Balance Changes That Would Improve Raids

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ozzrel.9825

Ozzrel.9825

No, it would be amazing because there would be place for everyone

There is a difference between everyone having a place, and actually having to take every class. Missing out on 10k dps for every group buff you didn’t bring because you don’t have 9 players each playing a different class isn’t exactly better than what we have now. At least now, you can pick any of the dps options for the dps slots without having a significant difference.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Why would you nerf the warrior dps condi build? It has lower dps than all the other dps builds and if you want extra utility from it you have to lower the dps further. If anything the damage should be buffed so it’s a viable.alternative to other pure dps builds.

Riiight, because the warriors aren’t mandatory already. Please be realistic.

Because warrior damage is not high enough to bring him into dps slot instead of traditional dps, and his raid spot is given to him not because of his dps at all, and nerfing his dps will not change anything in raid composition. So, basically you are asking “this guy is too good at chess, so we need to reduce his ability to play football”.

Following the same logic, eles, engis, guards, thieves need their support capabilities buffed like crazy because they can’t qualify for a support spot for their life.

Fast forward a few more arguments like that and we’d end up with every class being able to fill in every role. Which may sound like a good thing but in my opinion removes some of the identity of the classes. Why even have different classes when they can achieve the same results? To just have different animations playing?

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Following the same logic, eles, engis, guards, thieves need their support capabilities buffed like crazy because they can’t qualify for a support spot for their life.

Following the same logic, they certainly could use some support buffs, yes. “Role slots” design is much better than “class slots”, it increases accessibility and replayability.

Fast forward a few more arguments like that and we’d end up with every class being able to fill in every role. Which may sound like a good thing but in my opinion removes some of the identity of the classes. Why even have different classes when they can achieve the same results? To just have different animations playing?

Because this is a good thing generally. It opens up more playstyles, more raid compositions, more tactics. Adamant meta is not healthy for the game.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Feanor.2358

Neither is standardization.

Having a certain class excel in dps while another excels in support is perfectly fine. It creates different feel for the classes and it is also better in regards to immersion and game world consistency. Your argument is basically “why can’t a football player be a theoretical physicist”? Because they invested years of practice in different fields, honing different skills. That’s why. In much the same way one class should not be able to replicate ALL results of another. It defeats the purpose of having different classes, and this purpose is having to choose different strengths and weaknesses.

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Having a certain class excel in dps while another excels in support is perfectly fine. It creates different feel for the classes and it is also better in regards to immersion and game world consistency. Your argument is basically “why can’t a football player be a theoretical physicist”? Because they invested years of practice in different fields, honing different skills. That’s why. In much the same way one class should not be able to replicate ALL results of another. It defeats the purpose of having different classes, and this purpose is having to choose different strengths and weaknesses.

Wasn’t GW2 essentially advertised as some kind of middle ground though? There were no concrete roles, you could play a healer, a damage dealer, buffer etc and not be penalised too much?

We aren’t asking for them to be the same just that there should be just as viable options without making it much harder. At the moment nothing comes close to the 3 support classes for buffing without needing the players to be very good. I don’t want to see more unique buffs either as we are supposed to be playing the game not the UI and it will lead to power creep.

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Wasn’t GW2 essentially advertised as some kind of middle ground though? There were no concrete roles, you could play a healer, a damage dealer, buffer etc and not be penalised too much?

or you could have played a necromancer who could neither heal, deal damage or buff

Just like today.

Feanor.2358

We aren’t asking for them to be the same just that there should be just as viable options without making it much harder. At the moment nothing comes close to the 3 support classes for buffing without needing the players to be very good. I don’t want to see more unique buffs either as we are supposed to be playing the game not the UI and it will lead to power creep.

You are asking for them to be the same. There’s nothing to stop you from playing a condi Berserker right now. And you won’t be penalized “too much”. The damage would be lower, but not as low as to cause you to fail, even in raids.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

For support classes their personal dps plus the support they bring has to be of value in excess of a pure dps class or else the concept of support classes are meaningless.

That is absolutely true, however the problem with warrior is that banners aren’t exclusive to PS build. If there ever is another might stacking build, you would still bring banners on dps warrior which would do 30k dps (or whatever it will be without signets) and still have the 11k from banners, basically replacing one of the dps classes with a 4th support.

That isn’t a problem to me. Having a core spec buff that is desirable is a good thing that will keep professions relevant.

A bad example would be an elite spec that brought a can’t miss unique buff because it locks that profession into using the same elite spec forever. Having a core spec that can adapt roles as new elite specs are introduced and still retain a good place in the meta is the goal we should work towards for every class.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

so, when are they buffing necro into helpfulness?

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

so, when are they buffing necro into helpfulness?

necro should be helpfull interms of debuffing therefore remove a big chunk of vuln from all the other classes ^3^

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

My opinion is necro is already very close to helpful.

Latest qt benchmarks put it at 32.3k while condi ranger is at 33.7k. The difference is, necro depends on combo fields for 4k of its dps. Then you also have condi thief at 33k,but from what I’ve seen combo fields take condi thief above condi engi who is at 35k.

If we ever get some sort of field prioritization system, condi necro is completely competitive with condi ranger (although this would also buff condi thief). Although, my opinion is condi necro rotation is difficult. The order of skills is easy, but you need to go fast. I’ve practiced it for several hours, and the best I have ever gotten is 29k (no infusions), qt pushing it to 32k is godly from my point of view. Meanwhile, I made a condi ranger, and literally was clearing 31k dps in less than 30 minutes of practice. Of course condi necro brings a lot more cc, more survivability, access to stability, blinds, pulls, and can easily bring epi too, so I think its pretty fair.

Although in truth, I kind of hate the current meta necro build. Blood magic is fun, and transfussion really makes necro feel special and unique, losing blood magic for soul reaping hurts. But even if blood magic was meta, you have to deal with the fact that to even do competitive dps you have to use shroud 4 off cool down, so you can’t even reserve it for its situational usage which stinks. Necro’s traits are all around frustrating.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i disagree, i love current necro build. blood magic is pathetic because it revolves around downed state, which is something nobody should be doing in the first place.

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

i disagree, i love current necro build. blood magic is pathetic because it revolves around downed state, which is something nobody should be doing in the first place.

Totaly agree
I played necro back in the past before lichfrom Nerf and to me it was really boring.
Now I reageared up it again, and I falled in love with the new gs soul reapering rotation.

Parabrezza

zealex.9410

ehhh iv seen ppl playing healer necro lul and keeping the group alive

zealex.9410

Totaly agree
I played necro back in the past before lichfrom Nerf and to me it was really boring.
Now I reageared up it again, and I falled in love with the new gs soul reapering rotation.

i would change deathly chill to make it so aplying chill aplies dmg and make it scale with power boom power necro is viable as kitten

lucadiro.4519

Totaly agree

i would change deathly chill to make it so aplying chill aplies dmg and make it scale with power boom power necro is viable as kitten

Taking in Mind that gs AA applies chill, with that change you are killing the condi build (fun rotation) with a Just brainless 1111111 build.
No thanks, Just change fields and finisher to prioritize your own ones and then make some adjustement if Needed.

Parabrezza

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Totaly agree

Taking in Mind that gs AA applies chill, with that change you are killing the condi build (fun rotation) with a Just brainless 1111111 build.
No thanks, Just change fields and finisher to prioritize your own ones and then make some adjustement if Needed.

Technically, the only thing that it change is that you would have to wear a power armor instead of a condi armor and condi build would again be forced to use scepter and the scepter trait.

Changing finisher to prioritize your own have only a little impact on reaper since outside of our only frost field we got 0 benefit from our others fields (or at least not more than from any other field in game).

Deathly chill in it’s actual form is like a wooden plank from an old coffin that is barely able to keep the reaper alive out in the ocean while some other professions ride a luxurious boat. Joke aside, this trait is another make or break trait which is probably not the best kind of trait that we should encounter in the game. It’s just unhealthy, it show that the necromancer have a weak base and is forced into a few powerful traits to barely survive as a third wheel profession.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

zealex.9410

Totaly agree

the rotation stays the exact same you just swich scepter dagger for a power weapon set. The fact that you came up with this statement makes me wonder if you even know how the class plays in the first place.

zealex.9410

Totaly agree

Technically, the only thing that it change is that you would have to wear a power armor instead of a condi armor and condi build would again be forced to use scepter and the scepter trait.

Changing finisher to prioritize your own have only a little impact on reaper since outside of our only frost field we got 0 benefit from our others fields (or at least not more than from any other field in game).

Deathly chill in it’s actual form is like a wooden plank from an old coffin that is barely able to keep the reaper alive out in the ocean while some other professions ride a luxurious boat. Joke aside, this trait is another make or break trait which is probably not the best kind of trait that we should encounter in the game. It’s just unhealthy, it show that the necromancer have a weak base and is forced into a few powerful traits to barely survive as a third wheel profession.

Idk about you but reaper in my eyes and in the eyes of many was the power spec. With that being said changing it to deal good dmg with each chill aplication while also giving the field priority as well as buffing the dmg on some other weapon skills so you dont have a big dps loss while w8ing for shroud 5 and 4 to come off cd would make this a really unique and fun power build imho. It will also give reaper clarity of purpose as it will be the power spec.

As for condi necro either the next elite spec or like engi make the base necro and its condi based traitlines stronger.

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Something like a power version of Fear and Terror? This can help power but will kill condi. What about Making Terror working on fear and chill when the necro is 600 range near the target?

Something like

(0.2 * Power Damage)+(0.2 * Condition Damage) + 444; 33% less if target has no other conditions.

Instead of

(0.4 * Condition Damage) + 444; 33% less if target has no other conditions.

If picked it’s less survival from Vital Persistence, wich is one of the bringer of “immortality” at non-necro eyes.

thrag.9740

Well I’m not trying to say I want to run blood and not use greatsword/shroud at all. I’m saying I wish I didn’t have to lose transfusion to do those things. I like the greatsword rotation, I just feel that transfusion was a unique and cool ability.

As for power reaper, I think the glaring obvious problem is that so many of its traits are actually useless. For example, decimate defenses should be a huge buff to power reaper. But in reality its only good for letting reaper take valk gear instead of berserker. There is no way to turn all those wasted precision stats into damage. If anet ever released 2 stat gear, in particular power/ferocity, and the stats were proportionally higher than just berserker gear, you would see a notable increase in power reaper dps.

I don’t think any other class has as much wasted stats as reaper does.

zealex.9410

Something like a power version of Fear and Terror? This can help power but will kill condi. What about Making Terror working on fear and chill when the necro is 600 range near the target?

Something like

(0.2 * Power Damage)+(0.2 * Condition Damage) + 444; 33% less if target has no other conditions.

Instead of

(0.4 * Condition Damage) + 444; 33% less if target has no other conditions.

If picked it’s less survival from Vital Persistence, wich is one of the bringer of “immortality” at non-necro eyes.

istill believe tho that reaper should have been the power spec and base necro could have been the condi one or a future elite spec but to tell you that might work to but idk another choice could be to buff lifesteal and make skills of your alie self bleed or sttaight dmg on skill use like gravediggers deals x amount of dmg or a small %

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Condi GS necro already uses scepter and the scepter trait. It’s scepter/dagger + greatsword and you’re weapon swapping on cooldown.

And that 1 ice field is 4k dps because RS4 whirl and Gravedigger whirl. The inability to consistently perform those finishers in a raid setting is the biggest hurtle towards making reaper competitive in a raid.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

lucadiro.4519

Totaly agree

the rotation stays the exact same you just swich scepter dagger for a power weapon set. The fact that you came up with this statement makes me wonder if you even know how the class plays in the first place.

A trait that give damage at each chill apllication Will Just promote the more possible chill apllication with the weapon set that can give Also the more possible DPS (aka gs)
So the rotation Will be Just AA on GS with eventually RS 5+4.
No more weapon swap, no more RS AA.
While remove the bleed from chill Will Just kill the condi build.

You don’t Need much knowledge of Necro to understand that. And maybe you should Wonder about YOUR knowledge about the whole game, not Just reaper.

Parabrezza

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

For revenant – a trait that basically makes torment tick full damage if enemy is under movement impairing condition like cripple, chill or immob.

zealex.9410

Totaly agree

A trait that give damage at each chill apllication Will Just promote the more possible chill apllication with the weapon set that can give Also the more possible DPS (aka gs)

You don’t Need much knowledge of Necro to understand that. And maybe you should Wonder about YOUR knowledge about the whole game, not Just reaper.

just because the aa has a chill at its end doenst mean that it will still be the best dmg the shroud aa is much faster compaired to the gs aa which is one of the slowest if not the slowest aa chain in game just like now with its current form gs aa is hardly part of the rotation just like that it will still not be a bg part of that rotation

lucadiro.4519

Totaly agree

just because the aa has a chill at its end doenst mean that it will still be the best dmg the shroud aa is much faster compaired to the gs aa which is one of the slowest if not the slowest aa chain in game just like now with its current form gs aa is hardly part of the rotation just like that it will still not be a bg part of that rotation

You see? You Just showed, again, you don’t know what are you talking about.
Actually the best DPS rotation for Power reaper is Just Camp GS AA using skill 2+4 off cd. (And Wells) then start to spam GS 2 After 50%.
Using shroud AA is a DPS Loss, same for swap to any other weaponset.
Your suggestion “chill a foe applies damage to that foe” would push camping GS AA even more.
While totally killing the condi build that live thanks by bleeds from chill trait and consequently kill a fun and fresh Dynamic build that involve 2 weaponset swap, AA and 5+4 on RS and the use of the whole utility skill bar.
Again, the best buff necro can get is the fields prioritize, that, as someone more experienced than me already said, is something about 4k dps in real raid scenario.
Sbam, necro become instantly more viable, and very competitive.

Parabrezza

lucadiro.4519

For revenant – a trait that basically makes torment tick full damage if enemy is under movement impairing condition like cripple, chill or immob.

Totaly agree, is since the release of revenant that it Need a ONLY PVE trait that make you do full torment damage even if target doesn’t move.
Tons of people already asked for that in revenant subforum.
Hope arenanet Will listen One day

Parabrezza

zealex.9410

Totaly agree

You see? You Just showed, again, you don’t know what are you talking about.
Actually the best DPS rotation for Power reaper is Just Camp GS AA using skill 2+4 off cd. (And Wells) then start to spam GS 2 After 50%.
Using shroud AA is a DPS Loss, same for swap to any other weaponset.
Your suggestion “chill a foe applies damage to that foe” would push camping GS AA even more.
While totally killing the condi build that live thanks by bleeds from chill trait and consequently kill a fun and fresh Dynamic build that involve 2 weaponset swap, AA and 5+4 on RS and the use of the whole utility skill bar.
Again, the best buff necro can get is the fields prioritize, that, as someone more experienced than me already said, is something about 4k dps in real raid scenario.
Sbam, necro become instantly more viable, and very competitive.

for the condi build, it should be killed if you only take reaper for that one broken gm trait tbh. Condi necro was the power spec and 1 trait turns it 180 while you could have the base necro just be the stronger condi build for necro and have reaper change that.

thrag.9740

Something else I consider problematic is racial skills. I enjoy that racial skills exist, but the fact that every condi class should roll sylvari is dumb.

I think it would be good to be able to complete a quest that explores each of the different races and allows you to ‘attune’ with whichever race you want. What I mean by attune is, it would allow you to use human skills as a norn, or whatever combo you want. But you only have access to one race’s skills at a time. So for example, you can’t bring battle roar (char utility), and take root (sylvari elite) on the same character.

Also why can’t rev use racial skills? Its just one more strike against condi rev.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Something else I consider problematic is racial skills. I enjoy that racial skills exist, but the fact that every condi class should roll sylvari is dumb.

I think it would be good to be able to complete a quest that explores each of the different races and allows you to ‘attune’ with whichever race you want. What I mean by attune is, it would allow you to use human skills as a norn, or whatever combo you want. But you only have access to one race’s skills at a time. So for example, you can’t bring battle roar (char utility), and take root (sylvari elite) on the same character.

Also why can’t rev use racial skills? Its just one more strike against condi rev.

This just goes to show that racial skills were a bad idea to begin with and should be disabled in raids & fractals, heck maybe even in WvW as well.

thrag.9740

I don’t think racial skills are a bad idea, they just have to be done the right way. In fact, they could be nice because anet can use them to guarantee that every profession has access to certain bare minimums.

For example, my idea with battle roar would guarantee that every profession has at least some minimal access to might and fury support. Access to bear form would guarantee that every profession has at least some movement abilities. Every profession would have at least some access to immobilize through the avatar of melandru.

In fact if every race had equal access to all the racial skills, you could actually let the skills not be terrible. We would have more possible variety, and we might see some really interesting tactics develop.

zealex.9410

Racial skills were a great idea just like underwater combat. But they both got the short end of the stick. I also support the idea of an ingame system like a current event where you go do some stuff in each race and unlock their racial abilities. Like, i dont think a silvari who one of their biggest features is they tendancy to explore and learn new things wouldn’t grow to apriciate the six gods and even declare himself as a believer of theirs.

Posted by: CrimsonRipper.5087

CrimsonRipper.5087

I’m starting to see some weird numbers on how Reaper is functioning as opposed to the whole purpose and context of the specialization. Reaper should be a mix of Power, and Defenses. Being a looming force of destruction.

I’d say close to the next Expansion or next update, I’d like to see Reaper get its condition output shifted to the Curses and Death Magic Specs, while the Power for Reaper’s Shroud is increased to compensate.

Deathly Chill shouldn’t be giving bleeds, but perhaps it could be a %damage increase vs chilled foes?

Also, if the GS and Shroud interaction isn’t up to par, then alternatively I suggest have Gravedigger (GS2) reduce cooldown of Shroud Skills on crit.

Reaper’s Shroud 4 (soul spiral) should just deal raw damage, maybe apply vulnerability instead of poison, but have its base damage increased.

zealex.9410

I’m starting to see some weird numbers on how Reaper is functioning as opposed to the whole purpose and context of the specialization. Reaper should be a mix of Power, and Defenses. Being a looming force of destruction.

I’d say close to the next Expansion or next update, I’d like to see Reaper get its condition output shifted to the Curses and Death Magic Specs, while the Power for Reaper’s Shroud is increased to compensate.

Deathly Chill shouldn’t be giving bleeds, but perhaps it could be a %damage increase vs chilled foes?

Also, if the GS and Shroud interaction isn’t up to par, then alternatively I suggest have Gravedigger (GS2) reduce cooldown of Shroud Skills on crit.

Reaper’s Shroud 4 (soul spiral) should just deal raw damage, maybe apply vulnerability instead of poison, but have its base damage increased.

Ehhh i agree with most but usually talent with % dmg are poorly designed and tent to overshadow other option looking at you grace of the land. Id also like to see same changes to other elite soecs like the tempest thag soec screams “im a healer support”

Vitali.5039

You know that poison it’s more useful than vulnerability and that another useless vulnerability stacking ability isn’t needed, right?
And think about other games mode.. Poison in pvp is a threat while vulnerability even on the downed is just a joke.

zealex.9410

You know that poison it’s more useful than vulnerability and that another useless vulnerability stacking ability isn’t needed, right?
And think about other games mode.. Poison in pvp is a threat while vulnerability even on the downed is just a joke.

true but in ove poison is meh unless they intoduce encounters in fractals or raids where denying healing is very importand.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

true but in ove poison is meh unless they intoduce encounters in fractals or raids where denying healing is very importand.

Yea but at least it does damage. Most fights in PvE are so short that the extra damage from vuln won’t mean anything, because the fight will be over before it has a chance to add up to anything significant. Which means that objectively, poison would be better in most PvE situations than yet another way to apply vuln

zealex.9410

Yea but at least it does damage. Most fights in PvE are so short that the extra damage from vuln won’t mean anything, because the fight will be over before it has a chance to add up to anything significant. Which means that objectively, poison would be better in most PvE situations than yet another way to apply vuln

ehh in tier 4 boss fight aint over that fast and esp 100 cm and on a 5 man group stacking 25 vuln isnt as kitten easy as it is on 10 man raids so idk.

Vitali.5039

ehh in tier 4 boss fight aint over that fast and esp 100 cm and on a 5 man group stacking 25 vuln isnt as kitten easy as it is on 10 man raids so idk.

Have you ever heard of classes needed to achieve 25 vuln stacking in pve content?

zealex.9410

Its not needed but if 1 class can give a chunk of it then thats pretty good as its extra dmg for the whole group and its in the form of debuffing the enemy. The thematic of necro. Actually ot would be cool if neco had a sametrait as tempest which madebtheir vuln stronger.

Vitali.5039

Its not needed but if 1 class can give a chunk of it then thats pretty good as its extra dmg for the whole group and its in the form of debuffing the enemy. The thematic of necro. Actually ot would be cool if neco had a sametrait as tempest which madebtheir vuln stronger.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR7Yn0ICV3gd3Ae1Ac4gFcBLaD0BGBQXtAQLI+K+FHjA-TxhHQBEU5XteCAA4iAQOdD0T9nMqEsc7PQKgFVWB-e
Insane vulnrability generation with only one tradeoff: your damage.

Sadly vulnerability is the most common condition, so such build isn’t useful at all.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Shroud’s job is not being power or condi, but to provide tools for multiple types of builds. Because no matter what you’ll build, you’re always getting the same shroud after pressing F1. So it needs to have tools for every occasion, often supplemented for a given purpse with traits (like dhuumfire for condi).

OriOri.8724

Shroud’s job is not being power or condi, but to provide tools for multiple types of builds. Because no matter what you’ll build, you’re always getting the same shroud after pressing F1. So it needs to have tools for every occasion, often supplemented for a given purpse with traits (like dhuumfire for condi).

I actually disagree that shroud needs skills that could mesh with either condi or power damage, especially now that we have reaper out (which means that, theoretically at any rate, you could have 1 shroud devoted towards power builds and 1 shroud devoted towards condi builds). I think it would add a lot more flavor if shroud was either or, and which traits you took affected this. So individual traits could actually fundamentally change some shroud skills instead of just outright adding new effects to them. This way you could trait into a power focused shroud, or into a condi focused shroud.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I do not know raids all that well but i have a feeling mobs do not block nor do they self boon a lot so my balance changes is to cut down on mobs passive def effects and make them more active with blocks and strong version of boons. This means classes who have means of dealing with these effects become more usefully in raids out side of just who ever has the best raw dmg effects. You could even have raid only boon corruption that are much stronger then the stander condi.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I do not know raids all that well but i have a feeling mobs do not block nor do they self boon a lot so my balance changes is to cut down on mobs passive def effects and make them more active with blocks and strong version of boons. This means classes who have means of dealing with these effects become more usefully in raids out side of just who ever has the best raw dmg effects. You could even have raid only boon corruption that are much stronger then the stander condi.

You kind of have this with certain fractals where enemies gain might, fury and protection when you hit them every 10 or 15s. Know what a lot of people did instead? Went condi, though necro is nice getting rid of protection and lowering the boss damage it doesn’t corrupt it to anything amazing and a chrono can strip the boons just as easily which is already meta.

Basically there’s no reason to specifically get a necro unless condition management is also a major issue and even then chrono can go some ways on that.

OriOri.8724

Please no more blocks on random mobs. Its very prevalent in LD with the white mantle clerics, and its just a PITA. In my opinion it doesn’t add to the difficulty of the fight, it just makes it drag on substantially longer if you can’t burst them down before they pop their 3 second block.

zealex.9410

I actually disagree that shroud needs skills that could mesh with either condi or power damage, especially now that we have reaper out (which means that, theoretically at any rate, you could have 1 shroud devoted towards power builds and 1 shroud devoted towards condi builds). I think it would add a lot more flavor if shroud was either or, and which traits you took affected this. So individual traits could actually fundamentally change some shroud skills instead of just outright adding new effects to them. This way you could trait into a power focused shroud, or into a condi focused shroud.

Since the traitline the weapon and the spec in general of reaper was supposed to be the power one then why wouldnt the shroud be? Makes no sense. The base shroud of necro and the base necro in general has been a condi class while reaper tried to change that diff shrouds should compliment their elite specs. Also i dont think its possible in the game for a trait to change the functionality of an ability. I haven’t seen anything like it in game at least.

(edited by zealex.9410)

OriOri.8724

Why wouldn’t it be possible? Could be something like making it scale off condition damage instead of power damage, or removing the power damage from the skill but buffing the stacks of condis that it applies or something along those lines.

Vitali.5039

Reaper can kill with a scythe or via pestilence, why only use a scythe when you can do both?
Melee don’t always means Power.

Think about Reaper like a prestige class, not like a power only or a condi only specialization.