1-shotting Lupi...

1-shotting Lupi...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

make an “all welcome” post it usually fills with at least 1 necro. that is more than enough to scare off these unfun people who don’t bother complying with the lfg message. Alternatively, you can roll a necro yourself, even more fun when pugroulette in arah.

10 times out of 10 I’ve had a good experience when it comes to the option of group decisions in blowing up lupi. They sometimes ask “wall on wall lupi?” i immediately say “no” and that is that.

EU is different then. A very large amount of pugs just assume that they are going to 1shot him.

Also this is no solution tbh

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

The proper solution here is to make GL’s projectiles non-reflectable. That’ll stop this and make the fight more interesting in general.

Shouldn’t the proper solution be to make his projectiles actually originate from its hands?

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

The proper solution here is to make GL’s projectiles non-reflectable. That’ll stop this and make the fight more interesting in general.

Oh my GOD. Genius. This is absolutely PERFECT!
Hey, why don’t we completely remove reflects and absorptions from the game? I mean, it’s not like 2 (1 in particular) classes heavily rely on them. It’d only require an overhaul!

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Shouldn’t the proper solution be to make his projectiles actually originate from its hands?

Hmm, yeah can they originate from higher up to fix it?

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Would be nice if the wall behind lupi becomes untargetable by ground target abilities

1. Look on the ground
2. Use Feedback
3. …
4. Profit

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Maybe even make reflects do half damage – you have to admit, reflects are a bit overpowered, and should be more for defense than offense.

To be fair, it’s not that reflect skills are overpowered, it’s what they’re reflecting is overpowered. Lupi is throwing out enough damage in one AoE barrage to KO himself, so perhaps what needs to be nerfed is his damage output, which could probably be cut in half and still one-shot most players.

1-shotting Lupi...

Jerus.4350

Maybe even make reflects do half damage – you have to admit, reflects are a bit overpowered, and should be more for defense than offense.

To be fair, it’s not that reflect skills are overpowered, it’s what they’re reflecting is overpowered. Lupi is throwing out enough damage in one AoE barrage to KO himself, so perhaps what needs to be nerfed is his damage output, which could probably be cut in half and still one-shot most players.

The reflects are like 9-20k each iirc it’s just that there are a few dozen of them.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

I bought WoD yesterday, even pugging arah doesn´t make fun anymore. People are using this exploit way to often on EU servers.
Arah/fractals/hotw, are they only dungeons i do often at the moment.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

make an “all welcome” post it usually fills with at least 1 necro. that is more than enough to scare off these unfun people who don’t bother complying with the lfg message. Alternatively, you can roll a necro yourself, even more fun when pugroulette in arah.

10 times out of 10 I’ve had a good experience when it comes to the option of group decisions in blowing up lupi. They sometimes ask “wall on wall lupi?” i immediately say “no” and that is that.

EU is different then. A very large amount of pugs just assume that they are going to 1shot him.

Also this is no solution tbh

Yea I figured it might be a little different in EU. Didn’t offer it as a solution, just an alternative way to get you a fun fight.

Hey, why don’t we completely remove reflects and absorptions from the game? I mean, it’s not like 2 (1 in particular) classes heavily rely on them. It’d only require an overhaul!

We joke, but this is the easiest way Anet can change it. The only reason why they have not is because the crying lashback would be insane.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

1. enter pug party
2. see if there is mesmer/guard/engi
3. equip paralyzation sigil on lupi
4. wait for it
5. ???
6. profit!

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: ShadowRX.9024

ShadowRX.9024

Would be nice if the wall behind lupi becomes untargetable by ground target abilities

1. Look on the ground
2. Use Feedback
3. …
4. Profit

I guess but that means feedback is on ground not on top of the wall? If you can place feedback on top of the wall then when he is in the wall make him reset to middle so no more wall pushing.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

1. Look on the ground
2. Use Feedback
3. …
4. Profit

I guess but that means feedback is on ground not on top of the wall? If you can place feedback on top of the wall then when he is in the wall make him reset to middle so no more wall pushing.

You can. Sometimes Locust Swarms will spawn on top of the wall. It’s trivial to Feedback one of them. Temporal Curtain can also be used to 1-shot Lupi, just like WoR, it’s just that the placement is more difficult.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I prefer the idea of a ~20 projectile limit for all reflect skills. Allows them to stay very useful without them becoming as game breakingly powerful as with Lupicus. Also makes them less of “my whole party is now invincible” buttons in instances such as grawl shaman.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

My favorite idea is what they done to Deadeye Dunwell, one of his attack was extremely powerful when reflected at first, so they reduced the damage of it when reflected. I think every very powerful range attack should be reduced when reflected they done it already so it is doable.

This would require a dev to go over every bosses and ask himself, “is this too powerful when reflected?” which shouldn’t take too much time.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

My favorite idea is what they done to Deadeye Dunwell, one of his attack was extremely powerful when reflected at first, so they reduced the damage of it when reflected. I think every very powerful range attack should be reduced when reflected they done it already so it is doable.

This would require a dev to go over every bosses and ask himself, “is this too powerful when reflected?” which shouldn’t take too much time.

How about reflects not scaling with enemy power instead use the players power value? Oo

1-shotting Lupi...

Trice.4598

How about reflects not scaling with enemy power instead use the players power value? Oo

With 25 might and everything, the damage from an attack like lupicus would still make insane amount of damage.

1-shotting Lupi...

Jerus.4350

With 25 might and everything, the damage from an attack like lupicus would still make insane amount of damage.

I’m sure they could fudge some numbers to make it a low enough coefficient yes?

1-shotting Lupi...

frifox.5283

1. Look on the ground
2. Use Feedback
3. …
4. Profit

I meant that you can land a feedback on top of the wall, not on the ground, without anything targeted, even if you’re almost next to the wall. Just like landing a dragons tooth or comet on fire fields under you.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

One shotting is definitely annoying, especially seeing it in records. Lupi is one of the few dungeon bosses where coordination and dodging are actually necessary for a clean kill.

Also, someone mentioned capping the quantity of reflects and that sounds appealing to me, though preferably capping reflects from each individual source (perhaps in a time-frame) rather than collectively so it’s still usable in places like WvW or at dredge car in SE.

very special guild tag [tX]

1-shotting Lupi...

Trice.4598

I’m sure they could fudge some numbers to make it a low enough coefficient yes?

That’s actually what I meant, give reflected attack a low coefficient

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: ameziz.4291

ameziz.4291

whats the problem with oneshotting lupi? You choose to do it or not :s

1-shotting Lupi...

frifox.5283

If you assume lupi has 10k power then his skill coefficients are actually quite similar to our weapon skills. The main reason for reflects being so out of hand is because they scale off source power value and not mine. Make reflects scale with my power and they will be brought back to acceptable levels, even if you still would have uncapped reflect count and attempt bombing lupi.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

How does one use stun (and paralyzation sigil) to prevent the reflect?

(edited by rojak.1894)

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

OP’s post is uncomfortably similar to those posts that think stacking or skipping mobs is cheating/cheesy.

But in the end — just as with those posts — I do agree people should respect the conditions stated in a person’s LFG. Of course, there’s no such thing as party leader anymore so realistically, mob rules: you’re lucky they didn’t kick you!

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

How does one use stun (and paralyzation sigil) to prevent the reflect?

I haven’t tested it much myself, but it seems that paralyzation sigil allows you to stun/interrupt enemies that are normally completely immune to CC. Someone with more knowledge on the topic replying would be great

1-shotting Lupi...

Purple Miku.7032

OP’s post is uncomfortably similar to those posts that think stacking or skipping mobs is cheating/cheesy.

But in the end — just as with those posts — I do agree people should respect the conditions stated in a person’s LFG. Of course, there’s no such thing as party leader anymore so realistically, mob rules: you’re lucky they didn’t kick you!

I left on my own. I put that in my OP.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

If you assume lupi has 10k power then his skill coefficients are actually quite similar to our weapon skills. The main reason for reflects being so out of hand is because they scale off source power value and not mine. Make reflects scale with my power and they will be brought back to acceptable levels, even if you still would have uncapped reflect count and attempt bombing lupi.

Just curious, why would you assume that Lupi has extremely high power such as 10k as opposed to normal power levels and simply extremely high damage coefficients? Regardless I disagree with this method as it can make reflects extremely inconsistent damage wise if some mobs have high coefficients with low power and others have the opposite.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

1-shotting Lupi...

frifox.5283

Just curious, why would you assume that Lupi has extremely high power such as 10k as opposed to normal power levels and simply extremely high damage coefficients?

Mostly logic and common sense, with some math.

Knowing the dmg formula, reflect formula, my own stats, and Lupi’s armor, and then recording how hard frenzied blast hit about 50 times from my reflects, the only unknown variables left in the final formula were lupi’s power, frenzied blast coefficient, and his weapon strength. Then, knowing that majority of our weapon coefficients are round (ie 0.600 / 1.925 / 2.000 / 0.550 / 0.125 / 3.000 / etc) and are usually less than 3.000 I assumed frenzied blast coefficient must follow similar pattern. Then, seeing as pretty much all lupi’s attacks hit extremely hard and knowing how anet loves to copy-paste skills throughout the game it made sense to assume that lupi’s skill coefficients are low like every other coefficient and it’s the power that is inflated. After plugging in various coefficients I came across a combo that was awfully convenient – 1.850 for skill coefficient, 10,000 for power, and 1,000 for weapon strength (equal to most ascended weapons).

Having such round numbers made my math very easy in the long run. Of course, you can assume anything you want as long as the assumed multipliers actually fit the equation.

(edited by frifox.5283)

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

How many of you hate this crap as much as I do? I can’t stand it.

I never put any LFG requirements whenever I post anymore other than “no 1-shotting lupicus.” I still have to frequently remind people not to do it, and often times I’m responded with confusion.

Wtf? You don’t want to totally cheese the boss?

In my opinion it’s just as bad to do it as it is to skip Lupicus. People who do it don’t deserve the daily. People who do it on a regular basis are more than likely too terrible to kill him without it.

Ugh, I am sick of being paranoid and frantically trying to keep him immobilised for phase 1 just in case somebody pushes him to the wall and ignores what my LFG said. >_>

And I am disappointed that GWSCR validated this as a legitimate tactic, like… wtf.

It’s so obviously unintended to be able to instantly kill him when phase 2 begins. I don’t have a problem with reflects themselves, but I disagree with anybody that says it’s not exploiting. I get it, “clever use of game mechanics” and loopholes with the rules, but I don’t agree with it being a legitimate tactic. By my own personal definition of what cheating is, this definitely is a good example of it.

Feel the need to rant because even though I posted an LFG saying not to do it, some kittenlord guardian pug still blew him up the second phase 2 started. I am also apparently unethical for trying to kick him for it, and nobody else seconded my vote despite having gone out of my way to prevent it from happening. Lupi wasn’t aggroed on me, so I couldn’t prevent him from being pushed to the wall.

Rage. Quit.

/rant

I’m surprised that GWSCR calls at legit tactic when Snowcrash (anet dev) Has said that it’s an exploit when I showed him brazil’s vid of it :/ Like seriously wtf? It has been what a month+ and they still haven’t fixed it? I know it’s not an easy fix but come on! Pugs ruin everything. Hell I run zerker ele in arah to make sure I can keep lupi off wall.

The Sickest Guild NA

(edited by Embrace The Bold.7619)

1-shotting Lupi...

Purple Miku.7032

Have proof of that by any chance?

By the way it’s been wayyyy longer than a month. This has been possible to do since Arah first came out it’s just that it wasn’t discovered until sometime late this summer.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

run pistol off hand on thief, put paralysation sigil on it and use headshot when lupi is about to aoe.

You can thank me later.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

How many of you hate this crap as much as I do? I can’t stand it.

I never put any LFG requirements whenever I post anymore other than “no 1-shotting lupicus.” I still have to frequently remind people not to do it, and often times I’m responded with confusion.

Wtf? You don’t want to totally cheese the boss?

In my opinion it’s just as bad to do it as it is to skip Lupicus. People who do it don’t deserve the daily. People who do it on a regular basis are more than likely too terrible to kill him without it.

Ugh, I am sick of being paranoid and frantically trying to keep him immobilised for phase 1 just in case somebody pushes him to the wall and ignores what my LFG said. >_>

And I am disappointed that GWSCR validated this as a legitimate tactic, like… wtf.

It’s so obviously unintended to be able to instantly kill him when phase 2 begins. I don’t have a problem with reflects themselves, but I disagree with anybody that says it’s not exploiting. I get it, “clever use of game mechanics” and loopholes with the rules, but I don’t agree with it being a legitimate tactic. By my own personal definition of what cheating is, this definitely is a good example of it.

Feel the need to rant because even though I posted an LFG saying not to do it, some kittenlord guardian pug still blew him up the second phase 2 started. I am also apparently unethical for trying to kick him for it, and nobody else seconded my vote despite having gone out of my way to prevent it from happening. Lupi wasn’t aggroed on me, so I couldn’t prevent him from being pushed to the wall.

Rage. Quit.

/rant

I’m surprised that GWSCR calls at legit tactic when Snowcrash (anet dev) Has said that it’s an exploit when I showed him brazil’s vid of it :/ Like seriously wtf? It has been what a month+ and they still haven’t fixed it? I know it’s not an easy fix but come on! Pugs ruin everything. Hell I run zerker ele in arah to make sure I can keep lupi off wall.

Its not the first time an anet employee has been ignorant of what constitutes an exploit. Some of them are just as casual and stubborn as the ones we do noble battles against every day on these harsh forums.

(edited by spoj.9672)

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

run pistol off hand on thief, put paralysation sigil on it and use headshot when lupi is about to aoe.

You can thank me later.

Wait, the Sigil works on Dazes too? Interesting…

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

You can thank me later.

Nerfed in 3… 2… 1…

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

1-shotting Lupi...

spoj.9672

Lol the secret is out. Surprised that one has been kept quiet for so long tbh.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

oo I noticed lupi had defiant stacks once when I accidentally headshot with my pistol with the sigil lol but I didnt know lupi could be interrupted. You could only do this the first time or does it work even after stripping defiance?

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Actually i find the 1 shotting mechanic more fun. The wall trick just help put the reflect on lupi face, aka, where the source of the damage is going. I see there the whole point of having reflect on the game, minus the quantity of damage.
Back on topic, i generally ask how they wanna do and i dont mind the way, as long its meleeing.
I don’t think this need a solution, but if it were to be one reducing the quantity of AOE circles would prolly still damage him, the point of using good reflects, but not enought to skips phases or 1 shot.
I just don’t want they to “Malrona” his kitten up.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You can thank me later.

4 seconds later when he uses it again and wipes half of the group?

Lol the secret is out. Surprised that one has been kept quiet for so long tbh.

It has been public on gw2dungeons quite a long time already.

But yeah, they better fix it fast to prevent interrupts breaking the whole game.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Hey, why don’t we exercise hyperbole in response to everything? I mean, it’s not like removing reflects from one particular boss fight completely removes them from the game. We could always save dev’ time and give the boss a complete overhaul!

But seriously, the GL fight would be a lot more dynamic if you didn’t burst through entire phases with reflects. Spin it however you want, but I don’t think nerfing reflects across the entire game is the way to go. Just change one encounter and voillah.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

You can thank me later.

Nerfed in 3… 2… 1…

RIP in peace.

1-shotting Lupi...

dlonie.6547

Hey, why don’t we exercise hyperbole in response to everything? I mean, it’s not like removing reflects from one particular boss fight completely removes them from the game. We could always save dev’ time and give the boss a complete overhaul!

But seriously, the GL fight would be a lot more dynamic if you didn’t burst through entire phases with reflects. Spin it however you want, but I don’t think nerfing reflects across the entire game is the way to go. Just change one encounter and voillah.

I’m pretty sure deSade thought you were being sarcastic when you said that, hence the also jokingly sarcastic reaction Suggesting that they remove reflects from Lupi has been a running gag since this technique became public.

Doing so would be awful, because when ArenaNet makes projectiles unreflectable, they also make them unblockable, meaning things like warrior offhand sword, guardian focus shield, etc won’t work, either — just like Malrona.

Though now I’m curious whether every class would have enough evades to get through Lupi without using block skills. Anyone want to make a video series?

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Though now I’m curious whether every class would have enough evades to get through Lupi without using block skills. Anyone want to make a video series?

Necromancers say hi.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Thieves say hi.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

1-shotting Lupi...

dlonie.6547

Yeah, I just came back to edit that out, but you guys saw it already :P

It didn’t make sense.

1-shotting Lupi...

oxtred.7658

Well if you main guardian like me it makes sense for yourself. Just imagine a lupi guard solo without any block. (inb4 someone links a video)

1-shotting Lupi...

spoj.9672

I wouldnt favour it on a guard with no blocks. Less base hp than a necro and no DS. Necro can atleast sponge some projectiles.

The projectile RNG trolling would be hell.

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Well if you main guardian like me it makes sense for yourself. Just imagine a lupi guard solo without any block. (inb4 someone links a video)

This is not possible, Virtue of Courage provide one aegis every 40s afaik.

1-shotting Lupi...

Purple Miku.7032

Actually i find the 1 shotting mechanic more fun. The wall trick just help put the reflect on lupi face, aka, where the source of the damage is going. I see there the whole point of having reflect on the game, minus the quantity of damage. .

So it’s more fun to do the least threatening phase, then just skip the other two by the press of a single keybind? I disagree. Killing Lupicus the second he does that AoE has always been possible out in the open too, but only with a very coordinated + well-equipped group unloading all of their DPS under the feedback provided by a mesmer and it requires very good RNG too. There’s a distinct difference between this and what the topic of this thread is. Either way, I don’t find either scenario any more fun than fighting him traditionally.

Reflection is intended to be used both as an offensive and defensive utility in combat, this is obvious. Being able to kill a boss instantly the second it performs a particular attack in phase 2 is obviously sketchy and unintended. Preventing this from happening wouldn’t remove the whole point of having reflect in the game, lol.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

1-shotting Lupi...

oxtred.7658

Well, only using virtue passive and no shelter/focus 5/ retreat/wor would already be quite impressive.
edit cause flood control:
Miku, I feel like coordinated reflects like you see in organised groups where a non targeted wor still oneshot lupi requires coordination. The thing is, now, every pug can do it. Reflects used with proper vuln/fury/ lh should still have devastating effects imo. What’s wrong is a random ah pug getting confident about his skill because he managed to put a wall on another wall.

BTW: I found the wall trick a while ago, iirc it was after the removal of the spiders p2 wp, but it was probably there before.

(edited by oxtred.7658)

1-shotting Lupi...

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

You can thank me later.

4 seconds later when he uses it again and wipes half of the group?

If thats the case then worth.