginning.

But its not really much of a risk, just ask one if you can minor, which should probably be OK for most guilds since minor members are not involved in the cap but can still be involved in most else. You might not be involved in some of the guild’s major events but you still keep friends.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in CDI

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Potential Risks
One risk is that people will be torn between two guilds that require them to be major members and people are forced to choose between them at the beginning.

But its not really much of a risk, just ask one if you can minor, which should probably be OK for most guilds since minor members are not involved in the cap but can still be involved in most else. You might not be involved in some of the guild’s major events but you still keep friends.

I think you are really underestimating that risk.

Any Alliance system in GW2 should avoid changing the current multi-guilding system. No new system should remove existing flexibility unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

I would hope ArenaNet has learned that lesson after a few missteps.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in CDI

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Proposal Overview
Use the Alliance and Guild Hall system to create a multi-guild system still based around having one major guild.

I would be fine with this, so long as there aren’t any mechanical advantages to having a “main guild” and you can still do guild activities with “minor guilds” for full credit. I would just not join any “main guilds.”

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in CDI

Posted by: Qualamala Lumpa.9832

Qualamala Lumpa.9832

Will the phase concerning Guild Halls be in this thread? Or in another thread? And also, has that discussion started yet? :P

The Immortal O N E S [LIVE] | Server: GoM

in CDI

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

1. Guild alliances coupled with the single guild option:

~option for alliance chat tick
(alliances can only be server-wide due to potential wvw enemy status)

2. Guild Chat:

~guild chat does not dissapear when switching toons
~motd in guild chat upon logging in & switching between guilds
~guild members logging in/out shown in chat
~option for account name & guild tag in chat next to character name
~tick option for rank chat by color so that officers/leaders/important announcements stand out amongst the chatter or some kind of Announcement System connected to Guild Chat

3. Complete guild panel rework:

~the ability to choose every permission individually by member
~separate permissions for cave/trove
~offline = acct name + last played toon name
~join date/last represent date
~guild ban log for newer members/officers/recruiters
~guild rename/tag rename options (can be directly linked to the gem store thru panel button)
~guild upgrades build queue removed, replaced with instant purchase
~guild panel tab for mission statement/guild rules
~tiny commander icon next to members that have tags
~guild panel tab showing each members character names & whether or not they are representing the guild
~ability to add notes to a member, with hover option
~ability to send mass mail by ticking members thru guild panel
~guild panel events calendar
~guild panel tab to create guild advertisement that links directly to a guild public recruitment board in all cities
~guild emblem integrated into the guild panel with more options
~option for guild tag upgrade

Naz ©

in CDI

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Guild calendar
Multi messages
Multi guild chat

in CDI

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Will the phase concerning Guild Halls be in this thread? Or in another thread? And also, has that discussion started yet? :P

New thread with a new title, I’m sure.

And right now, it’s looking like it will start Monday.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in CDI

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

If for some reason you can’t do alliances, a good temporary fix is the ability to create chat channels that people can ‘subscribe’ to and name.
They have this is Rift and a couple of other games too.
I think people would be pretty happy with that as a substitute option game-wide.

Naz ©

in CDI

Posted by: Cassandra Nea.2507

Cassandra Nea.2507

Hi All,

Please find below Orpheal’s summary for the CDI below:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-CDI-The-Complete-Summary-Edition/first#post4419141

What are the top 3 improvements you would like to see to Guilds in regard QOL and Logistics.

Once we have a good idea of folks favorites we can have a final discussion.

Chris

1. Alliances
2. Alliances!
3. ALLIANCES!

(I know this is not what you meant but alliances are really close to my heart).

in CDI

Posted by: Jacobbs.9468

Jacobbs.9468

I did a thread search and was not able to find this suggestion, but it would be fantastic to be able to post a guild bulletin. For running a guild that doesn’t have 100% representation, it can sometimes be a pain in the kitten to manually whisper people not representing at that moment about some event that is currently going on. It would be nice if it were possible to send out a guild bulletin (through the mail system, or through a “guild whisper”) that would notify everyone in the guild with some message.

Of course, this system would have to be tuned so that it wouldn’t be annoying in terms of the frequency, etc. but it would be a helpful subsystem to have for larger guilds that are not 100% rep.

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi Qualamala,

You can indeed carry on discussing. I will try to update the thread on Monday with the CDI proposal. We will then park this thread in the CDI section of the forums and begin Phase 2 of this CDI and start brainstorming Guild Halls.

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Oh man I can not wait for Guild Halls. I still log into our guild’s guild hall in GW1, just for the nostalgia.

Isle of the Dead. Ascolonian Pre-Searing catacombs theme.

The feels man, the feels.

in CDI

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Oh man I can not wait for Guild Halls. I still log into our guild’s guild hall in GW1, just for the nostalgia.

Well as the CDI inherently a discussion among players and developers and in no way a commitment on the side of the developers to do any work… Well unless guild halls have been in development for a while now I’d say we won’t see anything for at least 6 months (very optimistically) if at all. Although that being said, I’m rather excited at the prospect myself

in CDI

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I see this more as a bug or design mistake, however I figured I better throw it in here before we move on to guild-halls.

Proposal Overview
Fix the guild finisher to show the guild from the person using the finisher.

Goal of Proposal
Having a better working guild-finisher that does what it’s supposed to do.. show of your guild.

Proposal Functionality
At this moment if you kill somebody using the guild finisher you see your guild-emblem. However the person getting killed sees his guild-emblem. (I have no idea what people around see but i’m guessing everybody sees his guild emblem) What takes the effect of showing of your guild away completely.

So I propose that everybody always sees the emblem of the guild from the person using the guild finisher.

Associated Risks
None.

in CDI

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

According to your arguments, it means that solo player should be able to earn commendations without joining a guild, right?

Ideally, yes, they should, but short of that, I’m fine with it so long as the things you can ONLY buy with commendations are not excessively useful. For example you can buy Ascended Accessories with Commendations, but they are not super vital to have, and you can also buy them with Laurels.

But yes, ideally solo players could have methods of earning Commendations, perhaps by participating in guild events that happen nearby, whether they are in the guild or not.

Here I quote. Btw, what is your definition of a medieval guild?

The definition that he was apparently insisting on, the original use of the word as a trade union. It really doesn’t apply to how MMO guilds function, except in very craft-heavy games like SWG.

I don’t know. Many of your opinions seems to be towards being individualistic rather than guild oriented which is one of the points of the CDI.

The point is to define what guilds should be. People that are very guild-oriented should no more define that outcome than people who are very raid focused should define raids (the answer to that one would be massively complex and time consuming raids that are absolutely essential to getting the best gear in the game).

I’m clearly coming at this discussion from the perspective of someone who doesn’t want to need a strong guild, but that is a fair perspective that some unknown thousands of players share. I expect many of you want to run a strong guild, and to have that position give you a lot of personal strength, and that’s a fair position to advocate, but I’m here to look out for the little guy who doesn’t want to feel sidelined by the rise of the mega-corporation.

I’m favorable to certain changes to guilds that make them easier to communicate and play with, but I am definitely opposed to anything that give a guilded player significant advantage over a non-guilded one.

Guilds should be about playing the same game as everyone else, only with a strong communication and coordination tool that makes it easier for them to play together. Guilds should not be about playing a higher level of game than other players have access to, with superior rewards.

For the record, just to get it on record, I have my own personal guild, of which I’m the only member, that has the full bank suite and a little left over, and I also recently joined another guild that is quite nice, but I mainly hook up with them on weekends to run the guild missions, and honestly I mostly prefer to do other types of activities, but I wanted to pick up some of those sweet, sweet Commendations. I have alts to feed. They’re nice guys but guild missions are kinda lame.

Ideally I could rep my own guild (which has a cooler icon, no offense guys), while always having their guild chat active, and only really run content with them when we both wanted to do the same type of content at the same time.

In that case, you shouldn’t be worried. Anet has allowed items to be accessible by everyone without fail. Just like you said, ascended accessories can be bought through laurel. The only different is that people who participated in the guild missions have easier time obtaining these accessories. So, base on the same principals, guild related rewards are based on existing items and they are able to obtain it easier or cheaper.

The game itself is balanced such that there is no crazy gear and there will never be. I also read it somewhere that ascended is the final tier, there won’t be any more new tiers.

People are more concern of contents exclusive to guild, for example, guild missions are exclusive to guild. What most people want is to make guild special, not items wise but content wise.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in CDI

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Chris can I steal the big moment from you?

And now! Guild Halls!

Disscuss~~~

in CDI

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Well as the CDI inherently a discussion among players and developers and in no way a commitment on the side of the developers to do any work… Well unless guild halls have been in development for a while now I’d say we won’t see anything for at least 6 months (very optimistically) if at all. Although that being said, I’m rather excited at the prospect myself

I know. I have been playing Anet’s games since 2005. 6 months won’t kill me.(Though I think it should have been there at release)

in CDI

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The first post I made on this forum 2 years ago, the week I bought the game, asking where were the Guild Halls and GvG.

Where are they today? Well today, thank you very much, we have this thread so hopefully something is in the making.

Guild halls should:

1- Be based on the Guild Wars 1 concept of guild halls, with improvements
2- function as competitive training areas
3- have all guild traders, TP and merchant
4- propose a new interface to start guild missions
5- be upgradable, with points earned by the guild during GvG, WvW and guild missions

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

And now! Guild Halls!

Disscuss~~~

Hehe Makube once i have done the proposal for the top QOL wishes from the CDI group I will PM you and you can make the announcement that I am about to open a new thread (-:

Chris

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Update. Still dealing with the same issue from Friday. Guild Missions and proposal will be tomorrow, Tuesday.

Meanwhile if anyone hasn’t don’t their top three then get to it(-:

Chris

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-CDI-The-Complete-Summary-Edition/first#post4419141

What are the top 3 improvements you would like to see to Guilds in regard QOL and Logistics.

Chris

Bump

Chris

Final Bump.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

Update. Still dealing with the same issue from Friday. Guild Missions and proposal will be tomorrow, Tuesday.

Chris

Enough time for me to trim down the 100 page guild hall proposal in that case :P.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

in CDI

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

- more (instanced) content (like events, activities, missions, raids, etc.) for guilds and guild-like groups (make it easier to access such content for non guild players and especially in smaller or medium-sized groups)

- guild halls

- guild achievements (includes creating new and more rewards to the existing ones)

in CDI

Palador.2170

Chris

Enough time for me to trim down the 100 page guild hall proposal in that case :P.

I strongly suggest abusing the spoiler code to compress long parts down, and leave only the important highlights visible at first glance. In a thread that’s sure to be full of VERY long, multi-part posts, being a well organized and quick read is going to be a good way to stand out.

in CDI

Posted by: anotherdream.4702

anotherdream.4702

As a member only my top 3 are:

Multi-guild chat – not being able to chat with members of all my guilds makes belonging to several cmletely pointless, and more or less completely broke down my original GW1 guild in this game.
Automatic guild representation for new created characters – a “default guild”, if you will.
Guild calendar – with events and times and reminders.

in CDI

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

And now! Guild Halls!

Disscuss~~~

Hehe Makube once i have done the proposal for the top QOL wishes from the CDI group I will PM you and you can make the announcement that I am about to open a new thread (-:

Chris

I’ll be on the watch. :P

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Chris

Don’t know whether to say ‘haha’ or ‘Wow’! or both!!

Chris

in CDI

Conski Deshan.2057

You can both relax , I hadn’t written a word yet xD although I do now have a page and a half proposal formatted to the forum style. I expect to see a lot of similar length proposals as this is a popular topic.

in CDI

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

1) Alliances. Primarily, in my preferential case, to allow smaller guilds to participate in and gain merits for the guild and commendations for the individual from guild missions that said smaller guilds may not have the man power to complete on their own. To me, this would be HUGE.

2) Chat rework to allow communication when not representing among the other things like custom chat channels

There are lots of things that can go in #3. I understand there may be some concern about cross server alliances/chat in wvw stuff. I get that. and, perhaps, people in any version of wvw should just have their chat restricted while they are in that zone. I dont know. But, as for PVE, this would be a great benefit. there are guilds that ask for 100% rep, not necessarily for the influence points, but rather so that there is activity in the guild. so that dungeon parties can be formed, chat is active, events/missions can be discussed etc etc. Allowing these kinds of alliances and chat improvements would greatly improve these concerns. I understand that, for larger guilds, these arent quite the same desires and, in their case, Guild Halls would be an awesome new feature.

in CDI

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

At this stage there isn’t really anything for me to add, espeically in the proposal format, but I wanted to participate. Items that are important to our (large, 300+ member) guild that have been suggested would be (roughly in descending order of importance):

• MotD visibility, whether as a upon-login email once daily, or a popup on login (latter preferred).
  • In-game event calendar. Even better if it has pre-populated items (e.g. dungeon runs) as well as custom ones, and WAY better if it can handle signups.
  • Additional tabs, e.g. Guildchat2, Guildchat3, for different purposes. Or better yet, custom chat tabs, which is not a guild issue.
  • Guild Roster sortability improvements for different ranks as described by many in this thread
  • Diversity of guild missions
  • Guild buff improvements, including Instant Buy instead of slow build
  • Additional permissions for different ranks, including sending guild emails, adding items to guild calendar, bank access, and triggering of guild missions (both in the menu and in the world at the guild mission location)
  • Leadership tags, ie. Charname Lastname, Character Title Here, Guild Officer, [TAG]
  • Member note, visible in roster
  • Ability to see names of all characters for a given account name or search by character name even when offline

in CDI

Posted by: krosis.7598

krosis.7598

Hi All,

Chris

Bump

Chris

1. Guild chat when not repping

2. Guild permissions expanded

3. Anything to bring guild features into the “real” world, from putting guildmates on the map to a physical structure. Take it out of meta and make it a part of the world.

Cheers!

in CDI

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I tend to think this falls under quality of life for the smaller guilds that can’t participate in the Guild missions.

Goal
Close the gap between the rewards available to large guilds and smaller family guilds by opening up a slow but achievable alternative means of earning guild commendations through open-world play.

Proposal Overview
Players now receive 1 guild commendation for every 800 influence they earn through events.

Proposal
Each character gains a counter on the guild page that tracks how much influence they have earned by participating in events. Each time this counter reaches 800 or more, 800 is subtracted from the counter (so overflow caries over) and that character receives 1 guild commendation. This counter tracks this contribution regardless of which guild you were representing at the time, to avoid penalizing players who have obligations to more than one guild. 800 was chosen to be a substantial number without triggering the sense of ‘endless grind’ that a four-digit threshold might provoke.

Reputation bought with coin from the Guild promoters does not advance this counter – you must adventure to earn. This also avoid creating a hard gold-to-commendations relationship and turning the guild vendors into just another playground for the super-wealthy.

Potential Risks
UI work and establishing a properly incrementing counter will require coding time. Rewards from guild vendors will no longer be the exclusive province of larger guilds (I see this as a plus, others… maybe not).

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in CDI

Conski Deshan.2057

I tend to think this falls under quality of life for the smaller guilds that can’t participate in the Guild missions.

Goal
Close the gap between the rewards available to large guilds and smaller family guilds by opening up a slow but achievable alternative means of earning guild commendations through open-world play.

Proposal Overview
Players now receive 1 guild commendation for every 800 influence they earn through events.

Proposal
Each character gains a counter on the guild page that tracks how much influence they have earned by participating in events. Each time this counter reaches 800 or more, 800 is subtracted from the counter (so overflow caries over) and that character receives 1 guild commendation. This counter tracks this contribution regardless of which guild you were representing at the time, to avoid penalizing players who have obligations to more than one guild. 800 was chosen to be a substantial number without triggering the sense of ‘endless grind’ that a four-digit threshold might provoke.

Reputation bought with coin from the Guild promoters does not advance this counter – you must adventure to earn. This also avoid creating a hard gold-to-commendations relationship and turning the guild vendors into just another playground for the super-wealthy.

Potential Risks
UI work and establishing a properly incrementing counter will require coding time. Rewards from guild vendors will no longer be the exclusive province of larger guilds (I see this as a plus, others… maybe not).

I’d like to +1 you just for the fact that you realised what allowing all influence would do (more gold grind). And developed a counter to prevent that use of gold, which a lot of players leave out in suggestions.

But I would also like to point out another problem, I consider guild commendations to be something you must do a group activity for. How would you prevent one man guilds from getting these commendations as that?
What would you think of adding a requirement that only influence gained while in the vicinity or in a party with at least two other guild mates?

(edited by Conski Deshan.2057)

in CDI

Posted by: Stitched Pig.3298

Stitched Pig.3298

Goal

Proposal Overview

Proposal

Potential Risks

As someone in a really small Guild, I really hope they do add something like this.

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Chris

Note Guild Missions should read as Guild Halls (Silly Me). Sorry.

So to be clear it should read:

Guild HALLS and proposal will be tomorrow, Tuesday.

Thanks GW2 Reddit (Coffee4CR) for pointing this mistake out.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Chris

Chris

While we’re on Quality of Life topic, can we get confirmation that nuking guild bank access from wvw registrars was purposeful and not a bug? Communication seems to be very thin despite bug posts in bug topic
And nothing affects quality of wvw guilds like not having access to bank without building a yak that requires commendations.

in CDI

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

While we’re on Quality of Life topic, can we get confirmation that nuking guild bank access from wvw registrars was purposeful and not a bug?

This has been commented on already by the devs. It was intentional.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

in CDI

Palador.2170

While we’re on Quality of Life topic, can we get confirmation that nuking guild bank access from wvw registrars was purposeful and not a bug?

This has been commented on already by the devs. It was intentional.

Did they say why? Something to do with the “mega guilds” for the megaserver, perhaps?

in CDI

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

Top Three Improvements for Guilds

Guild Halls: For those of us who came from GW 1 and used our halls for guild activities, halls are sorely missed. You have the system in place: another rank in architecture to build the hall, another in economy for a merchant and so on.

o In GW 1 the actual hall cost about 7k to 20k platinum, but to stick a merchant in the hall would cost 100k platinum. Outfitting a hall to have everything you could find in Lion’s Arch cost around a million. The same system here would allow smaller guilds to get their halls, and work over time to fill them and keep them competitive with larger guilds.

o Concerns that no one would visit the cities are unfounded as most players who had full halls still used outposts. Also, building portals (via politics and influence) to the major cities from the guild hall would be very useful and keep cities active.

Guild Calendar & mailing:
o It would be great for members to be able to able to open the guild panel and see what guild activities were upcoming. A calendar, even for the week would be very useful. Many of our members don’t notice the ‘message of the day’ since it is so tiny and small and you have to do a lot of scrolling.

o Please allow us to message more then two members at a time if possible. Gold spammers and trolls don’t use their guilds to message players so it’s not something that would be abused within a guild.

GvG
o GvG would have it’s own ranks and would not have to take away from the pvp areas. Just keep it to GvG ranks and no loot. If loot and pvp rewards were kept to spvp players would continue to use them and the devs would continue to get their paychecks.

o We used the GvG a lot in GW 1 to scrimmage and fight against one another. We have a guild room in spvp but it doesn’t work at all the same way.

• Okay, I have a fourth and I’m only bringing it up because another poster brought up the brilliant idea of guild prisons. This could and would and benefit the community by removing trolls and gold sellers.

o Guild members would have an option to click on a name for someone trolling or trying to sell gold and ’capture’ them. It could take about 12 guild clicks to capture someone so it wouldn’t be abused. The captured player would be put into the guild prison for maybe 15 minutes and could not communicate with anyone during that time. This would really cut down on the spammers, trolls and annoying players.

in CDI

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

A question about the Guild Hall CDI.

Will this be a feature discussion? As in what features we’d like it to have? Or more of a QoL/Logistical one similar to this thread? Or perhaps an open free for all of ideas?

in CDI

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Chris

Chris

Had me excited there for a minute.

Im definitely ready for the guild mission discussion.

in CDI

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Top 3:

Guild Halls
Pretty much as implemented in GW1.

1. Buy an aesthetic instance somewhere (modeled like a character’s home instance), use merits and influence to expand it.
  2. Access to all Guild related vendors (bank, armorer, weaponsmith, etc), generic merchants, maybe crafting.
  3. Easily socialize with all those people you (might) love
    Note: The ability to buy the instance should be a low level upgrade, to allow smaller guilds in on the fun. Further enhancements though, could provide for some deeper upgrades. Guild Armor Contract for instance, is easy to get, but having one in your Guild Hall could be a bit more expensive/in a higher level.

Guild Tags
Similar to Commander Tags

1. Certain guild ranks will be able to display a tag of their rank icon via guild permissions.
  2. Able to coordinate for guild events (like Guild Missions or Guild WvW Rallies). Commander Tags would still be useful for Map organization, as Guild Tags would be only visible in guild. (This of course allows for more content that would use such a feature)

Guild Communication
Calendars and Messaging/Mail

1. Similar (but maybe not so robust) functionality as a calendar phone app. Schedule Guild events for the future.
  2. Calendar Tab – allow for date/times and “repeat event” function, show duration (if so, allow for viewing overlapping events), color coding, event pop-ups that appear in the [G]Guild Panel (to promote visibility, but not annoy the player. Maybe take the “you have items in the BLTC red dot and add one for the [G] panel”.
  3. Mail Guild and/or /whisper Guild functionality, probably as permission, for Leaders and Officers to communicate (Doesn’t require guild representation to receive mail/messages. This allows for guilds to communicate events to people who might not rep, whereas Guild Calendar would only be rep visible).

If I’ve forgotten anything, maybe I’ll add it later.

Fishsticks

in CDI

Posted by: smilango.5960

smilango.5960

Proposal Overview:
Guild Contract Board

Goal of Proposal:
Allow members of a guild to post contracts that members can accept to complete for them. For instance, a lot of players don’t have as much time as others to play each day but still have certain goals. The player could set “acquire 60 AC tokens” with a reward of 2g (or whatever they decided to post) which another player could complete for them. The dungeon tokens would go to the player, all other remaining drops would be retained by the dungeon runner (and it would not count as their daily path completion). In this regard, it would be a more official method of selling paths to players avoiding risk of instance owner kicks.

Contracts could also be for gathering/farming materials, completing jumping puzzles – does not reward account AP to poster (chest contents are sent to the contractor on completion), crafting gated items i.e. Mithrillium could be posted if the contractor has unlocked at least one 450 ascended craft.

What problem are you trying to solve with your proposal
The guild menu would include a new tab for players similar to a simplified version of the trading post UI. The panel would be split into post/accept contracts with searchable tabs for particular contractual areas (Crafting/Dungeons/Open World).

The post panel would allow players to not only select their mission but what day it was to be completed with 7 days allowance. E.g. a guild member will be away for the weekend but still wants to collect CoE dungeon tokens can post contracts for all 3 paths on Saturday and Sunday.

How does your proposal work in regard in relation to the current design of GW2
The trading post UI could be adopted, with the addition of a calendar system for posting dated contracts. A new achievements section could be included for Guild Assistance. The complication would be with verifying daily objectives were permitted on and transferable to the linked accounts.
Associated Risks

What risks or problems can you foresee with this proposal which you would like to have assistance on from other members of the CDI
The risks associated would be where the line is drawn on what can be contracted out to other players. Dungeon paths are already sold, ascended crafting materials can be crafted by other players through the exchange of materials and some silver, allowing people to pay for T6 blood collectors is essentially the same to buying them off the trading post, however, allowing other players to complete ‘achievements’ is an area open to debate. An example would be map completion, some people really enjoy doing this on multiple alts whereas others don’t. Should this be something that only the player can complete? Do they need to have completed it once before you can contract it again?

Also, how are contracts assigned? Is it simply a first-come basis where someone can grab all the contracts they want for the next 4 hours and no other guildie can take them on? Or do we limit the amount, if so by how many? An example here would be if there are 4 posts for “Contract: Arah P2 for Xg” should a player be able to take all of those contracts at once?

in CDI

Posted by: Fowidner.6930

Fowidner.6930

This are my random thoughts of a good/nice/warm guild hall.

The guild hall is a big place to hang out with your guild. Doing nothing/activities/checks with things like:

Wall of fame and Shame
Fame
(most..)

• Influence earned
  • Represented time
  • guild missions

Shame

• opposite of fame…
  • Failed moments (most deaths etc…)
  • slackers
    *non/low representing

Guild activities

• Living chess
  • Duel mode
  • (bar-)drinking mode
    # share alcohol
    # mix drinks (with special effect, drunk, collors, what ever…)
    # share your creations with others
  • Dance party
  • Keg brawl V2.0 1 vs X , throw kegs around in the group 1 man tries to obtain the keg

WvW statistics

• list of claimed objectives
  • list of captured objectives
  • average guild people in wvw (borderlands/EB/EotM/obsidian sanctum)
  • etc…

PvP statistics

• Total guild team wins
  • Total solo wins (solo and teams less then 5)
  • Best player
  • etc..

Additional

• Guild bank
  • Guild gear (special gear/skin unlocks, unlocked by guild activities/influence/merrits)
  • spending time/doing activities in Guild Halls earns influence/merrits/commendations
    build in:
  • jump (puzzles), learn to jump
  • learn to dodge
  • etc..

These are just some random thoughts I would like to see in the guild hall. Make it a place to hang out with your guild to enjoy life in Guild Wars.

in CDI

Posted by: elastoplast lady.4152

elastoplast lady.4152

I think one of the things that people really miss from GW1 to GW2 is the guild hall, and the obvious additions e.g. merchant, it was a great place for RP guilds and social guilds to hang out, and everyone just went there and used all the facilities…

Proposal 1: Guild Hall customisation
Potential guild hall customisation. In GW1 we had to choose a hall, when not allow for customisation e.g. selection of rooms and boosts or you have standard starting hall or merchant, bank etc, and gave leaders the ability to ‘fit them together’ in a design that suited your needs…. bigger guilds could spread out etc…

Additionally the ability to customise the decor, even if it is change a few colours, add a few banners / trophies etc.. (This is along the Dojo lines for the game Warframe if you want to research it).

Proposal 2: Guild mission selection…as they stand some are set for large guilds, some for small guilds. e.g. challenges, Save the supplies really needs 25 people to do it, the quaggan one 15 etc.. how about a wager e.g. guild gold or something to give better rewards to up or downscaling the challenge so it came be completed by smaller guilds, or completing a puzzle in a certain time limit.

Proposal 3: Another guild puzzle… 3 doesn’t give enough variety.

Proposal 4.: A forum for advertising guild missions and a seperate one for the guild missions themselves…. the current one is just full of adverts.

Proposal 5: Lets face it, guild members are going to hop between guilds in order to get the benefits of each guild hall, so (1) guild bonuses are based on what is active in the guild only.
(2) Give them something to do, in order to get it… so… for XX guild commendations you can buy a guild hall portal stone that allows you to travel to and from the hall…i.e. don’t give it to them for free, make them earn their loyalty… or complete something to gain it…

Proposal 6: Influence/guild booster changes. Banners are generally meaning less, in comparison to guild wide boosts. The only benefit of banners is portability/being able to drop one when you want…30 mins isn’t enough time….increase to 1 hour and remove/rationalise some of them?…. why would you want a speed booster marker for 20s of swiftness, I can get a guardian to do that (and better). I’ve never seen anyone spawn a crafting station to be used seriously.

Proposal 7: A commander or commander style tag (can be earnt/baught) for the guild leader(s) (maybe green) for use with guild missions etc.

Proposal 8: Better guild wide PvP boosters… just 10% influence ? (kill bonus, defend bonus, points scored, XP bonus, MF on rewards?)

Lots of the other ideas, e.g. calendar, message of the day etc have been mentioned so I won’t cover them.

Ela

Where Wolves Fear To [PREY] Leader
EU : FSP

in CDI

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

Goal

Proposal Overview

Proposal

Potential Risks

This suggestion addresses the same problem as mine did only from a different angle. I will +1 Nike as well.

1) Alliances. Primarily, in my preferential case, to allow smaller guilds to participate in and gain merits for the guild and commendations for the individual from guild missions that said smaller guilds may not have the man power to complete on their own. To me, this would be HUGE.

In either case, it would be great if there was some way for members of smaller guild to be less gated behind a simple number of guild members for some of the INDIVIDUAL rewards obtainable through guild participation.