CDI- Guilds- Logistics and QOL

in CDI

Posted by: Chicken Fro.6953

Chicken Fro.6953

Hello, I really just wanted to chime in before it became too late (if there is such a thing), and before I had to go to class. Here’s my top three, and I’ve discussed some of these things with my guild, so I believe these would be many of their top 3 choices as well.

1: Alliances
2: Message of the Day appearing on log-in
3: An in-game calendar.

Reasons:

1: Not only do my guildies and I support this because it was a Guild Wars 1 system, but also we support this because we play a lot with a few other guilds to accomplish larger goals. It is currently possible to “act” like we have an alliance by exchanging one, non-representing member to each others’ guilds, but it would be great if we could have a mode to discuss between our guilds in an alliance chat without having “false members” in a sense.

2: My officers and I fill really good, fun, and important guild information into the Message of the Day; however, even by our most diligent readers the message of the day often goes unnoticed. That being said, even though we actively promote our activities, there are more casual members that miss out on events that we do. If the Message of the Day, or even a summary of the Message of the Day that we can edit, appeared on-screen when we logged in, this would take care of a lot of simple, yet important, things.

3: I’ll be honest, this would simply just be really, really nice to have for what I think are obvious reasons. Hosting events without the use of a website would be far easier, especially for much of my guild’s more casual, get in-game and have fun group. This is because largely, many of them do not think about taking the extra time to go out and check the website for our calendar/posted events. This almost fills into point 2 I have, but is just a little extra.

Anyway, thank you for reading this! I’m really loving many of the proposals in this CDI, I’ve always been an avid reader of these.

Leggo My Drago, Ranger, leader of the Dolyak Tippers of Tyria [MOO] on Northern Shiverpeaks

in CDI

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

I am still dealing with some family issues and will update when things are back to normal.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Hope everything is all right and you’re back to dealing with the forum children soon Chris.

I think when the topic moves to Guild Halls and GvG it should be its own separate thread because this one is becoming rather large and hard to parse through.

In this thread we still need to list the top 3 voted and any further discussions to progress those 3 requested features.
Then GvG and Guild Halls can have their own process.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in CDI

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

While we’re on Quality of Life topic, can we get confirmation that nuking guild bank access from wvw registrars was purposeful and not a bug?

This has been commented on already by the devs. It was intentional.

Did they say why? Something to do with the “mega guilds” for the megaserver, perhaps?

They didn’t comment on the “why”, just that it was intentional.

EDIT – Stay strong, Chris. We’ll still be here when you return, so don’t feel obligated to take time to talk to us when more urgent things are going on.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

in CDI

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I just thought I’d voice a reminder that what we suggest and what will be released are two different things. Keep this in mind when you post things or else we’d have another repeat of the trait unlocking CDI leading to dissatisfaction with the implmentation.

in CDI

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

Hi All,

I am still dealing with some family issues and will update when things are back to normal.

Chris

far more important than a bunch of pixels. Please take care of yourself and family before diving back in.

in CDI

Posted by: Soul SilverRose.6351

Soul SilverRose.6351

*Guild Halls, Guild Halls, oh and did i mention Guild Halls? Obviously they will be in an instance of their own so why not make them big, Big, BIG! Preferably make them more like a guild building instead of like the ones from GW1 where you basically bought a bit of land with unusable buildings on it. With capabilities reaching far beyond those of GW1 which enabled GvG and had purchasable upgrades and add ons. Crafting stations, Trade Posts, Banks, Weapon and Armorsmiths, heck give us access to every useful NPC in the game. Perhaps even lore relevant ones.
*GUILD DUNGEONS! Not your typical AC or HotW. I’m talking about unlocks via the guild page where you pay the influence to unlock a brand new dungeon and then you have to queue up consumable upgrades that give your guild access to the dungeon for say…1 hour. Anyone who doesn’t enter within that hour will have to pop another one to get on.
*Alliances would be alright but would take a lot of work to be done in a non redundant manner given that having up to 5 guilds at a time is essentially an alliance.
*Multi-Guild chat would be great. Somthing as simple as “/g1” or “/g2” letting you chat to a specific guild without having to rep. Also maybe a broadcast to post in all guilds’ chats. /gx or something.
*More guild missions would be great. having gotten the same puzzle every week for the last 2 months, i’d say 4 puzzles in a good number but can lead to really repetitious play. I’d say more mission types would be nice too. 5 is plenty but would give us other stuff to do.
*An extension on Guild Weapons would be sweet. Guild Greatswords etc. been waiting for those for a while.
*Guild Upgrades! Yeah, we already have them but how about some new stuff, preferably that costs a decent number of merits with little build time. Speaking out of having more merits than I know what to do with. Maybe, “Lesser World Boss Summons” or something. And make it have to be used 30 minutes prior to the bosses real spawn or it wont work. Just like the summons on the big bosses.
*More world bosses! This isn’t as on the guilds topic unless you blend it with the paragraph above but…the schedule is great and makes getting all the bosses easy. But it’s incredibly boring. There’s nothing spontaneous anymore. More world bosses please. And maybe add the Fire Shaman, Dredge Commissar, and Foulbear to the list. They might be just events but they use to be part of the WBT and they give the bonus chest. By rights, they should have a spot on the schedule, even if it overlaps another event like Triple Wurm and Teq do.
*Guild Collections Box! Weird little idea but how about a little banner at the top of the guild bank where guildies can click to donate gold. The banner can have a donate button, a see donors button which shows the account name and amount donated by each person, and a withdraw button exclusively for the guild leader(s). I get that this already kinda exists, however, right now of i open up access to any tab with cash in it, that cash might up and disappear (Happened before). This method would be a way of securing assets that can be viewed and held onto for whatever but wouldn’t affect the usage or limitations of the guild bank item slots.
—Granted these are all just things I’d like to see worked on or added or changed. But if anyone else likes any of these ideas, please don’t hesitate to repost and show support.

Soul Silver-Rose
[CCS] The Chaos City Saints
Founder & Leader

in CDI

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

Proposal Overview
To make it possible to buy additional guild slots

Goal of Proposal
To make it possible to be part of more than 5 guilds.

Proposal Functionality
They could be bought from the gem store.

Associated Risks
None, really.

I’m sorry if it has already been suggested. I didn’t feel like combing through 20 pages and the search bar didn’t come up with anything for “slots” or “slot”.

in CDI

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

One risk is that people will be torn between two guilds that require them to be major members and people are forced to choose between them at the beginning.

Two?
Try 5.
I have a main guild, 2 smaller friend guilds, then I’m in TTS and have to keep an empty slot for temporary invites for guild missions. This means that I cannot have a WvW guild in addition to that, let alone 2 WvW guilds, which I would like to have because one likes to go after zergs, while the other likes to cap things. I guess if I was doing PvP, then I’d like to have a PvP guild too.
There are just way too many aspects to this game for one guild to be enough.

in CDI

Posted by: Qualamala Lumpa.9832

Qualamala Lumpa.9832

Is there any chance someone could post a link to the phase 2 thread once it’s up, that’d be greatly appreciated

The Immortal O N E S [LIVE] | Server: GoM

in CDI

Posted by: The Demacian.3165

The Demacian.3165

Multiple guilds chat – make it a hidden feature. EG default settings are same as now, you only see the guild you’re repping. But experienced players can create a new tab for chat channels with their unrepped guilds.

I am in two good guilds. I’d hate to break ties with either one of them. But I can only chat with one at a time, which is frustrating. I’m in an actors’ guild as well and I’d love to be able to keep track of upcoming showtimes and rehearsals without having to rep. None of us rep that guild except when we’re putting on a show.

in CDI

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Speaking of Guild Chat, a nice QoL change would be to have Guild Chat STOP disappearing when you switch toons. Make it work like the party chat, where you can still see it. =)

in CDI

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Just 1 screenshot of a guild hall on the front page with a short paragraph saying they are planned for the future and you would have 10 times more suggestions in this thread.
It is what other MMO do and that it is not done that way without reason.

You have to create excitement, it’s been a year without new permanent content screenshots of things not related to the LS.

in CDI

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Chris been missing for a day. Any news?

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

in CDI

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I’m not sure it’s appropriate to ask. He’s dealing with family issues. He’ll return when he returns.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in CDI

Clerigo.9475

I’m not sure it’s appropriate to ask. He’s dealing with family issues. He’ll return when he returns.

I know he is dealing with family issues, thats why i asked. Im hoping for everything to be alright.
If Chris returns tomorrow or only next month is all the same for me, as long as everything is ok with him.
Just asking.

‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

in CDI

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

I know he is dealing with family issues, thats why i asked. Im hoping for everything to be alright.
If Chris returns tomorrow or only next month is all the same for me, as long as everything is ok with him.
Just asking.

He hasn’t posted an update yet today. Either he’s speedily working on starting the next phase and we’ll see it soon or he’s still taking care of his family.

Either way, I agree, I hope everything is ok with him and his family.

in CDI

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

Guild Poke. I know this has appeared in multiple flavors here, but thought I would post my twist on it.

Proposal Overview
There should be a way to send an immediate notice to all guild members, representing or not.

Goal
To be able to notify people of a current guild event, change to guild message, or to summon them to help in WvW.

Functionality
This would be in the form of a whisper or guild chat with the name of the guild as the sender. To avoid spamming, the ability to send these pokes should be bought with influence and merits, with a max of 3 or so stacked at a time. An officer with message permissions would activate the built poke and be presented with a dialog box. They could enter a message up to 100 characters and send it. The poke would appear in the chat of all online users. It would not queue or be otherwise stored for users not online. Sending the poke would burn one of the guild’s built pokes.

Risks
A guild with influence to burn could abuse this by spamming users, despite the cost.

Guild warrior for life!

in CDI

shogei.8015

Guild Mail.

Proposal Overview
There should be a way to send mail to all guild members.

Goal
To notify all guild members of changes within the guild or other matters that affect or apply to the membership

Functionality
This would appear as a mail in the user’s inbox with the name of the guild as the sender. To prevent spamming, the ability to send mail should be bought with influence and merits. An officer with messaging ability would activate the guild mail and be presented with a dialog box similar to the current mail composer dialog. They could enter a subject and mail message that would be subject to the same constraints as a current in-game mail. They would not have the option to attach items or coins. Sending the message would burn one of the guild’s built guild mails.

Risk: A guild with influence to burn could abuse this by spamming users, despite the cost.

Guild warrior for life!

in CDI

shogei.8015

Top3 :

Guild mail
Guild messaging/poke
Maintain guild chat when switching toons.

Guild warrior for life!

in CDI

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

People are social animals and we need more ways to be social (or anti-social) for a lot of reasons that I don’t really need to get into. It’s in everyone’s best interest and I have a few ideas for friends list and guilds that might help. Some of these ideas are more feasible from a project (and project management) perspective than others:

1) Friends list should save it when you’re invisible from everyone, so when you close the game and log back in, you remain in invisible status. In guild window, just make it say that their location is unknown.
2) You should be able to join guild-mates in PvP (hotjoins or custom non-passworded servers). PvP guilds are pretty hard to come by in this game, and the ones that are actually out there would really appreciate it. It would also open up PvP to a lot of new people, yielding a more diversified community.
3) You need make guild halls happen, and it has to be done right (meaning time will obviously need to be taken).

Guild halls were the place for family to idle together and do banking and merching. They were also the place for PvP to happen in GvGs and had very easy access to Alliance Battles. It was also isolation, you could ignore what you want and play the game how you want, I mean what about the people that love the game but want to ignore the Living Story (for as long as they want) and LA map chat?

In my opinion, I think that megaservers (awesome addition by the way!) may have been a little ahead of it’s time. Something that probably should have happened first was a WvW reorganization or restructuring (hindsight is 20/20). Transfer costs are currently killing the community and really limiting social play. With WvW needing to evolve with the rest of the game it would be cool to see Guild Halls be part of it in some aspect.

Social play is nearly synonymous with fun play and opening up more parts of the game to more people will stimulate everything, including the economy. The Black Lion Trading Company will love it.

(edited by the sober ninja.6539)

in CDI

Posted by: Alethia.3597

Alethia.3597

Since we have an extension here, I am adding something in I thought of after our bank got cleaned out again today.

Proposal Overview
Optional guild bank authentication via join account type authorization

Goal of Proposal
Giving guilds a layer of security that is lacking since we cannot get our guild banks restored after a hack.

Proposal Functionality
Much like a real bank can require multiple signatures on a joint account, add in an option to make selected areas of the bank have a confirm dialogue by at least 2 people (ideally have the number the guild’s choice) of a set rank when someone wants to make a withdrawal.
In the bank log have it show who were the other authorizing parties.
Essentially it could turn an area of the guild bank into a safe.

in CDI

Clerigo.9475

Epic bump. Come on people, squeeze this lemmon

in CDI

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

How is this not a sticky?
Guild halls. Exactly like the ones in GW1, with a guild arena that other guilds can enter so the community can GvG(Guild VS Guild for all those that don’t habla). The halls could cost the players either gold or gems, or perhaps you could sell guild hall packages on the gem store(I know you like the sound of that Anet). The halls, however, should not be temporary. If you buy one, you have one. These should not be like PvP arenas(a huge gold sink).

[varX] Limitless Potential

in CDI

Posted by: Alethia.3597

Alethia.3597

Since Chris had to walk away for a bit, I’ve gone through the list of everyone’s top 3 and tried to get a tally of what we collectively want in case anyone wants to brainstorm a bit more on the suggestions. Since Orpheal has a summary of all the unique suggestions over here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-CDI-The-Complete-Summary-Edition/first#post4423327 this is trying to get our top wishes in a somewhat broad categories since we have overlap.

I have taken the guild hall requests out of the list since that is up for the next round and listed the top suggestions.

1. Guild calendar
  2. Alliances
  3. Multiple guild chat
  4. Management tools, more permissions, bank security
  5. Guild content, especially for smaller groups
  6. Mass mailing, mass communication
  7. Guild showing on mini map, guild commander tags
  8. Message of the day on log/character swap
  9. Guild capes or visible accessories
  10. Persistence of guild chat on character swap
  11. Recruitment tools
  12. Guild API
  13. WvW guild tag/name shown on claim and more guild siege

If I condense down the categories some more, we have clear themes. I roughly rounded things, so it won’t add up to 100%.

• 29% Broadly, all of these are getting info out to our guilds: guild calendar, mass mailing, mass communication (some of this is persistent such as an in game board) , message of the day on log/character swap
  • 16% Multiple guild chat, persistence of guild chat on character swap (these should go together if it doesn’t matter which guild you are repping on character log in)
  • 15.5% Alliances
  • 14.5% Management tools, more permissions, bank security, recruitment tools
  • 9% Guild content, especially for smaller groups
  • 5% Guild showing on mini map, guild commander tags
  • 4% Guild capes or visible accessories
  • 2% Guild API
  • 2% WvW guild tag/name shown on claim and more guild siege

Also of note since the word alliances came up, is keep an eye on brainstorming over here too: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Solution-to-fix-the-population-imbalance/4443606

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

Thank you all for your kind words they have really meant a lot to me.

We are still in the middle of issues and whilst I am back at work now I am not 100% confident that I can give you all my undivided attention and the CDI and its members need that.

I am anxious to get our proposal written and move onto Guild Halls and am also concerned at the pause in the process.

With this in mind I am aiming to get the CDI proposal done and then move onto the next phase by Monday (maybe earlier, perhaps the weekend).

I want you to know that I have been reading your discussions and comments and would ask that if there is still discussion and proposals to be had on this phase then please continue.

Finally I want to thank you all once again for your patience and your kind words. The CDI and the Guild Wars 2 community mean the world to me and I look forward to being back in the conversation and talking about the world we love and how to make it the very best journey it can be.

Chris

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

How is this not a sticky?
Guild halls. Exactly like the ones in GW1, with a guild arena that other guilds can enter so the community can GvG(Guild VS Guild for all those that don’t habla). The halls could cost the players either gold or gems, or perhaps you could sell guild hall packages on the gem store(I know you like the sound of that Anet). The halls, however, should not be temporary. If you buy one, you have one. These should not be like PvP arenas(a huge gold sink).

It will be a sticky. I need to put the CDI proposal in before we sticky it and move forward.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Hi All,

Thank you all for your kind words they have really meant a lot to me.

We are still in the middle of issues and whilst I am back at work now I am not 100% confident that I can give you all my undivided attention and the CDI and its members need that.

I am anxious to get our proposal written and move onto Guild Halls and am also concerned at the pause in the process.

With this in mind I am aiming to get the CDI proposal done and then move onto the next phase by Monday (maybe earlier, perhaps the weekend).

I want you to know that I have been reading your discussions and comments and would ask that if there is still discussion and proposals to be had on this phase then please continue.

Finally I want to thank you all once again for your patience and your kind words. The CDI and the Guild Wars 2 community mean the world to me and I look forward to being back in the conversation and talking about the world we love and how to make it the very best journey it can be.

Chris

Family comes first.

in CDI

Clerigo.9475

Glad to have you back around Chris and i hope everything is ok

Im pretty sure you dont need to be concerned with the pause in this process. What we need is everyone to be doing great in real life.

So, for me, take your time and continue the process when you feel ready to.

I will see you guys tomorrow. Cheers everyone.

in CDI

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

don’t even mention it, family comes first! once you feel comfortable again you can dive in our spam.

We need you in perfect shape (to proceed with cloning....)

in CDI

Posted by: Qualamala Lumpa.9832

Qualamala Lumpa.9832

I’m not sure if this is the phase to mention this……but may as well throw it out there.

Proposal Overview: (Sorry, I’m not sure how to bold text :P )

- Converting merits to influence.
- Allowing merits to also be used to fast forward the build times of buffs.
- The introduction of more guild buffs. Firstly, I think utilising what is already available would be beneficial. Currently, guild merits are pretty much worthless once you’ve maxed out all the guild missions and the few buffs that are actually advantageous really only require 3 merits or so. Other buffs, such as the Hero’s Banner, which require 5 merits and a substantial build time of two days, can be easily purchased from vendors, so queuing them is rather pointless. Secondly, introducing new and beneficial buffs to each category (Politics, Art of War, etc), or possibly new upgrades altogether would be great.

Goal of Proposal:
To introduce a new variety of guild buffs and/or upgrades which would benefit the community.

Proposal Functionality:
Possible new buffs/upgrades:
- Upgrade Lengthifier: A buff that can be applied in order to lengthen the duration of another buff by possibly a day, two days or three. There could be three separate types of this buff, one for each duration length (Upgrade Lengthifier Stage One, Stage Two, Stage Three).

- Upgrade Doublifier: Doubles the effects of a buff already in use, not the duration. For example, if +10% MF is currently active, applying this buff to it will increase the effects to +20% MF.

- A permanent third queue slot. Obviously this would allow more buffs to be built and more buffs = happier guilds!

- General Experience Boost: An experience boost that covers all aspects of experience gain within the game. For example, killing enemies, completing dungeons, story missions, events.

- PvP Experience Boost: Providing additional experience in PvP for a limited amount of time.

- Merchant Price Decrease: Decreases the price of stock belonging to basic merchants for a period of time.

- Increase in Mystic Forge Success Rate: Increases the chance for rarer items to be obtained from the Mystic Forge by a small percentage. I would think 10% would be appropriate. Perhaps, for this, the duration period should be substantially smaller than other buffs, the build time considerably longer, and require a higher amount of influence and merits in order to avoid farming.

These buffs would require either influence or merits or both in order to begin building.

Additionally, converting merits to influence would be useful. Seeing as, after all missions are built, the amount of merits will hardly ever fall below 220-230, converting merits to influence would allow merits to actually become more useful. A conversion rate of 3 or 4 merits : 500 influence or something similar seems appropriate.

Finally, allowing merits to also be used to fast forward the build times of buffs would be beneficial too. Upon clicking the little green arrow to fast forward build time, a box should appear stating payment by merits or by influence and clearly display the amount required for each. Once the payment method is selecting, click “Accept”.

Associated Risks:
None that I can think of.

The Immortal O N E S [LIVE] | Server: GoM

(edited by Qualamala Lumpa.9832)

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

don’t even mention it, family comes first! once you feel comfortable again you can dive in our spam.

We need you in perfect shape (to proceed with cloning....)

hehe <3

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Riggald.3068

Riggald.3068

Proposal Overview
Extra Symbols for Custom Guild Ranks
Goal of Proposal
Currently we have several Custom Guild Ranks.

All of them have the same symbol. (A spiral arm galaxy circle thingie)

Proposal Functionality

Have a palette of symbols. When you create a custom rank, you get to choose the symbol that the custom rank uses.

Associated Risks

None.

in CDI

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I think a nice personal summarize with 3 request (not so much a top 3) would be.

- More goals for guilds,
- More things to do for guild,
- and giving guilds more meaning in GW2.

(edited by Devata.6589)

in CDI

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Proposal Overview
Goal of Proposal

Proposal Functionality

Have a palette of symbols. When you create a custom rank, you get to choose the symbol that the custom rank uses.

Associated Risks

None.

You’re probably using your guild ranks wrong. Have you tried setting it to Wumbo?

Fishsticks

in CDI

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Not sure if this has been covered yet so mentioning it

Proposal Overview
Group kicked when leader DC’s or leaves zone

Goal of Proposal
Stop the loss of hard earned progress in an ongoing dungeon due to the leader leaving or getting disconnected

Proposal Functionality
Change the code so that the next person in group assumes leadership if leader disconnects and do not allow other group members to be forced out of the zone if they leave.

Associated Risks
None forseeable

Please try to be as concise as feasible with your proposal.

From a player stand point it seems like this would be an easy fix. I am avoiding any form of pug nowdays because of how many times I have been kicked from a zone and lost a lot of work because the leader hits the wrong button or his mom pulls the plug.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

in CDI

Posted by: Nitross.6987

Nitross.6987

Not sure if this has been covered yet so mentioning it

Proposal Overview
Group kicked when leader DC’s or leaves zone

Goal of Proposal
Stop the loss of hard earned progress in an ongoing dungeon due to the leader leaving or getting disconnected

Proposal Functionality
Change the code so that the next person in group assumes leadership if leader disconnects and do not allow other group members to be forced out of the zone if they leave.

Associated Risks
None forseeable

Please try to be as concise as feasible with your proposal.

From a player stand point it seems like this would be an easy fix. I am avoiding any form of pug nowdays because of how many times I have been kicked from a zone and lost a lot of work because the leader hits the wrong button or his mom pulls the plug.

I’ve got good news and bad news for you.

Bad news: the theme of this CDI discussion is proposing changes to improve Guild Quality of life, so talking party mechanics seems to be slightly off topic.

Good news: this was fixed with the feature patch on September 9th!

Dungeons
Dungeon instances no longer close when the original creator leaves the party.

- Fort Aspenwood -

in CDI

Posted by: Drakth.1875

Drakth.1875

My top 3 is:

1) Alliances
2) Grid wide messaging (Mail)
3) MOTD at log in.

in CDI

Posted by: Drakth.1875

Drakth.1875

Btw, i made an excel where i tried (as best as i could) to gather all top 3, until my previous post.

If you find it useful i’ll keep updating it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86461625/GW2/Guilds%20CDI.xlsx

in CDI

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

This topic is die-ing.
Chris were are you?

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in CDI

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

This topic is die-ing.

nope, I just asked it, and it said it’s doing well.

Chris were are you?

if you paid attention, he his currently busy with much more important stuff.
Just be patient and things will eventually set in motion again…

in CDI

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Proposal Overview
Goal of Proposal

Proposal Functionality

Associated Risks

None.

There are currently 10 different rank icons available (though more would be nice with additional rank security upgrades). If all the icons are the same, you may want to discuss it with one of your guild’s officers who should have the ability to change the icon.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Guild_Ranks.jpg

in CDI

Posted by: Xar.1387

Xar.1387

Option to block chat, for some members. Leaders could create a rank, which does not allow these people to write. It would be very helpful, and not that hard to create i guess.

http://Aiwe.eu
RolePlay/PvP/Raid

in CDI

Posted by: veo.9243

veo.9243

custom guild emblems! …I mean, own made ones… plz

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Btw, i made an excel where i tried (as best as i could) to gather all top 3, until my previous post.

Drakth,

Thank you so much for doing this it is a huge help. I am going to put our proposal together based on the top ten for the team at Anet and then we will start the next phase of discussion which is Guild Halls!

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Drakth,

Thank you so much for doing this it is a huge help. I am going to put our proposal together based on the top ten for the team at Anet and then we will start the next phase of discussion which is Guild Halls!

Chris

Guild Halls Ó.ò!!!

I don’t personally care for them but it was long requested by others…, if you guys introduce this out of nowhere just because I would actually be surprised and will indeed participate more in upcoming CDI. To be completely honest, I’m hoping you guys can revert the impression we got with the trait change after asking for skill hunting.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Hi All,

Thank you for being so patient with me, the awesome discussion and brain storming as well as doing some of the logistical work on the CDI (I appreciate this more than you can know)

There have been a huge amount of proposals and these have been compiled by Drakth to your favorites through the 1,2,3 priority system. The proposal below covers the Top 12 features, and evolutions you would like to see. I will be forwarding the link to the design team who have been keeping a watchful eye on our discussion and who will take the info and pertinent discussion and arm themselves with this knowledge as we move forward and evolve the game. The full list can be found here:

CDI Proposal Phase 1: Guilds QOL and Logistics

This is a proposal put together by the CDI group specifically for the Anet development team to read and discuss. This is not a commitment of work.

More detail on each feature/evolution can be found (Thank you so much for doing this Orpheal):

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-CDI-The-Complete-Summary-Edition/first#post4419141

1: Alliances: The ability for guilds to ally and work together to progress through the main guild activities in GW2.

2: Guild Calendar: The ability for guilds to through customization of the in the calendar tool organize their events and activities.

3: Guild Halls: The ability for guilds to have halls that allow them to make a statement about their Guild and customize their halls. Guild Halls would also bring activities for guilds with the CDI groups wanting to see GvG be part of this (GvG will have it’s own phase in the broad CDI about Guilds. The CDI group also wants to see Guild Rewards that advertise their guild and make them stand out such as Guild Capes.

4: Multi-Guild Chat Window: A way for players to easily see chat in the other guilds they are part of and switch to that chat channel with out making the social UI panel to busy.

5: MOTD/Bulletin Board: A system that displays the MOTD when the player logs in and display the MOTD on a bulletin board where other player’s can post about info pertaining to their Guild Mates.

6: Guild wide messaging/mail system for leaders: A system that allows those with the appropriate permissions in their guild to mail their guild mates as we all as a separate mail system and channel for guild leaders.

7: Guild Bank, Security and Functionality: Increased functionality (Accessibility etc) for Guild Bank and Security (permissions etc)

8: Guild Chat Upgrades: Alliance chat, officer chat, profession chat and much more!

9:Roster Improvements/General Guild Improvements: Too much to summarize please see Orpheal’s CDI Summary link above.

10: Guild Recruiting tools:: Recruiting tools allowing those with permissions to better manage the logistics of Recruitment as well as functionality for better exposition of recruit status etc.

Note there are in fact 31 proposals put forward but as discussed I am only listing the top ten.

I am going to leave the thread open for a while (few hours) and then sticky it on the CDI section at which point the much anticipated deep dive into Guild Halls will begin!

Once again thanks to you all. You are great!

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

With these words being said, I want to mention, that I’m aiming on coming wednesday to finish also my summary. Had to make a longer break, when you try to compile so many ideas just into one huge list, it makes you crazy after some time and your fingers bleed. But I least tried to keep the pace over the first 14 pages, even when I started later than the CDI self with my summary ^^
Finally, Thank you Chris for my honorary mentions

I’ll Update my Complete Summary Edition then coming Wednesday also for the upcoming Phase 2, which will be then the said more concrete Phase about Guild Halls.
Seeing as it is among the Top 3, I guess its absolutely right to make about this one an own Phase in this whole CDI.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in CDI

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Glad to see you back Chris. I like the document, I think it has captured the most asked for petitions here. We are definetely on track.
Now onwards to the next subject!

in CDI

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Looks good. Roster Improvements/General Guild Improvements is indeed to big to summarize but the many suggestions about it where almost all very good so I hope most of them will make it in. And just as a side note. Please make sure both guild-rosters (The one you see under “main” and the one you see under “Roster” will get the same functionality. Now for example you can only see “Last Online” in Main but can only filter on things in Roster.

I do feel Guild Halls do not really belong in QoL but if it get’s QoL elements (like maybe calendars in the guild hall) I guess it fits in here.

I have been actively collecting guild suggestion on this forum for over a year so it’s great to see it now finally gonna get worked on:D

Anyway, it’s a great list!