Ascalonian Tears

Ascalonian Tears

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ZtriDer.9573

ZtriDer.9573

Who tought up the price of items for Ascalonian Tears must have been drinking.

A run in exploration mode will take you, if you are lucky, about 2h. With a guild and good geared and skilled people, 1h+++

The instance it self is not the problem, the problme is the pricing of the gear that you can use Ascalonian Tears to buy.
Let me show you.

Before I do the quick math, you gain about a LvL+ pr run you do.

If you want to save all the Ascalonian Tearsbuy you get to buy a full set at lvL 60.

Now for the math:
2 weapons: 300 + 300 = 600.
Head: 180
Shoulders: 160
Chest: 260
hands: 180
Leggs: 240
Feet: 180

That is 1200 Ascalonian Tears before adding the weapon. That requires you to do 40 runs to get 1200 Ascalonian Tears. 40 runs and about 45 LvLs.

Sooooo….35 + 45 = 80….. Who in the living daylight would use Lvl 60 gear at Lvl 80? it is totally useless becaose gear is being downgraded when you are downgraded. Using Lvl 60 gear then will be as effecve as using LvL 25 gear in the explorer instance.

No one will ever want to get a full set of this. This is really bad.

You can get them to use the look later on? Have you looked at it? The looks of it is terrible compared to other sets you will get later on. The necromancer set is so bad that I would change the look at ones if i ever got it.

If it was account bound I would understand the price, but not souldbound.

And the LvL 35 gear you can get, why are they not a set?

Lost where no man has been lost before!

Ascalonian Tears

Posted by: knightfall.2584

knightfall.2584

Sooooo….35 + 45 = 80….. Who in the living daylight would use Lvl 60 gear at Lvl 80?

I think the gear that you get from this is meant to be aesthetic, meaning, that once you hit 80, and assuming you like the look of the gear, you can transmogrify your lvl 80 set with it. This could be wrong, and if so I have no idea why lvl 60 gear would require that much grinding.

Ascalonian Tears

ZtriDer.9573

Sooooo….35 + 45 = 80….. Who in the living daylight would use Lvl 60 gear at Lvl 80?

I think the gear that you get from this is meant to be aesthetic, meaning, that once you hit 80, and assuming you like the look of the gear, you can transmogrify your lvl 80 set with it. This could be wrong, and if so I have no idea why lvl 60 gear would require that much grinding.

I would say you are wrong because the astetic look on the gear is so plain and boring that no one would use it at LvL 80. Just go and take a look for youre self. The light armor looks sooo bad. Even my “yellow” lvl 46 gear looks way better.

And if it was just for the astetic looks, why does it have really nice LvL 60 stats? Stats that you never will be able to use because when you can afford the gear, you out LvL it by 20 LvLs.

And lets say you are able to do the runs in 1h 30min. Then you are doing really good speedruns with people who knows what they are doing. That is about 68 houres. In 1 dungeon.

They really need to tweek the prices. I understand that they dont want to give you gear for free, but…. What did you get out of the instance in the 1st place? The 1st explorer run I did I got nothing, nada, zero, ingenting, ni?, nanimonaim, loot/gear that I could use for necromancer. I only got trash, medium or heavy armor, or weapons that I could not use. And the 30 Ascalonnian tears to save up to for something that is useless.

Ascalonian Tears

Posted by: SeedsOfYggdrasil.6315

SeedsOfYggdrasil.6315

There’s a second tab which has level 80 armor with unique skins.

Go look again.

That being said, the prices on that are EVEN WORSE. If you thought that Guild Wars 1 had end-game grind, just wait until you run the same dungeon 72 times to complete a SINGLE suit of special armor. Imagine the repair costs and time not-spent ACTUALLY HAVING FUN with the game. Utterly ridiculous.

Ascalonian Tears

Posted by: tuuttuut.2958

tuuttuut.2958

I’d hate to sound like a boob, but you need to play with better people. My guild, which consists of average guys who do like to put in a little effort, can do an Ascalon Catacombs Expl run in about 20-35 minutes.

Also, to the poster above me. Ascalon Catacombs provides level 60 gear, not 80 gear.

Ascalonian Tears

ZtriDer.9573

I’d hate to sound like a boob, but you need to play with better people. My guild, which consists of average guys who do like to put in a little effort, can do an Ascalon Catacombs Expl run in about 20-35 minutes.

Also, to the poster above me. Ascalon Catacombs provides level 60 gear, not 80 gear.

I would guess you are not LvL 40 if you do that instance in 20 minuts. I would guess 70 or 80?

Ascalonian Tears

Posted by: Nuadu.4590

Nuadu.4590

There’s a second tab which has level 80 armor with unique skins.

Go look again.

That being said, the prices on that are EVEN WORSE. If you thought that Guild Wars 1 had end-game grind, just wait until you run the same dungeon 72 times to complete a SINGLE suit of special armor. Imagine the repair costs and time not-spent ACTUALLY HAVING FUN with the game. Utterly ridiculous.

Not for the first 2 dungeons, the max level of that gear is 60 and 70.
And i agree, while it may be a matter of taste, the sets of that 2 instanzes( and for medium armor, everyone else but CoF) are ugly. Even my Carrion green gear looks way better. So its no reason to grind them for transmutation, maybe crafting material is unique and useful, never looked into that. But even then it would be pathetic.

That whole thing is just…ridiculous.

I’m amazed by this, because there is much in this game i thought “why didnt somewhere else came up with this before, its awesome”, and then there are such absurd things.

(edited by Nuadu.4590)

Ascalonian Tears

Posted by: Dotimus.7096

Dotimus.7096

Ascalonian Tears are probably not so tedious to get for the Armor/Weps. They are probably more tedious for the fact that you can buy a Gift of Ascalon with them for 500 Tears. This is a piece of crafting components for the Legendary Weapons Sunrise and Twilight. As a matter of fact, I’m sure all dungeons give currency that could be use to buy Legendary crafting components.

Dotimus Prime
High Grade Gaming
Guild Master

Ascalonian Tears

Posted by: Nuadu.4590

Nuadu.4590

Ascalonian Tears are probably not so tedious to get for the Armor/Weps. They are probably more tedious for the fact that you can buy a Gift of Ascalon with them for 500 Tears. This is a piece of crafting components for the Legendary Weapons Sunrise and Twilight. As a matter of fact, I’m sure all dungeons give currency that could be use to buy Legendary crafting components.

As i said, if thats the only useful thing that a vendor(s) has to offer, its scanty.

(edited by Nuadu.4590)

Ascalonian Tears

Posted by: Zinkey.6983

Zinkey.6983

I dont understand what all the complaints are about…if you havent been there before and have a group for level 35-40ish players then yeah, 2h+ run with repair bills is probable. If you are 80 and farming either the tears for gear skins (nobody would farm at 60 for item stats) or farming for legendaries; all runs are possible in about 30 mins, without wipes. This means no repair bill, ~50-75s a run along with 30 tears for first complete. Over the course of a week 2-3 runs a day with my semi casual guild I farmed a couple gold to spend on exotic crafts and enough tears for the GS skin.

Its not that ridiculous. The point of the token gear from dungeons is that you invest time into it to get unique skins that arent that common. If you are leveling, whats the point in farming for gear that you will replace? As far as I see AC explorable is one of the best balanced dungeons for difficulty. Possible to run efficiently, and not silly like CoF path 2.

Ascalonian Tears

ZtriDer.9573

A week, 2-3 runs a day…. that gives you 630Tears. That is just half the tears that you need.
To make it in a week, you need to do 6 runs a day for a week.

“Normal” players are lucky to be playing 2 houres a day. There are not so many so called “hard core players” who playes for 6-12 hours a day playing the game.

For some reason I dont see you do ACe in 20 minuts. Please post a video on youtube showing the whole run.
I can belive that you can do it in an houre, but not less, unless you are lvl 80 alredy.
Try do that ACe in 30 min with LvL 35 people, prove that you are that good.

Do you really belive that they made that armor set just so you can get a new skin at LvL 80 with no intention that anyone would use it before? Why the set-bonuses at all then?
The gear where made to be used or it would not be made as it is with stats acording to level and set bonuses.

But no matter how you look at it, the time it takes for you to get the amouont of tears you need to buy all the gear, and the xp you get on the way from it, you are lvl 80.
And no, you will not buy that gear for the looks. I guess you have not looked at it yett so do that. They are ugly. Not in a “cool” ugly way. They are simply just terrible bad designed.

Ascalonian Tears

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

I’m pretty sure I clear the Ghost Eater path in 30 minutes, and that’s with my 3 other guild members and myself carrying a level 31 Thief who died on just about every pull. I have no idea where you are getting these 1+ hour minimums from with good players. Even the other wings when I first did them took no longer than 1-1.5 hours and we had no idea what was going on.

Also, even in the BWE when we were all level 40-50ish and the dungeon was A LOT harder than it is now (particularly the Ghost Eater path) we were able to clear it in just about an hour, at level 80 it’s a 30 minute snooze-fest for a quick 20-30 tokens and 28 silver (before vendor/salvage).

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

Ascalonian Tears

Posted by: jerrypcjr.6489

jerrypcjr.6489

I hate to ask this… but where are the Dungeon Vendors located? I skimmed though the center areas of Lion’s Arch and was not able to find any. Also, does anyone know the vendor’s name(s)? Unfortunately as far as I can tell, there is no information on this in the wiki or existing forums.

Thank you in advance!

Ascalonian Tears

ZtriDer.9573

I hate to ask this… but where are the Dungeon Vendors located? I skimmed though the center areas of Lion’s Arch and was not able to find any. Also, does anyone know the vendor’s name(s)? Unfortunately as far as I can tell, there is no information on this in the wiki or existing forums.

Thank you in advance!

If I am not mistaking, they are on the Parad ground in the “southern” part of Lion’s Arch.

Ascalonian Tears

Posted by: jerrypcjr.6489

jerrypcjr.6489

I found the answer to my own question. I’ve updated the GW2 Wiki with the correct information. The Dungeon Vendors are just north of the Asura Gates used for city travel in Lion’s Arch; I’ve circled the location on the attached screenshot.

Good Luck All…

Attachments: