And again kicked from my own solo run...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: kBoom.3748

kBoom.3748

New slogan:
Arena-Net, supporting ….. since 2000.
feel fry to fill in the appropriate word!

In case u are wondering: yes fry not free.
And please name me one reason not to name the IDs of those ….heads.
They have over 10k app and u don’t do a kitten about it.

[CoN] Ares | WvW Officer | GvG Core

…still improving…

(edited by kBoom.3748)

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

losing progress™

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

If it was a solo run, how were you kicked? Wouldn’t that suggest it was not solo, since someone (at least two no less) would be needed to kick you.

The fact still remains: What can they do about it? There most be an ability to kick abusive people from parties.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

He probably tried to sell and got scammed.
To be honest I can’t see why you could go on selling without extra protection, I just stopped doing it months ago. Remember, if a seller kick a buyer it’s scam, but the opposite is not, according to anet.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

kBoom.3748

@lordkrall.7241 its called “selling” dungeons… or mention the fact that I quite often write “pay what ever u feel is appropriate” the word “selling” is kinda inappropriate….

…still improving…

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Ill put this bluntly.

Anet does not care in the least about how solo dungeon runs is handled because they don’t support them openly. They themselves stated as well that if joining or selling a dungeon run you are at your own risk and peril and as such should expect people to play cheap. They warn people about in game dungeon path seller for scams and that they wont do anything should you loose your money to them. It is only natural they will do nothing against dungeon run kickers either because as said before so called players are on their own. Put bluntly don’t sell path if you don’t want this kind of unpleasant situation to happen at time because Anet wont move a finger to correct it.

As far as im concerned I think that rather then enrage tons of dumb player by openly constantly nerfing solo runs they simply decided not to discourage scammers so to shame them easier way to teach people not to buy their instance in the first place.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

Posted by: Mukk.3402

Mukk.3402

^. AN doesn’t support dungeon selling, so you can’t really expect them to come barking every time some windbag steals your instance for it. Only thing I can tell you is to adapt. Advertise your dungeon sell listings in a way that doesn’t involve the LFG tool, which is not an auction house but… you guessed it… a LFG tool.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

During the heitred reign of terror we all learned to use friendly fillers to somewhat mitigate the risk of being kicked. Get on with re-learning it already.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

During the heitred reign of terror we all learned to use friendly fillers to somewhat mitigate the risk of being kicked. Get on with re-learning it already.

Past tense? He was online a couple days ago.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Past tense? He was online a couple days ago.

He wasn’t kicking anyone afaik.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I honestly cannot believe Heitred has not been permanently banned. I was personally kicked over half a dozen times thanks to the party merge bug by him. Now the situation seems to be even worse where u not only get kicked but such players can benefit greatly by stealing your progress.

Edit: I guess I have to eat my words after this response.

The in-game tool is immediate whereas tickets take time. Go with the in-game report every time. It basically calls a GM to the location. You can’t see ‘em; but they’re there.

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I put in a report for a similar kicking recently. I spoke to the person who instigated it, telling them I was reporting for scamming. His reply was, “lol, good luck with that, Anet won’t do anything”.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

probably it is ANET’s way of saying “we do not encourage this dungeon path selling thing, but we won’t ban you either. do it at your own risk”

EDIT :
oh found this. exactly what i thought.

Attachments:

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

kyubi.3620

I don’t want to sound mean but im actualy very against dungeon selling and in some way even glad people who do it becomes scarces because of that kind of haters. I wouldn’t openly support what they do but I wouldn’t report them for it either. I personnaly think dungeon shouldn’t be for sale to begin with.

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

This new system really supports bullying and griefing of instances, it does not change even though you delete my posts and infract me. With the old system you were able to moderate your instance and keep griefing at bay, does it come as a surprise a huge wave of kicking and trolling started as soon as the new “improved” system was released?
And that post from Chris Cleary is a pretty big finger towards anyone selling, I am uncertain how an employee is allowed to post such things. We, customers, are able to read between the lines you know.
Fine – you do not support selling, it’s ok. You don’t have to. I am not a dungeon seller. But what you are supporting is disgusting behaviour from griefers now by standing idle and going “haha you should not be using the LFG-tool in the first place” – leaving me and other players without any tools to protect ourselves from them, since you are not going to help either. I assume you are aware of that it does not only affect sellers but allow griefing in normal runs and instances too?

I don’t want to sound mean but im actualy very against dungeon selling and in some way even glad people who do it becomes scarces because of that kind of haters. I wouldn’t openly support what they do but I wouldn’t report them for it either. I personnaly think dungeon shouldn’t be for sale to begin with.

Good motivations would be nice to hear why you are against people supplying to the demand of a huge amount of players, thus supporting thieves stealing from the men doing the labour

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

kyubi.3620

Because unworthy player get to wander around in full arah gear making skilled player look mundane? Earn your stuff you darn parvenu half the community didnt farm their gear legit to see some rich kid achieve the same thing in a single day by paying real life money or farmed gold. Its all right if you do the dungeon solo to prove yourself its disgusting when some random dude that wouldnt even be able to finish a explorable instance in the first place gets to have a pick of it.

Take note i DONT aprove of the method used by these guys to counter dungeon runners however I dont approve dungeon running for gold either so i dont know if i want to handshake with that guy and say ‘’good job’’ or scream ‘’wow your a jerk get a life please’’ when i think about them (there are less agressive way to tell dungeon buyers and dungeon runners that you hate them and that they should get the hell out). That said i wouldnt mind if they posted advertising dungeons groups named like ‘’Dont buy arah run’’ or something of the like.

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

If it doesn’t affect you in any way, why care about it? Should be able to do anything you want as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Unskilled players still get Arah tokens without path sellers. They join LFGs, and leech, and/or they spend 2+ hours on a simple path 2, and do it repeatedly, or they do sPvP (where pseudo-afk leeching is PERFECTLY FINE). Anyone can get any dungeon skins with absolutely zero player skill.

All dungeon runners do is let people get their tokens faster, let them get their dungeon master faster, and most importantly, keep them out of groups where they’re probably not wanted. (And to be fair to buyers, some of them could be perfectly welcome in a good group, but just have way more gold than time).

In return, they actually get an appropriate reward for their skill and effort. It’s a fair trade, and one of the areas of the game where skill is actually appropriately rewarded, in a game that often rewards content requiring zero skill equally or better to having actual player skill.

(edited by Zui.9245)

kyubi.3620

Unskilled players still get Arah tokens without path sellers. They join LFGs, and leech, and/or they spend 2+ hours on a simple path 2, and do it repeatedly, or they do sPvP (where pseudo-afk leeching is PERFECTLY FINE). Anyone can get any dungeon skins with absolutely zero player skill.

All dungeon runners do is let people get their tokens faster, let them get their dungeon master faster, and most importantly, keep them out of groups where they’re probably not wanted. (And to be fair to buyers, some of them could be perfectly welcome in a good group, but just have way more gold than time).

In return, they actually get an appropriate reward for their skill and effort. It’s a fair trade, and one of the areas of the game where skill is actually appropriately rewarded, in a game that often rewards content requiring zero skill equally or better to having actual player skill.

Im not denying the actual Work of a guy who manage to solo the dungeon actualy i would admire their talent but i dont see why the rich folk should benefit from that (I mean woa nice you got that super shiny looking cool armor how long did it took you was it hard? And the guy answer 1 day i paid a runner for it). You know what heres a deal, increase the dungeon reward value depending on the number of player in the party upon completion that way solo runners gets to do it for something and no one benefit that should not.

While pvp do can earn you dungeon skins it take times a lot of it and its at the rate of one armor skin per 44 box level. If you consider the number of match and point the guy need to even gain one armor piece it is more then well earned.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

Vikkela.7261

So what is your opinion on considering Legendaries and other purchasable gear/skins from the TP?

9 Guardians later…

kyubi.3620

At the current price if the guy is crazy enought to spend 400 dollars and buy a shiny sword well I guess he likely wont talk a lot about how he got it. The defrence between legendary and dungeon gear is that you CANT just purchase a piece out in the blue you need to farm it either by doing dungeons or by pvping a lot. Lot of stuff is purchasable by the TP some stuff should remain out of reach even for the richest guy. Im very glad they recently added those pvp only armor etc it force them to actualy play the game.

There should remain lot of good looking stuff only a dedicated player can obtain and no money can buy out.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I liked the idea someone posted a while ago. All bonus rewards for a dungeon come from one pool, it is split by the team, so an arah2 is worth 15 gold, do it alone and you can get your 15g, duo 7.5, etc. That way soloers can be rewarded for their effort without having to go to the grey market… problem is this community is kitten and you’d just have people kicking everyone at the end to maximize profits… ugh guildwars2 community, so disappointing.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

probably it is ANET’s way of saying “we do not encourage this dungeon path selling thing, but we won’t ban you either. do it at your own risk”

EDIT :
oh found this. exactly what i thought.

You’re quoting someone from ANet who was incorrect and his statement was clarified to have nothing to do with getting booted from dungeons. The “risk” he was talking about was selling things without using the Trading Post.

This is where it came from: (This thread)

Now, in regards to getting booted -

It is not allowed and we will take action against accounts we find doing this. This is monitored in-game but if you are able to report please do so as thousands of eyes are better than a team of GMs.

The fact that there are people doing this simply sucks and needs to be corrected and I want to assure you that my team actively takes issues like these to production to raise awareness (as do other devs that frequent the forums). I have been approached by multiple leads on ways to correct and curb this behavior and the conversation is happening.

He also said this with regards to scamming:

2. We terminate accounts permanently for defrauding (scamming). If you are found to make a deal to trade (say, sword for gold) and not hold up your end we will investigate and terminate. If you are the victim of a scam you should submit a support ticket and provide what you lost and the time and date as accurately as you recall. This is usually all we need to research the event but we will ask you if we need more info. You do have a right to know the outcome of these investigations but be aware these take us a few days to resolve.

Yes, this includes selling dungeons as well. If you agreed to pay for a dungeon path and then boot the seller, you will get punished. The seller won’t get his gold though.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

snip

will

also people use the arah gear?

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Jerus.4350

snip

will

also people use the arah gear?

My guard’s WvW gear is set up that way, it looks silly on asura, the whole helmet+ top of chest looking like a mouth really works better on asura than anything else.

Though lately I’ve just been using my Wintersday coat, strait pimpin.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

I can’t believe people are not only still trying to sell dungeons, but also keep coming back here to complain about it when they get ripped off. Anet has said repeatedly, that, #1: they don’t care about dungeon sellers getting scammed. Advertising your party allows anyone to join it. People initiating kicks is likely to happen from people who don’t know you and don’t care about you. #2: they are aware of this unfair kicking, which is why they keep urging players to report. They have said already they are working on fixing the 2 player requirement but it is not as easy to code as it sounds.

kBoom.3748

Well, no matter what you think about dungeon selling:
Allowing players to harass other players by kicking them/scamming them is inadequate.

I don’t see whats wrong with selling dungeons as long is the price is reasonable (max 5g for a 3g path).
There is no reason to force ppl playing dungeons they don’t like because they need the tokens for the bifrost etc.
There is no reason to force ppl playing in groups if they don’t like to do so.

I don’t know why ppl always wanna force others to play a game the way they think it should be played. Its my choice if i want to play Arah Solo. Being rewarded adequately is also my choice.

ATM i get kicked every 3rd attempt to give Arah away.

…still improving…

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Anet has said repeatedly, that, #1: they don’t care about dungeon sellers getting scammed.

Wrong. I’d ask for your source, but I know you don’t have one. Here’s mine: (Source)

2. We terminate accounts permanently for defrauding (scamming). If you are found to make a deal to trade (say, sword for gold) and not hold up your end we will investigate and terminate. If you are the victim of a scam you should submit a support ticket and provide what you lost and the time and date as accurately as you recall. This is usually all we need to research the event but we will ask you if we need more info. You do have a right to know the outcome of these investigations but be aware these take us a few days to resolve.

You don’t get the gold for the deal, but the scammer will be punished.

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Allowing players to harass other players by kicking them/scamming them is inadequate.

I don’t see whats wrong with selling dungeons as long is the price is reasonable (max 5g for a 3g path).
There is no reason to force ppl playing dungeons they don’t like because they need the tokens for the bifrost etc.

I don’t know why ppl always wanna force others to play a game the way they think it should be played. Its my choice if i want to play Arah Solo. Being rewarded adequately is also my choice.

I agree, I don’t get this ’’hate’’ dungeon sellers. If they want to sell dungeons, then let them. If people want to spend thier G on a dungeon seller, then that’s their choice. It’s not that they are getting it for free. They either spend real life money or got the G through thier own effort. And if they wish tor reward a player for doing hard work legimately then what’s the deal with it. A game is a game, there is no absolute way a game should be played. They are certain rules and regulations sure, but players will soon improvise and play within the confines of the rules. There is nothing wrong with that.

Posted by: Reckoner.1786

Reckoner.1786

My friend and I duo’d arah p4 tonight and even with the 50% change, we still got kicked. 3 hours of labor learning everything properly down the drain. Thanks ANET for the good memories.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Exactly. Selling dungeons is a red herring. It is simply a behavior that shouldn’t be allowed. What if I decide to 3 man a dungeon and decide to LFG for help, and they come and kick us just because? Might as well not pretend the LFG tool doesn’t exist since it openly allows griefing.

I don’t sell dungeons, but this kind of crap convinces me that since Anet won’t lift a finger to stop griefers beyond report collection and might think about it later that I should definitely just play dungeon with friends. Great atmosphere.

Please, please be careful, when changes are made. Across the game, I think there’s been too much recklessness.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

Being “rewarded adequately” beyond what the game offers is also your own risk. If it were your own little personal achievement for soloing, that’s fine, but don’t expect people to sympathize when you’re ruining a reward system. People don’t like dungeon sellers because anyone can have dungeon armor and weapons if they pay a dungeon seller.
This is my personal opinion, but you understand why what you’re doing might rub someone the wrong way. I’m more relaxed about it since dungeons hold very little difficulty anymore, so the rewards don’t mean as much, but I still don’t exactly support it.

DonQuack.9025

“anyone” with ~184 gold to spare that is. ofcourse for only one armour set.~552g for all light med heavy.

I dont care about dungeon sellers. I rarely buy from them because I rarely have gold to spare.

I must be strange. I have yet to see someone in dungeon armour and say to myself “how did they earn that? I would be outraged if they didnt do it the way I did.”

im more outraged when I see people with legendaries that dont know how to stack might, or anything really.

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

People don’t like dungeon sellers because anyone can have dungeon armor and weapons if they pay a dungeon seller.

I think you greatly overestimate how many people care about how other people earned their dungeon tokens.

ArchonWing.9480

Sounds like a busybody thing to do. I wouldn’t even notice the skins most of the time.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Depths.4051

Sounds like a busybody thing to do. I wouldn’t even notice the skins most of the time.

I don’t anymore, but when I got the skins initially when I was newer, I was of course proud. I think it would be similar for other newer players who work hard for their skins. I’d heard a person complain when pvp armor and weapons were merged with pve gear. Although I liked the change, I found the complaint understandable that they might be upset since they worked hard to receive that gear, and then have the satisfaction on that work taken away. I have enough nice skins and an excess in many tokens, so your right I rarely notice anymore, but it wont change my thoughts on dungeon selling.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Those players worked hard irl or ingame for that gold to buy their arah armor. Who are you to come in and devalue their accomplishments. kittening elitist.

Jerus.4350

“anyone” with ~184 gold to spare that is. ofcourse for only one armour set.~552g for all light med heavy.

I dont care about dungeon sellers. I rarely buy from them because I rarely have gold to spare.

I must be strange. I have yet to see someone in dungeon armour and say to myself “how did they earn that? I would be outraged if they didnt do it the way I did.”

im more outraged when I see people with legendaries that dont know how to stack might, or anything really.

^^ Yup

Depths.4051

Those players worked hard irl or ingame for that gold to buy their arah armor. Who are you to come in and devalue their accomplishments. kittening elitist.

Buying an achievement is still not the same as earning it. Like buying a trophy off someone.

Jerus.4350

Buying an achievement is still not the same as earning it. Like buying a trophy off someone.

It’s more like buying a Lambo instead of winning one in a contest. It ain’t cheap to buy paths.

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t anymore, but when I got the skins initially when I was newer, I was of course proud. I think it would be similar for other newer players who work hard for their skins. I’d heard a person complain when pvp armor and weapons were merged with pve gear. Although I liked the change, I found the complaint understandable that they might be upset since they worked hard to receive that gear, and then have the satisfaction on that work taken away. I have enough nice skins and an excess in many tokens, so your right I rarely notice anymore, but it wont change my thoughts on dungeon selling.

Well that’s fine too. Some people come for self-fulfillment, others come to just own stuff. To me, they’re equally valid reasons, even though I personally don’t agree with what they’re doing sometimes.

What I don’t agree with, and should be banned, is the ability to join someone’s party and kick their own instance because that goes way beyond dungeon selling and is just an ingredient for a toxic environment.

I mean it doesn’t matter what OP was doing. Let’s say he just started the dungeon on his own for a few minutes and then uses LFG; and then gets kicked. That would clearly be wrong, wouldn’kitten It’d just be a few minutes of progress stolen, but still— that should not be allowed.

Depths.4051

It’s more like buying a Lambo instead of winning one in a contest. It ain’t cheap to buy paths.

I disagree with your analogy, since you’re purchasing something that wasn’t meant to be purchased by normal means. If the dungeon armor was available to be purchased with normal in game gold, id agree with you.

Well that’s fine too. Some people come for self-fulfillment, others come to just own stuff. To me, they’re equally valid reasons, even though I personally don’t agree with what they’re doing sometimes.

What I don’t agree with, and should be banned, is the ability to join someone’s party and kick their own instance because that goes way beyond dungeon selling and is just an ingredient for a toxic environment.

I mean it doesn’t matter what OP was doing. Let’s say he just started the dungeon on his own for a few minutes and then uses LFG; and then gets kicked. That would clearly be wrong, wouldn’kitten It’d just be a few minutes of progress stolen, but still— that should not be allowed.

I have never personally experienced people trolling like this even though I exclusively pug. I can agree though that that is a pretty troll thing to do. Even if I don’t agree with dungeon selling, I don’t wish troll kicking on anyone. If dungeon leader was optional, id agree with such a feature, as long as the leader leaving didn’t close the instance. I would personally avoid parties with leaders though, since leaders can be troll too.

(edited by Depths.4051)

DonQuack.9025

I would personally avoid parties with leaders though, since leaders can be troll too.

I find this strange. How do you pug since pugs can be trolls too?
————-
It seems that if 2 people are in a party and you kick the other. you get booted out also.

………

arenanet. pls. you troll harder than players.

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Vikkela.7261

Make leadership optional and make a HUGE WARNINGSIGN and a symbol, like a skull or something in the LFG-tool that have a partyleader in it – there can even be a huge text when you join the dungeon that “WARNING YOU ARE NOW ENTERING AN INSTANCE WITH A PARTYLEADER WHO MIGHT TROLL YOU UNLIKE THE OTHER RANDOM PEOPLE YOU PLAY WITH”. With the help of these huge texts and warnings it can not be too confusing to new players either.

This way the people who don’t want a moderated instances can use the instances without a partyleader and people who want moderated instances can use theirs
EVERYONE WINS.

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Isn’t there a dungeon seller’s guild out there? I would think that the best way to handle this would be to form a guild (in the truest sense of the word) with other dungeon sellers so that you can all pool a list of legitimate dungeon buyers and a blacklist of griefers.

You’d no longer use the in-game LFG tool of course, as that lets anyone join you. You’d have to advertise your run on an external website (kind of like the pre-LFG tool LFG site) which only members (i.e. approved buyers) can see.

With the current risk level inherent in the LFG tool, it makes no sense to continue to try and use it.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Personally I have a complete and total indifference to dungeon selling. I’ll never buy a path since if I want to dk a dungeon I’ll do it myself. That being said I’m against this sort of griefing. A seller’s play style has no impact on me so why be a kitten bag and vote kick them. I’ll never understand griefers. Don’t they realise that rather than make them look king kitten, it just reveals what a petty, small minded person they are. Instead of hating on them I just shake my head in pity.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Because unworthy player get to wander around in full arah gear making skilled player look mundane? Earn your stuff

Yes, because everyone that got carried in Arah couple of times is a skilled player.

DonQuack.9025

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Moral of the story is: Don’t sell dungeons if you don’t want to risk getting kicked. I think you should be happy that it’s not punished by Anet, not every company would tolerate this, at least in the past, where RPG genre was still alive….

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Moral of the story is: Don’t sell dungeons if you don’t want to risk getting kicked. I think you should be happy that it’s not punished by Anet, not every company would tolerate this, at least in the past, where RPG genre was still alive….

Since some people get kicked by simply joining a lfg run, do you advice not using the lfg tool because you risk being kicked?
You forgot this was an MMOrpg. You know, with players interactions, and stuff like that.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.