Arah P2 broken

Arah P2 broken

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Greibur.9627

Greibur.9627

Just went in Arah with my guild, the path 2 can’t be done, the first boss (Operative Belka) won’t trigger.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Just went in Arah with my guild, the path 2 can’t be done, the first boss (Operative Belka) won’t trigger.

Did you run past her to the far bone wall to break agro on the deadeye/berserkers by Reza’s Waypoint? That can cause the bug I’m told, I want to say it’s happened once to me, but best bet is to turn around and take out anything that stays on agro when you get to Belka, there’s some debris on the right wall you can tuck behind for LoS then just burn down the stuff.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Happened to me once, just consider yourself lucky to have that bug at the first boss and restart the dungeon.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Greibur.9627

Greibur.9627

No we didn’t run past her to break agro, we killed the deadeye and the berserker who followed us and the other two didn’t bother us, we did try to all die or restart the dungeon, it ddin’t work.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

It’s broken. She doesn’t activate. The usual los’ing doesn’t work.

Nothing new, that bug’s been in the game since day one.

Yes, my dear, but it never happened with this consistency, especially not if you los’ed properly. Hasn’t happened in months.
There’s quite the difference.
Not like I care anymore…

(edited by deSade.9437)

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Nothing new, that bug’s been in the game since day one.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Patches…always fun stuff

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

Nope, it’s definitly broken. I tried five times and got the bug every time. Either I got seriously bad luck or it never works now

Edit: the workaround / known fix doesn’t work either. It’s a new bug

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

(edited by Cheezy.2039)

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

^You are correct. I solo this dungeon everyday, and knew how to mitigate the bug. However, after today’s patch Belka’s cutscene will not trigger no matter what you do.

Taking bets on how long it will take anet to fix a dungeon bug. What do you guys think? Will they even bother?

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Thx, ANet =/

/15charsofdeadpve

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: stachekiller.2591

stachekiller.2591

staring contest

Attachments:

Arah P2 broken

Cheezy.2039

I’d guess P2 will just be removed after all the bugs it had so far (Alphard >.>).

Instead we get a jumping puzzle, because that’s what GW2 endgame is about

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

ANet delivers quality patches. Seriously.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

They’ve been messing around with Belka, hmm…
Possibly attempting to fix the breaking the bone wall and getting out of combat to heal without resetting her and making her stop teleporting cheese?

Can’t wait for it to be re-patched to see.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

No one read the patch notes? They said “Arah P2 was too overwhelming for new players so we disabled it”.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

No one read the patch notes? They said “Arah P2 was too overwhelming for new players so we disabled it”.

What about coe story?

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Fixed* "

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Belka is so cute

Attachments:

Tour

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

“We thought this would enhance the roleplay experience. After all, dungeon elitists were asking for changes. Don’t punch a gift horse in the mouth… or something like that.”

/Anet

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

This is working as intended, your party has to sing a beautiful song in order to continue, we thought this would be an appropriate challenge for our dear dungeon folks.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: JokerD.5173

JokerD.5173

Confirmed on P2 error, my group tried to play this today and could get pass Belka
… Annoying

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Anyone want to take bets on how long it till take ANET to fix this?

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Subi.8014

Subi.8014

I bet 1 copper it will take at least a week!

Edit: make that two weeks

Subi [qT]

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: JasmineLong.6514

JasmineLong.6514

Anyone want to take bets on how long it till take ANET to fix this?

Fix what? It’s working as intended.

/troll

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I’d guess P2 will just be removed after all the bugs it had so far (Alphard >.>).

I thought endgame was based on uninstalling the game and complaining on the forums?

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Nuno.7458

Nuno.7458

Its not the same bug.

The bug explained in that thread is when you run past her while you and the npc are in combat running away from deadeye, and belka bugs after the cutscene

After the September feature pack the scene doesn’t even trigger so the boss (belka) can’t turn hostile.

Arah P2 broken

Cheezy.2039

I thought endgame was based on uninstalling the game and complaining on the forums?

Then ANet is doing a well job at pushing players into endgame combat

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

Looks like the dungeon instanceowner change broke more than what’s supposed to be unbroken.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Killed all trash leading up to Belka, cutscene still did not trigger.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Then ANet is doing a well job at pushing players into endgame combat

Better than ever before.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

This issue is being looked into actively. No ETA yet.

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Thank you for the acknowledgement Chris. It’s majorly nice to you know guys are aware of the issue and are working on it.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: GuildWarsFan.4356

GuildWarsFan.4356

Hey Chris,

After speaking to you in game and giving you information on all the issues at hand I have gathered video footage of the bugs taking place.

Please be advised, there is some explicit language in the HoTW Footage as it was taken during a run.

HoTW Story Bug-Video Footage

Arah P2 Belka Bug- Video Footage

The bugs we have not recorded:

CoE Story- Zojja does not open the first door.

CoF P2- (Event) Devourers Nest after the first 3 flamethrowers does not start.

I’m assuming my post will not be moved to linksville as I was told to post it in these threads by a mod, and it is assisting the team in fixing these bugs.

Thanks
-Ravi

[Only] | The best account name in the world.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: HomeSick.7639

HomeSick.7639

thats how much you care about your dungeon and fractal community?
other games (wildstar) fix issues like this within an hour.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: raethe.1903

raethe.1903

Chris, as someone who loves Arah and duo/solos P2 regularly, thank you. I hope the developers can get Belka fixed ASAP.

Arah P2 broken

dlonie.6547

thats how much you care about your dungeon and fractal community?
other games (wildstar) fix issues like this within an hour.

I know, right? The lazy kittens are just sitting around, staring at the big red button labeled “Fix Bugs”, refusing to push it just to kitten us off.

Seriously, shut the kitten up. At least someone has let us know that they’re looking at them — it’s way more than we’ve gotten in the past…

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

They pay very little attention to the dungeons at all in the game, and 4 dungeons currently have progress-blocking bugs. It’s been a few days. That’s borderline unacceptable for a game of this size with so many employees. Quit kissing kitten because somebody finally posted in this subforum.

[DnT]

Arah P2 broken

dlonie.6547

Trust me, I’m not one to stick up for ANet. Take a minute and go through my posting history if in doubt…

But expecting a fix “within an hour” and Q_Q’ing when it doesn’t happen is obnoxious.

Personally, I’d rather they test more before pushing changes to production — assign each dungeon to a team of testers and just have them run through it to make sure it can at least be completed.

But if bugs get out, they are going to take time to fix — more than an hour ;-) And the post in question was made less than a day and a half after the patch went live — not “a few days”.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Gamebreaking bugs are usually hotfixed within a day. So the outrage is pretty justified.

Arah P2 broken

dlonie.6547

Heh not in this game….

Gamebreaking bugs never get hotfixed *cough*cliffside fractal*coughcough*. Hotfixes are only for gem store items or gold generators (TA story)

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Trust me, I’m not one to stick up for ANet. Take a minute and go through my posting history if in doubt…

But expecting a fix “within an hour” and Q_Q’ing when it doesn’t happen is obnoxious.

Personally, I’d rather they test more before pushing changes to production — assign each dungeon to a team of testers and just have them run through it to make sure it can at least be completed.

But if bugs get out, they are going to take time to fix — more than an hour ;-) And the post in question was made less than a day and a half after the patch went live — not “a few days”.

The problem, and I’m guilty of it too, is that ANet blanking basically everything that isn’t LS set my, your and our bar of standard so low that we’ll just accept anything.

Dungeons being broken after an update and not being rapidly fixed however is absolutely unacceptable and I don’t even know how that would get past the test server – they literally had to spend two minutes in Arah to realise the second path was bugged out.

If this happened in something like Wildstar, wouldn’t people just lose their **** and go crazy? But in GW2 …. we’re so content with mediocrity it’s just “meh whatever”.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Arah P2 broken

spoj.9672

Heh not in this game….

Gamebreaking bugs never get hotfixed *cough*cliffside fractal*coughcough*. Hotfixes are only for gem store items or gold generators (TA story)

The cliffside bug wasnt gamebreaking. If you didnt fall off then you would have no problem completing the fractal. I thought a full party wipe reset the hammer though?

Arah P2 broken

dlonie.6547

The cliffside bug wasnt gamebreaking. If you didnt fall off then you would have no problem completing the fractal. I thought a full party wipe reset the hammer though?

That was the problem. The hammer wouldn’t respawn, so if a pug fell off with it, it was unrecoverable. You’d have to abandon the instance three fractals in.

Arah P2 broken

dlonie.6547

The problem, and I’m guilty of it too, is that ANet blanking basically everything that isn’t LS set my, your and our bar of standard so low that we’ll just accept anything.

Dungeons being broken after an update and not being rapidly fixed however is absolutely unacceptable and I don’t even know how that would get past the test server – they literally had to spend two minutes in Arah to realise the second path was bugged out.

If this happened in something like Wildstar, wouldn’t people just lose their **** and go crazy? But in GW2 …. we’re so content with mediocrity it’s just “meh whatever”.

Good summary. Now I’m extra sad :-(

I agree, the lack of testing is what’s really annoying about this. So many of these bugs would have been obvious if they’d even looked.

I’d have thought that running through basic game content prior to pushing a major patch would be included in the release-testing process. Guess not.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Dungeon=/=Basic

Spent all morning hopping in hotw/coe story mode lfg warning them it bugged. Ran through about 4 hotw’s to help prove its bugged since its pretty much at the end. Coe is easier as its right at the beginning.

As for testing. If they let the compass tell new players to go to high level zones they def wont be coming near dungeons any time soon.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Arah P2 broken

spoj.9672

Its another bug which should of been fixed asap. But not on the same scale. These dungeons cannot be completed at all at the moment. There is absolutely no reason to defend anet on this. They kittened up and they need to sort it out sharpish. I dont mean within a month or so. I mean as priority number 1. They already have a kittenstorm of complaints going on and veteran players leaving. These things only make it worse for them. At the end of the day its not our problem. We can move onto another game. Im sure Anet doesnt want that.

Arah P2 broken

dlonie.6547

Its another bug which should of been fixed asap. But not on the same scale. These dungeons cannot be completed at all at the moment. There is absolutely no reason to defend anet on this. They kittened up and they need to sort it out sharpish. I dont mean within a month or so. I mean as priority number 1. They already have a kittenstorm of complaints going on and veteran players leaving. These things only make it worse for them. At the end of the day its not our problem. We can move onto another game. Im sure Anet doesnt want that.

Agreed. I know my initial post came off as defending them, but the post saying that bugs should be fixed, tested, and pushed in an hour rubbed me the wrong way, being a software engineer myself. It takes time to do these things, and expecting everything to be fixed instantly is, as I said, obnoxious.

And personally, I’m a bit pleased to see the increase in communication about these things, it’s at least a step in the right direction.

Should they be prioritizing these bugs to be fixed in at most, a couple of days? Absolutely. Faster would be nice, but it’s not realistic considering their track record.

Should they be running through the game’s repeatable content before a major patch to test that things work on a basic level? Absolutely. Then this discussion wouldn’t even be taking place.

As for people leaving, vets have been leaving, both trickling out and leaving in waves, for a long time. Considering all of the attention they give to new players while neglecting to add replayable endgame content…I really don’t think they care, sadly. I wish they did, but they don’t. We’ve already bought our boxes.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They’re looking into it. You can’t rush programming, or else you break everything else and then everyone will complain more. If the issue were as simple as a few lines of code, the fix would be out already. Obviously the issue isn’t that simple, so we need to be patient while they work it. There’s nothing else to be done, and getting riled up over it isn’t doing anyone any favors.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!