Collaborative Development- Request for Topics

in CDI

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

1: Guildhalls
2: Guild management options
3: commander tag variety (a wvw commander and guildbounty commander only have a tag and name of commander in common, for the rest they are totally different)

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in CDI

Posted by: minizero.1432

minizero.1432

PVE:
1. Fractal rewards (time & difficulty VS reward; and also fractal weapon bad RNG system)
2. Evolution of dungeons (adding / improving dungeons and fractals)
3. The wardrobe system (goes together with more cool armors to craft / farm / loot/ buy)

in CDI

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

1. Ascended items (specifically, their removal)
2. Fixing conditions in PvE (objects, bosses being attacked by multiple people)
3. Permanent content instead of temporary

in CDI

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

PVE:

1. Armor variance/looks for light and medium compared to heavy armor. It just seems heavy armor is really favoured in Anet, it looks so much better than light and medium. But medium is by far the worst, it’s trenchcoats and you have yet to add new armor that can be acquired through drop loot. What I mean by new armor is actual new armor not some renamed skin like the Etherized shoulders (TERRIBLE).

2. Class balance – Warriors are overpowered and can do everything better than any other class in the game (except stealth because they don’t have that). Why this favortism of the warrior class? You are ruining pvp of Guild wars 2 – you are stagnating it to the point where warriors are the prime and be all.

3. Rewards in regards to everything – Right now everything is either super expensive and it takes ages to gain gold the traditional way (farming certain items) and a huge timesink / gold sink. Legendarys look unappealing to most people.

in CDI

Posted by: Plagiarised.2865

Plagiarised.2865

1. Living Story
2. Lore Presentation
3. Role play

in CDI

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

1. GvG
2. guild halls
3. sPvP formats

in CDI

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

1) Extrinsic Rewards based on merit, not gold
2) More Armour skins, this game was based on cosmetic yet that option is limited
3) Time vs. Reward vs. Skill, stop the zerg farming / TP flipping

in CDI

Posted by: risa.1382

risa.1382

• Rewarding and challenging gameplay that doesn’t require a group or a zerg
  • Rewarding and challenging gameplay that doesn’t require a group or a zerg
  • Fit and polish on all armors

in CDI

Posted by: Silvos.8653

Silvos.8653

1) Ranger Pets: Saving pet names on the ranger for every pet. Not just the ones you have equipped.
2) Living Stories.
3) Making account bound items merchable.

in CDI

Posted by: Kragh.6729

Kragh.6729

1) Non randomised reward content that truely impacts the will to strive for something like more armor parts that are just one off parts but you can work into a set of armor llike the F&F gloves (Banks getting overloaded on Back items).

2) More story about your character, impacted by the asnwers you chose at the start (I miss my warband).

3) Making the condition damage system personal, so that it still stacks, but only records player stacks individually, because it feels that having more then two bleed stacking people is just punishing.

in CDI

Posted by: PandemicPanda.2619

PandemicPanda.2619

1 more dungeons and or fractals
2 class balance
3 better rewards for raidbosses

in CDI

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

1) Living story that performs the task originally set for it. To be a slow and gradual evolution of the game, not a set of apparently random temporary events aimed purely at staving off player boredom. Quality over quantity please. I don’t mind waiting 2-4 months for new content instead of 2 weeks if the result is story that feels like it’s coherent and leads somewhere rather than star trek episodes where what happens one week has no bearing on the next. “We’ve invented a fantastic new device, but for some reason we will never use or mention it ever again after this one event.”
2)More feedback into the world based on your choices in the story. Having played the game on multiple characters I would say that after the second battle of claw island nothing you did in the first half of the story makes the slightest bit of difference to the second, which isn’t very personal is it?
3)New lands and races. I’ve explored the current world, I want to go off the map we’re on now and see more of those places I remember from GW1 but can’t go to any more. I’m aware of the difficulties with Cantha, but I’d at least like to see a move towards preparing for the next elder dragon campaign soon, whichever one it may be.

in CDI

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I assume this is a request for general topics, not for points we want to make on said topics, so I’ll keep it short and sweet:

1) RP support – environmental interaction, animations, wardrobe, musical instruments with player pre-made songs and the like.

2) Housing/guild halls – plans, time frame for implementation.

3) QoL upgrades – better sorting in TP (more categories, more filters), UI changes and customization, buying stacks, using stacks, ability to keep interacting with a repair merchant to both repair and sell, etc.

in CDI

Posted by: Xehanort.4589

Xehanort.4589

1) Condition cap
2) Reward vs effort unbalance across different areas of the game (fractals/dungeons/open world pve and mainly events not worth even looking at if all they give is 2 silver)
3) Tequatl requiring too many players thus making him a real problem with the overflow system. I fear you will revamp the other bosses in a similar manner, creating even more overflow problems. The number of players required to take him down should be around 50% of the map capacity, so that othert people could still keep doing other stuff on the map without passively damaging those who are doing the boss.

in CDI

Posted by: Lil Green Dragn.8049

Lil Green Dragn.8049

1) Skin storeage
2) Lore and storytelling
3) More cosmetic rewards

in CDI

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

1- Player Housing: Mentioned in the past and only gets glancing snippets here and there in interviews.

2. Guild Halls- One of the bigger things that I’d love to see added to the game. Give a guild objectives to work towards to create their own fortress/castle.

3. In-Game Journal- This is me personally, but it be nice if we could have one. You could have information jotted in there about creatures you meet and defeat (becoming more comprehensive the more you fight), books you discover and events that occur in the game world. Also, you can have it linked to the Living Story, make it our go to item as we find information and jot it down in our journals, using them as references to the next plot point, as well as taking down information lore heavy that otherwise would end up being unused or plopped on the main website. Making it static would be the best bet, not like letting us personally write stuff in there.

in CDI

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

PvE (Selfishly):

1.) Weapon Damage not being applied to kits. Why should engis bother for ascended and legendary weapons?

2.) Hobo-Sacks & Shields. So much of the end game is cosmetic based and yet Engis loose out on showing off an entire slot (with some of the cooler textures) by either equipping a shield or using a kit.

3.) Class Balance & Builds

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in CDI

Posted by: Crimsonified.6418

Crimsonified.6418

1) Dungeons.

2) Living World.

3) Moar dungeons

That is all, thank you

in CDI

Posted by: leila.7962

leila.7962

1) A more useful mini map – For example, on GW1 you could see the aggro dots on the map and their range towards you. Currently all you see are nodes and npcs, party members and commanders.

Some people don’t even look at drawings on it while inside instances because they are used to it being kind of useless.

2) Give us a specific option to go straight to Traits tab? I believe a lot of people would like to have a button assigned to the Trait window, because during instances people do change traits

3)Weapon sets – Because opening the hero tab to change my combination of weapons is just a killer, huge window popping whenever i wanna change

in CDI

Posted by: Arkana.3219

Arkana.3219

1) Giving a sense of progression and purpose after all hearts and the personal story are completed (e.g.: server-wide missions tied to the living story, any kind of “building” game (for housing or a guild hall?)…)

2) Making the world more dynamic (i.e.: procedurally generated events, not always the same scripted events in the same place)

3) Adding horizontal progression after level cap (e.g.: the new weapons and skills that are going to be added into the game)

in CDI

Posted by: Rebekka.6875

Rebekka.6875

1. Costume Maker
- Same kind of service as GW1 have. When player have bought a costume or Armor from Gem shop, it would be available from this NPC.

2. Festival Hat Maker
- Same kind of service as GW1 have. When character have Festival hat from specific festival, like Wintersday, Halloween and so on, character can show that hat to Festival Hat Maker and “store” it in further use. It will cost small amount of money to make that hat to another character in same account.

3. Heroes
- Heroes what character could call to help in all instances, like Personal Story, Dungeons. In Gem shop could be sale “Mercenary Hero slots” what would be available to whole account when bought. Player could make at first 4 mercenary heroes from his/her lvl 80 characters for themselves. Heroes would be downscaled as player in low level instances. Same system as in GW1. (When expansion will come, those mercenary heroe slots could be bought more than 4, if party size would be greater in expansions)

in CDI

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

1. Ascended Items/Removal of the power creep vertical progression that is being implemented
2. Anet instituted gambling in the gem store (RNG)
3. Third Heavy Armor Class

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in CDI

Posted by: Tatzen.4710

Tatzen.4710

1) Ascended gear / gear grind.

I did not quit WoW just to grind in yet another game or suffer another treadmill. And soon to be added ascended armour to grind? No!

2) Class balance

I play a warrior and guardian and know what they can do. I’d love to play my engineer or necromancer more, but those classes are an unnecessary “hard/slow mode”.

3) Reliance on RNG rather than skill or achievement.

Best rewards are from grinding and random loot drops (precursors, rare skins). Questing/dungeoneering does little more than earn gold for which to trade to those lucky enough to get a RNG drop.

in CDI

Posted by: Cicatrix.6149

Cicatrix.6149

1. More armor skins? Enough with the backs and weapon skins already? The topic is: WHERE ARE ALL THE NEW ARMOR SKINS? I’m still wearing the same dungeon skins since launch, because outside of a few gem store items, I have no other options.

2. Giving each final explorable dungeon boss, final fractal boss, and open world boss in the game a chance to drop “unique” weapons AND armor without adding more Tequatl “ghost town” fights in the open world (nerf Tequatl btw, yeh… I SAID IT, it’s a completely ignored boss by nearly everyone). The drops should be unique, non-tradeable, account bound, and there should be at least a .05 – .10 chance of one of these items dropping. I would add the “skin wardrobe” to this, but it’s been mentioned that it’s already in the works.

3. Equalizing damage across all classes so every class maxing out damage can do roughly the same amount of damage as any other class.

TL;DR
1. More Armor skins.
2. Unique boss drops on all bosses without making hardcore content to get them.
3. Damage equalization between classes.

(edited by Cicatrix.6149)

in CDI

Posted by: Procop.1579

Procop.1579

1) Skill based rewards rather than RNG.

2) Instead of more mobs, more boss mechanics please.( Red surface and Red rings are bad), more tested content.

3) Please give more rewards for WvWing. Allowing few commanders to skip pass the ques would be nice, server votes a limited number of commanders for the week or something like that.

(edited by Procop.1579)

in CDI

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

PVE:
1. Class Balance and Bugs (eg: ranger pets and moving targets)
2. Guild Halls and other community landscapes
3. Gameplay depth

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

in CDI

Posted by: Inochi.3219

Inochi.3219

1. New true content, make the new maps be more challenger, go back to the old style of RPGs, on the new maps the technology inst 100%, so we don’t have the waypoints working, in place the wp we have some asuras building the waypoint, like we were rly getting new places and with new updates, these waypoints would be completed and working, giving a idea of true living world. New kind of events, history quest and why not, side quests too.

2. New level cap, I understand one thing, in GW2 level cap is nothing, you can raise the cap to 90, and two hours later, everyone get this level. So, with the new maps and contents with the “new world to explore theme”, you can make a new kind of level, not levels, but like the WvW a Rank, Adventurer Rank, this rank will give to you new bonus, new skills (for example, ppl can learn new skills with veteran NPCs of determinate class, a veteran warrior of a specific new map can teach 2 new skills, one for warrior with greatsword and another to sword, so players can make a side quest to learn this new skills.) With this new content we have new materials, new crafts and new gears. (And PLS the Ascended Armors appearance are horrible, change that).

3. Social Stuff(date, marriage, emoticons, etc), Guild stuff (guild house(Decoration(Make some of them craftable ), expansion, etc), guild rank based on participation of the members (participation on guild missions, WvW, etc))

there a lot of things I can put in this post, I played a lot of MMOs for 8 years and I always paid attention on the game systems , know what works and not, but i’m sure noone will read after all. lol~

in CDI

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

player house crafting

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.

in CDI

Posted by: Keriana.9635

Keriana.9635

1) Story-based content
2) Class balance and class improvements (particularly for staff ele)
3) Player housing

in CDI

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

• Disproportional rewards between doing easy, almost no-risk tasks and coordinate plays (champ farm trains vs dungeons).
  • Complete 180 turn from “play how you want” to “play how we want”, being pushed to do content one might not enjoy but feels is being forced to in order to get more powerful items (acquisition of ascended gear).
  • Lack of substantial influence of control aspect except pulls, e.g. defiance on bosses, especially on high level fractal bosses that have more than 25 stacks of defiance.

(edited by haviz.1340)

in CDI

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

Guild Halls
Better Guild Tools/Diagnostics
Better Roll-Play Tools

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

in CDI

Posted by: Joanna.6589

Joanna.6589

1) More armor sets
2) More character creation ( adding 3 hairstyles doesnt exactly help the clone sittuation and in a game where everything is about cosmetics and not about stats you might as wel give us good options. cause your seriously lacking in that department..
3) more skill options… to feel more unique in your playing style

in CDI

Posted by: Chidori.9483

Chidori.9483

PvE:
1. RNG
2. Dungeons
3. Build templates

PvP: honestly, everything but:

1. Rewards system, please make skins you get a perm unlock rather than one time use..
2. Glory farming..
3. It would be nice if you could gain exp from PvP like you do from WvW, however the glory farming has to be fixed first

LOYALTY | HONOR | DEDICATION | RESPECT | FAMILY | LIQUOR
_____________________ VANQUISH _____________________

in CDI

Posted by: Eglesia.5049

Eglesia.5049

1) Bring back the Phoenix (and rainbow if possible)!

2) Add a Spear-class to GW2 (similar to that of a paragon).

3) In the upcoming year, please add dwarves to the game.

Thank you! :-)

(edited by Eglesia.5049)

in CDI

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Three most important issues with GW2 is the three most boring an un-sexy of them all. But they are absolutely required.

1.) Bug Fixing
2.) Class Balancing
3.) Performance Improvements

Everything else is pointless and a waste of time if those three are ignored as they have been. Every time I run in to a bug it lowers my enjoyment of the game, everytime a class has an excessive advantage over all others lowers my enjoyment of the game, and craptastic game performance severly lowers my enjoyment of the game.

In short the three above ruin an otherwise extremely enjoyable game.

in CDI

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

1. Conditions & Condition Builds doing trivial damage vs. objects and stack limits on world bosses
1A. Class Balance & Build Diversity

2. Ascended gear & associated crafting grind. I don’t think that the crafting of the actual weapons (empyreal/dragonite/bloodstone & even the time-gated deldrimor ingot and spiritwood) was terrible. Having to level to 500 at cost of 100’s of gold or gathering a bazillion ancient/ori was just a dumb add-on requirement. Expected addition of armor only makes is seem like the treadmill is spinning faster.

3. 2 week content cycle – too fast for stuff that disappears.

(edited by thehipone.6812)

in CDI

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

1) Condition Damage – stack limits & ineffectiveness on structures

2) More Light Armor – more actual armor (i.e., non-stripper, non-fluffy) choices; or let all professions wear all armors

3) Chat UI improvements – customizable sounds, popup alerts, etc.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in CDI

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Hello I would like to discuss Lingering Elements.

It is an elementalist trait that has been bugged for 420 days (and counting).

link

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in CDI

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Hi All,

Thanks all for taking the time to post your topics. This thread will be closing on Tuesday 22nd Oct at 6pm PST. From there we will count up the the individual topics to ascertain which one is the most popular in this area.

ChrisW

in CDI

Posted by: Zemarca.6218

Zemarca.6218

1) More and larger WVW maps & zerg reduction strategies (maybe make siege matter not just flame rams and arrow carts).
2) Make Orr better by having people actually enjoy going there. Orr should be where everyone wants to go after turning 80, not just for the loot but for fun as well.
3) Reward Structure.

in CDI

Posted by: Sargine.8036

Sargine.8036

1) Everyone looking for 3x warrior, 1 guard, 1 mesmer for dungeons (aka class balance)
2) The lack of possibilities to actually get ascended gear
3) Bugfixing

in CDI

Posted by: Crazy Penguin.3568

Crazy Penguin.3568

1) High skill content, (without being forced in a zerg who don’t know the mechanic).
2) medium armor that isn’t a trench coat
3) charr tail clipping fix.

in CDI

Posted by: Hawkeye.2903

Hawkeye.2903

As a veteran gamer from MMO’s of the past I’d like these 3 things implemented…

1. HIGHER NUMBER OF WEAPON SKILLS, should be able to make choices on several different skill options, some skills available only as high level, feel like you are working towards something in “training” on your weapons as you lvl up. **Keep same number of active slots just increase number of “choosable” skills per weapon (similar to traits).

2. HAVE DYNAMIC EVENTS THAT FAIL HAVE ZONE/SERVER-WIDE CONSEQUENCES, if events aren’t done, have “takeovers” by the enemy of the zone, create a viable reason to go to zone/city that have low populations, and if “cleansed” have great rewards.

3. PROFESSION/RACE STRUCTURE SHOULD HAVE GREATER VARIANCE of usage, I am not asking for the Trinity, but please each class should have something that they stand out as wayyy better than other classes, and some weakness/limit that makes them more vulnerable more than any other class. e.g. Warriors – Weakness: Melee weapons only, moderate damage mitigation / Strength: Highest DPS, can equip all melee weapons.

Just my opinions…love the game.

in CDI

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Hi All,

Thanks all for taking the time to post your topics. This thread will be closing on Tuesday 22nd Oct at 6pm PST. From there we will count up the the individual topics to ascertain which one is the most popular in this area.

ChrisW

Please tell me that this includes tallying up all of the “+1’s” a post received behind the scenes. There are a lot of lurkers around here that will give the + 1 thumbs up to a post rather than post themselves.

in CDI

Posted by: PAX.4160

PAX.4160

1: Living World
Specifically, accessibility of the majority of Living Story content to a majority of gamers vs. accessibility only to those gamers with lots of time and/or twitch skills
2: Time vs. Reward
Specifically, the amount of gold/gems required to acquire the only new skins being added to the game and to acquire Legendary precursors
3: The Economy
Specifically, the advantages versus disadvantages of emulating a real world economy in an entertainment product economy as much as GW2 currently does

in CDI

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

- Classes improvement and balance, teh actual game is just click n kill for some classes.
- The way ascended items are aquired is a mess.
- More mechanincs into the engine and im not talking things like the trampoline to kill Tequalt wich looks childy.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in CDI

Posted by: Bratpirat.6137

Bratpirat.6137

1) More love for dungeons and fractals, make challenging encounters like putting teqwaitl or claw of jormag in a 5 or 10 man dungeon where they could be balanced to be worthy opponents. I like bossfights were my actions matter, not beeing in a mindless zerg. Also Risk vs Reward.

2) Classbalancing: I would be great if conditionbuilds would be viable in pve. Pets need some love. They are still very situational in dungeons and for some classes like necro uncontrollabe (walking through orr with a fleshgolem is like walking with a girl through a shoppingcenter)

3) No ascended armor plz. Ascended stuff were the worst part added to the game and took a lot of the “play how you want feeling” away.

in CDI

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

6) Build variety – It is a fact, by numbers, that the build choices in GW2 is nowhere as diverse as GW1. Back in GW1 every character have 2 professions, with each having 100s of skills to choose from. In GW2, the characters are limited to 4X5=20 utilities skills and weapons skills, each set that we can’t even choose for ourselves.

The developers said before that this makes the game easier to balance and remove the chances of players carrying totally useless builds. etc

But have they ever asked the players what they want?

Build variety was a huge part of GW1. I used to spent hours designing my build and skills to the just the way I wanted it. I would often ping my build to my team and they would go wtf. But afterwards they would praise the usefulness of my build.

I will give one single example as prove. I am probably one of the very few necromancers that combined Foul Feast with Melandru’s Resilience to keep conditions off the whole party nearly 24/7. Thanks the the energy regen from all those conditions I also can nuke none stop for devastating damage. I tanked like a beast. This was just one of the many crazy things I tried in GW1. I was one of the most experienced blood mage in GW1, who used and stayed with blood magic throughout the whole GW1 sega.

In a nutshell, my GW1 necro is mine necro. She is unique. She does thing her own way. Everyone say blood magic sucks, but my necro disagree and she prevailed.

Can’t do that in GW2. GW2 gave me no room for creativity. My GW2 necro is a shadow of my former self. Obviously I cannot remove conditions, nuke or even tank nearly as well as my GW1 necro.

My GW2 necro is pretty much just like every other necros out there.

I feel in GW2 many classes are pigeon holed into a few builds. So what’s the problem? Well let’s say I play a Guardian and I suck at it. Well there is nothing I can do, because there is not enough build choices for me to improve. There is only a few ways for a guardian to play, and if I suck at those few ways then I must switch profession.

I think a vote of the subject of “build variety” should be held. Ask the players if they miss the build variety of the GW1 days. Do they want the duel profession system back? etc.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in CDI

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

PvE

1. Customizable Guild Halls/Player Housing: There is no measure to how much these add to the game. Such a simple concept adds SO much to guild cohesiveness and player retention.

2. Risk/Time v. Reward Ratio: This needs so much work, I honestly don’t know where to start or how to fix it. The champion loot update was a welcome addition. However, it created a system where people can gain great rewards with negligble risk. Meanwhile, dungeons that may take half an hour give 1g. Props on adding gold to dungeons, but you need to re-visit how much gold each path gets. Unique rewards/dungeon chests (a la Scarlet’s TA path) with unique skins/items/crafting materials would also help.

3. Lore Presentation: The short stories for each event are AMAZING. Even more amazing is the HUGE disconnect between the atmosphere in the short story and the actual content. The game is rated T; however, DON’T BE AFRAID TO GET DARKER. Games that are rated T: (Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Portal, Infamous, Uncharted, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, KotR, GUILD WARS). You have the talent to make amazing stories…use that talent!

just wanted to end by saying you guys are doing an excellent job! It’s amazing to have an update every 2 weeks. Keep at it…I have a feeling you’ve only scratched the surface of the possibilities of GW2.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

(edited by Vorch.2985)

in CDI

Posted by: Riversdale.4987

Riversdale.4987

1. Personal/Guild Housing

2. Dungeons

3. Living World