Depressed crafting weapons? Wait for armor.

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

just speculation your numbers and i dont wanna waste my time to argue with you about this

BUT
“And forum is here exactly for feedbacks from players to devs so it means a lot.”

no its not

most important “Feedback” for them are the numbers ingame
- How many people already crafted to 500 and how fast.
- How many people have more than 1 Asc. Weapon
- Hows the effect on Economy
- How many use this System and how many ignore it

….. alot more

this are numbers they can work with and not the outcry from 10-15 random strangers

No, those aren’t feedback on whether or not people LIKE ascended weapons. People who don’t like ascended weapons aren’t just going to boycott BiS gear.

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

I tryed to explain it to him but he seems to ignore every argument that not support his opinion.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

just speculation your numbers and i dont wanna waste my time to argue with you about this

BUT
“And forum is here exactly for feedbacks from players to devs so it means a lot.”

no its not

….. alot more

this are numbers they can work with and not the outcry from 10-15 random strangers

No, those aren’t feedback on whether or not people LIKE ascended weapons. People who don’t like ascended weapons aren’t just going to boycott BiS gear.

Yea they do… because it’s not required gear to have for any part of the game. I know many of people that aren’t upgrading because they don’t need it for anything.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

BUT

no its not

….. alot more

Yea they do… because it’s not required gear to have for any part of the game. I know many of people that aren’t upgrading because they don’t need it for anything.

Except they provide a stat advantage. Eventually there will be full ascended, a full ascended character in wvw will have a decent advantage on an exotic geared character.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

BUT

no its not

….. alot more

Except they provide a stat advantage. Eventually there will be full ascended, a full ascended character in wvw will have a decent advantage on an exotic geared character.

In WvW if you’re a large group player having ascended Vs. exotic won’t stop you from getting rolled by the other side if they have more…

The only case where it may well help is if you do small group/solo roaming. When things can get down to the wire. That’s pretty uncommon even then… most of the time you either outplay or get outplaid. I do this sort of stuff though (1vX mostly), which is why I’ll be getting it.

It helps a little, but it’s not required by any means. You’ll be pretty close statwise if you just get the ascended trinkets… which are super easy to get.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Crafting

daros.3407

That is irelevant. People are crafting ascended gear no matter they like it or not. In the end everyone will be eventualy forced to have full ascended or be disadvantaged agains other players or will not even have chance to participate in content like fractals.
If you dont understand it or dont want to it is your problem. But you can never say that people like it becouse they are working on it.

(edited by daros.3407)

in Crafting

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

That is irelevant. People are crafting ascended gear no matter they like it or not. In the end everyone will be eventualy forced to have full ascended or be disadvantaged agains other players or will not even have chance to participate in content like fractals.
If you dont understand it or dont want to it is your peoblem. But you can never say that people like it becouse they are working on it.

Yep, I am working on it but I kittening hate it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

it’s meant to be something to work for. Hopefully it takes 2-3 months to craft a full set.

This is where I am beginning to sour toward this content grind. I don’t play video games to Work I already work in real life, when I log into GW2 I want to spend that time playing the game.

Total up how many hours you spend in GW2 doing tedious content (aka working) and put a $/hour value on it. It’s scary to think how much time/money is lost on grind.

Lets say all you want to do is WvW or run dungeons, to get the most out of it and enjoy it you need to slog your way through 80 levels, then farm countless hours of gold and materials to gear up. It may be fun the first time, but after 5 characters, I’ve had enough. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want my spare time to be spent doing things I don’t enjoy to reach a point where I can enjoy the game. Ascended trinkets were the beginning of the end for me, yet I still play, weapons arrived and I still reluctantly tow the line, 6 pieces of armour and I dare say I will be moving on to another title, Life is too short to waste 3000 hours working towards something you are supposed to enjoy.

Then do not get it? No one is forcing you to get them in any way. If you feel that you were forced/burdened because others are getting it, then it’s your problem. If your idea of ‘enjoying’ game is to get all the things that you want without hard work, this game will never sate you.

The idea behind Ascended was to bridge the gap between Exotic and Legendary. Exotic was quite scarce in the past, but sadly becoming way too common afterwards. If Ascended were so easy/accessible that almost everyone can get it, then what will people ask for next? In the end, what will happen?

Power creep.

Sometimes I wonder why it is so hard for some people to grasp this.

Mindless brainless repetitive tedium is not hard work, it is a punishment. Just ask Sisyphus how much fun that is.

As a punishment for his trickery, King Sisyphus was made to roll a huge boulder up a steep hill. Before he could reach the top, however, the massive stone would always roll back down, forcing him to begin again.6 The maddening nature of the punishment was reserved for King Sisyphus due to his hubristic belief that his cleverness surpassed that of Zeus himself. Zeus accordingly displayed his own cleverness by enchanting the boulder into rolling away from King Sisyphus before he reached the top which ended up consigning Sisyphus to an eternity of useless efforts and unending frustration. Thus it came to pass that pointless or interminable activities are sometimes described as Sisyphean.

Why would anyone with even half a brain desire to do what the Greeks considered to be the ultimate punishment?

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

BUT

no its not

….. alot more

I think the people that have chosen to not craft that gear realize they are missing that advantage. Fact is you don’t need it, as proven by our success playing the game before Ascended gear was released.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Just ask Sisyphus how much fun that is.

Do you have his facebook details?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

it’s meant to be something to work for. Hopefully it takes 2-3 months to craft a full set.

This is where I am beginning to sour toward this content grind. I don’t play video games to Work I already work in real life, when I log

into GW2 I want to spend that time playing the game.

Total up how many hours you spend in GW2 doing tedious content (aka working) and put a $/hour value on it. It’s scary to think how much time/money is lost on grind.

Lets say all you want to do is WvW or run dungeons, to get the most out of it and enjoy it you need to slog your way through 80 levels, then farm countless hours of gold and materials to gear up. It may be fun the first time, but after 5 characters, I’ve had enough. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want my spare time to be spent doing things I don’t enjoy to reach a point where I can enjoy the game. Ascended trinkets were the beginning of the end for me, yet I still play, weapons arrived and I still reluctantly tow the line, 6 pieces of armour and I dare say I will be moving on to another title, Life is too short to waste 3000 hours working towards something you are supposed to enjoy.

Then do not get it? No one is forcing you to get them in any way. If you feel that you were forced/burdened because others are getting it, then it’s your problem. If your idea of ‘enjoying’ game is to get all the things that you want without hard work, this game will never sate you.

The idea behind Ascended was to bridge the gap between Exotic and Legendary. Exotic was quite scarce in the past, but sadly becoming way too common afterwards. If Ascended were so easy/accessible that almost everyone can get it, then what will people ask for next? In the end, what will happen?

Power creep.

Sometimes I wonder why it is so hard for some people to grasp this.

There was no gap between exotic and legendary in the first place. Legendary weapons were purely vanity items with exotic stats. Prior to ascended items being introduced to the game I was completely satisfied with this game, I had a full set of exotics for each character and for each of their builds, I was free to WvW without needing to grind moe gear and if I wanted something that looked cool, I would put the effort into getting it for vanity purposes. I bought this game because it was marketed as anti-power creep, with Legendaries being the only real grind We now have power creep and it’s hiding behind a massive grind that forces you into a single character with a single build. It is not me that is having trouble understanding, I understand, I don’t like it and I am voicing my opinion to arenanet that I don’t like it. This was the right game for me as it was advertised, I would like it to stay that way but the future is looking bleak.

(edited by Elthurien.8356)

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

BUT

no its not

….. alot more

I think the people that have chosen to not craft that gear realize they are missing that advantage. Fact is you don’t need it, as proven by our success playing the game before Ascended gear was released.

Please tell me of how much you played wvw against people in full ascended before ascended gear was released. I’m quite intrigued.

in Crafting

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

There was no gap between exotic and legendary in the first place. Legendary weapons were purely vanity items with exotic stats. Prior to ascended items being introduced to the game I was completely satisfied with this game, I had a full set of exotics for each character and for each of their builds, I was free to WvW without needing to grind moe gear and if I wanted something that looked cool, I would put the effort into getting it for vanity purposes. I bought this game because it was marketed as anti-power creep, with Legendaries being the only real grind We now have power creep and it’s hiding behind a massive grind that forces you into a single character with a single build. It is not me that is having trouble understanding, I understand, I don’t like it and I am voicing my opinion to arenanet that I don’t like it. This was the right game for me as it was advertised, I would like it to stay that way but the future is looking bleak.

This is so true my best time in the game was early this year before world XP was introduced in WvW. I had karma to outfit my l80s, I was easily able to experiment builds and easily gear up for new builds and just play and experiment to my hearts content. I had to make sure I did dailies and monthlies for laurels but whilst they were something of a job it wasn’t that bad. I was able to use some mats to make some vanity weapons like abyssal scepter and the anomaly.

Now I have to do dailies and monthlies, I have to do my daily ascended crafting, I have to make sure I mine my quartz and convert it to charged quartz. I’m restricted in the builds I can experiment with cause BiS is so hard to get. And I have to make sure I get some orr mat farming in for high level crafting.

I’m restricted in terms of what characters I can use in WvW because to maximise the rather large benefits from WXP being character bound I can only use 2 to 3 characters (out of the 8 level 80s I now have).

Everything is a job or we’re restricted from playing how we want.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

This is so true my best time in the game was early this year before world XP was introduced in WvW. I had karma to outfit my l80s, I was easily able to experiment builds and easily gear up for new builds and just play and experiment to my hearts content. I had to make sure I did dailies and monthlies for laurels but whilst they were something of a job it wasn’t that bad. I was able to use some mats to make some vanity weapons like abyssal scepter and the anomaly.

Now I have to do dailies and monthlies, I have to do my daily ascended crafting, I have to make sure I mine my quartz and convert it to charged quartz. I’m restricted in the builds I can experiment with cause BiS is so hard to get. And I have to make sure I get some orr mat farming in for high level crafting.

I’m restricted in terms of what characters I can use in WvW because to maximise the rather large benefits from WXP being character bound I can only use 2 to 3 characters (out of the 8 level 80s I now have).

Everything is a job or we’re restricted from playing how we want.

+1

This post rather succinctly states exactly how and where ArenaNet has gone wrong over the last three months or so. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to say: in an effort to get players to log in (and spend money) they have gone down this path by design. The players feel as if missing out on the grind will result in them being left behind those that don’t. When they do grind, the results are uninspiring in looks and effect and restrictive.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Crafting

daros.3407

Same here. reading that post is like reading my own feelings :-D

in Crafting

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

And another +1 here for morrolan.

There is a risk here. Those updates are converting something fun and new into something tedious that could be found in any other legacy MMO.

The new crafting system requires you to waste the most expensive and hard to get materials to craft exotics and then destroy them for a chance (always a chance) to get dark matter. And then, you are limited to craft certain items only once per day. I’m not a crafter, so I’m not even leveling to 500, but if somebody enjoys crafting, or wants to make a profit from it, why are they time limited? What’s the purpose of this limitation?

The new ascended weapons can only be obtained by crafting (and probably will be the same for the armor), what happened to the dungeon tokens and the karma and the wvw tokens? Why are these currencies not being updated as well?

We even have a Gift of Ascension available for 500 Fractal Relics, why cannot we use this item to upgrade our vanity items to ascended level? I spent 250 ectos and 250 skill points to build The Anomaly, and this is even cheap compared with a guildie who crafted Azureflame… and now these items are “simple” exotics.

And what about all the armor bought with gems, I already “lost” a gem armor set to the magic find update, and I’m not getting those gems back, when the ascended armor comes what will happen with the cultural sets (119 gold for t3 + transmute down the drain), or other sets customized with gems?

I honestly think the game should go back to its roots.

But what can we do… I can see lots of people with ascended weapons already, so I guess I’m the minority here, and what the people really want is only to farm champions and play the tp…

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

BUT

no its not

….. alot more

Please tell me of how much you played wvw against people in full ascended before ascended gear was released. I’m quite intrigued.

I didn’t but then again, I’ve played enough mass PVP MMO’s to know that the more people you throw in a zerg, the less relevant any individual’s gear becomes. Maybe for 1 vs. 1, you have a point but for WvW, less so.

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

BUT

no its not

….. alot more

I didn’t but then again, I’ve played enough mass PVP MMO’s to know that the more people you throw in a zerg, the less relevant any individual’s gear becomes. Maybe for 1 vs. 1, you have a point but for WvW, less so.

Ok and ascended zerg vs exotic zerg?

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

Not sure, but that’s not really a realistic scenario to waste time thinking about anyways now is it. You could justify any position with any sort of completely unlikely scenarios, the question is if it would happen or not. When you come to the conclusion it’s HIGHLY unlikely we would ever see ascended zerg vs exotic zerg, you realize how silly that position actually is. I could make the same argument about Fine vs. Masterwork … but how many fine vs. masterwork zergs have you seen happen? Don’t bother answering … the answer is it’s never happened.

What is more realistic is that statistically, the ratio of people in exotic/ascended gear will be the same for some random zerg because there is NO bias towards a specific server for getting their ascended gear faster than any other given the fact that they all have similar populations with the same opportunities to get the mats.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

There is a risk here. Those updates are converting something fun and new into something tedious that could be found in any other legacy MMO.

That risk seems pretty low to me:

1) Farming nodes was never all that fun to start with
2) Crafting wasn’t all that fun to start with

The bottom line is that the reward matches the time/cost/effort for each quality level of gear.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

…and I know more than a few casual players who have simply quit playing the game because they cannot possibly keep up to the grind needed to build this gear. Believe it or not this gear is necessary to stay competitive in WvW.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

…and I know more than a few casual players who have simply quit playing the game because they cannot possibly keep up to the grind needed to build this gear. Believe it or not this gear is necessary to stay competitive in WvW.

Casuals in WvW are almost always zerglings. Please explain to me how you having ascended gear vs. exotics will matter when you get rolled by another server with 20 more people?

It would be a very small percentage of casuals that do small team/solo roaming. That’s what I mainly do and why I’m getting ascended. However even in those cases… it’s not that often for a fight to get down to the wire (where ascended gear might pull a win out of a loss). If they want to quit over those very few times then that’s up to them. Heck, if the bloodlust stats + WvW rank buffs didn’t make them quit… but ascended gear did… then I don’t even know what to tell you.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: TaCktiX.6729

TaCktiX.6729

Aberrant, as a from-launch member of SBI and presently a member of a WvW organized guild, your argument’s main flaw is going to two extremes. There are groups between small/solo roam and full-on zerg. In those middle groups (which only work because they are heavily coordinated and while they might share aspects of zergs are not predicated on numbers alone for success), the level of gear is quite frankly the difference between life and death, especially when pitted against a similar group.

While there is a “small” gear difference, when it comes to an organized group’s ability to throw DPS and control in specific locations, that “small” difference multiplies tremendously and amplifies the organized group’s ability to destroy a less-organized-but-bigger zerg.

And also, explain to me why if Ascended’s 5-6% increase is “small” Sigils of Force (+5% damage) are so popular and complementary foods (typical bonuses in the 5% range) are considered mandatory for anyone serious about WvW?

— TaCktiX
The Tough Love Critic (http://toughlovecritic.wordpress.com)
Tack Scylla, Tack, Morina Duathi

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

I’m also a from-launch player and been playing WvW for the vast majority of time (we should start a club).

I find that tatics, skill, stratagy, group composition, etc. make a far larger impact than just a 5-6% stat increase… especially when the numbers are almost always uneven. One additional person in exotics is going have more impact on the fight than 15 that have upgraded into ascended. That’s why I say it’s small.

If you’re talking like GvG’s when things are even number wise… yea you’re going to want ascended.

I’m not a fan of them having added in this extra tier, but I think that many are blowing it out of proportion. Yes it makes a difference, but the vast majority of times that difference isn’t going to turn the tide of a battle because of all of the other imbalances that go on in WvW (which I’m not a fan of either).

Sigil of force is a good cheap sigil for any part of the game hence why it’s popular. Many foods will do more than just a 5% boost. I’m not suggesting that players don’t take these or get ascended gear because it’s totally meaningless… but to just keep it all in perspective and don’t freak out. Imo it’s closer to like… using a food that’s a couple of teirs down and complaining that lemongrass (or whatever) is just too expensive and hard to get to keep up all the time and quitting because of that. Like… yea… it could make the difference… but it probably won’t.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Casuals in WvW are almost always zerglings.

Not in our guild they aren’t. Many of them are long time gamers with jobs and very little time on their hands for daily play. They aren’t happy, and they are playing less and less as the days go by.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Casuals in WvW are almost always zerglings.

Not in our guild they aren’t. Many of them are long time gamers with jobs and very little time on their hands for daily play. They aren’t happy, and they are playing less and less as the days go by.

I’m sure there are exceptions, but what I see happen in general is that people that are casual get stomped against non-casual solo/small groups then get frustrated and stop doing it fairly quickly because it’s a bad experience. Things could also be different in lower tiers, but even back when transfers were free, that’s the vast majority of what I saw.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

And another +1 here for morrolan. It’s like he has read my mind.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

You think that will be bad?

36 Bolt of Damask mats:

• 36*50 Bolt of Silk = 3600 Silk Scrap
  • 36 Globs of Ectoplasm
  • 360 Thermocatalytic Reagent
  • 36*20 Bolt of Wool = 1440 Wool Scrap
  • 36*10 Bolt of Cotton = 720 Cotton Scrap
  • 36*20 Bolt of Linen = 1440 Linen Scrap

Good luck farming these materials, as you will mostly get high level materials with a level 80 character.
So most of the time you will get Gossamer and Silk, the lower level mats are basically unfarmable.

This is what I fear it will look like.

Not sure why you’re getting mad about this. “Oh look big numbers” 3600 silk scraps? Thats like 3 gold.
1440 Wool scraps, is 6 gold?
720 Cotton is 10 gold.
1440 Linen is 5 gold.

Oh… no… 25 gold, anet wants us to farm…
You’re kidding me right?
You just buy it after a day of Frostgorge. :P Who ever said anything about having to farm mats?

Apparently your server isn’t going nuts on all of the buyable mat prices. Some are.

The farming of mats is random unless you keep deleting characters to stay at the “level” to get what is needed… wow.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Crafting

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

As one who is routinely facemelted after no less than 30+ builds for WvW alone, I can tell you that ascended gear does indeed make a difference.

What isn’t being addressed in any way are those who have to work for a living but who have this as a hobby – can’t live in here and do a good job at work too…

So what’s the tradeoff for massive time and mats that can’t be sold or traded (not sure what that’s about) and people would love to have more ascended but just don’t have the time needed in a day to care for family and then try to farm wool and other materials that can’t be farmed easily nor consistently and whose price is on a precipitous rise on some servers…?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

The tradeoff is to find a spot where the gems-to-gold ratio is in your favour. Work out your wages/salary per hour and see if it is more economical to “pay to win” than to “grind to win” per hour.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

As one who is routinely facemelted after no less than 30+ builds for WvW alone, I can tell you that ascended weapons/trinkets does indeed make a difference.

Fixed … because Ascended Armor stats do not make a difference.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

You think that will be bad?

36 Bolt of Damask mats:

• 36*50 Bolt of Silk = 3600 Silk Scrap
  • 36 Globs of Ectoplasm
  • 360 Thermocatalytic Reagent
  • 36*20 Bolt of Wool = 1440 Wool Scrap
  • 36*10 Bolt of Cotton = 720 Cotton Scrap
  • 36*20 Bolt of Linen = 1440 Linen Scrap

Good luck farming these materials, as you will mostly get high level materials with a level 80 character.
So most of the time you will get Gossamer and Silk, the lower level mats are basically unfarmable.

This is what I fear it will look like.

Not sure why you’re getting mad about this. “Oh look big numbers” 3600 silk scraps? Thats like 3 gold.
1440 Wool scraps, is 6 gold?
720 Cotton is 10 gold.
1440 Linen is 5 gold.

Oh… no… 25 gold, anet wants us to farm…
You’re kidding me right?
You just buy it after a day of Frostgorge. :P Who ever said anything about having to farm mats?

Apparently your server isn’t going nuts on all of the buyable mat prices. Some are.

The farming of mats is random unless you keep deleting characters to stay at the “level” to get what is needed… wow.

All servers use the same market. You might want to check the age of posts as well.

2 months ago

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The tradeoff is to find a spot where the gems-to-gold ratio is in your favour. Work out your wages/salary per hour and see if it is more economical to “pay to win” than to “grind to win” per hour.

This is exactly what Anet wants you to do. And if you do it, they’ll implement more features into the game to get you to do it more.

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

You say that like it’s a bad thing.