4 Warriors and Mesmer GEARCHECK

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Six silver and a weapon that is now useless outside of CoF. So really, it’s the price of a whole new weapon, which is kind of counter productive if you’re not an ‘8 hour a day kitten $$$ farmer’.

Is it weird that i have multiple weapons with different slaying sigils on them just to be 10% better in dungeons? They dont really cost much if you run CoF/CoE alot.. so i find them worth it

But would you really want a greatsword with each of those or just 1 greatsword with night?

My main GS has night, but i have another with force and then another with bandit/undead slaying. Just so im ready for most situations… although i rarely use GS.. so doesn’t really matter to me.

Just saying colesy’s 2x smothering 1x night isn’t exactly a good suggestion for 3 sigils between a 2hander and 2 1handers.

Depends how much you care about min/max. Although i do think 2xnight 1xsmothering is better since.. night more flexible. So you are correct there.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

Six silver.

It is not going to kill someone to pay six silver. Smothering + accuracy is fine if you don’t want to pay for a night sigil, but smothering is the least I expect from a COF farmer, not freaking sigils of rage, sigils of battle or sigils of nullification.

Having night + smothering up is a whole 20%+ damage so that’s why I make a big deal about it.

“So that’s why I make a big deal about it.”
In other words, I’m guessing you’re one of those people who post those absurd requests which go something like “MUST HAVE SIGILS OR KICK” and “MUST HAVE CORRECT GEAR OR KICK”.
In my personal opinion, asking for all these are a bit overkill, and for what? Just to shave off a couple of minutes? I understand farming is farming, but requirements that strict make people unhappy
Correct me if I am wrong.

Delay.6908

Six silver.

It is not going to kill someone to pay six silver. Smothering + accuracy is fine if you don’t want to pay for a night sigil, but smothering is the least I expect from a COF farmer, not freaking sigils of rage, sigils of battle or sigils of nullification.

Having night + smothering up is a whole 20%+ damage so that’s why I make a big deal about it.

In other words, I’m guessing you’re one of those people who post those absurd requests which go something like “MUST HAVE SIGILS OR KICK” and “MUST HAVE CORRECT GEAR OR KICK”.
In my personal opinion, asking for all these are a bit overkill, and for what? Just to shave off a couple of minutes? I understand farming is farming, but requirements that strict make people unhappy

People do it since shaving off even 1 minute in a 1-2 hour session is effectively 1-2 more runs.. so about 1+ gold more! Its why people are so specific about class/build/sigil/whatever else farmers want.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

SeNoZinD.9874

Six silver.

People do it since shaving off even 1 minute in a 1-2 hour session is effectively 1-2 more runs.. so about 1+ gold more! Its why people are so specific about class/build/sigil/whatever else farmers want.

I see your point. But it seems unfair that people who don’t have them aren’t even given a chance.

Delay.6908

Six silver.

I see your point. But it seems unfair that people who don’t have them aren’t even given a chance.

Normaly those groups say exactly what they want in the LFG description.. so dont join a group like that or form your own. it takes 30sec tops to form a “all classes welcome group”

Dr Winston | [DnT]

SeNoZinD.9874

Six silver.

Normaly those groups say exactly what they want in the LFG description.. so dont join a group like that or form your own. it takes 30sec tops to form a “all classes welcome group”

Once again, I see your point. I really shouldn’t ramble on considering I have a zerker warrior too XD
Still, requirements like those are filling up the lfg.

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Eh.
You say that like adding 5% damage kills something 5% faster, and runs weren’t already naturally variable to the tune of whole minutes. Stuff like that just seems to be more about hypothetical good luck charms than having anything to do with practical application.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

ugh it’s sooooo difficult to find a non warr/mes party

http://youtu.be/1nCWHb8JamU

[thanks neigeux!]

My reaction to this video

Attachments:

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Six silver and a weapon that is now useless outside of CoF. So really, it’s the price of a whole new weapon, which is kind of counter productive if you’re not an ‘8 hour a day kitten $$$ farmer’.

Is it weird that i have multiple weapons with different slaying sigils on them just to be 10% better in dungeons? They dont really cost much if you run CoF/CoE alot.. so i find them worth it

But would you really want a greatsword with each of those or just 1 greatsword with night?

My main GS has night, but i have another with force and then another with bandit/undead slaying. Just so im ready for most situations… although i rarely use GS.. so doesn’t really matter to me.

Just saying colesy’s 2x smothering 1x night isn’t exactly a good suggestion for 3 sigils between a 2hander and 2 1handers.

Depends how much you care about min/max. Although i do think 2xnight 1xsmothering is better since.. night more flexible. So you are correct there.

Well ideally I would want 2x night and 1x smothering but people don’t seem to want to pay for sigils they can make up for in like 18 minutes of CoF.

To everyone else, when I started letting people in with lower quality sigils (because there’s only so many times I can kick people before I just want to get in and get gold), we ended up getting having effigy kills noticeably slower than in a proper group, and there was one scrub who kept using the wrong banner.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I’m not gonna lie, improper banner use drives me mental. Even when I’m not in a speed group and I see someone drop Banner of Defence, or if someone doubles up on a certain banner because they can’t read the kittening party chat. And just the general lack of Banner skill, simple stuff like where to drop it, and not seeing them use one throughout an entire encounter. Half the time I just engage buff-bot mode and roll with Banner of Strength, Discipline and For Great Justice, because other people just cannot banner properly…. And then I get mad cause I can’t carry the other one.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

….
And this discrimination is easily remedied if you just roll a warrior or mesmer.
….

Totally putting this in my signature, and quoting you.

Unless you are serious? Wait… this is a troll, right?

If you want to play basketball at the gym and it says “ATHLETIC SHOES REQUIRED” then you put on the your kittening sneakers and go play, you don’t post a million posts in the forums whining about how they won’t let you on the court in sandals

So if you’re designing a recreational facility for your clients and 75% of them only wear sandals, you create a gym that requires sneakers? Or wait, did I miss something and it says at character creation for any non-warrior, non-mesmer class: “NOT ALLOWED IN DUNGEONS”.

Delay.6908

….
And this discrimination is easily remedied if you just roll a warrior or mesmer.
….

If you want to play basketball at the gym and it says “ATHLETIC SHOES REQUIRED” then you put on the your kittening sneakers and go play, you don’t post a million posts in the forums whining about how they won’t let you on the court in sandals

So if you’re designing a recreational facility for your clients and 75% of them only wear sandals, you create a gym that requires sneakers? Or wait, did I miss something and it says at character creation for any non-warrior, non-mesmer class: “NOT ALLOWED IN DUNGEONS”.

Mesmer is not that good outside of CoF. Id rather bring a dps guard…

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

….
….

He’s not implying that the rules of the dungeon are warrior/mesmer only, it’s simply the rules of the party that the player is trying to join. Even if 75% of them wear sandals, they clearly aren’t going to be balling very hard in them so it’s better to just play with the 25% who wear sneakers and actually care about their game.

[DnT]

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Syn Sity’s got it.

The dungeons aren’t the gym, my party is the gym.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Pwnzor.5682

Pwnzor.5682

its hard to find a normal funn party.. the gold rushers, 4wars 1 mesmer runs are just messing it up for the regular player the ones whe onley there profi (non war or mesmer) those are just left behind. i do lfg, then ow no a thief kick from party only need warriors…kitteni hate warrior classe and mesmer so never gone make one, i just love my thief and my ele.

Delay.6908

its hard to find a normal funn party.. the gold rushers, 4wars 1 mesmer runs are just messing it up for the regular player the ones whe onley there profi (non war or mesmer) those are just left behind. i do lfg, then ow no a thief kick from party only need warriors…kitteni hate warrior classe and mesmer so never gone make one, i just love my thief and my ele.

Just find a all class group or make your own group.. its takes literally less then 30sec to fill a “all classes welcome” group, stop complaining about an issue which doesn’t even exist….

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Pwnzor.5682

Pwnzor.5682

Just find a all class group or make your own group.. its takes literally less then 30sec to fill a “all classes welcome” group, stop complaining about an issue which doesn’t even exist….

doesnt exist? got kicked 10times in a row… people who ask for LF2M cof p1. “oh no not a warrior” BAM, kick. when i make an lfg no one is comming i’m still waiting on a party :o

Delay.6908

doesnt exist? got kicked 10times in a row… people who ask for LF2M cof p1. “oh no not a warrior” BAM, kick. when i make an lfg no one is comming i’m still waiting on a party :o

The video is literally in this thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nCWHb8JamU&feature=youtu.be

Wow that took a long time and was super hard to do, only warriors can run CoF! /s

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Broadicea.8294

Color me unsurprised that “Pwnzor” doesn’t read the very thread he’s posting in.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Im all for gear checks in cof. But being that picky about sigils i think is pointless when pugging. Pugs are usually unskilled as it is and most of cof is running. Even if i dont have the best sigils i speed up the group because i actually use sword warhorn and charge to get to the acolytes faster. Never seen any pugs do that or even use warhorn on the npcs unless i tell them to when im the mesmer. You have a right to be that picky i guess. But it must quite difficult to find a full group for you outside of friends.

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

4 wars and 1 mesmer can fail pretty badly to

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Broadicea.8294

It’s true, and I’m a big defender of CoF farms and being picky. PUGs are kitten at running it. It’d be great to survey and see how many groups actually get 4 runs per omnom. I’d doubt any more than 30%.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

It is actually quite hard, hence why after making two groups of pugs I’ve basically given up and will just stick to the guys on my contacts.

It seriously baffles me why people can’t use the right gear for COF when I clearly state experienced only and gear checks (I.E. THE RIGHT GEAR)

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I feel like we need to go back to the gym example.

IF YOU CAN DODGE A BACKSTAB YOU CAN DODGE A BALL!

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I you can dodge oncoming magic find leechers, you can dodge a bad party!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard.
Look at the bottom of this post.

P.S. Someone else to bash him? It’s funny.