Best condition damage profession

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tahosa.1274

Tahosa.1274

Q:

I am interested in what people think is the best condition damage profession in dungeons?

(edited by Tahosa.1274)

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

trick question

/15

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Engineer.

The engineer has a lot of burning and bleeds, and can hybrid damage well due to how easily they can stack might. Grenades can do plenty of direct damage (for a ranged weapon) as well as condition damage, and many people will use that fact to the fullest. Teamwise, the engineer has spots of support and utility, from their fields (water, light, fire, poison, smoke), to their finishers (mostly blast finishers), to their ability to reflect projectiles, to their large access of to immobilize. Whether you want to heal, stack might, or stealth, the engineer probably has what you need. Defensively the engineer has access to permanent vigor, plenty of blocks, and an evade. They have some blind fields and blinding abilities, too.

Necromancer is second. Though necros can do more condition damage in AoE with epidemic, and also have more reliable AoE conditions in general, the necromancer suffers from several problems. For one, they lack active defense (blocks, evades, vigor), so should the enemies all focus on the necromancer they will crumble. Though the necro has statistical bulk with DS, that is only good for small encounters. Second, the necromancer doesn’t have nearly the utility, with their useful skills in their arsenal not being particularly stellar or unique.

Epidemic is strong, though. Don’t count necro out of the fight immediately.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

face and palm, reunited.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Engineer.

The engineer has a lot of burning and bleeds, and can hybrid damage well due to how easily they can stack might. Grenades can do plenty of direct damage (for a ranged weapon) as well as condition damage, and many people will use that fact to the fullest. Teamwise, the engineer has spots of support and utility, from their fields (water, light, fire, poison, smoke), to their finishers (mostly blast finishers), to their ability to reflect projectiles, to their large access of to immobilize. Whether you want to heal, stack might, or stealth, the engineer probably has what you need. Defensively the engineer has access to permanent vigor, plenty of blocks, and an evade. They have some blind fields and blinding abilities, too.

Necromancer is second. Though necros can do more condition damage in AoE with epidemic, and also have more reliable AoE conditions in general, the necromancer suffers from several problems. For one, they lack active defense (blocks, evades, vigor), so should the enemies all focus on the necromancer they will crumble. Though the necro has statistical bulk with DS, that is only good for small encounters. Second, the necromancer doesn’t have nearly the utility, with their useful skills in their arsenal not being particularly stellar or unique.

Epidemic is strong, though. Don’t count necro out of the fight immediately.

I had a cat when I was a child. I don’t like you.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY
OP what have you done!?

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Thief easily… Thief maintaining tons of bleeds and poison can out DPS full Berserker. Slight exaggeration… but it is comparable to it, most dungeon people wont admit it though.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Thief easily… Thief maintaining tons of bleeds and poison can out DPS full Berserker. Slight exaggeration… but it is comparable to it, most dungeon people wont admit it though.

Go time how fast your condition thief can solo the 9 entities in Arah P1

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Engineer.

25 vuln stacksssssssss. Not condition damage in the strictest sense, but it’s a condition that increase your party dps by 25% so….

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

nope

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

guardian – full rabid gear

dat dere burn damage

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas

Posted by: Harrahou.4518

Harrahou.4518

Dog class. Barf does a million poison damage a second…

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:
Oh Did That Just Happen [Mhmm]

Dolan.3071

Warrior with two sigils of Earth.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

swiftpaw.6397

Don’t forget dual wielding swords!

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

If you count all the damage you’ll be dealing from Poison Grenade, Engineer is pretty much infinity deeps.

Dolan.3071

If only that were viable, dual Bonetti Rapiers would look amazing.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

The Mexican Cookie.3690

If only that were viable, dual Bonetti Rapiers would look amazing.

Do you even play Mesmer? I guess you could just buy one for your Guardian, though

Dolan.3071

Was not ready for that, not here of all places, I’ll have to be more careful….
._.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

swiftpaw.6397

._.

I’m so confused now T_T

The Mexican Cookie.3690

._.

I’m so confused now T_T

Dolans warrior looks like a Guardian, fully white/blue.

Dolan.3071

And now it’s the running joke to complain about the lack of Aegis and lawn mowing
Q _Q

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Meh, I imagine rapiers as weapons you wield with finesse and mesmers (well… my asura one at least) kinda just swing swords around like a club.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Rapier suits the ranger just fine.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Kingkiller.9645

Kingkiller.9645

PPPFFFFFTTT. EASY. Elementalists. A dagger/dagger or a scepter/dagger build is LOADED with condition damage.
Build around toughness/condition, power/condition or vitality/condition.
Toughness will upgrade the effectiveness of your heals (something an ele is amazing for), and that will be even more amazing if you add 6 runes of the undead onto your ele. You also have a trait in your earth magic trait line (I believe grandmaster) to give you an extra 10% conversion of toughness to condition.
Power/condition is easy to build, and will give you great support when you’re in fire. Earth is amazing for damage, but it’s not the best for manoeuvrability… and your skills do go on cd. Once you’re in water or fire, power will drastically help, especially as burns don’t stack intensity.
Vitality and condition go AMAZING with 6 runes of scavenging, and add that onto the fact that ele excels in heals and applying fast condition stacks, and you’re set.

I’m not a hero. Heroes are not meant to survive, and I’ve lived far too long for that.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

As for PvE, it’s definitely warrior, if strictly talking about condition damage. Maintains perma burn, ~20-25 bleed stacks, high uptime on 2-4 torment and still does the highest direct damage with it’s attacks, compared to other professions. Also it does maintain high might stacks and banner of strength, fury and yet has active defense.

If going strictly to what condition built profession would be the greatest (well, actually none is even ‘good’) to increase the parties damage, considering 4 berserker players as compagnions, it’s the engineer.
Perma burn, perma poison but low party buffs and a laughable anout of bleed stacks. The only thing that makes the race is covering the last 10-15 vuln stacks on bosses.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I would say it’s a toss up between Engineer and Necromancer. My first character was an Engineer which I played for a very long time and learned just about everything I know today on that very character. My current main is a Necromancer and although I’m probably a bit more in favor of Necro’s I would still say it’s a toss up.

Depending on your build, they both can provide great group support, have a good deal of survivability and deal insane levels of DPS. Although the Engineer can, as someone has said, take more advantage of using both condition and direct damage than a Necromancer can, the Necromancer can also stack more conditions, faster, than an Engineer. Or in my experience at least.
If you’re asking about strictly condition damage, and not group support, survivability or anything else, I would personally say Necromancer. If you aren’t asking about strictly condition damage, I might be more in favor of Engineer. It’s very situational and depends greatly on the build you’re using. But on my Necromancer I can maintain 25stacks of bleed, poison, burning, weakness, chill, daze, fear, torment, cripple and immobilize with little to no help. Plague Signet is great for doing this in dungeons as it pulls conditions from your party members to yourself, keeping them alive and allowing me to do more damage by sending those conditions to my enemies. With my scepter #1 ability I inflict bleed, poison, weakness, chill and burning. All in one hit given it’s a critical hit. Which in rabid gear is pretty often.
So you don’t have to take my word for it as I no longer main an Engineer and I don’t believe I came to full circle with understanding the profession. But I would still like to believe if you’re going strictly for condition damage, Necromancer is the way to go.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma