Got Dawn. What Now?

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Q:

Well yesterday I hit the jackpot: 4 rare Greatswords in the Mystic Forge, Bang! Dawn comes out.

After all the excitment I come to realize… I’ve always wanted the Twilight Legendary, not Sunrise. This is mainly because of the dye set I have (Abyss, Red and White Gold).

So, what would be the smart move here? Sell Dawn, to get Dusk, losing gold in the TP? Or just aim now for Sunrise? I know that the loadstone/core prices “compensate” (Charged>Onyx) the precursor price but if I still go for Twilight would I be losing a big amount of gold?

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

A:

If you want a legendary, consider all other precursors to be a means to your end. Sell it and use the money to fund your acquisition of the precursor you want.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Don’t budget a Legendary for pete’s sake, just get the one you want. The 100g TP fees and difference or so are nothing in comparison to the cost of both weapons themselves (about 1800, I think).

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Send me your Dawn, I will send you Dusk. I promise.

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Well yesterday I hit the jackpot: 4 rare Greatswords in the Mystic Forge, Bang! Dawn comes out.

After all the excitment I come to realize… I’ve always wanted the Twilight Legendary, not Sunrise. This is mainly because of the dye set I have (Abyss, Red and White Gold).

So, what would be the smart move here? Sell Dawn, to get Dusk, losing gold in the TP? Or just aim now for Sunrise? I know that the loadstone/core prices “compensate” (Charged>Onyx) the precursor price but if I still go for Twilight would I be losing a big amount of gold?

I got Dawn via the forge, sold it on the TP, gathered up the difference in gold for Dusk. The listing fee for Dawn isn’t that much, especially when compared to the time saved getting Dawn’s worth in gold.

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

You can quit playing the game now.

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Why bother with this life changing decision? Just give me the sword and I’ll take care of it.

[DONE]

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Send me your Dawn, I will send you Dusk. I promise.

3 indian princes want to make you rich. Post your bank account details and they will make a $1,000,000 deposit on the condition you spend it all on Guild Wars 2 gem cards.

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

sell it before precursor crafting is here

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Go for the legendary you want. Sell and buy Dusk.

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Consider it a profit and sell it.

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Questionable.4631

Questionable.4631

sell it before precursor crafting is here

If precursor crafting ever does come out this would probably be the smart move because the prices will probably drop once it does.
(Of course precursor crafting has been expected for about a year now and still hasn’t been added)

I think it’s absolutely silly to go after a legendary that you don’t really want, I’d say sell it and earn the money to buy dusk.

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

im in the same boat as the OP

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Thank you for the feedback guys. I must confess that I was tempted by the 3 indian princes idea but I already gave my bank account details to a widow who’s gonna donnate me $2’000.000 she got from her dead husband! I mean, I got Dawn and now this, how fourtunate Am I?

Cheers.

Got Dawn. What Now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

If it would be me… I would sell it.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain