Mystic Forge for precursor

in Crafting

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

Currently i am at 508 rares (19 exo back) and 1408 exotics, no precursor yet.

Up to 624 rares (28 exo back) and 1472 exotics, still no precursor.

both of you spent over 1400 exotics ?

thats like 3000 gold which is like 5-7 precursors depending on which one…

That is naive fallacy because you are not taking everything into account. So far my loss in gold is smaller than the cost of the precursor on TP…

Up to 700 rares (29 exo) and 1476 exotics btw. That was a bad streak of 76 rares and only 1 exo back.

As far as I have been told, the 4 weapons you have to throw in the Mystic Toilet have to have the same stats between eachothers. At least, that’s the only way it worked for me (already got 3 precursors for less than 80 gold, working on my 4th now). It has not been confirmed by any official statement, but that’s what my experience (and my guildies’) say, I may be wrong though. So in your case, what did you throw in the forge ?

This is actually statistically impossible, no matter how lucky, no one is getting 3 pre for 80g… Check your numbers again.

I actually get better exotics back for mixed stats than i do for same stats, on average. But then again i can go awhile and not see an exotic either.

31 tries for Dawn, 3 for The Chosen, and 24 for the Leaf of Kudzu. Only with the cheapest rare items.

Less than 80 gold, I had not more in my purse anyway… Keep your stats for you, luck and statistics are not made to be mixed up.

I guess you’re right, you are one lucky person.

Just had The Legend yesterday for 21 gold (I didn’t count how much tries, but it should be quite easy to count). I gave it to a member of my guild. 4 precursors for less than 100 gold now, let’s keep on the good work

If thats true and your theory is right.. You know… Proof please? Everyone can say “oh i gotten 4 precursors now for under 100 gold, this is the trick” But before you send me a spark, or give us prrof… Im sorry, but i wont believe you…

Im not saying your liar, but i think this sounds fishy

Well give me a way to prove it to you, and I’ll do it. Currently the only thing I can do is to show you my 2 legendaries, and ask the 2 members of my guilds whom I gave The Leaf of Kudzu and the Legend to talk… I don’t know if it’s a proof though.

in Crafting

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I seriously don’t understand how one person can get that lucky, while everyone else is toss G down the toilet and getting nothing.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Crafting

Nachtz.4930

Luck can’t be explained, that’s the trick.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I got 8 precursors so far. My theory is that some accounts are blessed with pixel luck due to some coding erros or sth like that.
I get 10 times more rares than any person of my guild in Wv3 too.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

I got 8 precursors so far. My theory is that some accounts are blessed with pixel luck due to some coding erros or sth like that.

I suppose this could be true, since i get better luck on my Guardian then i do on any of my other toons. Or, it’s just random.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

you guys might not believe me but on Saturday night I got 2 sparks back to back from the mystic toilet.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

It’s not that i don’t believe you, it’s just that i’ve tossed about 600 bows in the forge and not gotten crap. Sometimes i don’t even get an exotic back.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

It’s not that i don’t believe you, it’s just that i’ve tossed about 600 bows in the forge and not gotten crap. Sometimes i don’t even get an exotic back.

I put in 8 exotic weps and I got 2 sparks. guess the RNG gods where with me that day.

I now have my incinerator

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Crafting

Posted by: PhoenixSon.1596

PhoenixSon.1596

I recently had exceptional luck getting a precursor from the MF. On a whim, I decided to craft 72 rare greatswords and toss them in the MF. On my second try using lvl 80 rare greatswords I was rewarded with Dawn.

Now, where to find the gold for charged lodestones? Given this expense, I may sell Dawn and buy Dusk since onyx are so much cheaper that I’ll actually save money.

in Crafting

Posted by: DoggyPaddler.3586

DoggyPaddler.3586

4 Level 80 rares to get colossus, they were not all the exact same which ever were the cheapest rares those were the ones I bought and used. I was one of the lucky ones who got it early on.. was only the second day of mystic forge gambling. =)

Bermier/Thor Göd of Thunder [BSW]-SBI
(Substitute Commander/Loot collector/
Frontline pinyata/ Dancing partner)

in Crafting

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

Hmmm? Stealth buff to the chances for a precursor, or just luck playing it’s hand? Might be time to buy a few rare greatswords…

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

in Crafting

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Nah its just pure luck. Was going to toss about a dozen crafted rare greatswords (a massive 5g investment, its been a couple of months since I tossed anything in the mystic toilet), got Dusk after the… first attempt. Lol. The RNG gods smiled upon me this day.

Tossing the left over swords into the forge yielded more yellow crap

in Crafting

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

I got two Dusks and one Dawn using 16 exotic greatswords.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by wookie.8934)

in Crafting

Posted by: AngryCat.4825

AngryCat.4825

I got the Legend from combining random white items.

Then I woke up. And cried. ;_;

Koia
Fort Aspenwood
“Oil down.” “Mortar down.” “Stupid arrow cart.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Rashka.7304

Rashka.7304

No you are wrong, actually. Even if you could get an exotic for 1g (which you can’t) that’s 1600G. You can’t even craft one for 1g unless you farm all the mats and use BLSKs to salvage every rare you get as a drop, but even then, that’s a lot of kits and tools. At around 2g, which is a steal, you’re talking 3200g.

The only extremely remote possibility would be getting super lucky with the forge and upgrading thousands of masterwork items to rare, then to exotic. I don’t think there’s even enough stock for that, not to mention the fact that you have to get really lucky.

Of course it is easier to assume that i am either dumb or a liar, because that is what your basically implying, instead of taking into consideration that i may be telling the truth.

So, i will continue with my tactic, and you may think about it whatever you wish.

Rashka the desert scout
<Vigilance> VIG
Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Nachtz.4930

That is naive fallacy because you are not taking everything into account. So far my loss in gold is smaller than the cost of the precursor on TP…

Up to 700 rares (29 exo) and 1476 exotics btw. That was a bad streak of 76 rares and only 1 exo back.

As far as I have been told, the 4 weapons you have to throw in the Mystic Toilet have to have the same stats between eachothers. At least, that’s the only way it worked for me (already got 3 precursors for less than 80 gold, working on my 4th now). It has not been confirmed by any official statement, but that’s what my experience (and my guildies’) say, I may be wrong though. So in your case, what did you throw in the forge ?

This is actually statistically impossible, no matter how lucky, no one is getting 3 pre for 80g… Check your numbers again.

I actually get better exotics back for mixed stats than i do for same stats, on average. But then again i can go awhile and not see an exotic either.

31 tries for Dawn, 3 for The Chosen, and 24 for the Leaf of Kudzu. Only with the cheapest rare items.

Less than 80 gold, I had not more in my purse anyway… Keep your stats for you, luck and statistics are not made to be mixed up.

Just had The Legend yesterday for 21 gold (I didn’t count how much tries, but it should be quite easy to count). I gave it to a member of my guild. 4 precursors for less than 100 gold now, let’s keep on the good work

Update : got Dusk in 17 tries and the Lover in 4 tries.

I think I found something, but I won’t say it eh.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

I hate everyone here, especially you Nachtz

[DIE] Death is Energy

in Crafting

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

I think the key is not giving a kitten. I got Dusk yesterday after getting 3 rare greatswords from farming and asking a guildie for a fourth. It was kind of an “I don’t care” type of thing, just threw ‘em in and honestly only expected a rare back. Next thing I see: Dusk. When I got my Leaf of Kudzu it was when I told myself I’d spend my 10 gold on exotic longbows and if I don’t meh it’s just 10g who cares and if I do get it then cool.

No care = win.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

in Crafting

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

I got the Legend from combining random white items.

Then I woke up. And cried. ;_;

Aww. Well, I did get Sunrise off a Mosquito in Rata Sum earlier.

No biggie.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: TheOne.6123

TheOne.6123

If there are so many lucky people in this game, I’d use one Dusk because I lack of it to complete my legendary. You can send it to me via mail ig, thanksssss.

in Crafting

Nachtz.4930

That was mean

in Crafting

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

That was mean

Mean is you getting precursors after precursors and i cant even get 1.
I just want 1 dusk and i will be happy for the rest of the game but that happiness is always denied.
At start i was sad but now that sadness turned to hatred for all those people that have 3 or more legendaries and hatred to anet for making such a crappy system to get a precursor

Now let me cry alone in my dark room.

[DIE] Death is Energy

(edited by Ze Dos Cavalos.6132)

in Crafting

Posted by: minekaoru.4095

minekaoru.4095

That was mean

Mean is you getting precursors after precursors and i cant even get 1.
I just want 1 dusk and i will be happy for the rest of the game but that happiness is always denied.
At start i was sad but now that sadness turned to hatred for all those people that have 3 or more legendaries and hatred to anet for making such a crappy system to get a precursor

Now let me cry alone in my dark room.

I am with you friend, and I am sure that thousands of people were upset while they always see their friends got precursors so easily but not themselves.

My friend got The Legend from forge throwing 8 rares into it last week, and he got Dusk from Orr today, while I got nothing from flushing another 200 Hammers into the forge.

in Crafting

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Those that have gotten lucky at the forge; did you throw in your rares/exotics all in one sitting? Or did you find that you had better luck/RNG if you did it every so often.
I only ask because I have only thrown 8 rares into the forge and both times I got a pearl exotic. I did it months apart.
But I do tend to throw in all the lvl80 greens I get. Probably 1000 of them have gone in since I started the first day. I found with the greens if I saved them up and did them all at once I had a poor return for rares, but if I did it sporadically or on characters that hadn’t forged in a long time; I would get rares consistently.
I know everyone will say RNG is RNG. But sometimes patterns do emerge. Just curious is all.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

If you found something… You should probably share it. Either way it’s not really going to hurt you if people know some mystic forge secret lurking about. I still have my doubts about your luck though, unless you’ve really stumbled on some trick.

I know the named rares (shortbow, longbow, staff, sword, etc.) are said to yield better results, but i’ve yet to see it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rashka.7304

Rashka.7304

After 864 rares and 1670 exotics i finally got the precursor.

However, even when i got it there was some irony involved. I decided to leave my current strategy and invest a bunch of gold and bought tons of exotic weapons. Yes, you guessed right, the first try was the precursor. At least i can resell the leftover exotics.

Rashka the desert scout
<Vigilance> VIG
Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Snaq.3408

Snaq.3408

I think that the precursors are a myth and that only people employed by Aneta can get them.

It feels so demotivating to know that i will have to wait for a very long time before im able to buy Dusk since I need to buy Icy Runestones and Onyx Lodestones first, and those two are at least 240g…
So at the moment I’m writing this, I need to farm 780g and what’s to say that the precursor
process won’t rise?

Yeah I know, several spelling errors but I wrote this from my S3 so deal with it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dr Hashbrown.7104

Dr Hashbrown.7104

Just buy gold if you’re rich enough to buy an S3

-Drums

in Crafting

Posted by: Snaq.3408

Snaq.3408

I got the phone on contract so it didn’t cost me anything.
And since I’m building my own house pretty soon I think I’ll put my money there instead :-)

I flushed 8 rare greatswords down the toilet today and the result made me confused:
1 X Rare dagger
1 x Rare torch

I always thought that if you place 4 items of the same type in the toilet the result is a item of the same type?

in Crafting

Nachtz.4930

If you found something… You should probably share it. Either way it’s not really going to hurt you if people know some mystic forge secret lurking about. I still have my doubts about your luck though, unless you’ve really stumbled on some trick.

I know the named rares (shortbow, longbow, staff, sword, etc.) are said to yield better results, but i’ve yet to see it.

First I’ll help my guildies getting their legendaries (already gave 4 precursors), then I may sell some others so I can get quite rich, and I will eventually tell what I found. Maybe what I found does not exist and the only factor is my luck, but well, let me believe

in Crafting

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

88 exotics into the forge, all garbage so far

Oceanic [LOD]

in Crafting

Posted by: Rusha.4725

Rusha.4725

Just save up your gold before you get sucked into the allure of the forge.

Seconds later you’ll be left with 1g and become so depressed that you quit

Haha it sucked hundreds of gold of mine and still cant stop myself sometimes.

Btw when I started gambling with MF i got the precursor of bifrost from my 7th try with random cheap 70-79 exotics. I ve been sucked by it since then and lost maybe the price of 3 precursors while gambling.

(edited by Rusha.4725)

in Crafting

Wukunlin.8461

make that 100, same results lol. Am I doing something wrong? not even a named exo has popped yet, only seen the pearl, tribal, orrian, and the ceremonial exos coming out.

Oceanic [LOD]

in Crafting

Dawdler.8521

The funny thing is… I know this to be true. Two examples:

There are people in our guild that always get rares from loot chest, ie its working properly.
Then there are people that never get rares from loot chests, only white items. Every. Single. Time.

There’s been people in the guild that could not go past Silver event completion. Even when doing events that other guild members easily got Gold for at the same time by sneezing at mobs. Even when soloing events.

The reward and loot system is in other words, completely random. Wait maybe that’s working as intended? :/

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

Interesting theory, I did have a guildie with the same kind of “luck”. Actually getting whites from high end chests. I thought for awhile he was just pulling my chain, but then we did the Halloween mad king dungeon and he actually did get utter garbage from the chest, every single time.

I also notice far better drops overall on my guardian than my ele (neither running MF).

I suppose it is somehow possible, even though it seems unlikely. Maybe someone should look into the possibility?

in Crafting

Posted by: NightLight.5704

NightLight.5704

there are no such a thing like… luck omg guys get real.this is about having the proper combination of items,its about mechanic there cant be “luck”.there is ppl who know the combinations for precursors but they will never tell,thats how humanity works… no one want to see other one atlest tinny bit happy soo.find the combination that it.

Lolo Belloc
Ranger of Legacy of MARA [MARA]
Gunnar’s Hold.

in Crafting

Posted by: Easlay.3297

Easlay.3297

is just luck..a friend of mine got:
– the legend at 1st try (using rares)
– dusk after almost 10 try (using rares)
– 2° the legend from chest
and he was playing for like 2 weeks..and has like 1700 gold and is rdy for get his legendary

me instead got nothing after tons of try :V

[OSC] Easlay Koorst – Thief
Sfr

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

All these lucky threads are causing is making everyone else spend tons of gold on a system is is bound to shatter souls.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

I’ve put in roughly 1500 rares, 500 exotics and gotten two precusors. But the two I got were on the same day. I don’t believe theres any “combination” to get a precusor, considering I know a ton of people, on SoR anyways, have thrown in four random rares(not of the same type) and gotten precusors before. I know of atleast 100 froged precursors in the last month and none of them had any sort of pattern. There is no secret way to get a precusor. The RNG gods will smile on you, nothing more. You might be luckier on some day than others, though.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Crafting

Wukunlin.8461

38 tries with exotics now, its ok I will keep trying.

Oceanic [LOD]

in Crafting

Posted by: NightLight.5704

NightLight.5704

Tryed like 80 bows in the abyss of misery and ofc nothing,but for me ingame unluck is just a routine,just another day.i am the only person i know who farm shores 4+h and got no single rare drop so its normal.wont even try more i know the results already.so i guess i will just going to buy it some day from some prolly lucky kitten ot some 12 years old abysser who breack your soo called… “luck”.bottom line..

Lolo Belloc
Ranger of Legacy of MARA [MARA]
Gunnar’s Hold.

in Crafting

Wukunlin.8461

make that 100, same results lol. Am I doing something wrong? not even a named exo has popped yet, only seen the pearl, tribal, orrian, and the ceremonial exos coming out.

38 tries with exotics now, its ok I will keep trying.

on the 40th try, I got it. Thats 160 exotic hammers into the forge. kinda funny that I used a new alt I’m lvling in wvw. Some sort of “beginner’s” luck?

Attachments:

Oceanic [LOD]

in Crafting

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

I tried to craft a precursor for the first time today. Got mine at the 3rd attempt. Guess I was a little lucky.

Spend ~30g on mats -> 52 rare GSs -> Dawn, 1 exotic GS worth ~2g and 2 rare GSs

Attachments:

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

Geesh i’m up to 1000+ short bows and at least 500 staves, and nada…

in Crafting

Posted by: Missle.3926

Missle.3926

The chances of getting precursors are horribly small, it’s just that all the people posting here are either those who got a bunch of precursors very fast, or those who spent a ton of gold and have nothing. Really, if you want to get your precursor from MF I would suggest just playing the game and buying a few rares occasionally and hopefully in a year or two you might get one

in Crafting

Infernia.9847

The chances of getting precursors are horribly small, it’s just that all the people posting here are either those who got a bunch of precursors very fast, or those who spent a ton of gold and have nothing. Really, if you want to get your precursor from MF I would suggest just playing the game and buying a few rares occasionally and hopefully in a year or two you might get one

^^Pretty much I’m doing this. I have been collecting rare weapons along the way. I don’t sell any of them just put them in my bank. When I get four of the same type I put them in the forge. You only lose about 20s per rare and you will, at the very least, get a rare back. For weapons that have dropped over time playing the game just running around, there isn’t a huge loss involved.

in Crafting

Dawdler.8521

Well…

A couple of weeks ago, I made about 12 rare swords to toss into the mystic toilet – Dawn on the first 4. Then just yellow crap for the rest.

Today, I made 20ish rare swords to toss into the mystic toilet – Dusk on the first 4. Then just yellow crap once again.

Am I cursed to only get a pre-legendary on the first try when I toss things in?

in Crafting

Infernia.9847

Well…

A couple of weeks ago, I made about 12 rare swords to toss into the mystic toilet – Dawn on the first 4. Then just yellow crap for the rest.

Today, I made 20ish rare swords to toss into the mystic toilet – Dusk on the first 4. Then just yellow crap once again.

Um…. please send your curse my way.
Also if you get tired of all those pre-cursors cluttering your inventory; you can always donate to a good cause.

in Crafting

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Well…

Did you really just say you are cursed for having ONLY got precursors on your first try?

I am starting to think RNG is applied upon account creation and not changed at all afterwards. My luck with drops has literally not changed since launch. I seem to get the same amount/kind at the same frequency everyday.

Just a thought.

in Crafting

Posted by: Qori.9671

Qori.9671

I finally got the Legend today. I bought 4X of each: silence , sentinels quarterstaff , eched shaman staff of rage , and the cheap ceremonial staff. put one of each in first attempt got deathwish , 2nd i got a knights staff , 3rd got the legend , and 4th got valkeries staff.
good luck to you all , I dont know how many rares i have tried with. I have only tried exotics maybe 2 times before since i am so poor. cost me about 40 gold for the staves and I sold the left overs for 10 gold , so it cost me 30 gold i guess. hope this helps anyone trying to make theirs. =)