Can we get a workaround for Simin?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

Hi.
Yesterday afternoon me and four guildies of mine did Arah path 4 for the first time.

We got to Simin without any trouble, knowing the other three paths well.
And, like it happened to many others, she bugged out.

After some attempts, it was pretty obvious we had hit a bug, so we came here on the forums and we found out immediately we weren’t alone and it was indeed a problem with the stealth timer.

We reset her many many times (like 15-20), tried swapping characters, different positions, resetting her while she was visible, while she was stealthed, inside and outside the cave, but she just kept bugging out and disappearing at 50% health in any consecutive attempt.

I read the closed post where the moderator aknowledged the bug and said a solution was probably close. In the meanwhile, though, there are many players, unaware of the bug, who discover it the hard way, like we did.

Some players have reported being able to reset the bug by resetting the boss’ health, while others, like ourselves, couldn’t manage to have her behave as intended, no matter how many times we tried.

I think it would be useful if, while we wait for a definitive solution, the Devs explained workarounds to unlock the situation so that those who hit the bug’s wall don’t waste a run.

For us, being our first time and thus proceeding carefully, it was a wasted afternoon.

And before someone comes here acting all smart, no, it’s not a lack of DPS, sometimes we kited the sparks in a matter of 10 secs, and she was just a tad above 50%, when she reappeared, yet she would disappear immediately afterwards, as soon as she went down to 50% again.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Y’know how Lupus applies himself back into phase2 if he heals too much on his p3 aoe life drain?

Same thing, she applies herself to phase 1. So you gotta bring them sparks to the statue before she breaks 50%.

Or just use 4-1 if it still works.

Posted by: Reunen.7306

Reunen.7306

I’ve killed Simin twice now (after nerf) so I’m not talking nonsense.

There are phases to the fight. The first phase is where she disappears at 50% regardless of any DPS. Second phase is where she goes invisible after a set amount of time. There are no indicators unfortunately as to what phase she is in.

Also, did you have a Mesmer in your group? Time-warp is a lifesaver on that fight. I’ve only managed to kill her because of a well placed TW by the group Mesmer.

4-1 method doesn’t work since the latest patch ;/

Member of Lux Arcana [Lux] EU

Iehova.9518

4-1 method doesn’t work since the latest patch ;/

They finally removed the 4-1 feature then? What happens when you try to use it anyway?

Reunen.7306

The boss doesn’t reappear after only putting one spark in. You have to kite them all in as usual ;C

Urxx.6840

You do have an indication in which phase she is: after the first time she disappears the fight is in phase 2. And of course when she reappers she will be above 50% health, since she disappeared at 50% and you can be as quick as you want but she will regen a bit.

Now if she disappears every time she goes down to 50% instead of being on a timer, it’s impossible to kill her, time warp or not.

Also, it’s been aknowledged by the Devs this is indeed a bug:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Simin-is-a-DPS-check/1649696

So please don’t try and teach how to do Simin because that is off-topic.

Iehova.9518

The boss doesn’t reappear after only putting one spark in. You have to kite them all in as usual ;C

Well kitten. Guess I won’t be doing Simin in a very long time, considering how long it took them to remove a boss-breaking feature (Bjarl).

The second reply contains your workaround. Up the DPS, bring a TW bot. I did her a long, long, LONG time ago when we were new and bad; surely you can do it now.

(edited by Iehova.9518)

Reunen.7306

That wasn’t my intention, sorry if I offended you

I’m not suggesting that it’s working perfectly. Nor did I suggest that there isn’t a bug. Without trying to cause offense, it’s not impossible. The guide on the forums for Arah P4 (which has been stickied btw) has a group setup of I think 1 mesmer, 1 guardian and 3 warriors.

Both times I’ve killed Simin I had a Mesmer in my group and 2 warriors. Like Iehova said, your workaround is more DPS and I would suggest a Mesmer if you haven’t got one.

(edited by Reunen.7306)

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

Shortly, what i got from this topic is “In order to kill Simin, you need a mesmer in your group” . I have heard this so many times not only about Simin … it is not fun anymore. When it come about dungeon group setup we play “Mesmer Wars” .
I thought GW2 broke the holy trinity style in MMOs. Seems instead of “holy trinity” we have a “holy mesmer” …
I’m gona delete all my characters as useless. It is time to level a mesmer.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Anet already made that boss easy mode. Also, it’s not bugged in any way. I is the elite path of the elite dungeon so you should just try harder and play better.

Urxx.6840

That wasn’t my intention, sorry if I offended you

No offence taken mate, it’s all good.

I don’t dispute that certain group setups might cause the bug not to trigger or to trigger less often, and the fact the added DPS from a mesmer’s TW could influence the chance of the bug manifesting itsef could be useful to the Devs if they still haven’t reproduced the problem constistently and tracked down the root cause.

But since ANet has reduced Simin’s regen sensibly, I think I can safely say they are trying to part from dungeon setups that require a certain group composition, as this is against their initial idea that you could run dungeons with 5 character of the same class, of any class, provided they knew how to play.

Our guild is a small guild, and none of us has rolled a mesmer so far. We do other paths regularly with a group of 4 (and Lupi is even more fun that way). We don’t like the idea of having to roll a mesmer or invite one to complete path 4, and since it appears we couldn’t succeed because of a bug and not our group composition, we’d like to get a workaround.

Also, aside from selfish reasons, I think it would be nice for players who find out too late that P4 is bugged, to have a workaround so the time they spent to get to Simin is not wasted.

Of course if and when this bug will be fixed, that will be the ideal solution of the problem, this is just a temporary request in the meanwhile.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Well kitten. Guess I won’t be doing Simin in a very long time, considering how long it took them to remove a boss-breaking feature (Bjarl).

The second reply contains your workaround. Up the DPS, bring a TW bot. I did her a long, long, LONG time ago when we were new and bad; surely you can do it now.

They nerfed her hard enough that the 4-1 method isn’t necessary anyway. You have to try it to see for yourself just how bad she got nerfed.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Urxx.6840

Also, it’s not bugged in any way. I is the elite path of the elite dungeon so you should just try harder and play better.

Hi Zenith,
The team is aware of this bug and is working on solving it. We understand this can cause frustration – since Arah is already a tricky dungeon – but we would like to aks you to have some patience. We hope to bring you good news about this soon.
Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed.

Which part of the expression “this bug” isn’t clear to you?

Iehova.9518

They nerfed her hard enough that the 4-1 method isn’t necessary anyway. You have to try it to see for yourself just how bad she got nerfed.

I have the feeling that convincing my group to do Simin will be harder than killing her. The last round of carrying scrubs to DM was particularly painful.

When it come about dungeon group setup we play “Mesmer Wars” .

Bullkitten. TW and feedback are merely gimmicks which aren’t necessary to complete any of the unfeatured content.

(edited by Iehova.9518)

Reunen.7306

But since ANet has reduced Simin’s regen sensibly, I think I can safely say they are trying to part from dungeon setups that require a certain group composition, as this is against their initial idea that you could run dungeons with 5 character of the same class, of any class, provided they knew how to play.

100% agree

Urxx.6840

I have the feeling that convincing my group to do Simin will be harder than killing her. The last round of carrying scrubs to DM was particularly painful.

When it come about dungeon group setup we play “Mesmer Wars” .

Bullkitten. TW and feedback are merely gimmicks which aren’t necessary to complete any of the content.

From what I saw yesterday you’re right and I’d say P4 is significantly easier than P1 now. The only problem is that presently P4 is a russian roulette, because if she bugs out she will stealth each end every time she hits 50% health, even if she came out of stealth 2 secs before and you kited the sparks in record time.

If that happens, you’re not going to kill her, no matter how much DPS you have or how coordinated is your group.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’ve done path 4 a few times post-nerf, and Simin has worked fairly well each time aside from the first. The first time, we tried the 4-1 method to see if it would still work. It didn’t, and that messed up the rest of the fight. She would get to 50% health and stealth again, and after repeated attempts to get her below that 50%, we reset her and did it the normal method. The other few times, my group killed her with the intended method of taking all 5 sparks in, and between our group makeup of 3 Warriors, 1 Guardian, 1 Mesmer and kiting the sparks in in about 10 seconds, she went down as normal.

First, my advice would be to stop trying the 4-1 method if you are doing that, second, it would be to learn to position her properly and have spark runners that know what they are doing. The method I teach people (when I used to PUG p4 repeatedly) was the one we used in Strife’s video by pushing her into a particular corner, allowing spark runners to go unhindered by the rest of the party. All of this being said, it is possible to do Simin without super high DPS, as I’ve even completed the fight in PUGs with groups like 2 Guardian, 1 Ele, 1 Thief, 1 Engi (pre-nerf, mind you). The fight is more about technique in my opinion, and that is where a lot of people go wrong. They try to fight her in the middle of the room, the tear-thrower isn’t fast enough, spark runners are too slow, etc. If you can perfect all of that, you should be able to at least improve your chances in the fight. If not, you can always just ask for Warriors, Mesmers and Guardians when you are forming your group.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Urxx.6840

The first time, we tried the 4-1 method to see if it would still work. It didn’t, and that messed up the rest of the fight. She would get to 50% health and stealth again, and after repeated attempts to get her below that 50%, we reset her and did it the normal method.

That’s what happened to us too, minus the 4+1 method. We directly kited the 5 sparks the normal way.

I think in your case the fact Simin bugged when trying the 4+1 method was just a coincidence but there’s no cause-effect relationship between the two circumstances.

Also, in our case resetting her whouldn’t reset the bug.

When the bug happens, she switches back to phase 1 when she goes above 50%, instead of staying in phase 2 and being driven by a stealth timer and not by her health level. As you saw yourself, you can’t kill her when that happens, because she enters a loop where you can’t bring her below 50%.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

No. we were able to kill her each time, regardless of her bugging or not. It took maybe an extra cycle of kiting sparks, up to 3 in one instance, but we did it each time. Also, after we got her past the first phase, we were able to kill her in one Time Warp in one phase. The few times she went back at the initial 50%, it only took maybe 4 hits total to get her to disappear. I’m sure it had something to do with how high our DPS was, but its still doable nonetheless.

Brazil

Urxx.6840

Then you didn’t really hit the bug I was referring to, and that ANet aknowledged. When she bugs out that way, she goes back to phase 1 each and every time she gets out of stealth.

First time she stealths exactly at 50%. No matter how quick you are to kite the sparks, when she reappers she has something more than 50% health because she did regen a bit. Let’s say she has 50,9%. As soon as you bring her back down to 50% (which in that case would take mere seconds if you have decent DPS) she disappears again. Rinse and repeat.

You can’t kill her if she disappears at 50% no matter how little she’s been visible. That’s why in phase 2 her stealth is supposed to be driven by a timer and not her health.

If you were able to kill her then she wasn’t really bugged, or at least not in the way my party has experienced.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

IF that fight has phases it would be very useful to have some sort of indicator showing the phase shift. That would make it a lot more obvious if there is an actual bug or if she is just bouncing between phases for other reasons.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

IF that fight has phases it would be very useful to have some sort of indicator showing the phase shift. That would make it a lot more obvious if there is an actual bug or if she is just bouncing between phases for other reasons.

Actually it’s good idea if they can change the color of the boss health to indicate the phases.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Then you didn’t really hit the bug I was referring to, and that ANet aknowledged. When she bugs out that way, she goes back to phase 1 each and every time she gets out of stealth.

First time she stealths exactly at 50%. No matter how quick you are to kite the sparks, when she reappers she has something more than 50% health because she did regen a bit. Let’s say she has 50,9%. As soon as you bring her back down to 50% (which in that case would take mere seconds if you have decent DPS) she disappears again. Rinse and repeat.

You can’t kill her if she disappears at 50% no matter how little she’s been visible. That’s why in phase 2 her stealth is supposed to be driven by a timer and not her health.

If you were able to kill her then she wasn’t really bugged, or at least not in the way my party has experienced.

I’m quite aware of the mechanics to this specific fight, and yes, I did experience what you were describing. The groups I’ve taken through that dungeon get sparks in quickly, and she would reappear at X amount of health and disappear at 50% irregardless of what we did (for a few “phases,” if you will). We were, however, still able to kill Simin each time this happened. It could be that we run a very organized group with people that know exactly what their role is, that we have spark runners that can consistently and perfectly kite sparks in each time, it may be that our DPS was able to break past whatever barrier was implemented by this bug. Previous to the patch, we would set Simin up in the corner, DPS her to 50%, take sparks in, and then kill her outright in the next phase. After the patch, it’s taken a few phases of her resetting at 50% but we have been successful in defeating her each time. I acknowledge that the fight is not as fluid as it used to be, from this bug or whatever it may be, but at most it has only slowed us down a few minutes.

Is there a problem with the fight? Yes. Is it causing some groups to be unable to complete the path? Yes. I’m just saying that my groups have not been forced to restart the dungeon because of it and that it IS possible to complete the fight.

Brazil

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

After the patch, it’s taken a few phases of her resetting at 50% but we have been successful in defeating her each time.

This doesn’t sound like fun. I mean dps’ing Simin to 50% repeatedly hoping that the boss wont bug. Does it have anything to do with where you place Simin? Reading the other posts it doesn’t sound like it.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’ve always found that getting her into a corner works (We do my strat in Strife’s p4 video). Not sure that has anything to do with the bug, though. And it’s not like it took half an hour extra to get past the bug. When I say it took a few extra phases, I mean maybe about 3 minutes extra at most. The fight never takes us that long, maybe 4-5 minutes total if she bugs out, probably less than 2 under optimal conditions.

Brazil

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I did her 2 days ago, she didnt AOE, she didn’t stealth, just stood there and got dps’d from 100% to 0% and died. No one got petrified and the sparks didn’t even get used.

After reading this thread I guess she just bugged out, which is good because as someone who got my dungeon master title when simin was at her hardest I was pretty disspointed with her.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You do have an indication in which phase she is: after the first time she disappears the fight is in phase 2. And of course when she reappers she will be above 50% health, since she disappeared at 50% and you can be as quick as you want but she will regen a bit.

Now if she disappears every time she goes down to 50% instead of being on a timer, it’s impossible to kill her, time warp or not.

No. I did this path last week. You just need big burst when she reappears so you’ve dipped her low enough before her 50% invuln animation sets in.

Our fight kept reseting at 50% because I brought a ranger. I switched to my mesmer main, and popped a time warp. Between me and the warriors we did a spike that even as she went into stealth at 50 we had dipped her below that before invuln kicked in, and we ran sparks quick enough to get her to not stealth back above 50.

You just need a big push. So the fight is still a DPS/burst check regardless of the intentions.

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

You just need a big push. So the fight is still a DPS/burst check regardless of the intentions.

Which is what’s wrong with this encounter. You’re not supposed to need X spec or Y class to pass a dungeon. CoF1 is done best with ’zerker Warriors and Mesmers, but it can just as well be done with a mix of random classes albeit slower.

Dwayna on the other hand you can not beat unless you bring a certain number of damage per second. It goes against the core design philosophy of the game. This fight needs to be scrapped or totally redesigned.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Khaolic.1832

Khaolic.1832

Well, try again. So far we have killed Simin lots and I have to say that I have never witnessed this bug. Not once.

I have been in groups that got stuck at phase 2, with Simin healing up, sometimes several times in a row, due to poor communication in the group.

As for the bit about it being a DPS check, thats so far from the truth its laughable. Done it with extremly high DPS groups (3 warriors 1 mesmer 1 engie) and about the opposite (1 warrior 1 ranger 1 engie 2 condition necros) and its about the same, exept group set up 2 has to bring their A-game for a longer duration (more repeats on the kiting) then groupset up 1 did.

Never ever have we failed Simin. What I can say though, is that if the group takes a bit on the long side with the sparks (and I think this is where 90% of the “OH SNAP SHE SO BUGGED” posts are really coming from, delusions on how fast you are) you most likely won´t win.

So, for set up 2, in an effort to max out the DPS, park the warrior where Simin stealths, always send any pet class back to the tree and tell them to hug it until trap has been dealt with, and the people running sparks do that.
Usually PUGs here take at least 3-4 cycles before sparks are done in anything even resembling a good fashion, then you have time lost from petrification (honestly, most people just don´t land tears as soon as it switches from stare into stun) as well as her healing and its very very easy for people to start thinking its bugged.

Like I said though, it really isn´t. And we have been stuck, for long periods at a time, at 45%-55%, after the initial switch. Sometimes its just harsh.

Now I don´t know where this minute for DPS that people keep refering to comes from, I can honestly say that the window between stealth cycles seems more like 30 seconds, so a 10 second spark kite gives 20 seconds of DPS, a 15 second gives 15 and so on. Then toss 1 petrified on top and a few bad rounds and Simins restealthing sure seems instant indeed. But it isn´t.

Practice makes perfect. And I´m positive it wasn´t perfect for 90% of the groups.

That said, they sure could fix some stuff here, it´s sad that even I feel that rangers are an issue on path 4 of Arah. A big hindrance. And I´m so far away from being an elitist overall but they do make Simin twice as hard. I can only imagine how “fun” it would be wiht 2 there.

And also, buff the reward from the legendary giant event. 2 silver for 3 purple giants feels kinda like cheating. Not even a chest? Really?

Oglaf.1074

And also, buff the reward from the legendary giant event. 2 silver for 3 purple giants feels kinda like cheating. Not even a chest? Really?

The whole path needs to be increased to like 120 Tokens. Same with the Jotun path. Why run them when you can run the Chicken path in 1/3 or even 1/4 of the time for the same tokens?

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: codpin.6542

codpin.6542

The whole path needs to be increased to like 120 Tokens. Same with the Jotun path. Why run them when you can run the Chicken path in 1/3 or even 1/4 of the time for the same tokens?

Because there is a difference between a challenging path and farm path. If you want to farm arah tokens, go for path 3. Its easy and its fast. If you want a break from the monotony, go for the other paths.

I just did p4 with some guildies last night and it was fun. I was the only one that did p4 before (even before the nerf) and i was surprised how easy Simin is now. I mean they really nerfed it. We did it the first try, even if the guys didn’t had much clue what’s going on and we had a few people being petrified for more then a few seconds. Now with this nerf, i think p4 became the easiest path for an organized group. Its still long as hell but the bosses are waaaay to easy and the trash skipping is easier then in any other path.

I can’t understand people that want every path in every dungeon to be farmable. Every dungeon has its farm path and its longer and more tedious paths. Deal with it.

Faith of Astora - Guardian | Faith Mess - Mesmer | Faith War - Warrior
Member of ASq Guild – Gandara [EU]

(edited by codpin.6542)

Posted by: Khaolic.1832

Khaolic.1832

Personally I just run dungeons for fun now. And prefer not skipping trash at all, although the compromise we have at the moment in my regular grou kitten kipping the golden mobs with four buckets of HP that drop a blue each while we do kill the silver stuff.

Now, since it is kinda easy, you can afford to squeeze in some MF, like utility slot on the ascended neck / hybrid rings (sun / moon) / signet of luck / food buff is what I use. With that and not skipping trash you average 4 yellows from the trash for Arah P4, usually 2 from the shorter ones.
Not much, but its something and getting a little does make the trash a bit more fun even if I tend towards thinking the fights in themselves are the reward for doing them.
Nothing says “good run” like completing P4 with trash and no repair bill at all. (Gear don´t break before you are defeated, not on downs)

But on topic, I really don´t think Simin breaks as often as people claim. If she did it would stand to reason that we would have gotten “THE EBOLABUG OF 50%!!111!” at least once by now. Never happened.
But we have been stuck around 50% several times like I said. Always due to the groups inability, and eventually it always fixes itself after repositioning and some short discussions.
I will admit that P4 is the one and only path in the entire game that I just plain don´t go on without having at least 1 guildie along with me though, that particular bit is very stressful. Especially with the youtube crowd in todays MMOs, watching a movie of someone else doing it with a particular set up and then thinking that will fly just as good with a completely different set up.

But we all play differently, I find speed runs plain boring (not because we suck at them, we tried that some and I know some guildies do it on the side, it just isn´t for me, might as well solo farm CS for all the fun you get out of that) and while we very rarely wipe on any trash in any dungeon anymore, I didn´t mind wiping when we learned it.

In contrast, having never done CoF exept 1 time doing story – 1 – 2 – 3 I can say that being part of a group that routinly smashes trash all over, we had exactly 1 stopping point in CoF part 3 (puzzle) and nobody even reflected on anything else in there being hard. At all. In a group that contains both a ranger and a engineer.
So when people say something is “way overtuned” or “bugged” while skipping trash cos they read it on the net, there might be a point in just learning how to fight stuff.

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

I just did p4 with some guildies last night and it was fun. I was the only one that did p4 before (even before the nerf) and i was surprised how easy Simin is now. I mean they really nerfed it. We did it the first try, even if the guys didn’t had much clue what’s going on and we had a few people being petrified for more then a few seconds. Now with this nerf, i think p4 became the easiest path for an organized group. Its still long as hell but the bosses are waaaay to easy and the trash skipping is easier then in any other path.

I can’t understand people that want every path in every dungeon to be farmable. Every dungeon has its farm path and its longer and more tedious paths. Deal with it.

Today I’ve done p4 for the very first time with a group of pugs, with only two players who ran it before. It was a very smooth run, without wipes and Simin… well I don’t know how it was before the patch, but that boss is really doable easy even with pugs. A proof that smart people can do anything (we didn’t even push it towards the wall as “normal” strategy suggest!). No bugs, just raw dps + 2 people to kite sparks (one was me) + 1 player to throw tears. That’s it.

Group compo: 2 Guardians, 1 Thief, 1 Mesmer, 1 Warrior

Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I beat simin before ANET made her easier to beat. I used ranger. My group composition was ranger, guardian, engineer, elementalist, and warrior—just thought I’d throw that out there. It only took us a few attempts to complete this dungeon. With other groups, I spent hours on this boss to no avail: that includes groups with warriors and mesmers. I’m just saying that skill with a profession trumps all.

Oh, and run the sparks faster.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

For those who’re QQing about w/o a mesmer + 3 war, you can’t kill Simin, I’m here to prove you wrong.

This fight took place sometime in March, after they fixed the 4-1 bug.
Stop QQing about the dps check problem, you’re team is just not coordinating enough.
Your team should:
1. Have a dedicated puller for 3 of the 5 orbs
2. All members should be aware of petrification and should be able to help cleanse it.
3. Determination

Yes, it may seem that she is not losing hp, but sure she does!!
Especially if your puller starts getting really good at pulling those orbs.

I’m not here to respond to the bug issue the OP encounted.
I’m here to respond to those who QQ about the dps check on Simin after the patch.

As you can see, this team I was in have no mesmer and only two warriors.

Attachments:

(edited by Aomine.5012)

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Thank you for actually posting a screenshot of that. You’ve got her in the proper corner and you definitely make it sound like your group was aware of the mechanics. Hopefully people will realize that it’s possible to do the fight, providing you have the proper “technique,” if you will.

Brazil

Posted by: Loltha.2390

Loltha.2390

Urxx is 100% right in describing the manner and problem with Simin. We couldn’t believe how fast we were taking her down from 100% health to 50% …people even commented on how they nerfed her. We got stuck, just as he said, at the 50% mark and were unable to get her past that hiccup. We even tried to reset her, with every running out of range but when we came back we found another glitch. The rings on the ground that the sparks slot into completely disappeared.

We knew the area we needed to run in and around to get the sparks to sit properly but the markers for this area went missing.

Oglaf.1074

Because there is a difference between a challenging path and farm path. If you want to farm arah tokens, go for path 3. Its easy and its fast. If you want a break from the monotony, go for the other paths.

You’re wrong.

The rewards should be relative to the time it takes to complete.

It is not rocket science. Apart from getting Dungeon Master, nobody will ever do Path 1 and 4 again. It is a shame to have content that doesn’t get used more than once simply because the rewards are not in par.

Compare it to AC how every path in that dungeon is worth doing. That’s how it should be.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

The rewards should be relative to the time it takes to complete.

It is not rocket science. Apart from getting Dungeon Master, nobody will ever do Path 1 and 4 again. It is a shame to have content that doesn’t get used more than once simply because the rewards are not in par.

Compare it to AC how every path in that dungeon is worth doing. That’s how it should be.

I’ve done this path multiple times and will probably continue doing so, because I play this game for the fun, and not for the shinies.

But agreed that the rewards could be better.

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Now you need continuous pull of sparks by 2 members (1 at the far end, pulling 3, 1 at the close end, pulling 2). In this manner you will only have 4 people fighting simin. When we did it we started with 4-1, and took a little bit of time before we figured it out. That said, the new simin is really really easy, just more tedious. Of course, a simple dps check like before wasn’t the most thought provoking fight either.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Now you need continuous pull of sparks by 2 members (1 at the far end, pulling 3, 1 at the close end, pulling 2). In this manner you will only have 4 people fighting simin. When we did it we started with 4-1, and took a little bit of time before we figured it out. That said, the new simin is really really easy, just more tedious. Of course, a simple dps check like before wasn’t the most thought provoking fight either.

I don’t… What? You don’t need a continuous pulling of sparks. Have the spark runners go when she is about to stealth, have a Guardian throw tears while DPSing at the same time. The 4-1 doesn’t work anymore. Simin is nowhere near as tedious an encounter as it used to be, it’s flat-out easy. As long as you have a basic idea of what to do, you can push her into a wall and melee with only 3 people actually doing any type of job.

Brazil

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Just did an Arah path 4 with 2 necros (1 condition spec), 1 ele, 1 guard and 1 mes (me). They were kind enough to have a path 4 newbie like me. It took a few stealth iterations to set up the rhythm but it was pretty much smooth sailing from that point on.

I will say it is very buggy though. Once the sparks appeared when Dwayna was still visible and vulnerable. Twice I was petrified but could move (and use a tear to cure myself).

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

If you have Stability when you become petrified, your character will turn grey but will still be able to move about. If you had a Guardian, it’s possible that they were using “Stand Your Ground” and prevented you from receiving the effects from being petrified. You can also cure yourself if you time throwing a tear properly, and you can throw a tear at yourself if you had Stability when you were petrified. I’ve not experienced Simin being visible while the sparks are out, I may have to see if that is something that happened after this patch. I need to do path 4 again anyhow.

Brazil

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Nice! So i guess the movement while petrified is not really a bug. Good to know.

(edited by mosspit.8936)