let's discuss Passion Flowers.

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

i’ve got a relatively small sample size, but for what it’s worth, i’ve been farming southsun every day the past 10 days with my 3 lvl 80’s. i harvest every node and have come up with 11 flowers. i use mithril picks and don’t use any banners.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Bigger sample is need. 200 mithril sickles = 5 flowers for me.

PS: You can get more than 1 fruit per harvest.

What’s my sample size?

PS: I know.

in Crafting

Posted by: Asilithiel.7928

Asilithiel.7928

Almost all other 80 exotic jewelry takes 1 orb per jewel, and 5 jewels per item, for 5 orbs total. Passiflora takes 15 flowers per jewel, for 75 flowers total.

If they fixed the flower ingredient to be one per jewel, rather than 15, the prices would drop to perhaps double that of the other jewelry. This would be the easiest fix, but each flower is still 8-10x more expensive than the most demanded orb on the TP.

I believe they put so many in the recipes because they didn’t include lower tiers of passion flowers for making the 80 fine / masterwork / rare versions. Those recipes also take flowers, but a smaller number. To make that work, though, the flowers have to be vastly more common than they are now. Right now the TP shows over a 100x difference in the cost of ruby orbs versus passiflora, for a single jewelry item. (6.6 bid x 5, versus 52.1 bid * 75).

in Crafting

Posted by: Jarul.8635

Jarul.8635

Finaly after weeks of farming the passiflora nodes i got my first passion flower \o/
I am now in the prosses of making more alt’s just to farm the nodes, with any luck that should result in 1 flower average per day, so in about 3 months I should have my gear.

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Bigger sample is need. 200 mithril sickles = 5 flowers for me.

PS: You can get more than 1 fruit per harvest.

What’s my sample size?

PS: I know.

Does it matter? It obviously doesn’t reflect the real drop rate. For 2 reasons. You are using passion fruits to measure it and not passiflora nodes. And my gathering brings in 1 flower/50 nodes(the pattern has been holding up for quite some time now). Unless you have the habit of getting 4 fruits/node, the difference is significant enough to make both our samples unreliable.

in Crafting

kiba.2768

did another run today with 3x 80 alts and got 1 flower. it seems to be holding stead for me at 1 per day per 3x nodes on the map.

in Crafting

Posted by: Acrid.9731

Acrid.9731

I swear the single easiest fix would be to change the recipe requirements from 75 flowers per jewel, down to a similar requirement as that of any piece of jewelry requiring an orb.

I understand that not many people go and farm flowers because everybody knows that the chances of getting one are about on par with a Legendary precursor so that doesn’t help the supply situation at all. Maybe more people were expected to farm Southsun buts since that’s not happening at all something else needs to change to adjust for the issues present.

in Crafting

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Check out this sickle from Cessailia:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foraging_Sickle

It’s a sickle from akarma vendor, equivalent to a black lion sickle. More chance at flower.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas.9162

Lucas.9162

Just ran through Southsun with the sickle mentioned above. Granted, it was only one run, but I didn’t find any flowers. I’m gonna keep running through daily to see by how much it helps our chances, if at all.

in Crafting

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

Something must be done about this. I was lucky enough to create an armor set when they were just released but now that these flowers are harder to obtain the recipe is just insane. Anet should not be punishing people for their choice in stats. The drop rate is also insane. I have only found one in my time casually farming the karka.

in Crafting

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Pretty sure this needs to get fixed. Even running through with multiple guildmates in southsun cove we managed to get a grand total of 1 flower between all 3 of us.

*note we didn’t run it again on alts it was 1 harvesting cycle

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Clearly need a real fix, not that fake patch note. I wasted my time an entire month farming every day a clear gather run of southsun cove per day not even barely find one, after the patch. Go figure

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Acrid.9731

Congrats to me, finally harvested my first Passion Flower after a grand total of about 6 gathering runs through the Cove, now I only need 374 for Exotic set

in Crafting

kiba.2768

i’m still hovering around 1 per day. found 2 off the same node actually the other day. i have no use for these other than to sell them while gathering passion fruits

in Crafting

Acrid.9731

bet our chances of getting this fixed are about as good as Ele’s getting all their bugs fixed up

in Crafting

Acrid.9731

So it seems the prices have yet to drop, anybody know whether or not the advanced harvesting sickles do anything to increase chances on the drops?

in Crafting

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Where do passion flowers come from? Just wondering never have seen one of the bloody things in game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Where do passion flowers come from? Just wondering never have seen one of the bloody things in game.

passiflora in southsun cove

they’re SUPPOSED to be like gems and treasure bags from ore and trees, but they are just far too rare

it wouldn’t be so bad if southsun was a fun place to be, but it isn’t :<
(shame really, I had a great time there during lost shores)

in Crafting

Posted by: Ludovic.7259

Ludovic.7259

maybe they only bloom at night? or some other time of day?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mighty Bless.8471

Mighty Bless.8471

The real question is… Who have dropped thousands of them on TP the day before the karka event…. I have bought 500 of them that time at 2.50 silver, resold at 4 silver a day after the event.
Wish i haven’t sold them….

in Crafting

Posted by: bobomonkey.3685

bobomonkey.3685

Has anyone tried using the sickle you can get from the Laurel Vendor, just out of curiousity?

in Crafting

Acrid.9731

If anybody has tried we have yet to get a report on whether or not there is a significant increase in drop chance, but I think something else that has to be looked at is how big a sample size would you really have with less than a month of the laurel items being available. The other thing to take into consideration is whether or not it would be enough of an increase to spend 2 days worth of laurels for the increased percentage rates.

If the chances are high enough I will probably give it a shot since I really want to gather enough to make that exotic set at some point in time, although I am also hoping to see the apothecary stats added to the ascended item rosters.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Those are Masterwork … I would expect them to be the same as other Masterwork gathering tools.

in Crafting

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Is it just me or did they put a limit on how many Passiflora nodes an be picked a day on a single char? Last week they had a comfortable 1h respawn rate. This week…at some point all nodes just go poooof(they are on the map, i can see them, i pick one and everything else is suddenly gone). Which puts them on par with ori nodes….

One time I picked all of them in Southsun, waited a week (forgot about them, honestly) and when I went back to pick them again a ton of them were simply missing.. I have no idea what happened. There wasn’t a single one in Owain’s Refuge or southern Southsun Shoals where there used to be some close to the border with Dappled Shore.

And out of all the times I’ve gathered at Passiflora, I’ve only gotten one flower. Bummer. Guess I’m lucky that I’m not currently trying to make armour requiring them, sorry to those of you who are.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kirby.3961

Kirby.3961

kiba.2768
i’ve got a relatively small sample size, but for what it’s worth, i’ve been farming southsun every day the past 10 days with my 3 lvl 80’s. i harvest every node and have come up with 11 flowers. i use mithril picks and don’t use any banners.

Really? A Mithril Pick to gather Passion Flowers?

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

kiba.2768

So what do you use? Fine Mithril Sickle? Orichalcum Sickle?
Rates are supposed to be higher with patch so has anyone gone and checked how hight?

in Crafting

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

kiba.2768

So what do you use? Fine Mithril Sickle? Orichalcum Sickle?
Rates are supposed to be higher with patch so has anyone gone and checked how hight?

I went and did over 25 nodes, not one was gotten..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Crafting

Acrid.9731

Well thankfully Anet keeps upping the drop chances off those easy to find passion vines………..

in Crafting

Posted by: smero.5279

smero.5279

I used Advanced Harvesting Sickle(2 laurel one) and got a grand total of 1 out of 125.

Really got to wonder about Anet if they think thats highly efficient

in Crafting

Acrid.9731

Anybody have any updates on drop rate for these? Or we still averaging 1 per 125 or soharvests?

in Crafting

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

Heh. I had no idea how rare they were until last weekend while helping with a guild mission I harvested a passiflora node and got one. I asked if any guildies wanted it and everyone told me to sell it because they are expensive.

I skipped Karka land on release and have only farmed maybe 7 nodes lifetime there. I guess RNG was kind to me. I think I’ll quit while ahead with my 1 in 7. Since most times it seems 1 in 200 is more common.

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

in Crafting

Posted by: Dioxic.3026

Dioxic.3026

That’s ridiculous. Now with the Fine Infusions many people will need Passion Flowers and the drop rate still terrible.

[IRON]

in Crafting

Posted by: lunacrous.6751

lunacrous.6751

This is just… depressing. I wish they’d at least put some Apothecary’s gear on the new Badge of Honor vendors. I’d love to try out some builds using Apothecary’s gear on my Necro in WvW, but it seems that’s just not possible =(

in Crafting

Acrid.9731

This is just… depressing. I wish they’d at least put some Apothecary’s gear on the new Badge of Honor vendors. I’d love to try out some builds using Apothecary’s gear on my Necro in WvW, but it seems that’s just not possible =(

I agree,the Apothecary set would be awesome for WvW, I have a set for dungeon runs (minus the jewelry, all I couldafford were the greens) and I have a base of 1200 condition damage which is awesome considering the toughness and awesome amount of healing power on top of it.

At least they added the ascended jewelry to the laurel vendors otherwise I would have been very concerned.

Only downside of the set overall is the lack of direct damage on targets that can’t receive condition damage such as totems/turrets, or the gates in WvW.

I have noticed passion flower prices dropping in the TP but at 30-40s each its still an overpriced set.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

any response for this topic?
week of picking flowers and i got a whooping 4 passion flowers… yay…
75 needed for a single accessory.
at this pace, in a year from now (~365 days) , i will be able to craft apothecary ring or earring,

while it will take only 20 (twenty!) days running fractals 10 to get both rings
and a month of bounties to get the two earrings…
and month of dailies to get the amulet… so in one month I can get the whole ascended set…

or in a year of grinding get a single exotic piece?

does it sounds logical?

I strongly believe that with 75 flowers for single exotic accessory the drop rate of the
flower should be 100%... it will take about a month to pick (75*5=) 375 flowers in the cove.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

any response for this topic?
week of picking flowers and i got a whooping 4 passion flowers… yay…
75 needed for a single accessory.
at this pace, in a year from now (~365 days) , i will be able to craft apothecary ring or earring,

while it will take only 20 (twenty!) days running fractals 10 to get both rings
and a month of bounties to get the two earrings…
and month of dailies to get the amulet… so in one month I can get the whole ascended set…

or in a year of grinding get a single exotic piece?

does it sounds logical?

I strongly believe that with 75 flowers for single exotic accessory the drop rate of the
flower should be 100%... it will take about a month to pick (75*5=) 375 flowers in the cove.

I don’t disagree that the drop rate is painfully too low.

But you don’t get two ascended accessories in a month from bounties. At best case you get 2 commendations per week, thats only 8 per month. You would need 1.5 months per accessory, or 3 months to get both from that. Unless you have multiple guilds doing bounties, and that system still lets you get commendations from each guild.

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

I don’t disagree that the drop rate is painfully too low.

But you don’t get two ascended accessories in a month from bounties. At best case you get 2 commendations per week, thats only 8 per month. You would need 1.5 months per accessory, or 3 months to get both from that. Unless you have multiple guilds doing bounties, and that system still lets you get commendations from each guild.

Depends on the guild. Some should be getting 3 per week now and it should increase as more mission types are unlocked.

in Crafting

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

The point is that the apothecary set is ridiculously expensive to craft/buy. I think Anet really expected more consortium chests to sell and make up for the rare drop of flowers. I can’t think of any other reason that they would put in a recipe where the amount of flowers needed is so much higher than other exotic recipes.
They announced a boost in drop rate but the result has been miniscule. Combine that with the fact few players frequent Southsun and you have a real shortage.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Crafting

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

Either lower the required flowers to 1, or increase the drop rate by 10,000%, honestly. I cannot fathom why this hasn’t been addressed yet despite all the responses to this OBVIOUS problem. It’s April now. Can we PLEASE fix this?!

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

in Crafting

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

“Passiflora is a type of resource node exclusive to Southsun Cove. Unlike any other node, each character can only farm 15 Passiflora nodes per day.”

tried yesterday with four characters with black lion harvesting sickle and orichalcum sickles
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Harvesting_Sickle

on black lion sickles I got one flower from the whole map (you need 1.5 sickles to clear the map)
on orichalcum sickles I got average of 0.5 flowers from single run.

three black sickles used
total plants: 60 (15*4)
three flowers gathered.
~0.06 chance on black lion sickle
~0.03 chance on ori sickle