Arah dungeon- seers path is impossible to finish.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Manos.5486

Manos.5486

What I keep seeing, maybe it’s a bug, is that she goes invisible at exactly the same point on her health bar every time, whether we dps fast or slow. And that point is right around 50% health.

Which means, even with a good spark run, she’s healed notably over 50%. Granted she may have only 60-65% of her bar, but she’ll still go invisible right at the 50% mark again.

Is this normal behavior, or did we find a glitch in the encounter? I timed the cycles between her invisibile phases, and it could be anywhere from 45 sec to over 3 minutes, but she’d still enter the phase at exactly 50%, just like the first time she is encountered.

Same here. We tried to do it the “normal way”, by bringer her down to 50%, run the sparks while she regened, and dps her again. But no matter how little she regened, everytime we brought her down to 50%, she went invulnerable and started regening. It seemed that we were stuck in a 50% endless loop. Is this a bug?

The only way we managed to bring her health below 50% was using the 4-1 sparks method, but that seems like a workaround rather the normal way of doing it.

Same thing here. I had my second attempt to beat Dwayna yesterday and no matter how hard we try, she always regen when her HP is at 50%, there is no period of time when she regens it’s just always at 50%. It also doesn’t help if your party is bunch of baby ragers who instead of listening to the strategy, are keep saying things like “OMG this is impossible” all the time and discouraging the party. And I had my lesson yesterday to never let anyone other than me open the dungeon, because guy who entered Arah just left party at Dwayna fight and all the progress vanished just like that, thanks to that stupid party system. I’m sad because Arah path 4 is all I need for my Dungeon Master Title.

The way I understand it, is you get her to 50% and she stealth + heals. Then once you get her to reappear by bringing sparks there’s a timer, something like 30seconds where she’ll stealth again, no matter what her life. She’ll heal again. If she gets BACK over 50% during this second stealth heal, she’ll stealth heal again at 50% once you’ve returned the sparks. If you keep her below 50% then it’s the timer mechanic again.

I’m not sure this is intended behaviour.

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Thing is ur ppl has to be at the sparks already when the sparks appear. That way it will give her less time to heal. And since one of the spark runner has to run, dps/heal/tear, that guy must be good. Really good.

(edited by Stridix.4260)

Posted by: Nurien.4136

Nurien.4136

Please keep in mine:

The 4-1 Spark thing shouldn’t be taken as a typical way to defeat her as it sounds more like an exploit of the script then intended design.

I agree. But if not using this, how do you get past the auto-heal at 50%?

Had a group that got past that using the 4-1, but then hit a similar plateau where she would go stealth at 25%, and 4-1 was not an option. (Yeah – not enough dps to burn her in one shot.)

I’d love to know how to do this the ‘right’ way without her automatically going back into stealth heal at 50%.

Any tips?

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

~9 second spark pull, good dps.

Auto invis is at 50%, after that initial one she goes invisible in set time intervals, again and again.

(edited by BUTTERBLUME.3217)

Posted by: Tyrion.8632

Tyrion.8632

The only groups I’ve been in who downed Dwayna were those who pounded her through her invisibility. You can’t do that anymore. Since then, the only groups I’ve seen down her are those who were lucky and she bugged behind some rock and made her not attack and not go invisible. It was essentially a free kill. Anyone beating Dwayna encounter legitimately got lucky by having the sparks go in to it’s spots without too much of a delay for her healing to be an issue. And that’s getting lucky, because the sparks rarely do as they’re supposed to.

So if you beat Dwayna, it’s not because your group is any more skilled than any other group, you just got lucky.

Agree

BUTTERBLUME.3217

The spark pull is not random if you actually ‘mastered’ it.

Posted by: Tyrion.8632

Tyrion.8632

The spark pull is not random if you actually ‘mastered’ it.

So how long do u think mastering theese orbs would take for a PUG group?

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Several hours of trying, depending on how fast people pick it up though. And I also stated somewhere before that I would not mind making the thing more PUG friendly

Posted by: LokiAlpha.8164

LokiAlpha.8164

I just spent 3 and a half hours doing this path(with no success). We had 2 warriors, 2 guardians, and a mesmer. The entire dungeon was a BREEZE compared to the last boss. It took us only an hour and a half to get to her.

That’s right. We spent TWO HOURS fighting her. And why did we fail? Because not all of us carry around a second set of DPS gear. That’s right, the ONLY way to beat this boss is if your entire party carries around a second set of Berserker’s gear to DPS her down so she can’t heal. The CLOSEST our group got was about 10% hp with 25 stacks of might on the entire party + mesmer time warp. This was ALSO after having used a bug with the wisps where you bring 4 wisps in, let her heal to full and come out of invis herself, and then DPS her down to 50%, and only have to bring one wisp in to break her out of the first stealth.

After she broke the first stealth, we got 25 stacks of might on the entire party, mesmer time warp, and dodged EVERY SINGLE PETRIFICATION she put on us. 10% hp, she stealths. We get the wisps in in reasonable time, and she’s up to ~30% hp. We DPS her for about 20 seconds, down to ~15%….stealth….up to 40% hp….rinse and repeat until she’s back above 50% hp.

This is BEYOND broken to even CONSIDER having your entire party carry an extra set of gear JUST for a single boss. I understand gear checks, but I seriously don’t understand gear checks for multiple sets of gear.

If your QA team really beat this, it was because they could easily switch their gear / traits that they don’t have to earn themselves. People have been complaining for months about this, and nothing has been done about it. I just recently stumbled upon the challenge, and it’s OBVIOUSLY broken.

In the mean time, I guess I’m going to have to invite the very very very very very few people who carry two types of gear on them for this one boss alone, until they decide to fix this.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I was able to do this path a few days ago. We wound up trying the 4-1 method from the start. But the party consisted of 2 Warriors (1 semi glass cannon, 1 tanky/support), 1 Guardian, 1 Necro, and 1 Thief. I think the only person who had main gear as berserkers was the thief, but everyone else wasn’t.

We couldn’t DPS her down in one go from 50% however, so there was a bit of spark management going on.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: LokiAlpha.8164

LokiAlpha.8164

1 Necro, and 1 Thief.

Sorry, we didn’t have poison to counter her heals. Thus making the fight impossible with our set up unless we had berserker’s.

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

I just spent 3 and a half hours doing this path(with no success). We had 2 warriors, 2 guardians, and a mesmer. The entire dungeon was a BREEZE compared to the last boss. It took us only an hour and a half to get to her.

I was one of the guardian with LokiAlpha in that run. We had the mechanic down to a tee with the sparks. We had pretty good DPS but it wasn’t enough. I don’t know what you need for this dungeon but it’s just horrible. We were plowing thru everything in the dungeon. I don’t think we even ported more than once from dying.

I’d say tuning down her regen by 20% would make a hell of a difference while keeping a lot of the challenge.

Her heal is insanely fast!

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

1 Necro, and 1 Thief.

Sorry, we didn’t have poison to counter her heals. Thus making the fight impossible with our set up unless we had berserker’s.

try dwayna again before posting next time. Poison no longer counters her heal cause she now become invulnerable to all damage of any time (including conditions) for about 2s before she goes invis and also during the entire time that she is invis. Even if you had the asura poison field on her during the invis, it would have 0 effect.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Simin isn’t the last boss in p4, there’s one more. I’ve done it couple of times each time with pulling sparks. You don’t need 4 warriors and mesmer unless you’re trying to dps her down from 50% to 0%. Step up your game and she takes 5 minutes tops. How long did it take you to kill lupi or alpha for the first time?

Poisoning her does zilch, nada. She heals from every condition when going stealth. Stop trying to think “DPS GOOD” and start running sparks. You need to do it in about 8-9 seconds.

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

Dwayna is fine from an MMO perspective in terms of difficulty. She’s been done with questionable tactics and also completely legit. You don’t need all warrior and a mesmer. She’s a very hard coordination check and a DPS check however the complaint should really be: “Dwayna is to hard for me” or “Dwayna is to serious for what an acceptable majority of GW2 players can handle.”

A lot of posts here claim the Dwayna forces people out of a play style: I don’t think “my playstyle” should be rigid enough to involve me never changing my 10 point traits for an encounter (or respecing even for the hardest dungeon boss) not switching utilities not swapping weapons not bringing good food and potions if you plan on clearing the hardest dungeon wing in the game.

Be flexible it takes a bit of learning and also a good attempt. I don’t think Dungeon Master should be handed out for free and just because some dungeons are easy doesn’t mean they all have to be.

Also as of the last time i checked (about a week or two ago) The petrify is 100% dodge rollable, I saw numerous replies in this thread claiming it wasn’t.

It’s a 100% completely optional wing of a dungeon that is acclaimed as being the hardest. Nothing is being blocked besides a prestige title that should be earn imo. Any nerfs will just lessen the victory when it’s finally achieved as it’s very possible now.

If it’s not dying in 2 hours of attempts doing the 4-1 wisp trick with 3 warriors and a timewarp regardless of gear the problem isn’t the difficulty. 4-1 makes it relatively straight forward and pretty much any class composition could manage it if they knew what they were doing. Swapping any of these slots or combination of : chest pants weapon will vastly relocate a majority of your stat points, albeit it won’t make much difference but it’s pretty much a whole stat overhaul. I don’t think carrying around a different weapon or a chest is so insanely difficult, it would cost just a couple of hours of farming straight from the TP.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Dwayna is fine from an MMO perspective in terms of difficulty. She’s been done with questionable tactics and also completely legit. You don’t need all warrior and a mesmer. She’s a very hard coordination check and a DPS check but the complaint should really be: “Dwayna is to hard for me” or “Dwayna is to serious to what enough of a majority of gw2 players can handle to be acceptable.”

I don’t think “my playstyle” should be rigid enough to involve me never changing my 10 point traits for an encounter (or respecing even for the hardest dungeon boss) not switching utilities not swapping weapons not bringing good food and potions if you plan on clearing the hardest dungeon wing in the game.

Be flexible it takes a bit of learning and also a good attempt. I don’t think Dungeon Master should be handed out for free and just because some dungeons are easy doesn’t mean they all have to be.

Also as of the last time i checked (about a week or two ago) The petrify is 100% dodge rollable, I saw numerous replies in this thread claiming it wasn’t.

I personally don’t mind the encounter all that much. It was a major pain in the rear the first time through, but honestly not that bad.

With one exception; it’s buggy. The sparks don’t leash into their homes as well as they should. If I walk directly through the center of an open space, and the spark follows me directly through the center of that same open space, it should lock in place. It doesn’t always. Then there’s the sparks randomly deciding, after they’ve been leashed, that they want to congregate in a single circle while you bring the last spark(s) in.

It could be argued she heals a bit too quickly now that she can’t be at all damaged while stealthed (which was a rather cheesy tactic to be fair). Anet didn’t need to make her invulnerable and increase her heal rate to circumvent that. One or the other would’ve served fine.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

I personally don’t mind the encounter all that much. It was a major pain in the rear the first time through, but honestly not that bad.

With one exception; it’s buggy. The sparks don’t leash into their homes as well as they should. If I walk directly through the center of an open space, and the spark follows me directly through the center of that same open space, it should lock in place. It doesn’t always. Then there’s the sparks randomly deciding, after they’ve been leashed, that they want to congregate in a single circle while you bring the last spark(s) in.

It could be argued she heals a bit too quickly now that she can’t be at all damaged while stealthed (which was a rather cheesy tactic to be fair). Anet didn’t need to make her invulnerable and increase her heal rate to circumvent that. One or the other would’ve served fine.

Agree a bit more control over the sparks and a little less heal would be more forgiving of all builds. Most likely it would be more in the spirit of what a lot of people believe GW2 is also to do that.

Where do you draw the line though: There should just be one spark and heal reduced by 90%, like a warm bottle of milk so every baby can get their Dungeon Master with minimal effort.

It’s also a wing many people have very little practice with and are mad when they can’t get it the first time. All the crying about Lupicus but for anyone that’s done a fair amount of Arah he’s not a threat at all, soloable even I guess. When FoTM came out many people were furious about the coordination required in swamp fractal.

For Integrity sake there is a line somewhere and if Dwayna is passed that line she’s not to far past it, unless everything should be mindless faceroll (2nd boss of CoE p2, last boss of CoF path 1, 80% of other bosses in the game etc. etc.)

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: Ereiz.2174

Ereiz.2174

Why do people keep saying that you have to master the sparks, anyone who has done this knows that the sparks do not work as they supposed to. Maybe everyone has used to exploiting through content that they think this is about “skill”. I agree even with sparks working dps check is quite high, but if sparks were working there would not be so much complaining.

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

A great boss along with lupicus, you’re just not very clever or didn’t have enough dps.
1st time I did it took a while as well but we tried several tactics untill we found a 100% easy one.
We all dps’d her next to the wall near the sparks, when she went invis 2 people ran the sparks and 3 kept dps’ing her as she was invis and poisoning her as much as possible, she never actually healed while being stealthed, her health stayed the same, was a perfect tactic imo. Great boss no need to complain, not anets fault your team was incompetent.

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

A great boss along with lupicus, you’re just not very clever or didn’t have enough dps.
1st time I did it took a while as well but we tried several tactics untill we found a 100% easy one.
We all dps’d her next to the wall near the sparks, when she went invis 2 people ran the sparks and 3 kept dps’ing her as she was invis and poisoning her as much as possible, she never actually healed while being stealthed, her health stayed the same, was a perfect tactic imo. Great boss no need to complain, not anets fault your team was incompetent.

This may have worked in the past but not now. She is totally invulnerable when she is invisible.

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Good job calling people dumb when you’re describing PRE PATCHED mechanics.

This doesn’t work anymore. Not very clever, are you?

Stridix.4260

So far I have seen the 4-1 method, 3-2 method. I have even seen all 5 grab a spark and pull it. But the last one takes a lot more coordination.

My team did 4-1 then dps her to 10% get sparks again, and dps her from around 40%?
Believe my party comp is 1 war, 2 thieves, ranger, and ele.

(edited by Stridix.4260)

haviz.1340

Imho, the way where all 5 grab sparks is intended. You got 5 members in party and 5 sparks.

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

I tried the 4-1 tactic 2 days ago it worked pretty well after like 5 fails with PUG’s… to bad the warrior and thief died and she started to regen @ 0% of HP + Sparks lost Aggro 4 times.. back to full HP….

We had 2Glasscannon Thieves, Warr and 2 mesmers…

They should really leave the Sparks… -_-

Reaper РAngųsh

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Why do people keep saying that you have to master the sparks, anyone who has done this knows that the sparks do not work as they supposed to. Maybe everyone has used to exploiting through content that they think this is about “skill”. I agree even with sparks working dps check is quite high, but if sparks were working there would not be so much complaining.

You can master the sparks, they are not as random as some people make believe.
And it is not about skill, the dungeon is easy and so is obtaining the dungeon master title.

pdfrod.1948

It’s getting harder and harder to find a group to do this path. The few groups that are doing this, don’t want to take me along because I’m a Guardian and can’t DPS as much as other classes

Sera.6539

It’s getting harder and harder to find a group to do this path. The few groups that are doing this, don’t want to take me along because I’m a Guardian and can’t DPS as much as other classes

That’s most likely the way you built your character. Though forcing players to go a certain amount of DPS seems questionable on ANet’s part. The guardian I went with had about 3400 base attack, and as far as I know, he didn’t use berserker gear. It was more than my warrior’s which is 3100 ish. My own guardian has 2899 base, but with the way that the boons work in my build, the might stacks get me up to ~3200+. I would say 3000 is at least the bare minimum you should hope to achieve.

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

The base attack doesn’t really help you alot… My Necro got 3488 base Attack and about 3800 with nourishments and the damage is not comparable at all to my thief who got 3300 atk

Reaper РAngųsh

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Why are people still doing these dungeons at all? The rewards are really poor, they take way too long, and are frustrating as hell. Currently nothing about them is any fun, especially Arah is pure torture. There are so many other elements of the game that are more enjoyable. Is it the challenge? Is it the armor?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

haviz.1340

Why are people still doing these dungeons at all? The rewards are really poor, they take way too long, and are frustrating as hell. Currently nothing about them is any fun, especially Arah is pure torture. There are so many other elements of the game that are more enjoyable. Is it the challenge? Is it the armor?

Because some people find them easy?

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Because they don’t take long, the rewards are really good if you know how to speed run them, and they are the most fun part of PvE currently. I’ve probably done 500+ dungeon runs by now and still have fun grouping up with friends/guildies and just random dungeons every night while messing around. Half the time we just troll each other now.

Other then fractals and dungeons there’s nothing else to do in PvE.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Sera.6539

The base attack doesn’t really help you alot… My Necro got 3488 base Attack and about 3800 with nourishments and the damage is not comparable at all to my thief who got 3300 atk

If people say Simin is a DPS check/requires a lot of DPS, I would imagine having some sort of bare minimum/recommended base attack will be helpful. However, if you are a condition based character, then obviously a base attack damage won’t apply to you. Rather a base condition damage instead.

If base attack/condition damage doesn’t help, then what are you doing damage with?

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

Just finished this today after many attempts and I’d have to say there is some key profession requirements to do so…for example a mesmer. The dps required almost can only come from a timewarp. This seems really counter to AN manifesto.

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Still wondering why people think a high dps is required for this boss after I gave a couple of tips on the first two pages.
The only thing that’s needed is coordination to run the sparks faster than she heals then repeat until she’s dead.

You don’t need warriors, time warps or whatever.
5 guys (or 4 if one is petrified) aggro the sparks and place them asap, it takes a few seconds, and you get her down little by little.

There’s no need for specific classes or build required but the higher your dps, the more time you have to place the sparks.

(edited by Krag.6210)

souless.1935

bugs are bugs and speaking as if they do not exist does not change the bugginess of the spark run. If you want a CONSISTENT finish of this level, DPS, timewarps, etc.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Because it’s fun? Nothing else in PvE is even remotely challenging.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Stridix.4260

High dps isn’t a requirement, but sure opens up a lot more options.
Ex like my friend told me earlier today he finished Simin with 4 wars and 1 Mesmer. Basically just dps it from 55% using 4-1 spark method.
And I replied “if u didn’t finished it then that has gotta be a fail”

Krag.6210

bugs are bugs and speaking as if they do not exist does not change the bugginess of the spark run. If you want a CONSISTENT finish of this level, DPS, timewarps, etc.

I’m sorry but I fail to see which bugs you guys are talking about.
Otherwise, we wouldn’t be able to do TEN PERFECT spark runs one after another to beat her.

Aggro them and drag them over their slot, the area where you place them is even larger than the visible circle.

haviz.1340

I’m sorry but I fail to see which bugs you guys are talking about.
Otherwise, we wouldn’t be able to do TEN PERFECT spark runs one after another to beat her.

Aggro them and drag them over their slot, the area where you place them is even larger than the visible circle.

He’s talking about most people’s inability to pull sparks properly

That’s why you see posts about necessity to have 3-4 warriors and mesmer with timewarp in that encounter.

souless.1935

Congratulations on your capability to complete it by pulling sparks properly, that is your pat on the back. While you are congratulating yourself read upwards about all the people who have encountered issues having them slot into where they need to go, having issues drawing aggro, etc, etc, then count up the number of posts that have had no issues with the DPS. After that come to the hard realization that more people are suggesting DPS and of those people they are all successful by that method, have failed by others organized or non organized methods and see that consistently that is the easiest option people are arriving to to complete the path.

No one is saying pulling sparks is not possible but EVERYONE is saying that the DPS method is FAR easier. No one is stopping anyone from patting themselves on the back, by all means go ahead…but that does not change my comment and the accuracy of it.

Rewinding and playing back statements that pulling sparks is achievable is a waste of your energy. If you want to do this CONSISTENTLY and not worry about the quirks of the design of this mission of which we all are saying exist, plan to bring DPS. You will overcome the design 10 times out of 10 by de-weighting your requirements to pull and bypassing any issues you would have doing so and on top of that you can run the sparks the right way if you like pats.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

haviz.1340

Congratulations on your capability to complete it by pulling sparks properly, that is your pat on the back. While you are congratulating yourself read upwards about all the people who have encountered issues having them slot into where they need to go, having issues drawing aggro, etc, etc, then count up the number of posts that have had no issues with the DPS. After that come to the hard realization that more people are suggesting DPS and of those people they are all successful by that method, have failed by others organized or non organized methods and see that consistently that is the easiest option people are arriving to to complete the path.

No one is saying pulling sparks is not possible but EVERYONE is saying that the DPS method is FAR easier. No one is stopping anyone from patting themselves on the back, by all means go ahead…but that does not change my comment and the accuracy of it.

Rewinding and playing back statements that pulling sparks is achievable is a waste of your energy. If you want to do this CONSISTENTLY and not worry about the quirks of the design of this mission of which we all are saying exist, plan to bring DPS. You will overcome the design 10 times out of 10 by de-weighting your requirements to pull and bypassing any issues you would have doing so and on top of that you can run the sparks the right way if you like pats.

DPS method is obviously not how anet wants players to do it. Their latest fix confirms that.

Krag.6210

Bullkitten, 3/4 of the posts are about “specific classes and build required” or “bugged sparks” or whatever.
The so called “DPS method” is an exploit and it’s harder to pull off than simply running the sparks yet everyone and their mother complain that the boss is hard because they can’t beat her with the dps method. It’s also not a “consistent” method since I can’t do it with any class/build.

Next time, bring your dps guys and follow the REAL method, it should be easy peasy and give you way more time than needed for the sparks, if you can’t beat her like that, you’d better give up. That’s my final tip for those who are desperate.

I bring my guildmates and friends two times a week in there for their title and we had zero unsucessful run so far so don’t tell me the real method is unreliable.

I agree some tweaks are needed, but you wouldn’t know about them since you’re just using the lame kitten method.

(edited by Krag.6210)

Posted by: Kris.1895

Kris.1895

It is impossible to finish. I’ve just wasted 6 hrs! SIX F!#$ING HOURS, half a day with a PUG team and STILL wasn’t able to kill that kitten. It’s just too kittening hard, you MUST fix it. I’m about to puke…

Posted by: Kailden.5943

Kailden.5943

Same run as Kris, joined their group after they got to Dwayna. We tried and tried. We had to literaly EXPLOIT the kitten just to get her to 5% and it was still not enough. She just laughed and got back to 4o% by the time I got the sparks in.

ArenaNet can keep this confounded dungeon. Not going to take another step in that gods forsaken place until I see some tune ups in the following patch notes.

(edited by Kailden.5943)

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Ditto. Wasted 6 hours and we had a sweet pug. All first timers. Played as intended without cutting corners. 0 deaths all through up to Dwayna where we were unable to drop her health below 30%. What a waste of our precious time!

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

I agree that Dwayna is far to RNG with her annoying spark adds. I just finished this path yesterday with about 2 hours at Dwayna (so my experience isn’t as terrible as some others) but I would much rather see Dwayna tuned down and the bloodstone final boss tuned way up.

For example, make it so 1 spark spawns on every person and never changes aggro. This way everyone is more involved than just the 2 runners (and makes it so the person who is constantly stoned would need quick tears on him). Then they would also have to reduce her insane regen speed.

Then they could make the bloodstone boss have the mechanics from the previous bosses slowly build up in phases (rather than just having a couple which randomly switch). Have it be like:
Phase 1 (100%-80%): Balthazar’s Meteor
Phase 2 (79%-60%): " " + Melandru’s trees and poison things
Phase 3 (59%-40%): " " + Lyssa clones
Phase 4 (39%-20%): " " + Dwayna Petrification
Phase 5 (19%-0%): " " + Grenth’s Debuff and Wraiths

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

souless.1935

DPS method is obviously not how anet wants players to do it. Their latest fix confirms that.

AN does not want Simin to be dps’d while stealth. I did no such thing nor am I suggesting that to any players, what I am suggesting is post patch and consistent. There is nothing illegal or exploitive about 4.1 and DPS and AN’s latest fix does nothing to counter that statement whether AN intended 4.1 to be an option or not. They obviously did not intend for Simin to heal as fast as she did so players have improvised.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

souless.1935

Bullkitten, 3/4 of the posts are about “specific classes and build required” or “bugged sparks” or whatever.

The so called “DPS method” is an exploit and it’s harder to pull off than simply running the sparks yet everyone and their mother complain that the boss is hard because they can’t beat her with the dps method. It’s also not a “consistent” method since I can’t do it with any class/build.

If you don’t want to look above you can always look below your post for those that would agree.

It’s consistency is in using the methodology of bringing high dps builds/classes and dpsing her, I don’t think that is complicated to understand this…seems like you are trying to make it complicated.

Dps’ing is not an exploit. Class mechanics are not exploits. Dps’ing is a tactic and that is the tactic I’m suggesting will work for most people with 4.1 whether AN intended that be the primary way to beat the path or not. Only AN at this point can declare 4.1 as an ‘exploit’ rather then a tactic but as a tactic it is pretty sound and as an ‘exploit’ I would bet even AN would not declare it such and just say it was not the primary way the path was intended to be completed. They can go about fixing the heal problems that led to people using ingenuity to pass it anyways.

I’m not the only one to complete the path that way and it took some puzzle solving to come up with a method to beat her given the circumstances by a collective of players, instead of saddling up on the high horse accept there is two methods of completion and leave it at that until AN says one is not legit and save some bull kittens.

Also read my OP. I eluded to the fact that the high DPS method doesn’t seem to be a manifesto intention but it is what it is and it wouldn’t be the first part of the game that has strategies employed that skew off the manifesto. That it favors a timewarp for increasing dps is just what it is. I see people up here saying they have done it without timewarp as well.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

pdfrod.1948

After failing multiple times, and spending hours and hours on this boss, I finally pulled it off today with a PuGs group. From my experience these are the keys to bring her down:
- Excellent sparks run
- DPS

Even if you made a perfect sparks run, your DPS needs to be at least high enough to counter the amount of health she regenerated, before she stealths again. So yeah this boss fight is all about DPS too. And the more DPS you have, the higher your chances of success.

Posted by: doenerfritze.2648

doenerfritze.2648

Thanks for more then 8 hours wasted in this crap (switched multiple team mates, classes, tactics…. done sparks in ~10s… and I was the only one, who didn’t already finished path 4)! I suggest you to switch your QA team completely. Most of the things they confirm are completely bugged or way too easy… and then we have SE path1, which isn’t doable without certain classes or a trick, that isn’t by design (aoe killing the golem from another safepoint)… and… this one. Look into this, NOW! I don’t want another hatchery bug. Not speaking about the shadow behemoth, which is buggy since release!