Abusive party kick

Abusive party kick

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Delius.1968

Delius.1968

Hi all,

I was doing fractal 32 just minutes ago and at the last fractal we got the Volcanic one and we weren’t able to finish the end boss (the shaman). At this point out of the blue the party lead and one more kicked me (I’m a D/D ele and we were pretty mixed: Me, R, G, W).

The party kept going without me and got someone else instead as I couldn’t rejoin. The party lead mentioned “he’s sorry – he didn’t kick me and they already failed and getting out” – but he was obviously lying as I saw his status was still inside the fractals.

I think they failed in the end with the replacement as well – given the time I saw them listed inside the fractals after I was kicked… but this is some horrible behavior and made me feel really crappy.

Can I in any way report abusive kicks? I did my fare share all the way to that last boss of the last fractal and was helping with D/F projectile protection at the boss as well. I feel really let down atm and not sure I should ever party with people I don’t know… but then I won’t have anyone to do fractals with(

Thanks.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

I’m sorry this happened to you, people like that make the social aspects of this game so unappealing. Perhaps in the future make sure to add people you group with to your friends list so that they are always a short click away from the report button. It’s kind okittenward to add someone if you don’t really know them, but it’s the only way to keep them from “running.”

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

As long as the 2 vote kick system is in place, this kind of ting will continue. It is absolutely deplorable, especially the grief kicking, when they boot folks right at the last boss of the entire run. This is exactly why I only run with the guild. I can’t stand most pugs, not to say they are all bad, it’s just there is always that one player…

Abusive party kick

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

Really? The forum kittened “a w kward?”

Abusive party kick

Delius.1968

Thanks for the understanding!

I know their usernames, but even if I wanted to report them… this doesn’t seem to be a reason. I’d like to report this behavior tbh but don’t know how / where.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

Really? The forum kittened “a w kward?”

yes, because you didn’t add the space between “of” and “awkward”. so it ends up censoring the wordplay of a swear word. NOTE: even putting the space between the words, is still censored, oh wells.

they should make it 3 votes, i would pray for 4 votes, so that if running with a friend +3, you still have a chance of staying. otherwise, 3 player vote will boot you and your friend.

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

Abusive party kick

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

This kind of behavior is rather rare and probably wont happen the next +30 pug runs i only ever had it once but its nothing you can do about it other than report just try to be useful to the party really.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Mars.6319

Mars.6319

Being kicked out of a group isn’t reportable. ANet isn’t going to punish anyone for not wanting to play with you even if you had played with them up until they no longer wanted to play with you. The way that you should deal with these people is to add them to your block list so you don’t make the mistake of grouping with them ever again.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

You can report it, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up about anything being done about it.

I hate people that do this, something should really be done to prevent this behavior. It’s probably on ANet’s ever growing list of things they get to eventually.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I really hope they fix this in the next major patch This has been a known issue since release. They’ve had over 6 months to fix this issue, so it’s pretty safe to assume the fix for it should finally be appearing within the next month or so.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

Whenever I meet a good pug player, I’ll add them to my friend list. That’s one way to prevent abusive party kicking.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

I have a more interesting story.
A few hours ago we were fighting the last boss in Colossus fract, my phone rang and I placed my char safely behind a rock then went to answer (it was like 2 seconds).
Turns out the whole team was wiped because they were jumping inside the boss in an attempt to bug him and get the “free” hammer; I got told that it’s disrespectful to players that I answered phone and didn’t help them to bug the boss.
I was not kicked just because I was the one doing the healing (without that they would have died terribly 2 fracts earlier), but there was an attempt.

Let alone leavers… I wish there was a penalty for leaving, in most games there is.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I too am very sorry you had to deal with that.

This is one of the many reasons many like me were so against having this type of system in the game where dungeons were the focus of everything including loot, gear, currency. It breeds a poor community. WoW was particularly bad about this throughout it’s entire lifetime (still is according to friends who still play). Even when they added the LFG cross server system to form groups it became even worse because since people would more likely be added from other servers you’d never see the ninjas or bad attitudes again after being kicked.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Abusive party kick

Delius.1968

Being kicked out of a group isn’t reportable. ANet isn’t going to punish anyone for not wanting to play with you even if you had played with them up until they no longer wanted to play with you.

That would be fair, I’d say. In this case however, because we kept failing the G and the W in the party got on TS (that I couldn’t join). I was usually the last to go down actually, between the ele focus air 4 and earth 4 + 5, but anyway.

After many tries the Guardian (party lead) says in chat: “ty all for wasting my time” and kicks me out of the blue with the W seconding so fast that the other 2 party members didn’t even realize what happened.

At least to my consolation, even after the heavies kicked “the ele” and replaced me, they still couldn’t get past the shaman.

But really there is no way I can do anything about it and this could become common practice and I have no defense (I am pretty sure that guy that was the party lead will do it again with the next occasion). And that is the problem here:
– I can’t report them,
– two players (minority out of party of 5) privately chatting can do this any time,
– once a kick is being proposed – there is no way to say no, or cancel it. the only thing a user can do to make that popup go away is approve the kick. it’s like the game is asking for someone to second. if I oppose the kick, I can’t dismiss it. I think that’s poor UX design, tbh.

I am really let down that this can happen in a game I enjoy so much otherwise.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

It is too common I’m afraid. But you are doing yours in making posts like this, so Anet can consider making it a 3/5 kick rather than 2/5.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

I have a more interesting story.
A few hours ago we were fighting the last boss in Colossus fract, my phone rang and I placed my char safely behind a rock then went to answer (it was like 2 seconds).
Turns out the whole team was wiped because they were jumping inside the boss in an attempt to bug him and get the “free” hammer; I got told that it’s disrespectful to players that I answered phone and didn’t help them to bug the boss.
I was not kicked just because I was the one doing the healing (without that they would have died terribly 2 fracts earlier), but there was an attempt.

Let alone leavers… I wish there was a penalty for leaving, in most games there is.

Did… you tell them you were gonna be gone.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

This is why I prefer to start the instance on long dungeon runs. They really gotta fix this soon though.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

This is why I don’t ever pug unless I can’t avoid it. Fractals = guildies + teamspeak. Reliable, fun, easy communication.

I’d still report the guys, let Arenanet decide if this is unacceptable according to their terms. If the same person gets reported for this behaviour over and over again, by many persons, I’d guess some action is taken?

It sucks the current kicking system is so prone to abuse though. I’ve read other posts about people getting kicked at jade maw so guildies of the party leader can join and get their daily reward chest. Arenanet has already reacted that they’re looking into methods of discouraging this unwanted behaviour. Let’s hope they come up with something good!

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Purplelama.8526

Purplelama.8526

ok… just the Facts
- Frac Level 32
- Volcanic, last Boss
- D/D Ele

Something seems very wrong to me, having done 250 Fractals and being an Ele at reward level31 myself. But that may be just my point of view…

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I guess I’m just lucky. I’ve never been in a group that kicked during a fractal unless the person was like lvl 1 with no AR in a level 38 fractal.

I’ve had groups that I have left before we started (Guardian who was trying to tell the others how things were going to go. Annoying as all kitten and not even in the dungeon yet…)

But I’ve never kicked or been kicked during a dungeon.

But yeah. The 2 person required for kick is…..not well thought out.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Abusive party kick

Delius.1968

ok… just the Facts
- Frac Level 32
- Volcanic, last Boss
- D/D Ele

Something seems very wrong to me, having done 250 Fractals and being an Ele at reward level31 myself. But that may be just my point of view…

Discover D/F, I was not D/Ding the end boss though you definitively can. And btw I D/Ded all the way to level 32 and also have as many fractal runs. There is nothing wrong with D/D.

PS: Even so, they could have asked to switch to staff – which I run as well. They didn’t. They stealthy kicked me and then when chatted with him I got: “sry it sucks -.-” – to quote.

(edited by Delius.1968)

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

ok… just the Facts
- Frac Level 32
- Volcanic, last Boss
- D/D Ele

Discover D/F, I was not D/Ding the end boss though you definitively can. And btw I D/Ded all the way to level 32 and also have as many fractal runs. There is nothing wrong with D/D.

PS: Even so, they could have asked to switch to staff – which I run as well. They didn’t. They stealthy kicked me and then when chatted with him I got: “sry it sucks -.-” – to quote.

In your PS, counter suggestion, you’re thinking that the staff would have helped. It is ultimately your class to know and equip through initiative. You simply can’t expect a person playing another class to do the thinking for you or assume they know your class.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

imo bad players deserve to be kicked
we want to hear the other side of the story !

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Direngrey.8376

Direngrey.8376

Hate to say it but technically it is their group, their rules, it is griefing no doubt, and I suppose can fit under the “Scamming” because they scammed you of your loot at the end and scammed you of your trust. But as the others said, as long as there is a 2/5 vote idk if there is anything you can do about it, I wish it worked like court, once person sends the vote out and the rest can have an option to say no.

And again as others said, you might want to look into a trust worthy guild that runs dungeons, my guild Indigo Plateau [IP] are filled with amazing people, we were 400 strong but as people switched servers we lowered down to about 200.

Abusive party kick

Delius.1968

The other part of the story is that they couldn’t complete even after they replaced me. And I have done the exact same boss / fractal the day before on level 30.

Also I have helped the team a lot as they were failing at the boss before – being unable to CC the veterans before they killed the humans. We failed there 4 times, I switched to staff and we barely made it with all my CC – their DPS was really bad. Same, I am not sure they would’ve completed the previous fractal without my ranged staff at the harpies JPs.

So as you can see I was switching (and I always am) weapons constantly.

I am sorry you find any of this justifiable. And even if they had complained – which they never had – and given the elitism around I am not sure you’d kick the ele and keep the ranger.

Anyways – I didn’t want to start a class discussion. It just seems wrong to me to treat other players like this, and the reality is that some players out there will do it and there is nothing one can do to defend against it.

Thanks for the support, in the end I just won’t be joining groups I don’t know all the members prior to it. I had great times pugging so far, and it’s too bad this can happen.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Make a guardian and you probaly wouldn’t of been kicked

Abusive party kick

Posted by: BossFi.6917

BossFi.6917

I joined a fractal group and got to the last fractal boss. I then got kicked because I told the party leader,who was giving the orders, that his way was too slow and should do it another way. I then got kicked.

At this point I normally add players to my block list so I dont party with them again but because the party chat history is no longer visible when you leave a party I couldnt do anything about it as I couldnt remember player names.

We need party chat history to stay visible after you have been kicked/left a party!

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

There’s nothing wrong with my max range shortbow/longbow ranger dps. I’m the last one alive everytime because I have low toughness and never grab aggro. That means I’m better than the rest of the party cause they die before I do. I never got shot with the arrow till rest of my party died. It’s perfectly fine I provide hardly any utility for my party as long as we can clear it. I shouldn’t of gotten kicked even though I contribute less than 20% of my party slot value. Shame on them for not carrying me.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Hi all,

I was doing fractal 32 just minutes ago and at the last fractal we got the Volcanic one and we weren’t able to finish the end boss (the shaman). At this point out of the blue the party lead and one more kicked me (I’m a D/D ele and we were pretty mixed: Me, R, G, W).

The party kept going without me and got someone else instead as I couldn’t rejoin. The party lead mentioned “he’s sorry – he didn’t kick me and they already failed and getting out” – but he was obviously lying as I saw his status was still inside the fractals.

I think they failed in the end with the replacement as well – given the time I saw them listed inside the fractals after I was kicked… but this is some horrible behavior and made me feel really crappy.

Can I in any way report abusive kicks? I did my fare share all the way to that last boss of the last fractal and was helping with D/F projectile protection at the boss as well. I feel really let down atm and not sure I should ever party with people I don’t know… but then I won’t have anyone to do fractals with(

Thanks.

This isn’t an abusive kick. You obviously couldn’t cut it so they looked for someone else. It was either continue with you and keep failing or get someone else and have a chance. They were trying to be nice and told you a comforting lie most likely.

A real abuse kick would be kicking towards the end while the team is succeeding so their friends can get reward.

Abusive party kick

Delius.1968

There’s nothing wrong with my max range shortbow/longbow ranger dps..

Not sure what you’re on about. It’s not about rangers. And don’t want to get into class elitism, my point is that even that is not a reason to kick anyone at the end. Just don’t party with them from the start.

This isn’t an abusive kick. You obviously couldn’t cut it so they looked for someone else.

Yes, it’s my fault, somehow. It’s that it?
If it were they would’ve complained before wouldn’t they? At least said something at some point. They just randomly kicked some light armor player.

I think I’ve made my point, I won’t argue about my proficiency as a player. That’s not a tangible discussion point in this thread and you’re free to assume that I am just here to whine if that’s how you see it.

I’ll take a break now from the forum too, what was done was done and if there is anything that needs to change or this is how things are meant to be – it’s not my call really.

Abusive party kick

DeathPanel.8362

This isn’t an abusive kick. You obviously couldn’t cut it so they looked for someone else.

Yes, it’s my fault, somehow. It’s that it?
If it were they would’ve complained before wouldn’t they? At least said something at some point. They just randomly kicked some light armor player.

Yes, that would be the logical conclusion based on what you said.

If you were doing well and the team was still failing it stands to reason someone else was the weakest link, yet they specifically removed you “somehow”.

Obviously your improbable scenario is still possible to some degree but any reasonable person from the outside looking at your story would doubt your version of events.

Abusive party kick

Delius.1968

If you were doing well and the team was still failing it stands to reason someone else was the weakest link, yet they specifically removed you “somehow”.

That’s exactly how it went. The team wasn’t doing well. They replaced me and still failed and they had to give up in the end. Which at least made me some justice. But hey, thanks for the trust.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

That’s exactly how it went. The team wasn’t doing well. They replaced me and still failed and they had to give up in the end. Which at least made me some justice. But hey, thanks for the trust.

How do you know they failed anyways? (Despite them taking a long time to get out of Fotm). You obviously didn’t get the point of my previous post.

Abusive party kick

Delius.1968

They got out of fractals shortly after to LA – didn’t take long at all (clearly not enough for the daily). And the other two members that had nothing to do with all of it as they didn’t even have time to see the kick proposal told me as well.

Edit
About your R post and claim. You must know how a D/D ele plays. Do you really think I would’ve gotten to fractal 32 without knowing how to dodge and always be mobile – carried by pugs?
D/D eles have to do what that fractal end boss requires in most fights (or else fail miserably): be mobile, don’t stay put (you get burning etc), dodging is a required part of the build to combo or heal, etc. I don’t like staff for that very reason, takes ages to cast MS and at this boss you’re probably dead by the end of it if the team doesn’t cater for you. It’s not because I am not getting targeted that I had better survability, imho. Anyway not sure what I am trying to argue anymore. I should take that break I promised earlier.

Thank all and see you in game and use your kicking powers wisely.

(edited by Delius.1968)

Abusive party kick

Posted by: fotz.3697

fotz.3697

I just got kicked after killing maw on lvl 14 daily. Hour long run because people don’t know how to play. Made one joke about leroying a pot of burning oil. Got called “rude” by 2 people in the party, tried to defuse the situation, kicked two fractals later.

The issue is 2/5 vote kick. That is literally the most insane thing I’ve ever heard. It needs to be AT LEAST 3/5. This isn’t something Anet needs to “consider” its something they need to fix.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Qid.1937

Qid.1937

Hi all,

Thanks.

Yay democracy? Obviously people didn’t want you there.

BG Mrplow – Highly rated since 1987.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

It’s sad that you have to, but take a screenshot of each person’s name before you start. I always do that if I notice it’s a guild group, and even if not, just for the “insurance”.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Nnekk.5806

Nnekk.5806

Hi all,

Thanks.

Yay democracy? Obviously people didn’t want you there.

2/5 is NOT a Democracy. Too much room for abuse.

Yak’s Bend

Abusive party kick

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Yes, the system is terribly flawed.

Make it 3/5 already, ANet.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Serkev.5736

Serkev.5736

I’m so sick of people kicking me at the final boss, especially when i ran through the entire dungeon with them.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

If this happens often, perhaps it is something you are doing to tick them off.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Abusive party kick

Serkev.5736

yes i did kitten 1 out of 4 guys off but does that warrant a kick especially after running the entire dungeon with them. the kick system clearly needs to be fixed it should require 4 votes instead of 1 and after a certain point in the dungeon kicking should not be possible at all. you know i’m right

(edited by Serkev.5736)

Abusive party kick

DeathPanel.8362

yes i did kitten 1 out of 4 guys off but does that warrant a kick especially after running the entire dungeon with them. the kick system clearly needs to be fixed it should require 4 votes instead of 1 and after a certain point in the dungeon kicking should not be possible at all. you know i’m right

The moral of the story is treat teammates with respect and this will most likely not happen.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Maestro.5376

Maestro.5376

The moral of the story is treat teammates with respect and this will most likely not happen.

If even 2 people in the group are “together” (whether part of the same Guild, on each others’ friends list, etc) you have the potential to be kicked at the final boss to let their other friend/guildmate/etc. join and reap the benefits of killing the final boss. This is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Abusive party kick

Serkev.5736

you’re probably one of those that abuses the kick system

Abusive party kick

Serkev.5736

If even 2 people in the group are “together” (whether part of the same Guild, on each others’ friends list, etc) you have the potential to be kicked at the final boss to let their other friend/guildmate/etc. join and reap the benefits of killing the final boss. This is an issue that needs to be addressed.

exactly and i think the solution i gave should fix much of the problem

Abusive party kick

Posted by: Romer.1034

Romer.1034

I’m so sick of people kicking me at the final boss, especially when i ran through the entire dungeon with them.

Either you’re really unlucky or you’re doing something to tick people off. Can’t say this has ever happened to me.

But I agree, 2 people is to few. But I think 4 is to many. 3 would work.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

leave it alone rob. you can clearly see from most posts about multiple kicks the one complaining is an kitten in the group.

Abusive party kick

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

If you carefully analyze the problem you’ll see the best solution
- Party split along instance duplication.

What does this mean?
That if the party kicks you out, instead getting out of the dungeon altogether, you end up in an exact copy of the instance (events, defeated enemies corpses in the ground that have drops for you, etc) without those who kicked you in it.

Then, you’ll have to find people on your own.

But this would require a few things:
- The ability to duplicate instances, events, enemies, corpses drops assigned and all.
- The ability to split parties and send part of them to another instance.
- A region-wide cross-map universal party search, so you can recruit more people while you are stuck inside the dungeon alone after being kicked for whatever reason, or at least keeping your instance saved while you are outside so you can leave and make a party to fisnish.
- And ,very importantly, scale rewards based on dungeon participation: The more events and fights with enemy parties you are involved in, the more rewards you get at the end. This would be to prevent people from reaching the end boss, splitting and then selling 5+4 empty slots for the last boss. You’ll be able to do that, but those who where in the dungeon from the start would still get more rewards, and a quick boss fight would just give a kick small reward. Additionally, achievements could require you to do at least 66% of the dungeon, including the end.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Abusive party kick

Serkev.5736

I’m clearly too blind to see the problem.

Irregardless of my complaining the kick needs a fix, end of story.