World First Legendary Eternity Updated with recipe and video

in Crafting

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Buying your way to cool stuff takes place in every game. When I played wow people bought raid spots all the time in order to get items that were out of their league. Buy enough isk in eve and you can literally get anything.

Getting worked up over people with more money than you is a character flaw.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Why do you care if some dude spends hundreds of dollars on GW2 pixels? You didn’t spend hundreds of dollars on GW2 pixels so I’m pretty sure you came out ahead in the deal.

What is the point of playing to get rare items if rich people can just buy them from the start? It’s stupid – it would be like going to an amusement park – everyone pays the same $60 to get in. But the people who have $1000 gets to pay their way to the front of the line to go ride the Legendary rollercoaster, while the other 95% have to wait in a 500 hour line. Would that fly a Disney World? Hell no, it wouldn’t.

in Crafting

azurrei.5691

Buying your way to cool stuff takes place in every game. When I played wow people bought raid spots all the time in order to get items that were out of their league. Buy enough isk in eve and you can literally get anything.

Getting worked up over people with more money than you is a character flaw.

I don’t care about money, I care about fairness in a situation in which everyone who pays the same $60 to play should have.

in Crafting

Awesome.6120

it would be like going to an amusement park – everyone pays the same $60 to get in. But the people who have $1000 gets to pay their way to the front of the line to go ride the Legendary rollercoaster, while the other 95% have to wait in a 500 hour line. Would that fly a Disney World? Hell no, it wouldn’t.

When I went to Universal Studios I got a card that let me cut all the lines because I stayed at a park hotel. Pretty sure Disney has a similar system.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

Very cool, congratulations, I hope you enjoy slaughtering your enemies and making a video.

But seriously, spill the beans on the recipe. You got your world first in. Help the rest of us out.

in Crafting

Awesome.6120

I don’t care about money, I care about fairness in a situation in which everyone who pays the same $60 to play should have.

He paid more than $60 though.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Crafting

azurrei.5691

@ Awesome – yeah, I made my point – Anet allows legit cheaters in their game – end of story. My time is more important than to counterpoint anyone who names themselves “Awesome.”

in Crafting

Posted by: TexY.2350

TexY.2350

3 questions.

1: Where did you farm the karma?
2: Avarage karma/hour?
3: Can I join your guild? X)

in Crafting

Posted by: exum.3746

exum.3746

lololol legit cheaters? you sound butthurt over nothing.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

Wiki updated with the recipe that was mentioned on page 1. I’ve added the 2 unknown parts as “rumoured”, so if someone who knows the recipe wants to confirm them they can.

in Crafting

Posted by: pchow.1956

pchow.1956

The recipe will be released along with my video.

in Crafting

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

Hi, I was there a few hours ago watching you dance with it XD (how do u swing your weapon while dancing? I thought the weapons usually disappear when you type the /dance command). Got lucky enough to be there at the time it changed color (from the day/night cycle). Thanks and congrats

in Crafting

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Why do you care if some dude spends hundreds of dollars on GW2 pixels? You didn’t spend hundreds of dollars on GW2 pixels so I’m pretty sure you came out ahead in the deal.

What is the point of playing to get rare items if rich people can just buy them from the start? It’s stupid – it would be like going to an amusement park – everyone pays the same $60 to get in. But the people who have $1000 gets to pay their way to the front of the line to go ride the Legendary rollercoaster, while the other 95% have to wait in a 500 hour line. Would that fly a Disney World? Hell no, it wouldn’t.

Alot of amusement parks have a pass that let you do this….

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Crafting

Posted by: Dashrider.9360

Dashrider.9360

i want to congratulate you on your fine accomplishment. well done sir. well done.

I am not a number!
I am a MAN!
YOU are number 6…

in Crafting

Posted by: fykick.2569

fykick.2569

Why is this a flame thread? If I had played or heard about Legendaries before a month ago, I’d of rolled a warrior just for this, and farmed the whole past two months that I’ve been playing practically 24/7. And I’d of probably done it to just try and say I did it first also.

I’m a fan of online games for this reason. Competition.

So congrats if this is legit. And I mean that in the sense that there is no video yet, and I never trust screenshots as proof of anything existing(not in the sense of using exploits to gain stuff).

in Crafting

Posted by: Zakka.2153

Zakka.2153

Pretty crazy, I’ll tell you that. I not really sure how anyone finds the time or money to do theses

I myself I am working on what I call a mini “legend” basically a unique exotic. If I am lucky I’ll get in done with in three or so months….

Really does no one else feel that these lodestones and rare materials are a bit “too” rare?

It just seems like Champions and above lvl monster should have a better chance of dropping. Out of all the dungeons I’ve done I’ve only seen 1 “core” drop.

Also how come we cannot rarely salvage these lodestones as well?…hmm sorry I am rambling.

Anyway congrats. Please share some money making tips

in Crafting

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

The jealous voice inside of me: “Dauym yo such a nolifer!!!111oneone”

The rational voice: Congrats mate! Props for the hard work, and I hope now that you achieved the hardest thing in the game, you don’t get immediately bored of it.

in Crafting

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

Very nice indeed. The accomplishment, that is. The weapon itself… oh well.

I thought at least the hilt would be a mixture of Sunrise/Twilight like the icon suggests, and that the blade and effects switch depending on the time of day. You know, so you can actually see that it’s Eternity.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

in Crafting

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I don’t see why people make a big stink about someone who put in a lot of time to get this item. It’s not like it’s required to enjoy the game or anything. It’s supposed to take a lot of time and effort to acquire, so kudos to you and your guild for making Eternity!

in Crafting

Posted by: pchow.1956

pchow.1956

updated:

recipe is
Twilight
Sunrise
5x Piles of Crystalline Dust
10 Philosopher stones

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTG3zOhoERs

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

How can you dance with the sword? I thought it becomes invisible when dancing? Or is it a eternity special?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Congratulations. Although I personally do not like the appearance of any of the Greatsword legendaries, I respect the amount of time and effort that went into this. Enjoy your Eternity.

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Seems a bit underwhelming

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

That’s a weird recipe lol! Congratulations nevertheless man! :P

in Crafting

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I’m blaming you for the economy being so crappy.

in Crafting

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

Gz to Pcshow and thx for sharing the info.

BUT. LOL @ Anet for failing twice on Eternity:
1) it has less effects than precursors have
2) it is still @ “Mystic/Mythic” rarity level and doesnt count toward “Legendary collector” achievement/account medal.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

in Crafting

Posted by: theeagleeye.7693

theeagleeye.7693

Flawed logic is flawed. Sigh.

If a person wishes to spend more money than you do in this game, by no means is he deteriorating your experience. If we use your cutting-in-line example, it would be wrong for another person to get some sort of special treatment if both of you stay at a non-Disney hotel, yet the other person will get priority access because he can shell out more money.

But for this game, if a person decides to shell out more money, I see nothing wrong with it, because him/her shelling out more cash does not deteriorate your experience. You’re not required to get a legendary weapon anyway, unlike gaining entry to an amusement park, which requires you to fall in line. If anything, you just sound like you’re a kid getting jealous at some other kid because he gets to eat Chef Gordon Ramsey’s burger, while you eat a Big Mac.

And just in case you forgot, there are no subscription fees for this game. ArenaNet has to make money for future content, right? Yeah, though so. :P

Some must fight, so that all may be free!

Fort Aspenwood

(edited by theeagleeye.7693)

in Crafting

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

He has somewhat of a point though. Because if a legendary was given by killing 100,000 mobs, it would be a standard that we could all compare to. If someone can buy one, no one should admire him/her for it.

Legendaries are meant for prestige, but because of the questionable or easy ways to get them, they often are looked down upon rather than celebrated.

in Crafting

Posted by: Icey.6045

Icey.6045

He has somewhat of a point though. Because if a legendary was given by killing 100,000 mobs, it would be a standard that we could all compare to. If someone can buy one, no one should admire him/her for it.
Legendaries are meant for prestige, but because of the questionable or easy ways to get them, they often are looked down upon rather than celebrated.

It is an MMO. Everything is easy.
The only true measurement is time.
Farming karma takes time.
Making Gold takes time.
Making $ takes time.

I can’t play videogames 14hrs/day like I use to, I spend my time working while others spend their time playing. Buying gold with gems (and gems with gold) is an equalizer for both parties.

Farming karma probably takes the most time and is why I will not get a Legendary nearly as soon as others. It is the 1 requirement that isn’t equalized. He spent 700+ hours in game (or afk at champ select? idk). That’s a ton of time dedicated to the game.

Edit: Another thing to consider, since all I have been doing is Karma farming during my free time….

1 CS Event is 354 Karma.
Assume 1 million karma per Legendary.
2,825 Events to complete.
1.86 Silver per event.
52.55 Gold in just event money.
Tons more money acquired through items obtained, if you are great with tagging creatures you can easily obtain an average of ~5+ more silver per event, or a total of 141.25 more gold. (83 with karma boosters)

Easily acquire 193.75 gold per 1 million Karma farmed.
If you use Karma boosters (including the +50% one from BLT), you would get around 114 gold.

(edited by Icey.6045)

in Crafting

Posted by: frak.5239

frak.5239

It is an MMO. Everything is easy.
The only true measurement is time.
Farming karma takes time.
Making Gold takes time.
Making $ takes time.

I can’t play videogames 14hrs/day like I use to, I spend my time working while others spend their time playing. Buying gold with gems (and gems with gold) is an equalizer for both parties.

Farming karma probably takes the most time and is why I will not get a Legendary nearly as soon as others. It is the 1 requirement that isn’t equalized. He spent 700+ hours in game (or afk at champ select? idk). That’s a ton of time dedicated to the game.

Edit: Another thing to consider, since all I have been doing is Karma farming during my free time….

1 CS Event is 354 Karma.
Assume 1 million karma per Legendary.
2,825 Events to complete.
1.86 Silver per event.
52.55 Gold in just event money.
Tons more money acquired through items obtained, if you are great with tagging creatures you can easily obtain an average of ~5+ more silver per event, or a total of 141.25 more gold. (83 with karma boosters)

Easily acquire 193.75 gold per 1 million Karma farmed.
If you use Karma boosters (including the +50% one from BLT), you would get around 114 gold.

1 cs event is actually 378 karma :p

in Crafting

Posted by: Icey.6045

Icey.6045

1 cs event is actually 378 karma :p

Meh.

I hate you now.

Not editing.

in Crafting

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

Too cool! Congratulations on being first if you are.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

in Crafting

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

Congratulations. You sir are dedicated.

in Crafting

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

the sword looks great. grats

in Crafting

Posted by: Silverghost.4192

Silverghost.4192

If you’re going to hate anyone hate the developers like Lindsey who don’t know the meaning of Risk vs Reward and despite assuring players pre-launch that GW2 would not be Pay-to-Win have clearly made it such and this story is true proof of that.

Pcshow worked very hard to accomplish this. If you watch his eternity video you can see that he still has over 140 obsidian shards (294k extra karma). I’m in his guild and every single day I come home from work he’s online in Cursed Shore farming karma. Always with guild 24hour 15% buff + 5% banner buff + 50% booster. When I go to bed at night he’s usually still up playing non-stop. He put in the time and effort and deserved his reward.

The only thing he didn’t deserve is to have to spend the RL $$ on gems that he had to in the 1st place to buy his precursor at 60g.

The devs really messed this one up. While Pita made his legendaries 100% Legitimately he had to do it by finding a niche in the TP and expediting his control of the market with Anet’s help through gem purchases and the help of the people who did cheat with the Godskull exploit.

Pita did not cheat but there’s a good chance that the precursors that were purchased early on were from people who did cheat and therefore never should have been on the TP in the 1st place. Is this his fault? No. It’s the devs oversite. Now they are making everyone else pay for it by allowing the precursor prices to stay at 350g+ and doing nothing about it.

I guess that’s what happens in a pay-to-win game though….

<→For those who say it’s not pay-to-win because the stats are not better. Be honest, the only form of character progression after equipping your crafted set of exotics is “Appearance Gear” and the “Win for Appearance is Legendaries”.

You do dungeons, you kill all 3 dragons, after that there is no more PvE .

You capture the map in WvW which is fun but it gives no lasting reward other than temporary buffs to you server. (Which is also messed up because the more you capture the stronger you get making it easier to keep what you have captured so 1st one to capture has a huge advantage to winning the week.)

And there’s sPvP which is also fun but and has some perks like bunny finisher’s etc but not everyone likes sPvP and maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think you can get Legendaries through sPvP.

(Legendaries are the only significant reward and they have become attainable primarily through RMT and exploitation of others (not the OP).)

TL;DR — Be mad at the Devs for oversite on bugs and not regulating precursors. Don’t be mad at the OP for the hardwork he put in.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

Nice to see this thread derailed by yet another person ranting about how gosh-darned hard it is to get precursors…

in Crafting

Posted by: Silverghost.4192

Silverghost.4192

It’s not hard, it’s luck, and I clearly posted that Pcshow deserves credit for All of the hardwork he has put in for the things that do not require luck. (WvW, Karma, Map Completion, Dungeon Tokens, etc)

in Crafting

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

I’ll go back to the math thing: 31.5 days out of 56 days playing time means an -average- of 13.5 hours a day playing. Average. Assuming this person sleeps 7.5 hrs/day (probably too high) that leaves 3 hours a day to eat, shower, browse this forum, check facebook, leave the house… It seems like it would be impossible for this person to attend school or hold a job. (Maybe if he slept more like 5 hrs/day and binge-played on the weekends, he could attend a university with a light schedule?)

The guy who posted the 900 hour time (37.5 days out of 56) spent an AVERAGE of 16 hours a day playing. Sixteen hours per day. Even assuming 7 hours of sleep a night that leaves ONE HOUR PER DAY for all other body maintenance, which is basically impossible (so he slept less than 7 hrs/day). I don’t think there is any way someone could possibly fit any sort of job/school into this schedule, and it seems like it would probably require another person to help with daily maintenance to even live this way.

Guys: congrats on your achievements, but in all seriousness: put the game down and go outside for a little while! I am not judging, or jealous: I am concerned for your health.

in Crafting

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

You know, given all the negative comments in this thread reminds me of the SAO anime I am watching (sword art online), where the beta testers of this game managed to hog all the good farming spots, get the highest levels and the best items. Glad my life isnt at risk i n Gw2 though lol.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

Guys: congrats on your achievements, but in all seriousness: put the game down and go outside for a little while! I am not judging, or jealous: I am concerned for your health.

Concern trolling is still basically trolling, even if you dress it up in nice clothes.

In any case, were you aware that just sitting on the character select screen gets logged in the total hours? Which means that you can leave it that way while you sleep or eat or go to work and it’ll look like you’re spending your whole waking life playing GW2, when in fact you’re just not bothering to log out completely every time you go do something else.

in Crafting

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Congrats on getting your mega-legendary

I can’t help but be a little depressed though now that I realize just how much money some players have! I mean… 3 legendaries, 80,000 gems, etc. Yowza!

in Crafting

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

godskull exploiter showing off. grats i guess. still can’t believe arenanet just rolled over completely on that massive exploit.

in Crafting

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

godskull exploiter showing off. grats i guess. still can’t believe arenanet just rolled over completely on that massive exploit.

Typical excuse by someone who’s too lazy to put in the effort to find opportunities to profit and would rather sit around and sulk about how unfair things are in a self-perpetuating cycle.

PROTIP: There are legitimate ways to profit that are comparable to the godskull exploit.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

I think the Guild Wars 2 community is the only place where you get shunned for accomplishing things. Some of the comments here are quite sad in fact. OP decided to go for something, lo’ and behold, he did it, so let’s congratulate him instead.

No it’s not. This is standard large-gaming forum policy.

Amazing achievement. I’m in awe of the OP.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rore.3548

Rore.3548

I’m pretty jelly. I’ve pretty much missed out on all the money making routines that all the legendary hero’s profited on.

Last week my precursor was 150g (recently found a way to make 16g+ a week farming nodes / events… was getting close), and now its 350g. Pushed me back like 22 weeks at my current rate (still not to shabby). By the time I do gather that much, I’ll have over a million karma, and the price will probably have increased again.

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

If you’re going to hate anyone hate the developers like Lindsey who don’t know the meaning of Risk vs Reward and despite assuring players pre-launch that GW2 would not be Pay-to-Win have clearly made it such and this story is true proof of that.

How ’bout NO!!

There shouldn’t be any hating going on, especially for Devs who take the time to actually talk with us.

There is no pay to win. The stats for Legendaries are the same as exotics. They only have additional graphics and particle effects. SWtOR has just gone free to play and that is pay to win. How can you tell? Well, because people that pay get to equip & buy better gear that those that are just regularly found in the game. That’s Pay to Win. If Anet’s system was Pay to Win, only people that subscribed would be able to equip level 80 Exotic Gear, clearly giving an edge to people that pay money for the game.

You cannot pay money to get a distinct advantage over other people. If you people think that Legendary weapons are ‘winning’ you guys need to go outside and play some sports, or at least some board games or something.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

in Crafting

Posted by: Rore.3548

Rore.3548

There shouldn’t be any hating going on, especially for Devs who take the time to actually talk with us.

There is no pay to win. The stats for Legendaries are the same as exotics. They only have additional graphics and particle effects.

You cannot pay money to get a distinct advantage over other people. If you people think that Legendary weapons are ‘winning’ you guys need to go outside and play some sports, or at least some board games or something.

I approve of this message. And I try to remind myself that legendaries are just skins everytime I see the cost necessary for the precursor!

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

The ‘winning’ on THIS game IS skins.

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

The ‘winning’ on THIS game IS skins.

The ‘winning’ on THIS game is to make a character, play through the game and to have fun. If you think otherwise, you’ve missed the whole point of everything Anet has been trying to do.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend