CDI- Process Evolution 2

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

Why should we discuss those smaller QoL changes, when the game has huge problems since the beginning?

• Conditions in PvE
  • CC in PvE
  • Uselessness of support builds
  • Still broken Class-mechanics (Necro: no heal in DS, 2s delay of utilities after leafing DS, … Ranger: pets die to fast, cant hit moving targets, do not scale with the owners stats, … and so on)
  • Stat difference between PvP, WvW and PvE (>30% make balancing impossible)
  • Boss/NPC design doesn’t fit to the rest of the game (1 hit every 5sec, no movement, immune to CC, don’t dodge, just huge life sponges, most of the time no cleaving attacks (vs. stacking), forget about there skills if there in no ranged player, …)
  • 1/3 of your skills can’t be used underwater (probably one of the reasons people hate underwater combat)
  • useless/broken traits on nearly every class since beta
  • useless/broken skills on nearly every class since beta
  • No filtering in the trading post
  • and many more

Why should the CDI concentrate on small UI fixes or quest rewards, when some of the core mechanics are broken since the beginning of the game?

(edited by unleashed.8679)

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

If you don’t need your Pristine Fractal Relics anymore, just turn them into regular ones.

Turning useless Relics into even more useless relics is not really an answer. The amount of things available from the Bot Store for relics of both kind is very small. And having ascended rings overflow that all u can do with is sell them for 4s and 95c is just laughable.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

If you don’t need your Pristine Fractal Relics anymore, just turn them into regular ones.

Turning useless Relics into even more useless relics is not really an answer. The amount of things available from the Bot Store for relics of both kind is very small. And having ascended rings overflow that all u can do with is sell them for 4s and 95c is just laughable.

The obsidian shards are nice. But yeah, I’m sick of the lack of things to do with relics.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hopefully, Arenanet choosing the next topic/topics doesn’t preclude the player-base from choosing topics in the future. It would be very interesting to see if we could development our own process for bringing organized content ideas forward. I would hate to see the CDI become the tune that we all dance to around the uncomfortable issues.

edit : and fishing

It does not preclude the community from choosing topics in the future. What we will do is once the next round of topics is over we will discuss how we feel the method of choosing the topics went this time and how we can evolve that moving forward if we all feel it is necessary to do so.

One thing of note:

’ I would hate to see the CDI become the tune that we all dance to around the uncomfortable issues.’

The CDI would be utterly pointless if this became the case (-: The game gets better because of tackling tough issues in the CDI. The Living World CDI was ‘Uncomfortable’ and Iam extremely happy with the positive impact that topic has already had in the game.

Chris

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

CDI update. We are still finalizing the topics for the next CDI round. Thanks for being so patient.

Chris

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

One thing of note:

’ I would hate to see the CDI become the tune that we all dance to around the uncomfortable issues.’

The CDI would be utterly pointless if this became the case (-: The game gets better because of tackling tough issues in the CDI. The Living World CDI was ‘Uncomfortable’ and Iam extremely happy with the positive impact that topic has already had in the game.

Chris

Playing devils advocate here:
I recall the first set of CDI’s heavily reinforcing the notion that if you guys can’t talk about something, then it’s off limits, no questions asked.

That’s not at all uncomfortable for us, but it’s a hell lot more uneasy for you to discuss – meaning, you can’t simply say you’ll tackle tough issues, when there are things, no doubt, be required for us to “back down” on, (so to speak)

I’d love to quote from one of the CDI’s but, hell…they’re titan threads.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

One thing of note:

Chris

Playing devils advocate here:
I recall the first set of CDI’s heavily reinforcing the notion that if you guys can’t talk about something, then it’s off limits, no questions asked.

That’s not at all uncomfortable for us, but it’s a hell lot more uneasy for you to discuss – meaning, you can’t simply say you’ll tackle tough issues, when there are things, no doubt, be required for us to “back down” on, (so to speak)

I’d love to quote from one of the CDI’s but, hell…they’re titan threads.

We can discuss any part of the game that is already live.

Chris

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

The obsidian shards are nice. But yeah, I’m sick of the lack of things to do with relics.

The only reason we use the relics to buy obi shards is because Karma got nerfed so bad that the new players can barely afford 2 maybe 3 piece of Karma armor from temples. We practically got nerfed 90% of our regular karma acquisition rather than giving us the ability to spend it on something useful at the time. They gave us the ability to spend it now, but Karma is scarce… Except for few that did not spend it all on Orian Boxes in hope to make a quick buck. That would actually be another topic I’d love to bring up: Karma.
But in all seriousness (not that I’m not serious about what I just wrote), not only did everything got worse after Fractured, but also the entire drop rate of practically anything got nerfed. To the point where some people not only cannot get the fractal skin they wanted for a long time, but cannot get a fractal skin period. And I don’t even want to bring up Essences into the equation because their drop rate just plummeted. Any improvement to fractals that made many hardcore fractal players remotely excited disregarding the reset, has been completely forgotten and not delivered at all. To make matters worse, nothing of importance (and I mean nothing) had been properly addressed.
Reason for reset was the idea of leaderboards that nobody I’ve ever played with even thought of mentioning. Once that was practically scrapped, the reasons of “confusion in terminology” was given. That is not proper addressing. Not to mention, it was mentioned many weeks after the fact. No communication what so ever on devs part. Fractured was rolled out, WP in story instance was fixed, everything else forgotten and left in the dust.
In middle of December I asked about their stand and was trying my best to communicate my feelings about the whole thing the clearest I possibly could. Got the response that Chris will think about it and respond if he and/or the team got something to say about the subject. That gave me and few remaining fractal enthusiasts some hope. Now, two months later, sadly but surely that hope is gone.
From my point of view Fractals was a one time thing, and since it actually gained some popularity, it was used for Living Story Meta for just two weeks. Many features were promises, some implemented, many are still broken (Instability lvl43). It is not something they feel is important to devote time to other than fixing “exploits” and “shortcuts” players had found because of pure hate in the community towards the dredge fractal (which also was promised to be balanced with Fractured). It wasn’t “exploited” and “short cut” because of wanting to exploit, it’s simply because the majority of fractal population hate that particular level. Hate being a strong word, but strongly deserved by the mechanics and length of that one single fractal. Many players have tried fractals over time, many have stopped, just because of this one particular level.
So once Fractals were used, broken and nerfed (more in some parts than others) it was left in the dust by on going Living Story which has now become Living World. I don’t feel any love from developers towards this particular GW2 feature, I don’t see the same passion and elegance that was once put into the trailer that was made more than a year ago. It now feels something that devs are trying to forget that ever happened. Omitting every plead, every post, every little question or suggestion that was directed towards that area that many of us learned to call home. But our home was invaded and mess was left behind, just like it’s soon to happen in Lion’s Arch. I’m sure with time we can rebuild LA with the ever-going Living Story. But Fractals… We cannot rebuild it by ourselves when our trusted contractors are not even answering our calls.

So please, show us some love. The same love you showed us when fractals first came out. Thank You.

(edited by Romo.3709)

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Chris

Including lets say, if a focus on micro-transactions is the way to go or how a focus on expansions sales might be a better (or not) idea?

I know thats a subject that Anet never seems to touch in the forums but for me the way to focus on the cash-shop effects the game is one of my main ‘problems’ with the game. Because monetization is mainly of the sort of things I would love to get in the game-world. What is not not really possible except for grinding gold.

(edited by Devata.6589)

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Hey Chris,

now that the new interviews and previews for the next Update are out, will you finally tell us how you guys figured out how to separate LS and PS?

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

videoboy.4162

Why should we discuss those smaller QoL changes, when the game has huge problems since the beginning?

• Conditions in PvE
  • CC in PvE
  • Still broken Class-mechanics (Necro: no heal in DS, 2s delay of utilities after leafing DS, … Ranger: pets die to fast, cant hit moving targets, do not scale with the owners stats, … and so on)
  • Boss/NPC design doesn’t fit to the rest of the game (1 hit every 5sec, no movement, immune to CC, don’t dodge, just huge life sponges, most of the time no cleaving attacks (vs. stacking), forget about there skills if there in no ranged player, …)
  • 1/3 of your skills can’t be used underwater (probably one of the reasons people hate underwater combat)
  • and many more

Why should the CDI concentrate on small UI fixes or quest rewards, when some of the core mechanics are broken since the beginning of the game?

Because a lot of what you just listed would improve the QoL of the game, but are mostly too small and specific to have an entire CDI dedicated to them?

In asking me that question, you just listed a bunch of examples of why it is needed. It also looks like you skipped some CDIs since you listed things we discussed.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

Chris

like watchwork picks?

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

like watchwork picks?

((Grrr. Froth. Snarl. Grrrr…))

I approve of enlightened self-interest and creative monetization.

The watchwork pick is neither of those things.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

gidorah.4960

like watchwork picks?

lol i dont particularly care about the pick i care that they want to stonewall people by ignoring them long enough till they get bitter and make the forums worse. its how the wvw forums got so toxic devs ignored them till people lost all respect for the wvw dev’s.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

like watchwork picks?

lol i dont particularly care about the pick i care that they want to stonewall people by ignoring them long enough till they get bitter and make the forums worse. its how the wvw forums got so toxic devs ignored them till people lost all respect for the wvw dev’s.

Are we going down this path again Gidorah?

Chris

(edited by Chris Whiteside.6102)

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Chris

Nah. By now, nobody actually expects you guys to talk with us about it.

But even if you did, an entire CDI on it would be overkill.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Chris

Personally I think a CDI on the BLT would be good to do at some point.

Chris

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It would certainly be… lively.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

Chris

Honestly, the sooner the better. We’re coming off of two major gem shop-related scandals that were pretty close to one another, and the issues behind them are such common sense that it’s worrying that the two products in question even saw the light of day in the first place.

(edited by Cliff.8679)

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

gidorah.4960

like watchwork picks?

Chris

how am i the bad guy here? if you didnt want people to bring up you arent addressing things why not just have someone address them?

(edited by gidorah.4960)

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Chris

Chris

On the BLT in general? Yes, good idea.

On the pick itself in specific? Too late, and serious overkill.

To be entirely honest, though, the BLT/Gem shop is one of those places where it feels like we’ve been talking to a wall. It may not be the biggest, most obstructing wall in the game, but it’s still a wall. A two-way conversation on it is LONG overdue.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

This post uses an example to show a point about devs communicating to players.
Not sure if this is the correct place but since it’s a feedback thread I figured I’d post it here.

About 2 days ago, there was a post on the elementalist forums about Meteor Shower not showing circles. I am genuinely surprised at the quick response from a Dev stating it’ll get fixed straight away.

You may be aware that elementalist players have been calling for changes and buffs for months, with few (if any) replies. Yet when some random joe calls for a nerf, it gets adressed and fixed asap. (I know it’s technically a bug, but it’ll still be a nerf in practice).

The problem isn’t the issue itself. The point is: if you want players to feel heard, reply with equal swiftness to buffs and nerfs alike. Because when the only elementalist-balance requests from non-elementalists are considered, it can make people feel ignored and cause them to get frustrated. Which will lead to raging and in thelong run, won’t help anyone.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato? That would be a delicious CDI and I’m sure Braham would approve.

Suffice to say, I don’t think a CDI on the pick is needed (I personally think the pick is fine – the drop rates for sprockets are unbelievably dreadful anyway – 10 seconds at the sprocket generator likely beats 4 hours of gathering with the pick) – a CDI on communication around matters like that is needed (how you handled the situation wasn’t fine).

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: whyme.3281

whyme.3281

Chris

Sounds nice, but there are a lot more important things that need to be discussed, that effect the core (conditions, class mechanic, mob AI,….) that shuold be adressed before BLT.
The player unl34shed made a list on top of this side.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Devata.6589

Chris

Chris

On the BLT in general? Yes, good idea.

On the pick itself in specific? Too late, and serious overkill.

To be entirely honest, though, the BLT/Gem shop is one of those places where it feels like we’ve been talking to a wall. It may not be the biggest, most obstructing wall in the game, but it’s still a wall. A two-way conversation on it is LONG overdue.

I would say how a focus on the cash-shop effects the game. Indeed not on something specific as the pick that would maybe be an example in the discussion but not the subject itself.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Chris

Sounds nice, but there are a lot more important things that need to be discussed, that effect the core (conditions, class mechanic, mob AI,….) that shuold be adressed before BLT.

From a PvE perspective the BLTC is at the core of why rewards in this game are mediocre at best. While I agree some other things are important as well, I hardly consider the effect the BLTC has a second rate concern.

Serenity now~Insanity later

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Devata.6589

Chris

Well if you look at the complains the most are related to temporary content (that has sort of been discussed (haven’t seen improvements there, still temporary achievements grinds, but discussed nonetheless) and another one is grind and grind is imho linked to the cash-shop.

Yes there are many other things going on but I don’t think they are the biggest or most important plus they are usually very detailed, hitting one specific thing while cash-shop or and grind hits many things at one.

Cash-shop can also be put against expansion so it really hits a lot.

But thats my 5 cents.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

unleashed.8679

• Conditions in PvE
  • CC in PvE
  • and many more

Because a lot of what you just listed would improve the QoL of the game, but are mostly too small and specific to have an entire CDI dedicated to them?

In asking me that question, you just listed a bunch of examples of why it is needed. It also looks like you skipped some CDIs since you listed things we discussed.

Yes, most of these topic would increase QoL, but I would count only one of them QoL-improvement (BLT filter). The rest are problems with the core mechanics of GW2. For me QoL means smaller changes on the GUI and player Controls, making life easier. (for example: use full stack of X, filters in BLT, … )

If some of these points are too small, mix them together. They are related with each other.

And yes i skipped some of the CDI, because i just didn’t care about that specific topic they addressed. It could be possible that some were discussed there, but that had to be off-topic in my opinion.

I think the topics chosen for the CDIs were to big and not specific enough leaving to much room for off-topic discussions. And some topics weren’t high priority in my opinion.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It would also be nice if players weren’t punished for trying to communicate with ArenaNet by the forum moderators.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

Chris

I second this notion.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

It would also be nice if players weren’t punished for trying to communicate with ArenaNet by the forum moderators.

Honestly, a CDI on BLTC + Communication Issues + Forum Moderation would be nice. I think that a lot of the anger players have comes from the instructions the moderators have been given (to be fair, in recent history they have generally only moderated threads that have turned into flame/troll wars).

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Chris

Chris

It should be two separate CDI. One for the gem store. One for the part where players are trading stuff with each other. Stuff like the very obvious missing/broken bits in the search function. The two are different enough that they shouldn’t be discussed together.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

videoboy.4162

I only suggested that you do that, so that they’d go into your Wallet and not take up extra space. =)

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

videoboy.4162

I took out the things that I know we’ve already discussed. I think we discussed that Ranger stuff too, but couldn’t quite recall.

You might want to go back and read some of the older CDIs. Judging by your thoughts, I think you might find them very interesting and that they may make you want to participate in newer discussions. Just remember, the Topic Titles may seem like they’re too specific, but we end up covering a wide range of things that fall under said titles too.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

This. In the last week alone, there have been mulit-thousand post threads removed, because one or two posts were directly critical of Anet. They were full of reasonable criticism and suggestions.

Honestly, I rather expect to get another slap for this post, but it does have to be addressed.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

like watchwork picks?

Chris

It would honestly be very timely and useful for both ANet and the players to go down just that path, although with a tone of respect.
Because he does have a very valid point.
It annoys players and it gives you a very bad image that you completely ignore replying at all with any substantial post to any of the threads about the subject. All that has been replied is “go here and discuss it instead” or “we’re locking this thread because it’s inflammatory”.
Therefore it would be very nice to have a CDI about the interaction between ANet and the players. It would also be very nice to have a CDI about the BLT.

Because both of these topics are very fresh at the moment and they are very much in both yours and the players’ interests.
I believe that I can talk for all of the players in this subject saying that you keep quiet way too much. We want you to talk about stuff and talk with us about stuff.

Personally I love the EverQuest Next Landmark team for that.
At the start of Landmark, they had a pretty unfortunate and severe problem that caused the first wipe and they went into very much detail and explained to the players exactly what the problem was and how they solved it. That earns them alot of confidence and trust and sympathy from the players and gives the players an understanding of why things are like they are.
I wish ANet would be as open. It would give you the same amount of trust and sympathy. CDI is a nice step, but it’s not enough.

(edited by Mikuchan.7261)

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

I am not sure how to bridge the gap between the community and the developers. To me, it seems vast. For example, you are talking about a CDI on the BLT, but the BLT, while it needs improvements, it is far from the most concerning issue to the average player.

To the dungeon players, the dungeon forums are completely abandoned. You do not see a developer there ever, unless it is to move threads with serious concerns from the main discussion section to the dungeon graveyard.

We have issues with:
1. Conditions caps.
2. Dungeon and Fractals and the lack of new instanced content.
3. The many in game currencies and how cannot exchange between them.
4. The creature AI. The AI on enemies has not improved, the population has, this makes the game too easy.
5. Why some classes have it all (Warrior) while others seems forgotten (Necro).
6. The state of Ascended gearing.
7. Alt friendliness: Soul bound vs. Account bound
8. PvP modes: Death Match, Duels, King of the Hill, etc.
9. UnderFlows: The state of the lonely servers.
10. What to do with ascended rings, fractal relics, pristine fractal relics, etc.

I think you should have a list of topics and people should pick the top 5 by voting. Those 5 will be the base for one combined or several smaller CDIs.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Chris

Chris

It should be two separate CDI. One for the gem store. One for the part where players are trading stuff with each other. Stuff like the very obvious missing/broken bits in the search function. The two are different enough that they shouldn’t be discussed together.

I somewhat agree. A CDI about the gem shop would likely revolve around definitions of P2W and vertical item progression. We have discussed that amongst ourselves already and the only pertinent information Arenanet could offer is their own definitions. Personally, I think providing those definitions is necessary. Suspense is all well and good in story telling but not in the monetization of storytelling.

Hello Chris Whiteside and thank you for the response. Would you be able to describe the process the dev team used in deciding upon the next topic? I’m not looking for a gotcha moment, just think it would help in the process of mutual emulation. Knowing how the dev team chooses topics would help us choose future topics.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

In summary we will be doing the following changes to best working practices around the CDI based on this discussion:

1: I will ask collaborators to discuss and propose points succinctly.
2: I will build a ‘suggested’ template for the format of proposals.
3: We will do broader advertising of the CDI topics so more community members are aware.
4: I will post specific dates for the start and end of CDI topics.
5: We will not let topics run and run. (To be honest I am quite disappointed with much of the commentary being way of topic over the last few pages and this is due to me leaving the thread open when it had run its course.)
6: We will reassess Topic determination after the next round of CDI topics.
7: Where possible we will try to run CDI topics concurrently.
8: I will discuss the creation of a sub forum for CDI with the Community team.

Thanks once again for your input and passion toward Guild Wars 2 and in this specific case the CDI.

We now know the topics for the next round of CDIs and I will publish these on Friday.

Chris

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Chris

Chris

I somewhat agree. A CDI about the gem shop would likely revolve around definitions of P2W and vertical item progression. We have discussed that amongst ourselves already and the only pertinent information Arenanet could offer is their own definitions. Personally, I think providing those definitions is necessary. Suspense is all well and good in story telling but not in the monetization of storytelling.

Hello Chris Whiteside and thank you for the response. Would you be able to describe the process the dev team used in deciding upon the next topic? I’m not looking for a gotcha moment, just think it would help in the process of mutual emulation. Knowing how the dev team chooses topics would help us choose future topics.

Say what?? You want us to chose topics that ANet wants to talk about instead of topics that we want to talk about. How sycophantic can you be? The whole idea of this thing is for players to be able to bring up topics and idea/complaints/suggestions that are important to us … irrespective of what ANet thinks. Not that any of that has worked, of course, but still …

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

Chris

Chris

Say what?? You want us to chose topics that ANet wants to talk about instead of topics that we want to talk about. How sycophantic can you be? The whole idea of this thing is for players to be able to bring up topics and idea/complaints/suggestions that are important to us … irrespective of what ANet thinks. Not that any of that has worked, of course, but still …

Cactus… entire forum is here for expressing our ideas, complains and suggestions. 99% of topics have no respons from devs which is fine since nobody can read everything but there are also highly popular topics with several hundred pages with no response and even whole forum sections (namely “dungeons”) with no Anet response whatsoever. It has clearly no point to talk about something ,that Anet doesnt want to talk about. Lets not waste time by talking about something that would be swiped under rug after end of the particular CDI.

(edited by Brahmincorle.1264)

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Chris

Chris

The CDI group discussed determination of topics in this thread and decided to try having us choose the next topics for this round (previously topics were voted for). We will see how this goes and go from there. I would suggest you read the thread thoroughly before making just broad assumptions in future.

’ Not that any of that has worked, of course, but still ..’

Finally I am sorry you feel this way about the CDI. Should you have been following it closely you would already have seen the massive impact it has had in game.

Regardless thanks for your feedback.

Chris

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Please let me know folks if there is anything I have missed before I lock and sticky this thread.

Chris

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Chris

Chris

Cactus… entire forum is here for expressing our ideas, complains and suggestions. 99% of topics have no respons from devs which is fine since nobody can read everything but there are also highly popular topics with several hundred pages with no response and even whole forum sections (namely “dungeons”) with no Anet response whatsoever. It has clearly no point to talk about something ,that Anet doesnt want to talk about. Lets not waste time by talking about something that would be swiped under rug after end of the particular CDI.

I agree with everything except your conclusion. It’s like saying that you should vote for a candidate you don’t like just because the one you do like didn’t get on the ballot. Your approach doesn’t accomplish anything, and in fact reinforces behaviors you don’t want to see.

It is truly sad if we’ve gotten to the point where we just have to cave in because nothing else works.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Chris, can you address, at all, the over the top locking and deletion of entire threads over one or two posts?

There are thousands of suggestions that are worthwhile, and simply disappearing, because someone dared say anything less than wonderful about Anet.

For an example – the last one I took part in was completely removed because I pointed out that the game is rather poorly optimised for high-end systems. Nothing rude, just a statement of fact. Then something like 2000 posts just disappeared, because that qualifies as “Calling out of an Anet employee”.

It’s things like this, more than anything, that lead to the entire “the devs never listen” attitude throughout the forums/game.

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I don’t mean to sound like an kitten or displeased with the whole CDI or impatient for that matter…
But when will there be actions as of result from previous CDIs (Story, Character progression)?
To a degree I understand that certain changes require time for things to settle (and to be developed), but small changes can still happen that would move things forward later… right? Just another way to acquire ascended armor (dont say drops…) would go a long way.

I believe someone already mentioned, when a change happens as a result of a CDI it should be pointed out. It would be neat to see what impact the CDIs already have had.

The only thing exciting looking forward to right now is the next “balance” patch (including re-worked runes?). To see how many changes (nerfs) are made to my main class. And to try and adapt after the patch.

Still CDI is already something new that no other game (might be ignorant here) is doing or have done. So overall it’s already a good step forward. Neat to see/read suggestions ideas.

(Sorry to make this one of the last posts…)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Chris, can you address, at all, the over the top locking and deletion of entire threads over one or two posts?

There are thousands of suggestions that are worthwhile, and simply disappearing, because someone dared say anything less than wonderful about Anet.

For an example – the last one I took part in was completely removed because I pointed out that the game is rather poorly optimised for high-end systems. Nothing rude, just a statement of fact. Then something like 2000 posts just disappeared, because that qualifies as “Calling out of an Anet employee”.

It’s things like this, more than anything, that lead to the entire “the devs never listen” attitude throughout the forums/game.

I will work with our community team and look into this.

Chris

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Chris

Chris

I agree with everything except your conclusion. It’s like saying that you should vote for a candidate you don’t like just because the one you do like didn’t get on the ballot. Your approach doesn’t accomplish anything, and in fact reinforces behaviors you don’t want to see.

It is truly sad if we’ve gotten to the point where we just have to cave in because nothing else works.

Again, if the majority of posters in this thread had wanted a different approach, we would have seen that. I expressed my desire for ArenaNet to choose the topics this time, and then we, the players, would vote on which topic we would most like to discuss. As much as someone might like to discuss certain topics, ArenaNet has stated emphatically that certain areas of the game are ‘out-of-bounds discussion-wise’, so why vote to discuss things that will not be discussed. It would be harmful to the game and the company to publicly discuss certain developments. I, for one, would much rather discuss topics that will garner more feedback from the Devs. It seems, I am not alone and, in fact, am part of the majority. Thus, for the next CDI, ArenaNet chooses the topics for selection, and we vote! =)

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

unleashed.8679

Just one thing:

don’t make the topics of the CDI too big. Probably start more smaller topics instead of one big one. (if possible)

CDI- Process Evolution 2

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

In summary we will be doing the following changes to best working practices around the CDI based on this discussion:

1: I will ask collaborators to discuss and propose points succinctly.
2: I will build a ‘suggested’ template for the format of proposals.
3: We will do broader advertising of the CDI topics so more community members are aware.
4: I will post specific dates for the start and end of CDI topics.
5: We will not let topics run and run. (To be honest I am quite disappointed with much of the commentary being way of topic over the last few pages and this is due to me leaving the thread open when it had run its course.)
6: We will reassess Topic determination after the next round of CDI topics.
7: Where possible we will try to run CDI topics concurrently.
8: I will discuss the creation of a sub forum for CDI with the Community team.
9: Posts will be removed moving forward if they are not pertinent to the topic of the CDI.

Thanks once again for your input and passion toward Guild Wars 2 and in this specific case the CDI.

We now know the topics for the next round of CDIs and I will publish these on Friday.

Chris

Update:

9: Posts will be removed moving forward if they are not pertinent to the topic of the CDI.

Chris