Arah P2 broken

Arah P2 broken

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: HomeSick.7639

HomeSick.7639

This issue is being looked into actively. No ETA yet.

thats how much you care about your dungeon and fractal community?
other games (wildstar) fix issues like this within an hour.

I know, right? The lazy kittens are just sitting around, staring at the big red button labeled “Fix Bugs”, refusing to push it just to kitten us off.

Seriously, shut the kitten up. At least someone has let us know that they’re looking at them — it’s way more than we’ve gotten in the past…

they also told us they care about us, they told us they are listening to player feedback, they told us alot.

you can say w/e you want. other games fix stuff like this within an hour and dont need a week (or month).

if you really think “letting us know” is enough of communication and shows how much they care about us….
“letting players know” is standard in other games and people dont have to make rage posts on forums and reddit to see at least a little bit of dev presence on the forums.

if they cared they would have tested their kitten instead of adding it to the live servers.
and this is the problem to begin with.

they dont give a kitten about dungeons.

(edited by HomeSick.7639)

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

you can say w/e you want. other games fix stuff like this within an hour and dont need a week (or month).

<snip>

letting players know" is standard in other games and people dont have to make rage posts on forums and reddit to see at least a little bit of dev presence on the forums.

if they cared they would have tested their kitten instead of adding it to the live servers. and this is the problem to begin with.

ArenaNet: “We Develop How We Want™”

I do apologize for my harshness earlier. But the timescale for fixing bugs can easily exceed an hour given the complexity of the systems involved. I’ve had many bugs come my way that took considerably longer than that to just track down what was happening, much less fix, test, and push ;-) Without understanding what the problem is, it’s not quite fair to expect something that quickly. That said, I really don’t expect a fix from them until the next patch (or later). As you said, dungeons don’t really matter to them; they’ve said as much in recent communications and actions speak even louder than their words.

But I think we’re all on the same page at the end of the day. Sitting on the outside and looking in…their software process could use a lot of work.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

They’re looking into it. You can’t rush programming, or else you break everything else and then everyone will complain more. If the issue were as simple as a few lines of code, the fix would be out already. Obviously the issue isn’t that simple, so we need to be patient while they work it. There’s nothing else to be done, and getting riled up over it isn’t doing anyone any favors.

But then they fix gem store issues real quick. If its not gem related, we should all kitten up and suffer
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-03-2014/first#post4086267

Tour

Arah P2 broken

dlonie.6547

They’re looking into it. You can’t rush programming, or else you break everything else and then everyone will complain more. If the issue were as simple as a few lines of code, the fix would be out already. Obviously the issue isn’t that simple, so we need to be patient while they work it. There’s nothing else to be done, and getting riled up over it isn’t doing anyone any favors.

But then they fix gem store issues real quick. If its not gem related, we should all kitten up and suffer
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-03-2014/first#post4086267

Heh, and even that took 7.5 hours :P

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Heh not in this game….

Gamebreaking bugs never get hotfixed *cough*cliffside fractal*coughcough*. Hotfixes are only for gem store items or gold generators (TA story)

TA story wasn’t a hotfix (technically it kind of was? but 1-2 weeks isn’t really that hot). I didn’t even get my post deleted until the day after it was patched.

Arah P2 broken

dlonie.6547

They didn’t actually fix the problem right away, but they did “hotfix” it to remove the path so people couldn’t exploit it.

Which is what they should have done with cliffside — removed it from rotation so it wouldn’t kill people’s FotM instances. But eh. There’s so much wrong with how this game is managed that that’s small potatoes.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

They didn’t actually fix the problem right away, but they did “hotfix” it to remove the path so people couldn’t exploit it.

Which is what they should have done with cliffside — removed it from rotation so it wouldn’t kill people’s FotM instances. But eh. There’s so much wrong with how this game is managed that that’s small potatoes.

More like a warning to dungeon runners that we should all shut up and enjoy what we have or else Anet will try to close each path of the dungeons one by one

Tour

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

That’s exactly what I expected them to do (and as they did so later the tech obviously existed) but it didn’t happen until a week or so later because reddit.

edit: both the forums and reddit hate proper timestamps so can’t give exact timeline but it was at least a week before /r post and the disabling.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Arah p2 is fixed. Don’t know why they didn’t add it to the patch notes.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

do they know they fixed it?

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Oh god this made me laugh harder than it should.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

10/10
I love you.

Arah P2 broken

dlonie.6547

I un-plus-one’d that so I could +1 it again.

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

OK so they fixed P2 yesterday and apparently broke P4 again.

Dwayna is bugged at 50% – goes stealth no matter what even after 5 sec burn phase Blocking progress

BTW this is a regression of a very old bug

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Arah P2 broken

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Our guild just got this again just now.