Another Daily Fractal chest.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Cynical.2097

Cynical.2097

0/12.
That’s almost half a month of GRINDING. <— Grinding. Grind.

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

0/12.

Pretty sure they’ve already admitted it was a mistake to make that the only way to get the rings and it will be changed in the future. Just deal with it for now or go and do something else. Personally i got my ring on my first level 10 run. then 2 days later got my 2nd. Most of the people I play with also have 2 rings. I dont think the rates are insane.

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

Posted by: Cynical.2097

Cynical.2097

0/12.

Pretty sure they’ve already admitted it was a mistake to make that the only way to get the rings and it will be changed in the future. Just deal with it for now or go and do something else. Personally i got my ring on my first level 10 run. then 2 days later got my 2nd. Most of the people I play with also have 2 rings. I dont think the rates are insane.

Must be nice. I’m 0/12. I get on every day and try my luck.

I guess you are just more deserving than I am.

Foss.4830

0/12.

Must be nice. I’m 0/12. I get on every day and try my luck.

I guess you are just more deserving than I am.

Its all RNG man idk what to tell you. Not the end of the world. Just keep at it and eventually if you dont find a ring you’ll probably have enough to forge your back piece lol

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

changed thread title from ‘fagtal’ to ‘fractal’ since I’m sure it was a mistake.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

That’s not a month of grinding. You could easily get 2 chests a day. If you don’t play everyday and consider yourself ‘casual’ then just be happy with exotic gear.

Again, RNG is RNG. Accept it or rage quit.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Tanamoril.4980

Tanamoril.4980

I don’t have an opinion on RNG as it has not abused me yet. However, I have two rings out of three total daily chests just for comparison.

Posted by: ledzep.9504

ledzep.9504

I got 3 ring out of 4 daily in 10-19 and 1 infused ring in 2 daily in 20-29. I wont even infuse the offensive one cause it cost too much relic and i feel i have enough agony resist. rng is rng

Edit: 3 of my 4 ring are offensive.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

No one will complain about RNG until it affects them negatively.

That alone is reason enough to remove it. Besides, nothing in 10+ dailies is not RNG; it’s a bug. I garuntee you it’s a bug. Arenanet can’t admit it so we’ll never really know.

Just like some people never get the bonuses from WvW since launch. They still haven’t fixed that bug. For all we know; there could be a bug in the game that have certain players on permanent loot DR or something similar.

Posted by: Starlink.6248

Starlink.6248

i m 0/14 xd and i do 2 daily for day

Posted by: Ziazis.3708

Ziazis.3708

Good for you guys that you get your rings like on the freaking first run.
I’m also like everyday in fractals. Just did lvl 20 (with zero resist). You know how it is to have zero resist against that kitten thing? You die, you have no chance to survive, you just die. So other people had to res me.

So I’m in 10-18 0/7 and 20 now 0/1…. Great I congrats that idiot that did that rng on the rings -_-

There is no life without deaths. It’s existance.

Foss.4830

No one will complain about RNG until it affects them negatively.

That alone is reason enough to remove it. Besides, nothing in 10+ dailies is not RNG; it’s a bug. I garuntee you it’s a bug. Arenanet can’t admit it so we’ll never really know.

Just like some people never get the bonuses from WvW since launch. They still haven’t fixed that bug. For all we know; there could be a bug in the game that have certain players on permanent loot DR or something similar.

Please explain how this bug works? Its RNG. Just because you do 10 runs doesnt gurantee that your going to get a ring. Hell you could do 200 runs and not get a ring. Doesnt mean its bugged. Just means that your very unlucky lol.

As I stated previously they are going to add other ways to get the rings so really why complain about it? Unless your one of those people who thinks everyone should get a ring 100% of the time :/

Also

changed thread title from ‘fagtal’ to ‘fractal’ since I’m sure it was a mistake.

Lol.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Please explain how this bug works? Its RNG. Just because you do 10 runs doesnt gurantee that your going to get a ring. Hell you could do 200 runs and not get a ring. Doesnt mean its bugged. Just means that your very unlucky lol.

As I stated previously they are going to add other ways to get the rings so really why complain about it? Unless your one of those people who thinks everyone should get a ring 100% of the time :/

The point is, this system for rewarding the rings should never have been rng, or at least /entirely/ rng. When agony resist is required to progress beyond a certain point, you can’t have a system where a player may never get that resist to continue. It’s asinine. I have guildmates who are well over 12 runs and still have not gotten a ring either.

An easy way would have been, each time you reach a new tier, you’re given a random ring. Once guaranteed. You get your very first lvl 10-19 daily chest, you get one randomized stat ascended ring. This still keeps some randomness/luck, but allows for thwarting the core mechanic of fractals. Then, beyond the first guaranteed ring, the current system could continue. That way you could still progress, or you could keep trying your luck for stats that you might find more useful.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Loot tables? What are those!

Bah humbug all RNG

Foss.4830

The point is, this system for rewarding the rings should never have been rng, or at least /entirely/ rng. When agony resist is required to progress beyond a certain point, you can’t have a system where a player may never get that resist to continue. It’s asinine. I have guildmates who are well over 12 runs and still have not gotten a ring either.

An easy way would have been, each time you reach a new tier, you’re given a random ring. Once guaranteed. You get your very first lvl 10-19 daily chest, you get one randomized stat ascended ring. This still keeps some randomness/luck, but allows for thwarting the core mechanic of fractals. Then, beyond the first guaranteed ring, the current system could continue. That way you could still progress, or you could keep trying your luck for stats that you might find more useful.

Your right it never should have been all RNG. The devs admitted this already. However I doubt they are going to make it a guaranteed drop from any chest. Most likely they will make them craftable through the MF like the back pieces or adjust the drop rates slightly. or both.

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

Forgive me but you changed an offensive thread title, then went ahead and typed it yourself in the post for everybody to continue seeing. I think you just made my head explode, sir.

Perhaps next time “Changed the thread title since it was clearly not a mistake” would suffice if you’re attempting to clear up any questionable behavior.

Maybe the devs have some humor too?

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

Posted by: pudin.8735

pudin.8735

How its possible to do 2 dailys ? i mean, how much time i have to wait to do the second daily.

Posted by: KerriganGR.2736

KerriganGR.2736

I would really like a dev to say something about this. I have done more than 12 daily and i haven’t gotten any ring. When is this rng bs gonna go away? This is not the mmo i came here for.

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

How its possible to do 2 dailys ? i mean, how much time i have to wait to do the second daily.

You do level 10 and level 20. Or have two characters at 10.

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

I feel your pain OP. I really do. I’ve run level 10 – 9 times just for a shot at the ring and still no luck. Some people do indeed (almost) seem to get rings on most of the daily runs they do and some people never seem to get it at all no matter how many runs they do.

The RNG mechanic is eye opening for fractals and I’m pretty sure they’ll fix it soon.

(crosses fingers)

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

Loot tables? What are those!

Bah humbug all RNG

You know that RNG is fuelled by loot tables right?
Usually in games every mob / chest whatever drops loot has a table with items it pulls one or more randomly from. Part of what determines the chance for a particular item to drop is how many different items are in the table (in more primitive forms the % is even determined by having eg. 5x item A and 100x item B in it so the chance it pulls item B is bigger).

Posted by: AWSUMSAUCE.4372

AWSUMSAUCE.4372

but of course, he meant to write faptal

Posted by: Fabsm.5897

Fabsm.5897

I don’t feel your pain.
You’re perfectly efficient without those rings, if you’re a good player. Why raging so much?

Fabsm
Guardian of Moonlight Shadow [MLS]

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

I don’t feel your pain.
You’re perfectly efficient without those rings, if you’re a good player. Why raging so much?

Those do not need arguments are rather unneeded, you know.
Could aswell just tell everybody to stop playing the game.

RNG on the rings was a bad idea, Chris Whiteside admitted that openly. What are you guys even talking about?

Posted by: levelnine.7036

levelnine.7036

something tells me that it wasnt. lol.

didnt get a ring yet also out of 10 runs or so.

Seafarer’s Rest. Time Keepers [TK].

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Working as intended keep grinding. This is what people wanted so why complain?
I dont get it. Didnt have anything to do or nothing to chase and now you have it.

Go to it- and keep at it till its done- maybe you are just not who they want?
Maybe ask for way to pay to reduce the grind in the cash shop?

Or like me Move on to greener pastures there are games that do the grind far better than this one.IF anet get around to fixing stuff I may be back sometime.

Posted by: Maestro.5376

Maestro.5376

I don’t feel your pain.

Because there comes a point at which rings/agony resist is a necessity or you die without fail at Jade Maw health checkpoints. And if your entire party is extremely competent but RNG has seen fit to not reward them with any rings….

It becomes impossible to complete Jade Maw at 20 unless everyone has a (default) infused backpiece + slotted infusion.

Posted by: Fabsm.5897

Fabsm.5897

I don’t feel your pain.

Because there comes a point at which rings/agony resist is a necessity or you die without fail at Jade Maw health checkpoints. And if your entire party is extremely competent but RNG has seen fit to not reward them with any rings….

It becomes impossible to complete Jade Maw at 20 unless everyone has a (default) infused backpiece + slotted infusion.

But then, why are you even doing Fractal 20… to get even more rings or backpiece?

If you’re a good player, you’ll be good even without them. You choose to keep grinding, and you lament you aren’t dropping items that merely make possible for you to … keep grinding more.

I am doing Fractals as i do all other things of this game, as a possibility, not as the ONLY possibility. But maybe it is because i don’t make pugs and only play with friends and guildies. I play to enjoy the game, not to have the xxx-stats-more-than-you.

I probably will stop doing fractals at lvl 10 for this reason. And then move to my long-term goals, building a legendary, a good tPvP team, and a good WvW squadron.

Oh, the last two things don’t drop in dungeons. Nor do skill. And i am glad that in PVP, all your rings and backpieces mean nothing.

I hope this could make you think twice on this insane WoW-style grinding.

Fabsm
Guardian of Moonlight Shadow [MLS]

Posted by: Auvic.5679

Auvic.5679

I probably will stop doing fractals at lvl 10 for this reason. And then move to my long-term goals, building a legendary, a good tPvP team, and a good WvW squadron.

Oh, the last two things don’t drop in dungeons. Nor do skill. And i am glad that in PVP, all your rings and backpieces mean nothing.

I hope this could make you think twice on this insane WoW-style grinding.

There’s people at Fractals higher than 20 without any agony resist.
Keep thinking that it’s absolutely necessary, lol. If you don’t have the proper resists, you can always just grab more healing and regenerate your way through it. Or, y’know, die in a safe location, down, and let someone pick you up for free EXP.
(Or if you have even one guardian in the party, collapse all your non-Agony-resist people during Jade Maw phase changes, pop guardian heal aoe, and heal the hell through it. You might lose one person, but that’s it.

Getting downed isn’t a problem, unless you somehow can’t manage to think your way out of it.

There’s plenty of solutions; it’s up to you to figure them out.

Foss.4830

I would really like a dev to say something about this. I have done more than 12 daily and i haven’t gotten any ring. When is this rng bs gonna go away? This is not the mmo i came here for.

Devs already commented on this. More ways to obtain rings will be added that are not RNG. No ETA. If you dont like it right now go play the rest of the game. The ascended items are currently only needed for high level fractals. This does not prevent you from doing anything else. So probably not a real high priority atm.

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

I don’t feel your pain.

I’ve failed jade maw checkpoints and have been in parties where others have failed. It’s not that hard to quickly down a tentacle and revive your team. Like come on, Jade Maw isnt even hard, AT ALL — though you still need to be on your toes so it’s not exactly boring either.

What is hard though, is the Dredge Powersuit with an under-infused party. I usually run buckets but I find it nearly impossible to predict his agony attack and keeping up the healing is always a challenge that can lead to a clusterfumble that wipes the party or causes him to eventually regen to full, causing the encounter to reset several times depending on the party.

(edited by Zero Angel.9715)

Posted by: Curtis.1562

Curtis.1562

We 4manned fractal 30 without any agony resistance. Wiped twice on the dredge powersuit boss and once on the grawl boss, but we beat it within an hour and a half. We didn’t use revive orbs or any other “cheap” tricks. For Jade you can just go in one at a time and have the people above you res(we do this whole fight naked.) Annoying, sure, but definitely doable.

I personally didn’t get a ring until I was on floor 28. They make things easier, but you don’t need them to progress.

Sarcasmic.6741

I personally didn’t get a ring until I was on floor 28. They make things easier, but you don’t need them to progress.

Yes, they aren’t needed in the least, because graveyard zerging to complete the fractal is a viable and acceptable tactic.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)

Posted by: Tale.5241

Tale.5241

Yes, they aren’t needed in the least, because graveyard zerging to complete the fractal is a viable and acceptable tactic.

Actually for all but the Jade Maw, graveyard zerging does not work.

The only fractal where the graveyard zerg does work is the only one where Agony cannot be dodged. Make of that as you will.

Sarcasmic.6741

The graveyard zerg works in a bunch of places that don’t reset on party wipe, not just the Jade Maw, but that’s another story for another time.

My point is, the unavoidable agony is in essence a “gear check” to make sure you’re capable enough to run that difficulty. If you’re skilled enough to reach that level, you should’ve earned some form of agony resist equipment by that point. As it stands now, there’s no guarantees that by fractal 50 you’ll have a ring of any kind (nor will fractals have rewarded you enough materials to make an agony resist backpiece).

After 20 (and perhaps earlier) you’re just a burden to your party by not having the necessary gear to combat agony, simply for being unlucky. Flawed implementation is flawed.

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

The graveyard zerg works in a bunch of places that don’t reset on party wipe, not just the Jade Maw, but that’s another story for another time.

My point is, the unavoidable agony is in essence a “gear check” to make sure you’re capable enough to run that difficulty. If you’re skilled enough to reach that level, you should’ve earned some form of agony resist equipment by that point. As it stands now, there’s no guarantees that by fractal 50 you’ll have a ring of any kind (nor will fractals have rewarded you enough materials to make an agony resist backpiece).

After 20 (and perhaps earlier) you’re just a burden to your party by not having the necessary gear to combat agony, simply for being unlucky. Flawed implementation is flawed.

I think this post wins thread.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: Owlish.9784

Owlish.9784

Did magic find boost % affect the daily bonus fractalis chest?
Thanks

Posted by: Holion.5604

Holion.5604

tell me about it been camping out spamming LFG for XXXXX dungeon but no one joins because they all want to do FOTM

Posted by: KerriganGR.2736

KerriganGR.2736

Another 2 tries added. Still no ring. This is a total of 14 tries now. My girlfriend has done 2 less tries and has gotten 3 rings already. Come on!!!

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Did magic find boost % affect the daily bonus fractalis chest?
Thanks

Magic find never affects chests.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I have 2 rings but they are terrible so they just sit in the bank

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

It is rather funny that all the defenders evade the simple problem:

Total RNG with a chance at nothing sucks. END of story. It was a stupid mechanic back in 1999 in Everquest a game built on camping and grinding, and it is a stupid mechanic in GW2 a game released in 2012.

Let me put it like this:
The 2012 version of Everquest 1 – ALL nameds drop at least one item of use. The devs of the game realized killing mobs to get nothing was not fun, nor has it ever been fun. It is sad that GW2 devs don’t realize this. They fail at loot tables. They make it either too easy (exp token system) or too frustrating (Fractal RNG drop rate).

I have YET to hear any viable defense to RNG other than “you don’t need it”, but that is hardly the point.

Edit: To me the “you don’t need it” debate sounds like saying Corpse runs and dropping all items on you body is a good idea, because if you don’t die you don’t have to run!

(edited by Dead.7385)

Posted by: Hatter.2987

Hatter.2987

Total RNG with a chance at nothing sucks. END of story. It was a stupid mechanic back in 1999 in Everquest a game built on camping and grinding, and it is a stupid mechanic in GW2 a game released in 2012.

Let me put it like this:
The 2012 version of Everquest 1 – ALL nameds drop at least one item of use. The devs of the game realized killing mobs to get nothing was not fun, nor has it ever been fun. It is sad that GW2 devs don’t realize this. They fail at loot tables. They make it either too easy (exp token system) or too frustrating (Fractal RNG drop rate).

I have YET to hear any viable defense to RNG other than “you don’t need it”, but that is hardly the point.

Edit: To me the “you don’t need it” debate sounds like saying Corpse runs and dropping all items on you body is a good idea, because if you don’t die you don’t have to run!

Amen

Posted by: Silvard.3469

Silvard.3469

Let me put it like this:

They did realize it.

Fun impacts decisions. Every time you finish a dungeon you get tokens you can trade in for reward items that you want, rather than having a small chance of getting it as a drop, because it’s more fun to always get rewarded for finishing with something you want to have!

I don’t know what the hell happened to them.

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

Also in the same boat.

2 weeks of daily chests, no ring, can’t progress further into FOTM. THIS IS NOT GOOD DESIGN

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

My story:

Just got my 250 Fractal Complete achievement last night: 4 rings, none with the stat I want. (And 2 of them are Magic find).

But when I look at a guildie who ran almost as much as me (he got the 200 Fractal completed achievement earlier in the week) and he got no ring, I guess me complaining will be bad karma.

Posted by: JackSlate.8450

JackSlate.8450

0/10 Thank you Arena Net for the “minimal farm” o/

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

I got two rings in the same day today. Finally got an infused one.
But I was wondering does mf affect daily chest? I know it doesn’t affect dungeon chest but when I swapped mf gear b4 daily pops up I get a ring almost every time. I tried w/o mf gear from 18-26 and not had a single ring from dailies.

(edited by Stridix.4260)

Posted by: Mosh.4129

Mosh.4129

First run one of my partymates got a ring. The rest of us nothing. Wheres the justice in that? BTW He sucked, he kept dying and we had to ress him a lot while we keep pumping our support skills just to stay alive.

Argh kitten this. Its AION all over again. Ive had enough of that kitten. Now it is coming here. Good luck with RNG.

RNG is OBSOLETE… make it go away.

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071