Commander tag being bound to raid leading

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Timberclaw.7496

Timberclaw.7496

Hello community,

I am a bit concerned about the commander tag being required to do ready checks and place markers inside raids.

I am scared to go spend 300g on a commander tag which I am not even close to interested in besides being able to lead and teach raids properly, just to hear some news in three weeks that its going to be changed.

Has Anet ever stated anything related to this concern? Are there any plans to split ready checks and markers from inside raids so they are not bound to the commander tag itself?

In my opinion the commander tag is for leading squads in WvW and PVE. I think raids should not have a 300g paywall just to being able to call out ready checks.

And before you say “just go farm some gold”, not all players have all the time in the world to farm gold. Some people just want to make their hours inside the game as enjoyable as possible. I love this game, and thats why I am scared to spend so much gold on something that a few weeks later might get changed.

What do you guys think?

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

You can easily raid without markers and ready checks. A tag is not required.

It’s unlikely to change, as many thousands of people have purchased tags for those features and wouldn’t be particularly happy. If Anet does anything, they’re likely to add more features for those that have bought it.

If those extra features seem worthwhile, then someone in your raid group should buy a tag. With an organized group of 10, each chipping in 30 gold, that’s a couple hours of dungeon running, max.

Remember that raiding was designed as high skill content for dedicated players. Frankly, if 300 gold is completely out of your group’s reach, you likely won’t fare very well actually raiding. If you don’t have the time to make that, you’re not going to have the time to practice the encounters to successfully complete them.

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

I could never follow that the book was raised to 300 gold just because in the eyes of some friends labeling themselves to be the “community” had claimed that there would be “too many bad commanders” , as raising the hurdle for ingame functions dont make people better commanders. specially not the ones who already had the book back then. I think it was just a move of the gw2monetization cartels to try to establish their own commanders and make people visit their community website and ts.

Since ingame content has changed and new content arrived the book shall be cheaper again.

let me entertain you

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I could never follow that the book was raised to 300 gold just because in the eyes of some friends labeling themselves to be the “community” had claimed that there would be “too many bad commanders” , as raising the hurdle for ingame functions dont make people better commanders. specially not the ones who already had the book back then. I think it was just a move of the gw2monetization cartels to try to establish their own commanders and make people visit their community website and ts.

Since ingame content has changed and new content arrived the book shall be cheaper again.

They didn’t raise the price because of too many bad commanders. They raised the price from being soulbound to account bound.

As in, before you had to buy a tag for each character you needed it on. Now you buy it once and every character you ever create will have it.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

Frankly you don’t need markers although they are helpful. You can get the minimap aspect for the a specific subsquad by using personal waypoints although those are limited to subsquads.

Ready checks can be easily replaced by saying “press x in chat if ready” and then saying “go” when you’ve confirmed everyone has pressed x.

These are all workarounds but the 300 gold has to worth something.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I am slightly amused by the ready check bit. If a tiny group of 10 people can’t manage to coordinate enough to deal with that then how are they going to manage to do the actual fights?

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

I am slightly amused by the ready check bit. If a tiny group of 10 people can’t manage to coordinate enough to deal with that then how are they going to manage to do the actual fights?

It’s not only a check for the people. Most squads also use it as a Countdown with the raid-wide message being the GO. That way everyone can already have their hands on the controls, rather than having the chat open. I’d love to have it sometimes in e.g. the high tier swamp fractal or the CoE Laser Corridor. It’s a question of convenience, not coordination.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

I said it on the other topic you made about this same subject matter so I’ll say it again here.

If you want the features, just go buy it.

If people who play WvW can find the funds, anyone can.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty