[RANT/SUGGESTION]Precursor ridiculous prices

in Crafting

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

Please… Please Anet just make them craftable.

I took a break from the game for a while(a month or so) and now when I’m back just enjoying the game I see the prices on TP for the precursors. I’m now more demotivated than ever to make a legendary. I don’t spend many hours ingame but I can tell I’ll never catch up with the inflation at this rate.

Make them craftable, I don’t care if total cost for craftable precursor is 2000g. At least it’s a goal I can work towards in my own pace and that’s not based upon pure luck from drop in pve or mystic forge.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Why do you need a legendary?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It’s reasonable to question if that goal is reasonable for you … based on how much you play, a more appropriate goal for you is to craft Ascended gear.

in Crafting

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

I don’t spend many hours ingame but I can tell I’ll never catch up with the inflation at this rate.

Well if you you do not play enough to buy one with gold, there has never been a better time to buy a precurser with cash, they are cheaper then ever.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ryan Mozo.9581

Ryan Mozo.9581

Why do you need a legendary?

If I were to answer that question I would say that I absolutely love the skin. I’m working towards The Bifrost and I have yet to see a better looking staff (in my opinion, don’t hate). That’s why I would want a legendary, because I love the look of it.

Edit: I am working towards buying the precursor though. My way of working towards it is having the endpoint 1600g (or whatever it is), and telling myself to get so and so amount of gold per week. So I’m trying haha

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You do realize (when or if) they make craftable precursors, they will NOT be the existing ones, right? They will either make a new tier of Precursor / Legendary weapons or there will be some “restrictions” / “differences” in the “easier” to obtain ones they introduce.

They cannot NOW make it easier for the existing Legendaries to be obtained. THAT is not going to happen (granted, I could be wrong….but I’d love to watch the feces storm that follows if they do).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I wouldn’t mind if they make precursors craftable. I am sure they will. How it applies to the current legendaries I don’t know. I do know that they have no intention of affecting the current pre market prices. Which tells me that they will be account bound when crafted and so will the legendary they create. I hope they do. With as many pre’s as I have gotten and as many legendaries as I have crafted, I would really hope that people have a chance at obtaining their pre through some huge task, mission, crafting, time gated, obscene mess of a mission. I would love to be able to craft a pre just for the sake of crafting one.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Making them (the craftable ones) account bound will not mean they won’t affect the existing market.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Making them (the craftable ones) account bound will not mean they won’t affect the existing market.

Which is just fine for me! I just want some agency in getting one.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Crafting

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Yes it will. You cant sell them. The only affect it will have is people who may have otherwise bought one will now be able to craft one instead.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Look, if you ‘get’ money there isn’t a big difference at this point between saving up for a precursor and saving up for the gift of fortune – the price isn’t even that different – but psychologically people have no trouble saving up materials for the gift but just break saving up for the precursor, and it’s not the job of the game to teach people personal finance.

Even something stupid like ‘trade 80 mithril ore, 50 elder wood, 50 T5 fine mats, and an ecto for a piece of shiny foil’ and ‘trade 500 pieces of shiny foil for a precursor’ would be a net positive for the game. People get that system. Stockpiling all those materials, selling them, then buying the precursor they want? Not so much.

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

Yes it will. You cant sell them. The only affect it will have is people who may have otherwise bought one will now be able to craft one instead.

Let me put it this way. If people can craft precursors, how do you think that would affect demand for the ones you can buy? This is under the assumption that they’re essentially the same precursor.

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I’d be willing to bet that if they allows crafting, it might even cost MORE to make one than it would to just buy existing ones. It’s not Anet’s goal to make legendaries easier for people to get.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Another thing to consider: more precursors => higher t6 prices

in Crafting

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Yes the prices are high. An example: Leaf of Kudzu listed for 1045 gold. Pulled Leaf of Kudzu out of the mystic forge last week & sold it for 711 gold before the selling fee.
Place a custom order & you might pick up a precursor for far less than the listed price you see on the tp.

in Crafting

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Look, if you ‘get’ money there isn’t a big difference at this point between saving up for a precursor and saving up for the gift of fortune – the price isn’t even that different – but psychologically people have no trouble saving up materials for the gift but just break saving up for the precursor, and it’s not the job of the game to teach people personal finance.

I would take this even further.
gift of fortune = ~2000g
precursor = ~1000g

Some legendary weapons sell for less than 3000g, so my point is, if you want a legendary, just buy one … So what if it is not Dusk or Eternity, believe me, no one cares ..

If you want a cool skin, then craft something using a MF recipe like Infinite Light, a nicer skins than Bolt, imo. You can knock yourself out saving up for 250 charged lodestones, if you want a reachable goal.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Crafting

Ensign.2189

I would take this even further.
gift of fortune = ~2000g
precursor = ~1000g

Not quite that, but sure – and for a lot of people stuck at needing the precursor, they could totally sell off their T6 mats and ectos, buy the precursor, then gather those mats again.

Except I’d bet that most of those people had already turned their mats into gifts to reach a milestone and no longer have that option, and even if they hadn’t it wouldn’t occur to them to do so. It’s not treated like an asset portfolio, it’s a series of distinct goals that are not interchangeable mentally.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

There are Eternities and other legendaries everywhere right now, why make them even easier to obtain?

in Crafting

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

grabs the wand
RIDICULUS >>>>>>> poof crafted precursors

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Crafting

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

herpa kitten !

Just because they can’t be sold doesn’t mean they don’t affect the existing market…buyers focus change to crafting, all the g they were saving now goes into crafting matts for precursor, demand drops on existing precursors theyre price now scales in line with the matts required for the crafting ones..

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

herpa kitten !

Just because they can’t be sold doesn’t mean they don’t affect the existing market…buyers focus change to crafting, all the g they were saving now goes into crafting matts for precursor, demand drops on existing precursors theyre price now scales in line with the matts required for the crafting ones..

So the robber barons suffer and regular players win? I’m not seeing a downside.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

The precursor is used for your LEGENDARY weapon. What is so legendary about RNG? Absolutely nothing! Yet, Anet wants the legendary weapons to be rare and difficult to get. So if you have Twilight, then that should mean something! Enough rant, here’s my idea:

To get your precursor one must complete a HUGE quest chain that is full of the toughest aspects of Guild Wars 2. A variety of jumping puzzles as hard as Mad King’s Clock Tower or harder. “X” amount of sPvP and WvW kills. Solo Lupicus Giganticus or a newer boss of the same difficulty (or harder) in a solo instance that is apart of this massive quest chain. And during this quest chain, after you have completed massively difficult content that is a mixture of solo and cooperative play, then you would get a soul-bound item to use to help craft your precursor.

There should be a uniquely awesome storyline to this massive quest chain for each legendary weapon, and those storylines should be unique to each weapon, giving each weapon its own history and depth of character. That would drive people to want to get more than just one legendary just to see the storylines. Maybe the storylines could intersect and only if you complete every single one and get every legendary in game will you know the ultimate ending with a MASSIVE reward: LEGENDARY ARMOR SET or something!

Essentially, Anet needs to fill in the details, but there should be one massive quest chain that throws the best and hardest content GW2 has to offer. In other words, by having a legendary, people will recognize you for actually achieving something very difficult and not just lucky with a lot of time on your hands (or money in your wallet).

Please note, I don’t want legendary weapons to become common or easier to achieve. I only want fair and FUN. RNG is not really fair nor fun, because software can never be truly random. Instead, make it skill based. I really would like to hear from a Dev on this suggestion.

If you agree please speak up! Or if you have other ideas, post them below please.

in Crafting

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

Making them craftable would cheapen the sense of achievement for the people whom have already worked to get them.
It’d be like a kick in the eggs to them, to have them accessable on demand.

My suggestion for precursor prices is make Zommoros a little more reasonable.
I did some searching and experimenting, and the concensus is that Zommoros has a 0.76% chance of giving a precursor on 4 exotics. And slightly lower than that on 4 rares. Maybe raise the success rate slightly so that 4 exotics is between 1 and 2%? That’d put 4 rares success rate at about 0.80-1.2%-ish. If I scaled my numbers correctly.
[Probably not, because I’m not a math genius… :/]

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mantheren.5428

Mantheren.5428

How about not adding precursor crafting?

Instead add account bound legendary crafting, that only uses new (that nobody has yet) account bound ingredients. Ingredients gathered through quests or farming or whatever.

The only thing that would go down then is the demand for the other legendaries, and that might bring the prices of everything related to them down as well (both precursors and t6 material).

No demand for anything would rise, and legendaries would actually be legendary since you can’t straight up buy them (or any of their ingredients) any more. Every single person that has one would have run through that crafting process themselves. Indicating an equal amount of effort for everyone.

in Crafting

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I don’t understand the complaining of adding in precursor crafting, so long as the one you make ends up account bound. It shuts up those who are QQing about them dropping from the mystic toilet and it shuts up those who worry about the TP because they can’t flood it with them. It makes it a little more personal than the randomness of the toilet (still allowing them to come out that way, should someone want to though) and gives us something to do in the meantime.

I do find it…odd that we can can just buy our sparkly, shiny toys of awesomeness off the TP but the money miser inside me understands that ANet hopes we convert gems into gold to get that legendary instead of working for it.

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t understand the complaining of adding in precursor crafting, so long as the one you make ends up account bound. It shuts up those who are QQing about them dropping from the mystic toilet and it shuts up those who worry about the TP because they can’t flood it with them. It makes it a little more personal than the randomness of the toilet (still allowing them to come out that way, should someone want to though) and gives us something to do in the meantime.

I do find it…odd that we can can just buy our sparkly, shiny toys of awesomeness off the TP but the money miser inside me understands that ANet hopes we convert gems into gold to get that legendary instead of working for it.

You haven’t read any of the posts in the thread(s), have you?

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

…..
Zommoros has a 0.76% chance of giving a precursor on 4 exotics. And slightly lower than that on 4 rares. …..

Actually, the rate for RARES is MUCH less….EXACTLY 1/5th (0.2) that of Exotics since you MUST get an EXOTIC from the 4 RARES (a 20% chance) and THEN get the precursor from the EXOTIC loot table (the 0.76% chance)….about 0.15% chance. Many players don’t get this and spend WAY too long tossing RARES in the flusher. Note that it can end up costing LESS (as RARE cost less), but you have potentially do 5 times more tries for the same odds.

The fact that it’s an RNG that can hit on ANY toss obscures the EXOTICS vs RARE perception and misinformation about the actual odds abound. To be honest, the % numbers being tossed around are part of the issue. It implies that if the odds are 1% then you can toss 100 sets in the forge and be guaranteed the item….far from the truth (you could toss in 100,000 sets and never get the item).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Crafting

Ensign.2189

Why do I feel like all the ‘make it account bound’ arguments are implicitly arguing for making crafted precursors cheap (because it being account bound won’t disrupt the other markets!!!!1), and are stepped in a misunderstanding of how the TP works?

While I can only speculate as to what a precursor crafting chain would look like, one thing I have the utmost confidence in is that it would not be a system for delivering cheap and easy precursors to the masses.

in Crafting

Ensign.2189

Precursors are expensive because for whatever reason the GW2 population is no longer producing T5 materials in bulk. Maybe it’s the shift to dry top where the events don’t put out a whole lot of T5 fine; I really don’t know.

But that’s really all there is to this story. No T5 fine mats = no precursors. If you could move the bulk of the farming community from whatever it is they are farming now back to Orr where they kill zombies and open bags, prices would drop precipitously. But for whatever reason the farming community is farming stuff that doesn’t deliver precursors, and the prices reflect that.

So what are they doing instead, and how high do prices have to climb before people drop whatever it is they are doing and start farming precursors again?

in Crafting

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

Making them craftable would cheapen the sense of achievement for the people whom have already worked to get them.
It’d be like a kick in the eggs to them, to have them accessable on demand.

Maybe for you. I’ve crafted 3; the precursor is the part I found least engaging (I got two drops from the mystic forge, one from fotm, one purchased off the TP — I sold my extra flame of rodgort). I think the current acquisition mechanism sucks (it’s not hard, it’s just random … fair RNG implementations produce wildly unfair outputs when you consider the extreme cases; I was towards the average, but it still felt stupid).

I understand the need for material sinks, and I understand that the psychological effect of people who have good luck is probably pretty strong (they’re likely to talk about said good luck, and be more engaged; and there are lots of contexts where you can get a good drop if you play long enough). But the system is designed to produce unfair results (in the sense that some people get amazing runs in both directions) … and it’s time consuming and frustrating.

Making precursors craftable — esp using a complex or expensive process — would in no way reduce the value of the legendaries I’ve made, IMO. I made them because I liked the skins … I never expected them to be very exclusive, and they’re obviously not so.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kwishin.5124

Kwishin.5124

in Crafting

Posted by: Lazerator.3482

Lazerator.3482

Ive pretty much given up on getting my precursor. I’ve instead taken up getting ascended armor/weapons with great stats that look like crap. Afterall its the stats that matter the most. I tried making money by flipping items on TP quite successfully for a bit. But that requires time, something that I cannot spend holding a full time job.
Atleast im grateful that anet has easy ways of getting good stat gear with relatively minimal effort so that you can be competetive in wvw and dungeons!

in Crafting

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Dusk:
supply: 27
buy price: 1340

…expect this price to rise to 1550g in a week or two 2000g in September (everything works as intended, right Jon?)

in Crafting

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

Dusk:

…expect this price to rise to 1550g in a week or two 2000g in September (everything works as intended, right Jon?)

Almost 1451g on FA right now with the same availability of 27. xD

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

in Crafting

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Dusk:

Heh… it’s a global economy =P

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in Crafting

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Dusk:

In case of precursors always check buy order prices, and yes – economy is global for EU + US servers

in Crafting

Posted by: Xanidus.3865

Xanidus.3865

OH NO!! More precursors would raise the price of items that I can actually farm and obtain!?!!? THE HORROR!!!

in Crafting

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

OH NO!! More precursors would raise the price of items that I can actually farm and obtain!?!!? THE HORROR!!!

I’m very afraid.

…of making a ton of money selling T5 and below materials that already earn me oodles of silver every night, just by faffing about. I’d be utterly paralyzed (with glee) at earning more by contributing to the trading post.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632