11 days more to craft a light armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Lea.6194

Lea.6194

Hi,

It will took us 11 days more to craft a light armor compared to an heavy one.
I think this is quite inequitable.

This should have been equilibrate by making the insignia (3 bolt of damask actually) beeing crafted with a mix of elonian leather square (2) and bolt of damask (1) for exemple ?

in Crafting

Posted by: Marna Nindar.8120

Marna Nindar.8120

Even as a heavy armor user (mostly), I think that they should have figured out something to prevent that.

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Why nobody is answering this issue?
:(

i play only light armor characters and i need 3 armors…….4 months seems too much.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I only play a guardian, so I wouldn’t know about this. Why is it taking you longer?

in Crafting

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Light armor needs 36 damask, because in addition to the 18 you need for inscriptions, you need 18 more for the armor components. Medium and heavy armor components require less (6 for medium and 7 for heavy, I think, for totals of 24 and 25 respectively).

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lea.6194

Lea.6194

light armor craft requires 36 bolts of damas (and 6 elonian leather square)
It should have been more equilibrate with elonian leather square …

in Crafting

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

My question is why make all three crafting professions use cloth materials to make an insignia? Why not have Armorsmithing require metals and Leatherworking require leather materials? It would, in my opinion, help balance out the material costs when crafting armor because it removes the current strain on cloth materials that the current system does.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

(edited by TriggerSad.2597)

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I tend to agree that Anet might want to review this disparity in time-gating and make some changes.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Juan.4569

Juan.4569

That cant be their intention? There is no reason for this to be like this. My Mesmer weeps

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Tailoring as always used more cloth to make the gear, it is cloth based after all. It’s only now more noticeable due to the time gate. However you can skip it by them allowing the materials to be tradeable.

Either hope that Damask falls in price (and it should in time), so that you can essentially trade the mats by selling what you don’t need. Or work out some material trade among your friends.

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

That cant be their intention? There is no reason for this to be like this. My Mesmer weeps

i play mesmer and ele Q__Q what should i say?
4 months to get my armors?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

We know Anet prefer heavy classes to light, I am working on crafting this armor for my necro, the bolts of damask seem to be holding steady on the market at around 14-15G, as the supply isn’t that high compared to others.

in Crafting

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Most likely be 7-11g tomorrow after the reset, and possibly less the day after for the bolts of damask, as the supply will keep increasing each day, as more people level up their crafting, and more people start making them each day.

I expect to see a price around 5-7g within a weeks time.

Although I could be wrong, I’m just speculating a bit.

in Crafting

Posted by: keadlaw.6350

keadlaw.6350

An easy way to fix this would be to remove the time gate on the leather/metal/cloth and replace it with a 4-5 day CD on the vision and lesser vision crystal.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

The only thing stupid than time-gating is unequal time gating.

But then again, this type of lack of simple math / foresight is par for the course.

slow clap

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

We know Anet prefer heavy classes to light, ……

You really typed that….and believe it?

shakes head and wanders off into the morass of these forums

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: mercenarynox.1695

mercenarynox.1695

Can we possibly get a dev’s clarity on this? I’m a little confused as to why there is such a massive gap between light armor and everything else here. I can only assume it might be some sort of bug, why else would it be the case I wonder.

in Crafting

Kincaidia.3192

He’s talking about the warrior love.

Which is as true as the pope is catholic.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

He’s talking about the warrior love.

Which is as true as the pope is catholic.

Posted the day after warriors were nerfed and every other class was buffed.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

An easy way to fix this would be to remove the time gate on the leather/metal/cloth and replace it with a 4-5 day CD on the vision and lesser vision crystal.

Part of the reason ANet put the time gated crafting materials in place was to allow crafters to be able to create and sell some forms of ascended materials at a profit. (Which seems to be working amazingly well!) This still allows players to craft the final armors and weapons nearly instantly, provided they are willing to buy any extra ascended materials they need from the trading post.

Shifting the time gate to an account-bound item would not help to make any of the sellable items profitable, and it would just limit the number of final items you can make to 1 per day. This isn’t the intention of the time gate.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in Crafting

keadlaw.6350

Again simple make the vision and lesser vision crystals trade able. Anet keeps their time gate. People that would rather profit off the timegate material can do so. All trade skills can craft a full set in the same time frame.

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

They should just remove the time-gated thing. It already costs a lot of gold to craft it any way. What’s the point in time-gating it? Rich people will just buy the mats off TP anyway and get it on day 1.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

keadlaw.6350

Id like to see the time gate go as well, but even if it does happen it will be long after I have crafted what I plan to.

in Crafting

Kincaidia.3192

Part of the reason ANet put the time gated crafting materials in place was to allow crafters to be able to create and sell some forms of ascended materials at a profit. (Which seems to be working amazingly well!) This still allows players to craft the final armors and weapons nearly instantly, provided they are willing to buy any extra ascended materials they need from the trading post.

Shifting the time gate to an account-bound item would not help to make any of the sellable items profitable, and it would just limit the number of final items you can make to 1 per day. This isn’t the intention of the time gate.

Except that cloth wearers are having to buy a disproportionate amount of materials compared to the other armor classes.

The discussion isn’t the idea of time-gating, it’s that it’s badly distributed time gating.

It’s going to cost a mesmer 100+ more gold to bypass the time gate that it would a thief. And that is straight out mental disfunction there.

in Crafting

Posted by: BlazerellaNine.1026

BlazerellaNine.1026

Except that cloth wearers are having to buy a disproportionate amount of materials compared to the other armor classes.

The discussion isn’t the idea of time-gating, it’s that it’s badly distributed time gating.

It’s going to cost a mesmer 100+ more gold to bypass the time gate that it would a thief. And that is straight out mental disfunction there.

My thoughts exactly!! Also, Mithrillium and Elonian Cord have been craftable since ascended weapons came out. Heavy and medium classes who have been crafting them for weeks now, waiting on the release of ascended armor, will only be time-gated on Damask to finish their sets.

Blazerella Nine – Human Elementalist
Mercenaries Of Anarchy[MOA] (SBI)

(edited by BlazerellaNine.1026)

in Crafting

Posted by: Grishnakk.9426

Grishnakk.9426

Yep this is really poorly thought out – will be lacking behind all the mediums/heavies in my guild due to this poorly thoughtout mechanic.

Amorphis – Elementalist.
Grishnakk – Warrior.
TKG – JQQ Oceanic – www.fivefingerdiscount.org

in Crafting

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

You should wait at least 11 days anyways for prices to stabilize, and buy them all on TP (after selling all the ones you’ve made). Damask has already dropped almost 50% in a few days.