Balance Changes That Would Improve Raids

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

New might stacker only addresses PS. We’d still have Druid and Chrono as mandatory slots in both subgroups.

for chrono what nike said does the trick a quickness generator with higher personal dps while for druid well.. rework or nerf gotl

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

New might stacker only addresses PS. We’d still have Druid and Chrono as mandatory slots in both subgroups.

Every Revenant Has His Day

• Shared Empowerment no longer has an ICD and only triggers on boons you apply to yourself.
  • Impossible Odds now pulses quickness to you and up to 4 nearby allies.
  • Impossible Odds now only has -7 upkeep.
  • Ventari’s tablet now pulses 2s of alacrity on up to 5 nearby allies without requiring Natural Harmony to be cast.
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

zealex.9410

or idk introduce new mightstacker on expac 2 and uhm remove all the stat buff traits ^^

Just remove the ICD on Shared Empowerment on Herald, make it only take effect on boons you apply to yourself, and you could see one this expansion pack.

what does shared empowerment does on herald? isn’t buffing herald gonna make it eevn more must for the class to work properly? I would suggest buffing sword 2 and 3 dmg and remove the energy cost from weapons

zealex.9410

• Shared Empowerment no longer has an ICD and only triggers on boons you apply to yourself.
  • Ventari’s tablet now pulses 2s of alacrity on up to 5 nearby allies without requiring Natural Harmony to be cast.

it still triggers me how the tablet doest give gotl and instead they went with alacrity

Rising Dusk.2408

what does shared empowerment does on herald? isn’t buffing herald gonna make it eevn more must for the class to work properly? I would suggest buffing sword 2 and 3 dmg and remove the energy cost from weapons

Shared Empowerment applies might to nearby allies whenever you apply a boon with a 1 second ICD. The 1 second ICD coupled with the duration of the might currently limits Herald to about 13 stacks of sustained might. If they got rid of the ICD and made it only apply when you applied a boon to yourself, voila, you can now supply 25 stacks of might to your subgroup.

Coupled with a few other choice team support changes (as I listed above), Herald could be a competing force with Chronomancer and one of your two PS Warriors.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think eventually people are going to have to move away from the whole “designated buffer” mentality that they currently have before we can progress forward much more from here. And ANet is moving towards that way in my opinion.

Take Ventari Rev getting alacrity, its a step in the right direction. No, it does not replace Chrono. However, it could substitute as a source of alacrity if no chronos were available (with a few tweaks to still allow it to deal reasonable damage, at least at the chrono tanks level). Similarly, if the next elite specs bring out someone that can provide a reasonable uptime on quickness, not 100% though, while still providing other utility (whether damage or something else), then both ventari Rev and this new spec could together replace the group utility that a chrono would provide. With good design, the two of them together on the group would also provide more overall utiltiy than a chrono does, so effectively you could take chrono for a single slot to provide both alacrity and quickness, or you could use 2 slots to get almost the same amount of quickness and alacrity uptime (but not 100%) but with more other utility (again, whether its damage, healing, or something else).

zealex.9410

Shared Empowerment applies might to nearby allies whenever you apply a boon with a 1 second ICD. The 1 second ICD coupled with the duration of the might currently limits Herald to about 13 stacks of sustained might. If they got rid of the ICD and made it only apply when you applied a boon to yourself, voila, you can now supply 25 stacks of might to your subgroup.

Coupled with a few other choice team support changes (as I listed above), Herald could be a competing force with Chronomancer and one of your two PS Warriors.

i have seen revs go up to 18 stacks of might might even be 22-23 stacks with condi rev

zealex.9410

I think eventually people are going to have to move away from the whole “designated buffer” mentality that they currently have before we can progress forward much more from here. And ANet is moving towards that way in my opinion.

Take Ventari Rev getting alacrity, its a step in the right direction. No, it does not replace Chrono. However, it could substitute as a source of alacrity if no chronos were available (with a few tweaks to still allow it to deal reasonable damage, at least at the chrono tanks level). Similarly, if the next elite specs bring out someone that can provide a reasonable uptime on quickness, not 100% though, while still providing other utility (whether damage or something else), then both ventari Rev and this new spec could together replace the group utility that a chrono would provide. With good design, the two of them together on the group would also provide more overall utiltiy than a chrono does, so effectively you could take chrono for a single slot to provide both alacrity and quickness, or you could use 2 slots to get almost the same amount of quickness and alacrity uptime (but not 100%) but with more other utility (again, whether its damage, healing, or something else).

they could do away with having a class giving 100% quickness and have higher personal dmg i dont get why you are against the idea of anoter class doing quickness as good as chrono

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

or idk introduce new mightstacker on expac 2 and uhm remove all the stat buff traits ^^

Just remove the ICD on Shared Empowerment on Herald, make it only take effect on boons you apply to yourself, and you could see one this expansion pack.

Or remove the ICD on crit might stack from guards… either way really.

Rising Dusk.2408

Sure, I guess I just think Revenant needs the love a lot more than Guardians right now.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Sure, I guess I just think Revenant needs the love a lot more than Guardians right now.

Except that stupid trait for Guardian has existed since this game has come out and it triggers me every time I see it. Originally when I saw that trait I thought of making a build using sword (auto hits more than other autos and #3 hits 8 times very quickly) and that trait before I know about the cooldown. It would have provided might to the group as well as a lot of blinds to keep people alive. Then I find out about the cooldown and that build went down the drain. For the buffing support class, Guardian doesn’t do a whole lot of buffing or support.

zealex.9410

Except that stupid trait for Guardian has existed since this game has come out and it triggers me every time I see it. Originally when I saw that trait I thought of making a build using sword (auto hits more than other autos and #3 hits 8 times very quickly) and that trait before I know about the cooldown. It would have provided might to the group as well as a lot of blinds to keep people alive. Then I find out about the cooldown and that build went down the drain. For the buffing support class, Guardian doesn’t do a whole lot of buffing or support.

guard has buffing just not in the way you are looking for

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

a) strong, controlled damage. Chill yourself (with deathly chill on), get chill + 3 bleed stacks. Transfer that, cause additional 3 stacks of bleed from chilling the enemy and end up with 2x the bleeds! No combo field issues, no need for enemies to cast it (to transfer it off allies or getting chilled yourself).

You really don’t want this.

Firstly self chilling means that your cooldowns are getting increased, which is going to wreck your dps. Secondly it means you’re applying a 66% movement speed redux to yourself which means that you will struggle with any mobility mechanic.

Third if you’re transfer fails or is delayed you’re going to be eating a lot of damage especially since you’d also have the BiP condis on you.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

a) strong, controlled damage. Chill yourself (with deathly chill on), get chill + 3 bleed stacks. Transfer that, cause additional 3 stacks of bleed from chilling the enemy and end up with 2x the bleeds! No combo field issues, no need for enemies to cast it (to transfer it off allies or getting chilled yourself).

You really don’t want this.

Firstly self chilling means that your cooldowns are getting increased, which is going to wreck your dps. Secondly it means you’re applying a 66% movement speed redux to yourself which means that you will struggle with any mobility mechanic.

Third if you’re transfer fails or is delayed you’re going to be eating a lot of damage especially since you’d also have the BiP condis on you.

Oh, but i do! Here’s why:

a) risk vs reward – as you said transfer can fail, but what if it does work it’s 2x the bleeds off one chill (given it’s self inflicted).

b) you don’t want to wait forever with the transfer – the chill induced bleeds are 10s at best – obviously it’s dumb to try to keep them on you for longer, so you’ll want to get rid of them fast, along with chill itself.

c) better then chill field that is overrriden all the time, or spinning cleansing bolts (hi guardians!)

d) party play with reve – you may not have resistance, but he can give you some (and eat your condies to power his mallyx dps (both condi and power). Sure your personal damage might not spike then, since he’ll be doing the transfer (and get GotL sorta buff himself for having condies on himself) but in the end the boss does eat the damage and you suffer 0 conseqences in such scenario. That move would ofc require buffing mallyx reve though especially how many condies he can pull at a time with his condi transfer off allies.

Both necro and reve are the raid underdogs, so I would very much like to see some real dps potential introduced if the two work together. With small adjustments to Mallyx stance and necro’s self-condi potential there is a huge synergy to be had!

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

That wouldn’t do much since you’d be taking shiro/ventari which means you don’t pulse heavy boons like Herald which means…shared empowerment only does so much. Then when you swap out of either legend you don’t get either quickness or alacrity.

I also have a feeling that the build would do very little damage since all your energy would go towards ‘buffs’.

They just need to rework rev completely from the ground up instead of trying to band-aid fix

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

maybe they will make their next elite specs so the people who are “unwelcome” in raids become required now, only shifting the mirror composition

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

They’d still be designated buffers. Ventari rev will never match the dps of a damage dealer, and it is only normal. On a side note, it is one of the problems with the current condi PS state – they deal far too much damage for the amount of group buffs they supply. But the problem isn’t there are designated buffers. The problem is there are no alternatives.

Rising Dusk.2408

That wouldn’t do much since you’d be taking shiro/ventari which means you don’t pulse heavy boons like Herald which means…shared empowerment only does so much. Then when you swap out of either legend you don’t get either quickness or alacrity.

Due to max quickness stacks you’d have 10 seconds of AOE quickness when you leave Shiro, which is enough to legend transfer, do a bunch there, and legend transfer back right when quickness is ending. It’s not ideal, but it would work. Assuming alacrity was at least a 2 second pulse every 1 second it would be OK too for the same reason. (It’d be tight, though, no lie)

Also, due to the way IO pulses Quickness and Ventari tablet pulses regeneration, you should still be able to maintain significant might uptime with the Shared Empowerment change I suggested. At least as much as a condition PS Warrior (especially with Dumplings as your food).

I also have a feeling that the build would do very little damage since all your energy would go towards ‘buffs’.

Yeah it certainly wouldn’t be a DPS class, but it’d pull at least as much damage as a regular Chronomancer does.

They just need to rework rev completely from the ground up instead of trying to band-aid fix

I can safely say this will never happen. The best we may at some point get is the removal of energy costs on weapon skills, but they’re not going to ever rework Revenant from the ground-up.

Posted by: CrimsonRipper.5087

CrimsonRipper.5087

I really find it odd that Warrior is the only class that has no limitation on might-stacking aside from critical hit, and how they generate might to begin with.

I suggest the future approach to profession balance and elite specializations would involve the following:

1. Homogeny amongst similar effects/traits: Phalanx Strength, Shared Empowerment, Empowering Might.

2. Change Grace of the Land to grant Might Stacks, perhaps 3. A similar ability: HGH for engineers, should produce similar results.

3. Reduction/removal of %Damage traits. Increase the baseline power of various profession skills to compensate. Then consider scaling of various abilities.

4. For Elite Specializations: have them supplement or expand upon roles various professions don’t normally cover or have trouble covering. They should be designed with niche roles in mind. Scrapper is somewhat a great example of this: Great in WvW/sPvP, not as strong in Raiding/PvE

TexZero.7910

I really find it odd that Warrior is the only class that has no limitation on might-stacking aside from critical hit, and how they generate might to begin with.

I suggest the future approach to profession balance and elite specializations would involve the following:

1. Homogeny amongst similar effects/traits: Phalanx Strength, Shared Empowerment, Empowering Might.

2. Change Grace of the Land to grant Might Stacks, perhaps 3. A similar ability: HGH for engineers, should produce similar results.

3. Reduction/removal of %Damage traits. Increase the baseline power of various profession skills to compensate. Then consider scaling of various abilities.

4. For Elite Specializations: have them supplement or expand upon roles various professions don’t normally cover or have trouble covering. They should be designed with niche roles in mind. Scrapper is somewhat a great example of this: Great in WvW/sPvP, not as strong in Raiding/PvE

1) Only if there’s no limit like with PS currently

2) How about we don’t. Instead why dont we just rename it and put a max cap on bonus damage modifiers to 10 and then give it to other classes.

3) Again how about no. There’s no point in changing Damage Reduction as its all multiplicative anyway and you’ll never hit 100% (barring that one bug that was fixed).

4) Scrapper is a bad example to use. Engineer already had a tanking spec that was fleshed out. That’s why Scrapper has had to be changed and have it gutted for PvP and PvE. It’s literally the worst example you could have pulled.

zealex.9410

1) Only if there’s no limit like with PS currently

2) How about we don’t. Instead why dont we just rename it and put a max cap on bonus damage modifiers to 10 and then give it to other classes.

3) Again how about no. There’s no point in changing Damage Reduction as its all multiplicative anyway and you’ll never hit 100% (barring that one bug that was fixed).

4) Scrapper is a bad example to use. Engineer already had a tanking spec that was fleshed out. That’s why Scrapper has had to be changed and have it gutted for PvP and PvE. It’s literally the worst example you could have pulled.

you missunderstood point 3 and on point 2 it will take away the uniqueness of the class which is the main argument against giving gotl to other specs nerfing it is simply better

TexZero.7910

you missunderstood point 3 and on point 2 it will take away the uniqueness of the class which is the main argument against giving gotl to other specs nerfing it is simply better

Are we really having this argument after Revs got alacrity and nothing changed ?

Are we really going to sit here and say, We need to up the baseline power of classes when not 3 months ago the word of the day for these forums was Power Creep ? Seriously, damage reduction in its current form is fine even if more classes get access to it.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

To me, it feels as if you miss the point of CrimsonRipper’s 3). I don’t think it’s about damage reduction abilities (like protection, distort etc.), but about reducing or eliminating damage increasing modifiers like GotL, Scholar runes and all that stuff. That would probably be a worthy endeavour, but I doubt ANet will ever do it.

As to the uniqueness argument – I agree, that one should be buried, never to be resurrected.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

zealex.9410

Are we really having this argument after Revs got alacrity and nothing changed ?

Are we really going to sit here and say, We need to up the baseline power of classes when not 3 months ago the word of the day for these forums was Power Creep ? Seriously, damage reduction in its current form is fine even if more classes get access to it.

im just tellimg you what arguement druid mains use for gotl to not change to be given to other classes. Im a mesmer main and i can kinda get the feeling tho. Nothimg changed with alacrity because the way they added it to the class was kitten, instead of aplying alacrity on all healing from the tablet they made the stupid choice to implement it the way they did.

TexZero.7910

To me, it feels as if you miss the point of CrimsonRipper’s 3). I don’t think it’s about damage reduction abilities (like protection, distort etc.), but about reducing or eliminating damage increasing modifiers like GotL, Scholar runes and all that stuff. That would probably be a worthy endeavour, but I doubt ANet will ever do it.

As to the uniqueness argument – I agree, that one should be buried, never to be resurrected.

Thing is you don’t have to reduce anything, just cap it. Then anyone can bring whatever utility is needed and it wont matter. If the maximum you can modify outgoing damage is 20% then it won’t matter who brings it it. It will just shift who can play what and who brings what within your set group.

CrimsonRipper.5087

Yes, that’s what I’m talking about. For example: the Daredevil has 3 traits that give him nearly 30% bonus damage dealt.

Everyone will take Druid because Grace of the land gives 10% bonus damage. On top of Glyph of Empowerment, which is another 10%. THEN Frost Spirit, which gives +10% damage procs as well! On top of Scholar Runes and Seaweed Salad, both giving ANOTHER 10% each for individual players too.

If you add another specialization with that sort of power, guess what? Raids will take BOTH the Druid and the new class. Then everything will have to be balanced around that fact.

I’d much rather Might and Fury be the go-to damage increasing boons, and things that give +10% damage and similar abilities removed completely.

zealex.9410

all in all a healing spec that gives you dmg modifiers while all the others dont is not healthy for the game

TexZero.7910

I’d much rather Might and Fury be the go-to damage increasing boons, and things that give +10% damage and similar abilities removed completely.

Again though this isn’t needed. You only have to cap how high damage modifiers can go.

If its 10% from food and 10% from any other status/non-boon source, then it doesn’t matter if every class has 10% damage modifiers. People will take whatever works best for them/their group.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Again though this isn’t needed. You only have to cap how high damage modifiers can go.

If its 10% from food and 10% from any other status/non-boon source, then it doesn’t matter if every class has 10% damage modifiers. People will take whatever works best for them/their group.

A cap like this is bad design. It’s counter-intuitive and obscure – it says X gives you 10% more damage but it actually doesn’t because Y already gave it to you. Not to mention introducing such modifier pooling would require rebalancing pretty much the whole game.

TexZero.7910

A cap like this is bad design. It’s counter-intuitive and obscure – it says X gives you 10% more damage but it actually doesn’t because Y already gave it to you. Not to mention introducing such modifier pooling would require rebalancing pretty much the whole game.

Really it is now is it ?

So our entire boon system is somehow counter-intuitive ? Because guess what, its the same stuff different name working the same way.

CrimsonRipper.5087

Really it is now is it ?

So our entire boon system is somehow counter-intuitive ? Because guess what, its the same stuff different name working the same way.

If you’re thinking that making a BOON that just gives +% damage you are an idiot. Might is the flat power increase. We don’t need a second one that does the same thing.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I like that people think might stacking is what makes warrior so valuable.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

TexZero.7910

Really it is now is it ?

If you’re thinking that making a BOON that just gives +% damage you are an idiot. Might is the flat power increase. We don’t need a second one that does the same thing.

….and if you could read, you’d notice that’s not at all what i said. We currently have status’ that give +% damage(GoTL). All you have to do is make those ubiquitous and make them function the exact same way boons do now. Does it matter who gives you might, prot or quickness ? No. They are all capped. Guess what you do when you add a new % damage modifying status. You do the smart thing and put them all into a status category called damage amplification that caps at whatever number you want to assign (likely 10% given the state of GoTL).

Novel concept….

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Suggestion for:

Engineer (Scrapper) – Applied Force: deal 10% increased damage under the effect of quickness; garants 2 sec of quickness within 600 range, 15 might required to proc, 10 sec ICD

Guardian – Empowering Might: You and nearby allies gain might when you land a critical hit. (Single attacks can activate this trait more than once before recharging.)
1 sec ICD, Might reduced from 5 sec to 4 sec

Necromancer – greatly increase all sources of life siphon’s damage (not heal, damage.. dark field’s finishers in primis)

Ranger – Spirits count as very small living field, reduced duration of spirits to 40 sec:
Water Spirit (Water Field)
Storm Spirit (Lightning Field)
Frost Spirit (Ice Field)
Stone Spirit (Light Field)
Sun Spirit (Fire Field)
Spirit of Nature (Ethereal Field)
Narures Vengeance – Increased duration of all spirits by 100%, spirit’s sacrifice now are blast finishers

Revenant – Maniacal Persistence: gain faster stack under the effec of Fury (0,5 sec)
Embrace the Darkness: the revenant is plagued with a random new condition every seconds, while under the effect of Embrace the Darkness condition on you don’t expire

Thief – Havoc Mastery now increase damage and condition damage by 7% while the initiative isn’t full, 360 range threshold

NikeEU.7690

So you think condi thief needs a 7% buff? One of the top dps builds in the game doesn’t need any more buffs.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Vitali.5039

So you think condi thief needs a 7% buff? One of the top dps builds in the game doesn’t need any more buffs.

Well, with my spirits suggestion isn’t like other condi classes can’t gain benefits.
The sun spirit passive can raise dps of condi engi/ranger/warrior/necro more than thief
The frost spirit can help necro with “field control”
Ther’s no poison field to help the whirling condi thief, so..

NikeEU.7690

I’ll make it more clear: condo thief is the highest dps class at around half of all raid bosses. It doesn’t need a 7% boost.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Suggestion for:

Engineer (Scrapper) – Applied Force: deal 10% increased damage under the effect of quickness; garants 2 sec of quickness within 600 range, 15 might required to proc, 10 sec ICD

Guardian – Empowering Might: You and nearby allies gain might when you land a critical hit. (Single attacks can activate this trait more than once before recharging.)
1 sec ICD, Might reduced from 5 sec to 4 sec

Necromancer – greatly increase all sources of life siphon’s damage (not heal, damage.. dark field’s finishers in primis)

Ranger – Spirits count as very small living field, reduced duration of spirits to 40 sec:
Water Spirit (Water Field)
Storm Spirit (Lightning Field)
Frost Spirit (Ice Field)
Stone Spirit (Light Field)
Sun Spirit (Fire Field)
Spirit of Nature (Ethereal Field)
Narures Vengeance – Increased duration of all spirits by 100%, spirit’s sacrifice now are blast finishers

Revenant – Maniacal Persistence: gain faster stack under the effec of Fury (0,5 sec)
Embrace the Darkness: the revenant is plagued with a random new condition every seconds, while under the effect of Embrace the Darkness condition on you don’t expire

Thief – Havoc Mastery now increase damage and condition damage by 7% while the initiative isn’t full, 360 range threshold

I don’t think any of these are good suggestions as they seem to be targeted at nonexistent problems or just seem to be buffing things that are already strong.

The only DPS class that should be high on the list for potential buffs is revenant, even then it doesn’t need to be huge just be enough to bring them closer to other classes when played optimally. Right now played optimally it’s not as effective as other classes but loses very little damage due to the simplicity of using auto and a few skills, it could stand to gain a bit of complexity to increase damage and then it’s better.

What I think is the pressing concern is how to replace the unique buffs classes bring and how some classes have permanent spots because they’re the only ones that can provide buff X. I’d love it if permanent quickness+some alacrity could be covered by a few classes working together but I also appreciate that if mesmer didn’t get a viable build on most bosses it would go from mandatory to not allowed in raids due to how its current phantasm mechanics screw it over.

I guess we shall see with the expansion previews or when it hits sometime in October.

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

It actually won’t though. Changing frost spirit to a ice field that will just result in frost spirit being removed from the druid build and replaced with some other utility (likely glyph of empowerment)

Nobody is going to run a trait just for helping a necro when you can just replace the necro. Moreover a immobile field is largely pointless on anything except maybe cairn and Sabetha.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

ZeftheWicked.3076

A small reminder:

PS warr isn’t broken only because it spams might like crazy + banners + damage.
It’s also broken because that might is spammed in a 600 radius.

There are other professions that can give party 25 might stacks solo as well. But their reward of jumping through many hoops to do it (usually blasting fire fields) is 360 radius on their might application. Someone got seriously carried away with PS design.

CrimsonRipper.5087

Really it is now is it ?

….and if you could read, you’d notice that’s not at all what i said. We currently have status’ that give +% damage(GoTL). All you have to do is make those ubiquitous and make them function the exact same way boons do now. Does it matter who gives you might, prot or quickness ? No. They are all capped. Guess what you do when you add a new % damage modifying status. You do the smart thing and put them all into a status category called damage amplification that caps at whatever number you want to assign (likely 10% given the state of GoTL).

Novel concept….

That’s not intuitive for the player at all though. You’re just telling people that “oh this is a massive power boost, but in secret, either through the tooltip on the buff itself or in the trait, it doesn’t stack with any other increases like it. Or there’s a hard cap.” At that point you might as well just make it into a new boon for the sake of clarity. Effectively Might 2.0 when the game doesn’t need it.

Just Nerf Grace of the Land, and make it stack might, competing with Phalanx Strength. If a new “healing” profession comes out people are still going to bring druid for the most part because of the simple fact their druids are already geared appropriately.

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

A small reminder:

PS warr isn’t broken only because it spams might like crazy + banners + damage.
It’s also broken because that might is spammed in a 600 radius.

There are other professions that can give party 25 might stacks solo as well. But their reward of jumping through many hoops to do it (usually blasting fire fields) is 360 radius on their might application. Someone got seriously carried away with PS design.

Actually it was balanced by the need to go 30 into a non DPS line, the warrior took a sizeable hit to damage in order to give the party easy access to 25 might all the time. When released PS was balanced, even when the specialisation update came it was somewhat balanced as condi warrior wasn’t a great thing in PvE and power warrior didn’t do as much DPS as it does now, just look at some of Nike’s old videos from back in the day.

zealex.9410

What was it then for power ps? Because for condi ps is the fact they are overpowered atm.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

What was it then for power ps? Because for condi ps is the fact they are overpowered atm.

The banners and EA?

The might is just icing on the cake.

Warrior and ranger are so valuable with their buffs BECAUSE their buffs are not made redundant by any other class. They’re class exclusive.

Meanwhile Blood is Power or perma fury from a revenant are not so great because the thing with boon provision is you just bring whomever can stack the boons best on top of what else they bring.

And a druid with tiger makes revenant’s fury pointless and their perma prot is rendered moot by the much more easily provided guardian hammer who does similar DPS with more unique utility on top like aegis/invulnerability and the burst of guardian traps.

It’s why engineer needed an exclusive class aura to become meta, because it COULD provide boons and debuffs but it didn’t do so much better than the alternative and it wasn’t completely dominant in DPS like ele and thief.

Revenant’s Assasin Presence is ferocity instead of power and that’s about all it brings while doing less DPS.

This balance pass also took a kitten on power builds, decreasing the value of AP as an aura while warrior has more than just EA to provide with banners.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

ZeftheWicked.3076

Here’s a my two changes that should help break the PS warr/chronotank x2 dominancy. Meaning more then 4 slots for other professions per raid.

1. Make all profession unique buffs affect up to 10 ppl. As was done with warrior banners. This Lowers the pressure to mirror comp for one profession’s unique buffs. It’s not much of balancing in itself, but it may help reduce the amount of slots taken by meta professions.

2. Guardian’s elite should quickness buffed from 5s to 10s. This is currently the only skill that breaks the chronopoly on party quickness. But it’s values are ridicilously low, especially for an elite.

Buffing it to 10s quickness baseline can result in 66% or so quickness uptime for party (20s duration vs realistic 30s cooldown with traits and rev alacrity). That’s a start for competing with chrono. Less uptime then chrono, but easier application in a larger radius (600 for the shout) and no combo fields obstructing other player’s desired ones (like fire fields for off meta might generation or chill fields for condi reapers).

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I agree on the profession buffs affecting 10 people. Anet has said that they want to avoid doing this because its taxing on the server in larger zergs (WvW and world bosses), but couldn’t they just have it apply in Raid maps? This would really open up class diversity by reducing the amount of players needed for buffing.

As for guards elite, I think 10 seconds is way too much considering that its only a 36sec CD when traited. 55% uptime (assuming no alacrity) on quickness from a single skill is absolutely huge! 8 sec of quickness is still a huge amount, especially for the low cooldown of this skill, and provides much more fair quickness uptime. I mean seriously, if you want to run without a chrono but still have good quickness uptime, it should be much harder than just using 1 skill and getting over 50% uptime. Maybe if the CD in PvE was increased a bit 10sec of quickness would be fine, but if the CD stays the same as it is now, 10sec quickness is way too much for FmW

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

“Feel my Wrath!” should have it’s cooldown reduced back to the 30s that it was when it came out. It was only increased because quickness affected stomping in PvP so the cooldown was increased. Then Anet made quickness and slow no longer affect stomp speeds but never undid the nerf to “Feel my Wrath!”.

ZeftheWicked.3076

I agree on the profession buffs affecting 10 people. Anet has said that they want to avoid doing this because its taxing on the server in larger zergs (WvW and world bosses), but couldn’t they just have it apply in Raid maps? This would really open up class diversity by reducing the amount of players needed for buffing.

As for guards elite, I think 10 seconds is way too much considering that its only a 36sec CD when traited. 55% uptime (assuming no alacrity) on quickness from a single skill is absolutely huge! 8 sec of quickness is still a huge amount, especially for the low cooldown of this skill, and provides much more fair quickness uptime. I mean seriously, if you want to run without a chrono but still have good quickness uptime, it should be much harder than just using 1 skill and getting over 50% uptime. Maybe if the CD in PvE was increased a bit 10sec of quickness would be fine, but if the CD stays the same as it is now, 10sec quickness is way too much for FmW

I think it’s quite fair. Both chrono and guard provide quickness for 5 ppl. One has to work his magic, but gets 100% uptime on quickness (with ethereal combo fields + putting them where party is side effects).

Other would get simple, effective, no strings attached 66% uptime solution. Chrono still has his invulnies and alacrity to boot. But at least chronopoly on quickness (after alacrity) would go away and allow off meta comps to get their faces outta dirt. No chrono? No problem, let’s get a boon guard and healer rev!

TexZero.7910

Really it is now is it ?

Novel concept….

That’s not intuitive for the player at all though. You’re just telling people that “oh this is a massive power boost, but in secret, either through the tooltip on the buff itself or in the trait, it doesn’t stack with any other increases like it. Or there’s a hard cap.” At that point you might as well just make it into a new boon for the sake of clarity. Effectively Might 2.0 when the game doesn’t need it.

Just Nerf Grace of the Land, and make it stack might, competing with Phalanx Strength. If a new “healing” profession comes out people are still going to bring druid for the most part because of the simple fact their druids are already geared appropriately.

How can you even remotely call this not intuitive ?

How is might from guardian different from warrior or ele or any other class ?

Now then when we get to the point where there’s more global damage amplification status’ they should be treated exactly like we treat boons. It doesn’t matter who applies it they have a cap of whatever the developers decide it goes to. You know what else happens with boons when you apply more than the max stacks right ? If you don’t please refer to the wiki as i’m really tired trying to explain the obvious to the oblivious.

Vitali.5039

It actually won’t though. Changing frost spirit to a ice field that will just result in frost spirit being removed from the druid build and replaced with some other utility (likely glyph of empowerment)

Nobody is going to run a trait just for helping a necro when you can just replace the necro. Moreover a immobile field is largely pointless on anything except maybe cairn and Sabetha.

Spirits field I’ve suggested it’s baseline and not trait related and don’t remove the powerful passive, so I don’t think that will be dumped, and the field’s size it’s like the spirit hitbox, so they don’t override others field easily.