Can we get an updated DPS tier list

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Thief is much more preferred in any fast run groups just because he supports and utilizes icebow better than the engi.

Berserker engie is weaker than Thief with ice bow, yes, but the difference isn’t noticeable to the human eye. A 9 second ice bow boss fight lasts 9.5 with berserker engie in place of thief, and thats being generous to the Thief. Whoop de doo.

I can’t wait for Ice Bow to be gone then we get to read all the threads about how useless Thief is as a class in PvE.

Thief is useless? Stealth is useless? high damage in single target is useless?

Thief has pretty much nothing that cannot be done by an engineer as well.

Oh, brilliant, does that mean we can finally do arah records with engineers blinking through walls?

Blinking is an exploit, enjoy your ban

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Thief is much more preferred in any fast run groups just because he supports and utilizes icebow better than the engi.

Berserker engie is weaker than Thief with ice bow, yes, but the difference isn’t noticeable to the human eye. A 9 second ice bow boss fight lasts 9.5 with berserker engie in place of thief, and thats being generous to the Thief. Whoop de doo.

I can’t wait for Ice Bow to be gone then we get to read all the threads about how useless Thief is as a class in PvE.

Oh, brilliant, does that mean we can finally do arah records with engineers blinking through walls?

Well, i hope the new raids focus more on the actual boss-fights than on how fast you can get from one boss to the next one.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Any class can do the teleporting as long as it’s you playing it Abe

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

i’ve missed you

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

lmfaoo

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

My DPS on my Engie is total kitten compared to my DPS on my Thief because I am mediocre on Engie.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

^ Fact about efficiency.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

My DPS on my Engie is total kitten compared to my DPS on my Thief because I am mediocre on Engie.

What? How hard is it to play a DPS engi? It’s the easiest rotation in the world:

FT1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Sick deeps bro.

Is there an archive of the DPS calcs as they’ve changed from patch to patch? DnT forums maybe?

It’d be quite interesting to see all classes’ DPS plotted together over time, or even just a histogram of the current numbers. It’d be cool to see a visual representation showing how big some of the gaps are.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Bribe dekeyz, 11/10 chance she has the goods you’re looking for.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Would ele.be out of the meta if icebow.is nerfed?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Considering the benefits of prestacking might/ fury and the strengths of glyph/MS, no.

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Actually, I am asking these because I don’t think those benefits are enough. Engi can prestack might, and Rev can provide fury for instance, with a lot more of utility. Glyph of storm without icebow is not that necessary (a burst of vulnerability won’t be that important).

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

1 ele would still be in every party. They have a solid amount of utility even without IB but atleast it would give other classes a chance to become a part of the “meta” comp.

doddbox.8153

You’re going off on a tangent here, weighing in HoT changes and any presumptions on that alone isn’t going to achieve anything. Icebow is just a giant sized Cherry on a really strong class, sustain damage from Staff has always been good, the damage from Glyph alone is good and MS hits like a truck.

I could factor in a lot more important feats than just damage but I’ll leave that for now, I can picture another class replacing a second/third Elementalist but dropping out of the meta altogether would take a lot more than nerfing IB.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

A first revenant is far better than a second ele in a world without ice bow. The more interesting question is whether or not a ranger will end up being better than the first ele from a total team DPS standpoint without ice bow.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I really hope they’ll give more attention to the “barely-almost-there” classes, because it sincerely bores me to see class stacking. It annoyed me in gw1, it annoys me in rpgs, it annoys me here. In all games, it’s simply something I don’t like seeing.
I’ve had just about enough of the staff ele/ps warrior meta.
… no I’m not delusional enough to think it’s gonna change much with hot :/

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Based on dev comments on the forums, I think we can expect a balance pass before/with HoT for the vanilla specializations. They have said several times Ele’s dominance in every game mode will be addressed.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

doddbox.8153

Ele’s dominance in every game mode will be addressed.

Amen

Hallelujah

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

A first revenant is far better than a second ele in a world without ice bow. The more interesting question is whether or not a ranger will end up being better than the first ele from a total team DPS standpoint without ice bow.

I’m honestly skeptical about Ranger unless Druid brings something unique since I don’t think Frost Spirit will be able to survive as well in raids as it does in dungeon speed runs.

I have a feeling there won’t be that many safe places for it to sit without being out of range in any real challenging content.

Taku.6352

Even if frost/sun spirit dies immediately after its summoned it’s effect will still linger around for good while so the actual downtime of these buffs is rather minimal.

deSade.9437

Y it lingers for around 6+ seconds so it’s not a big deal unless they increase the cd because spirits are too op /cough… what worries me is the pet but eh

doddbox.8153

Given how squishy they are they should either a modify the* trait to give them a bigger health pool or increase the range and place them similarly to how you placed GW1 spirits, if there is literally no safe place for them then it’s fair game IMO.

(edited by doddbox.8153)

deSade.9437

But they give 1s of might every 3 seconds….

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

You also have to consider that you can’t freeze, chill, cripple or immobilize bosses anymore. What would be better to keep a boss like archdiviner rooted for a long time than a ranger’s bear?

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

You also have to consider that you can’t freeze, chill, cripple or immobilize bosses anymore. What would be better to keep a boss like archdiviner rooted for a long time than a ranger’s bear?

Rocky

deSade.9437

Bears don’t have a 96s-120 cooldown! And they’re fluffier. Cuter.

E, if chill exc is still applied it’s something. I’m surprised they considered it.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Chill will still proc the icon (not the effect) on immune break-bar bosses and the corresponding traits.

Snow Crows [SC]

Taku.6352

Y it lingers for around 6+ seconds so it’s not a big deal unless they increase the cd because spirits are too op /cough… what worries me is the pet but eh

It’s more like 10-15 seconds since the spirit corpse still applies the buff until it disappears.

deSade.9437

Depends on when the kitten dies.

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Rocky

Rocky Bearbowa

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

deSade.9437

Rocky

Rocky Bearbowa

10/10 would collar and nail

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Since engi’s don’t really need their elite for power dps rotation; Coud you take the invis gyro for your fello thiefs in your party?
Since the gyro will be giving them the reveal buff when they attack out of invis that would save them some initiative so they can do more with their own rotation?
( they still get +200 power with the revealed buff right? )

Sarah

Taku.6352

External stealth application is super bad for thieves if they plan on doing backstabs. And besides you’d still have to use the scrapper line in order to get that flying kitten and lose out on stuff that tools has to offer.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Depending on how fast it stacks stealth, it may still be a good substitute for SR for skipping (although obviously not with mobs around).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Taku.6352

4 seconds at 3 second intervals and generally if you need stealth for a skip that usually means there are mobs around.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

https://youtu.be/EcdUMSq_mdU?t=34m53s looks like stealth gyro got some hate from chieftain. Is it his awesome mechanic to agro everything around when you try to stealth or am I missing something?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

4 seconds at 3 second intervals and generally if you need stealth for a skip that usually means there are mobs around.

And if there isn’t you can bomb kit, or if you just used it, then you wait 5s and do it again. Really struggling to find a use for it when it agros things.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

External stealth application is super bad for thieves if they plan on doing backstabs. And besides you’d still have to use the scrapper line in order to get that flying kitten and lose out on stuff that tools has to offer.

I know the hammer is attached to the trait line although I didn’t think the gyros would be too. If it isn’t I was just thinking it would of been a nice way for them to not have to use cloak and dagger and spend the initiative on more damaging stuff.

Edit: Another counter to my idea is buffing theif vs using obital for stacking might plus damage.

(edited by Sarahfull.4930)

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Bears don’t have a 96s-120 cooldown! And they’re fluffier. Cuter.

E, if chill exc is still applied it’s something. I’m surprised they considered it.

Bear autoattacks also do less damage than a single burning tick from an ele BEFORE the condi changes (when burning didn’t stack).

Using the bear is nice and all, but it comes at the price of utterly gutting the ranger’s already mediocre damage.

Meanwhile ele loses very little with the rock ele, and even then you have to question the necessity of either with how disgustingly OP a guardian with communal defenses and mace+focus is.

Communal Defenses, Phalanx Strength, and Persisting Flames are surefire traits to be on the chopping block of nerfs.

deSade.9437

/chokes on milk

Wha—-dude, you seriously need a long vacation.