Arah is easy! Do not be afraid to do them.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I never said anything the damage professions do. Main thing about pug groups are about staying alive in my opinion. Some have better utility skills than others. Why use professions with less resources compared to others like warriors, guardians, and mesmer?

Most people don’t like necromancers, engineers, or rangers because they don’t have much to offer. It’s not always about the damage they do.

You really need to broaden your understanding of the classes, then.

You don’t even make sense. Keep believing every class is equal.

I’m not saying that every class is equal. Warriors don’t have Spotter and Frost Spirit. I make perfect sense, you just aren’t able to understand it, and that is probably due to a willful ignorance.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

I never said anything the damage professions do. Main thing about pug groups are about staying alive in my opinion. Some have better utility skills than others. Why use professions with less resources compared to others like warriors, guardians, and mesmer?

Most people don’t like necromancers, engineers, or rangers because they don’t have much to offer. It’s not always about the damage they do.

I’m not saying that every class is equal. Warriors don’t have Spotter and Frost Spirit. I make perfect sense, you just aren’t able to understand it, and that is probably due to a willful ignorance.

Why are you always trying to change the topic from utility skills so you can look right? Can’t you accept some professions have better pve utilities than others? You also have issues with warriors because I mention warriors/guardians/mesmers but you only mention warriors. I think you should roll a warrior, since you think about them so much.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Aw this is cute.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: DivineSlayer.5039

DivineSlayer.5039

Why are you always trying to change the topic from utility skills so you can look right? Can’t you accept some professions have better pve utilities than others? You also have issues with warriors because I mention warriors/guardians/mesmers but you only mention warriors. I think you should roll a warrior, since you think about them so much.

Every class brings something to the table, except maybe necro’s, but they still deal around the same dps as all of the other classes.Therefore every class has its uses.

[DnT] Thief Main

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

This is a dungeon I run very rarely. I don’t have guild mates that do any dungeon content. I can burn through dungeon tour on the other dungeons with a “Please Read: Speed Only” advert but when it comes to Arah I just have not done it often enough to post something like that.

So the options are either 1) People who have never run and it will take 2 hours, 2) Get lucky with a decent group, 3) Not really an option but more an observation – a lot of the LFGs are just path sellers

To the OPs point, maybe folks are not really so scared of this but rather avoid it as an inconvenience. It’s a weird catch 22; I may not know the dungeon well enough for a speed runner but it is too slow running it with the poorly geared players you find in “First time evar” runs.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I actually do have a Warrior. You can watch me play it here

You can also watch our 5 Rangers VS Lupicus here

All classes do similar damage and all classes bring utilities that are useful. People like to hate on Necros because they see a bad one in a pug and because they don’t have reflects, but there are plenty of situations where they are useful.

Brazil

Posted by: Factotum.2093

Factotum.2093

Every class brings something to the table, except maybe necro’s

Competent necromancers provide interrupts, a lot of AoE damage, a lot of AoE healing, and possibly the best “ohbugger!” skill in the game (plague with the blind skill).

Incompetent necromancers provide a ton of uncontrollable minions that mess up every pull and make everyone else in the party wish they were dead, until they realize the necro would probably just bring them back as a minion and make things even worse.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Problem with necros is that even if their dps is on par with any other class the minimal utility they provide can be done by other classes like blinds by thieves and guards, reflects by guards and mesmers,vuln by engis etc. The “AoE damage” necros provide is a joke and I won’t even discuss “AoE healing”. Maybe weakness but I heard that got nerfed or something.

Also dagger is mandatory and it doesn’t cleave so they’re not so useful in killing silver thrash.
But the most important reason for the necro hate is that most of them are the equivalent of the archetipal bearbow but with conditions and it breaks my heart when i see them afk with staff auto. At least the staff guards are closer to meele so they don’t ruin pulls while being just as useless.
Don’t get me started with the random fear.

(edited by robertul.3679)

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

then i have to tell you, if you have never seen a true necro player you can’t judge.
i do more damage then a team can, i even kill champs on my own while other profs need a team to do the same.
i heal, support, do massive DPS and even take down whole groups almost blindfolded.

again, you can talk bad about necro’s but you can’t judge, they are actually one of the most powerful in AOE DPS and support.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

then i have to tell you, if you have never seen a true necro player you can’t judge.
i do more damage then a team can, i even kill champs on my own while other profs need a team to do the same.
i heal, support, do massive DPS and even take down whole groups almost blindfolded.

again, you can talk bad about necro’s but you can’t judge, they are actually one of the most powerful in AOE DPS and support.

every profession can kill lupicus alone. problem?

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Except for NoTrigger. He dies against Lupi as a guardian because he lags

Today I did it again with Pick-ups, while having a 3 guildies base. It went quite well. We even had this mesmer who first-timed after having watched strife’s guides. He did wonders.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

NoTrigger.8396

i didnt lag, the server did!

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

BUT all the professions have different time kills. That’s the problem, well actually, it means some professions are better. ;p

Posted by: DivineSlayer.5039

DivineSlayer.5039

BUT all the professions have different time kills. That’s the problem, well actually, it means some professions are better. ;p

Some professions are better in a solo setting than others. That doesnt mean some professions are better.

[DnT] Thief Main

NoTrigger.8396

huehuehue

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Elementalists are best.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

huehuehue

BR?

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I know how you did it. And there’s really nothing to brag about with soloing path 2 because you can literally AFK all of the bosses and take no damage.

Don’t assume anything, I didn’t skip any of the bosses or use any safe spots to afk them. I still won’t say that this was an incredibly impressive achievement but the point still stands that eles can easily hold their own in Arah.

Do you mind if I see your solo video?

Part 1 of 3 because I am slow and didn’t much worry about time, and because I wanted to keep my first lupi solo in its own video. Other 2 parts can be found on my channel.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I know how you did it. And there’s really nothing to brag about with soloing path 2 because you can literally AFK all of the bosses and take no damage.

Don’t assume anything, I didn’t skip any of the bosses or use any safe spots to afk them. I still won’t say that this was an incredibly impressive achievement but the point still stands that eles can easily hold their own in Arah.

Do you mind if I see your solo video?

Part 1 of 3 because I am slow and didn’t much worry about time, and because I wanted to keep my first lupi solo in its own video. Other 2 parts can be found on my channel.

Attachments:

Brazil

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Elementalists are best.

Whoops.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.