Cliffside Fractal boss is poorly designed

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: soulcakeduck.7036

soulcakeduck.7036

The bugs don’t help make him enjoyable either. Here are the problems with his new design:

1. All of his challenging abilities are during the same “phase” of the fight. Every other phase is unbelievably boring, while one is unbelievably hard.

2. His abilities stack up a bit too well. Red circle spam, a player-pull, a PBAoE nova, and dangerous adds during transitions that can largely be avoided by staying out of most areas of the room, all have the same effect, creating “Danger Zones.” There’s too many, too quickly chained together for this one phase, making it easy to get pinned down, where the right move to avoid one lethal attack forces you into another.

3. His PBAoE nova is poorly telegraphed, for its power. His spell reflect (? or whatever was throwing 7k fireballs at us) is also poorly telegraphed. I’ve done this new fight 3 times successfully—quite a time sink in it—and am still not entirely sure when which attack is coming.

4. Cages. Just like binding roots, it seems to be impossible to find the direction that allows you to DPS these. If you’re a build without much AoE damage, good luck, hope your group can save you without killing you by bringing the boss closer.

5. Length. It feels a bit grindy but this is probably because 80% of the fight is so incredibly boring. Maybe shorten the encounter at the beginning of the fractal if it just gets copy-pasted later?

6. Graveyard zerging. Who knows if this is even intended, but his health doesn’t reset when groups wipe—though the Seal’s life does.

Spread his abilities out better and animate them better. Or, I expect groups to graveyard zerg his nova phase and then AFK the rest.

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I completed him twice without using the exploit. The first time we had a party of 3, the second time with 4. It wasn’t a problem.

#3 this was never an issue for me.

#4 is an issue in a lot of places when attacking objects. Disabling auto-target helps a lot.

#6 appeared to be an issue, but did not seem to impede us the first time-the second we didn’t wipe.

This is not the new fight you are doing, this is the fight some of us have been doing right along.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

More often than not, I mainly have an issue seeing the circle sometimes… the thin red border can be a little hard to make out where it is on the ground given the ground colors and textures. Is there a UI option to make the circle border a little thicker?