Ascended recipes?

Ascended recipes?

in Crafting

Posted by: FeralOne.1093

FeralOne.1093

I’m a noob and started jeweler until somewhere around 350 I realized they had no ascended or anything useful so I started a Leatherworker. I am now ready to make ascended armor, but I can’t find a list of the actual ingredients needed for the recipes without buying them. Each link I try on the wiki doesn’t have an ingredient list.

I feel there must be a list somewhere — can anyone point me in the right direction? I need to see what each piece needs ahead of time so I buy the right recipe. No way will I be able to make more than one piece for awhile.

Many thx for all your help!

Ascended recipes?

in Crafting

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

The recipes for each piece, and insignias are purchased through the vendor. The indiviual componets (i.e bolt of damask, elonian leather) are unlocked at level 500. For each piece of armor you’ll need one “upper” and one “lower” and an insignia, as well as a vision, or lesser vision crystal.

I think you might be looking for this though: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/crafting/how-craft-ascended-armor

Also here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_armor
This is the list of the recipes by stats and name so you know which recipies to buy.

Hope this helps.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Ascended recipes?

in Crafting

Posted by: FeralOne.1093

FeralOne.1093

The recipes for each piece, and insignias are purchased through the vendor. The indiviual componets (i.e bolt of damask, elonian leather) are unlocked at level 500. For each piece of armor you’ll need one “upper” and one “lower” and an insignia, as well as a vision, or lesser vision crystal.

I think you might be looking for this though: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/crafting/how-craft-ascended-armor

Also here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_armor
This is the list of the recipes by stats and name so you know which recipies to buy.

Hope this helps.

TY for the quick reply. I have been to the second wiki link, but was hoping for a very specific, recipe by recipe list as opposed to this more general info. Since nearly every recipe I’ve looked at for this game tells you the actual ingredients, I find it unusual that you get to some of the best crafted gear and suddenly can’t see the recipe.

Ascended recipes?

in Crafting

pdavis.8031

The problem is, that each component is at least 2 other recipes. For example. Ascended chest armor. It takes (for heavy) 5 crystalline dust, 5 deldrimore ignots, and 25 thermocatalytic reagants. To make a deldrimore ignot you need a lump of mithrillium, 20 iron ingots, 10 steel ignots, and 20 darksteel ignots. And for the lump of mithrillium you need 50 mithril ingots, 1 glob of ecto, and 10 reagents. And thats, just for one piece. For the other half you need: 50 sppols of gossamer thread, 5 crystalline dust and 1 bolt of damask. for the bolt of damask you need: 20 wool, 20 linen, 10 linen, and sppol of silk weaving thread. And for the weaving thread you need 100 bolts of silk, 1 golb of ecto, and 25 spools of gossamer.

I could go on, but you get the picture. If you look in the production tab, on all your unlocked recipes, you can start with say the shoulders, and look at what is needed for the first part. The magnifying glass will show you what is needed for each paticular component.

Also that first link breaks down what is needed a little bit better.

recognize my command!”

Ascended recipes?

in Crafting

pdavis.8031

Also, if you buy the recipe, for say boots, for what stat combo you want, when you click on it in the recipe tab, it will also show you what is needed with the magnifying glass to expand that as well.

recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Ascended recipes?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I think the wiki is still the best option.
Lets say you want to craft a medium zerker chest piece, which is called Zojja´s Guise:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zojja%27s_Guise

The recipe on the wiki page states what you need to craft it and if you are unsure what you need for each crafting component, you can click on them as well to see their ingredients.

Every recipe on the wiki also has a small link under the 4 ingredients, which says:
Show base ingredients
If you click on that, it will show you exactly that, everything you need to gather to craft that item.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Special:RunQuery/Base_ingredients_query&Base_ingredients%5B1%5D=Zojja%27s%20Guise&Base_ingredients%5B2%5D=1&wpRunQuery=true

By suggestion would be to look at those and gather them all. Then buy the 2 recipes you need from the master crafter (in this case the recipe for an ascended insignia and a asc medium chest piece).
Then go to the crafting panel and choose Zojjas Guise.
It will show you the 4 ingredients you need. Of course you have none of them, so you have to use the little magnifing glass icon next to them to see what you ned for them and craft them.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Ascended recipes?

in Crafting

Posted by: JoopdeRooij.5736

JoopdeRooij.5736

Tip:
Normally, you would have to buy the recipe for the ascended inscription AND for the item you want to produce.
However, if you are short on karma (if that even exists ) you could also buy the ascended inscription from the tradingpost and ONLY buy the ascended recipe for the ITEM you want to craft. When you are done crafting the item, you wil afterwards also be able to craft this inscription without having bought the recipe for it.

Ascended recipes?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hmm… Very interesting tip, Joop. Thanks for sharing.

Ascended recipes?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

However, if you are short on karma (if that even exists ) you could also buy the ascended inscription from the tradingpost and ONLY buy the ascended recipe for the ITEM you want to craft. When you are done crafting the item, you wil afterwards also be able to craft this inscription without having bought the recipe for it.

I’ll add that buy the inscription from the TP will also make it so you don’t need any Globs of Dark Matter.
Are you sure using an inscription will give you the recipe to make that inscription? I am pretty sure it wouldn’t.

Ascended recipes?

in Crafting

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

When I make ascended items I go on gw2 spidy. Com and search the recipe section. Also gives you options to buy portions of the recipe rather than craft. Nice way to capture the costs of crafting as well.