"Let them eat poutine!"

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

So I was chatting with a friend of mine and our conversation went something like this,

Me: (sigh) Tell Anet to give me legendary armor recipes…
My friend: Tell Anet to give me poutine.
Me: … okay.

So I am formally requesting that Anet add Recipe: Poutine to the cooking profession. Because that would be hilarious.

<3 you guys =D

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Piraga.1980

Piraga.1980

As a denizen of the north, I second this. Poutine is awesome and there’s no point to a cooking skill if it doesn’t contain poutine, peameal bacon, and butter tarts.

The Internet’s Anime Trash Girlfriend.
http://fluffypira.sexy

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Poutine = Heart Attack on a Plate, but it’s so hard to resist.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Item: Poutine
Stats on consume:

+100 Constipation
+80 No Regrets
Lasts 30 minutes in the bathroom

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

That somehow reminds me of the conversation between Vincent and Jules.

Vincent: You know what they put on French fries in Holland instead of ketchup?
Jules: What?
Vincent: Mayonnaise.
Jules: censored.
Vincent: I’ve seen ’em do it, man. They censored drown ’em in that stuff.

Not a fan of poutine here, but food is always good!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Is Poutine even known outside of Quebec + neighbouring regions?

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Where ever a community of Canadians exist. I can order Poutine in the Cayman Islands.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Growing up, such a thing was unheard of in SW Ontario. I moved to Ottawa, it’s everywhere.

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Poutine is everywhere now. Just had Beef Cheek poutine in Guelph—could have had Fois Gras poutine—and just about anything else is out there too.
A basic poutine is still the best—it’s all about the gravy and good fresh squeeky curds.!!!

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: ScorpiOverkill.7064

ScorpiOverkill.7064

I’ve never had poutine. My Québécois friends preferred to take me to Le Château Frontenac and attempt to kill me with food I normally can’t afford.

Regardless, if Anet gives you guys poutine I demand conch fritters!

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Blude.6812

I’ve never had poutine. My Québécois friends preferred to take me to Le Château Frontenac and attempt to kill me with food I normally can’t afford.

Regardless, if Anet gives you guys poutine I demand conch fritters!

You know, I hope you get them!!
BTW, it is something Anet would do fast rather than fixing/communicating/posting patch notes/fixing bugs/making an expansion etc.
If they can get it into the gem store-Poutine and conch will be their priority.

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

As a Quebecer, I proudly agree. They should really add Poutine to the game. It could be sooo good! The question is, which stats should it raise?

On the subject of Canadian food, they should really add Maple Syrup to the game too. Perhaps a chance to harvest Maple Syrup off of t2-4 Tree nodes?

Could combine Maple Syrup with Icy Core in order to make Maple Candy (and help get 5 Icy Cores out of the economy…)

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

How about Shark Fin soup? It’s a controversial dish in real life, but kitten if there isn’t some serious shark overpopulation going on in places like Southsun Cove.

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Not really….I had to look it up. We just call it Gravy Fries w/ Cheese, down here in the Deep South. But then we have grits, fried green tomatoes and Andoullie (ok, that’s really Cajun….tho I guess Canadians likely have it in some other form…the name originated in France (but the French version is quite different)).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Piraga.1980

Piraga.1980

Poutine is everywhere now. Just had Beef Cheek poutine in Guelph—could have had Fois Gras poutine—and just about anything else is out there too.
A basic poutine is still the best—it’s all about the gravy and good fresh squeeky curds.!!!

I think some of the weird poutine variations could be tiers, similar to some other foods that can be made with Cooking. At a place in Brampton I had a poutine that also included black olives, sun-dried tomatoes and feta. It was brilliant.

Fois Gras is decadent though. I want to try that… Maybe it could be a Tier 6 food, especially if it included truffles somehow, maybe aioli.

The Internet’s Anime Trash Girlfriend.
http://fluffypira.sexy

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Allaraina.8614

As a Quebecer, I proudly agree. They should really add Poutine to the game. It could be sooo good! The question is, which stats should it raise?

On the subject of Canadian food, they should really add Maple Syrup to the game too. Perhaps a chance to harvest Maple Syrup off of t2-4 Tree nodes?

Could combine Maple Syrup with Icy Core in order to make Maple Candy (and help get 5 Icy Cores out of the economy…)

This idea is genius. Let it happen.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

While we’re on the topic of cultural foods that are bad for you. I wonder if they added in deep fried lard to the Chinese version of Chef. That is literally small pieces of pork fat that are deep fried twice in peanut oil. It’s served as a garnish on some Malaysian and Singaporean rice or noodle dishes. It’s a heart attack in pellet form

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

So…

Cooking level would be… 50?

The entire list would compose of ingredients at or below cooking level 50—unless Anet implements gravy and gives it some incredibly high cooking level requirement.

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Blude.6812

While we’re on the topic of cultural foods that are bad for you. I wonder if they added in deep fried lard to the Chinese version of Chef. That is literally small pieces of pork fat that are deep fried twice in peanut oil. It’s served as a garnish on some Malaysian and Singaporean rice or noodle dishes. It’s a heart attack in pellet form

It’s likely raining cats and dogs for the chinese versions’ chefs!!

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I support the addition of poutine to the game, but only after having made crab meat a cooking ingredient, karka rolls as a recipe, and generally adding seafood.

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Not really….I had to look it up. We just call it Gravy Fries w/ Cheese, down here in the Deep South.

While potatoes + gravy (and in some cases, grated cheese) is not seen as revolutionary anywhere in northern and eastern Europe… poutine does not simply have cheese on top, but cheese curds (the fresher, the better). It doesn’t make a lot of difference to me, but my Canadian family told me off for my ignorance.

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Blude.6812

Not really….I had to look it up. We just call it Gravy Fries w/ Cheese, down here in the Deep South.

While potatoes + gravy (and in some cases, grated cheese) is not seen as revolutionary anywhere in northern and eastern Europe… poutine does not simply have cheese on top, but cheese curds (the fresher, the better). It doesn’t make a lot of difference to me, but my Canadian family told me off for my ignorance.

Yep—if it’s not curds (fresher gives a better squeek too!!!) it’s just not poutine!!!!!

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Allaraina.8614

I support the addition of poutine to the game, but only after having made crab meat a cooking ingredient, karka rolls as a recipe, and generally adding seafood.

As a predator to fishes good for eating, I fully support this.

Yep—if it’s not curds (fresher gives a better squeek too!!!) it’s just not poutine!!!!!

Hmmn, I did not know that…

/schooled

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Azrael.4960

For some reason, every time I see a bump on this thread I keep thinking Let them eat putain, which is obviously bad

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Blude.6812

could be worse ! Let them eat putin.

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Azrael.4960

Which in french, is pronounced the same as putain!

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Allaraina.8614

(editing to say… I actually have no idea what that stuff is that he is eating xD)

Attachments:

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Azrael.4960

(editing to say… I actually have no idea what that stuff is that he is eating xD)

Putain Putin’s Putain Poutine?

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Blude.6812

LOL——-The RUSSIAN DICTATOR—-not french.

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I agree poutine should be added. And ya, it’s cheese curds, not just regular cheese. If you have not tried it and feel like gaining a few pounds, please do try it, as it is definitely worth it.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

This would be the first step on a very slippery slope. Anet I urge to not give in on this abomination! If you do then next Pennsylvania Folk will demand Scrapple! Scots will demand Haggis (shudders at the resounding tread), and Austrians will demand vegemite. The list goes on, while the mind boggles!

“Nay”, I say! A thousand times NAY!

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

(edited by Batdogi.7142)

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So I was chatting with a friend of mine and our conversation went something like this,

Me: (sigh) Tell Anet to give me legendary armor recipes…
My friend: Tell Anet to give me poutine.

You had me at “poutine.” No further reasons are required.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Not really….I had to look it up. We just call it Gravy Fries w/ Cheese, down here in the Deep South. But then we have grits, fried green tomatoes and Andoullie (ok, that’s really Cajun….tho I guess Canadians likely have it in some other form…the name originated in France (but the French version is quite different)).

I’ve had poutine and I’ve had southern gravy fries (with cheese and without). They aren’t the same.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Azrael.4960

This would be the first step on a very slippery slope. Anet I urge to not give in on this abomination! If you do then next Pennsylvania Folk will demand Scrapple! Scots will demand Haggis (shudders at the resounding tread), and Austrians will demand vegemite. The list goes on, while the mind boggles!

I’m pretty sure austrians won’t have much of an idea of what vegemite is…but Australians on the other hand…

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

I’m pretty sure austrians won’t have much of an idea of what vegemite is…but Australians on the other hand…

Hah! even an American like me knows that Australia is the land the Alps, good beer and Mozart. Austria is the land of The outback, Skippy, and bottled Urine known as Fosters.

Ya can’t fool me!

;)

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

(edited by Batdogi.7142)

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Azrael.4960

Hah! even an American like me knows that Australia is the land the Alps, good beer and Mozart. Austria is the land of The outback, Skippy, and bottled Urine known as Fosters.

Ya can’t fool me!

;)

Why else do you think we ship Foster’s over to the UK?

"Let them eat poutine!"

in Crafting

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

Dude, my husband and I are moving to England later this year… I want to buy a deep fryer exclusively so we can make our own.

You get two or more Canadians together with a deep fryer and someone is going to be making poutine in that thing soon enough.