Competent Players Only

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

“If you guys truly are among the best, then you have a responsibility to help others and to improve the quality of these forums, not the opposite.” RD.2408

http://www.youtube.com/user/strife025/videos?sort=dd&tag_id=&shelf_index=0&view=1

This is proof of them doing better than posting on the forums. Showing game play and hand-holding over builds which are often given in explicit detail. Which have helped many. (You can just read the comments or other posts on the forums if you want to validate it)

DnT has provided a wonderful service by training GW2 players.
Good Data > Bad Data even if it comes with a side of Nikado Sass.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

IIRC Nikaido has nothing to do with DnT or LOD at all.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Nikaido was previously in DnT, and is now in LOD :P

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

He rolled with my homies for awhile after he did his own thang, now he rolls wit dem fools from LOD.

I’ve not got any sort of problem at all with him. He’s passionate about what he says, how he feels, and he’s pretty honest about it all too.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

‘dem fools’ I see how it is man T_T

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’m black and it’s a phrase I commonly employ. I didn’t actually mean that you are fools.

Brazil

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I’m black and it’s a phrase I commonly employ. I didn’t actually mean that you are fools.

Eugene is definitely not a black person name, it’s possibly the whitest (most white?) name I can think of other than maybe Charles.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Eugene is definitely not a black person name, it’s possibly the whitest (most white?) name I can think of other than maybe Charles.

My name isn’t actually Eugene.

Brazil

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

swiftpaw.6397

I keep thinking…. ‘Eugene?… Is that you… Eugene Krabs?’ ’ :o HE’S REAL

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ather.5091

Ather.5091

wut……..?

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Unfortunately not.

Brazil

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Dub.1273

Spongebozz says hello.

Dub | [rT]

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I doubt that. You’re just pretending you were going to join to give some fake weight to all the wine (pun intended) that came after that.

I don’t know where you get that from. The only requirement that I dislike in LOD is the 100% repping during dungeon runs and things of that nature. In my guild with my friends, I let people bring whatever they want and I suck it up and deal with it, but it is very inefficient and sometimes very droll spending so much time reviving people or reexplaining mechanics that I’ve explained a dozen times because people forget or people can’t dodge or what-not. They’re my friends, though, and so I don’t like telling them they can’t play with me because they like using X class or Y build. It would be nice to have people to run things with who know everything already and who do things properly every time. If you don’t believe me, that’s fine and is your prerogative.

Not too long ago you were saying that you were running builds, gear/traits that were made for wvwvw and just be decent in PVE, and even called retraiting “pricey”. That kind of stuff wouldn’t fly around here. It’s impossible that you even considered the thought of joining us if you even had the slightest idea of what it means to join a decent dungeon guild.

I actually searched my post history for where I said that (I remember saying it; my gut tells me it was ~4 months ago). I couldn’t find it and I browsed back 3 months, and stopped because I don’t feel like perusing 40-something pages of posts. Anyway, I’ve given most of that up and have WvW armor sets and PvE armor sets now, and have a decent enough income in-game to switch as is needed. As a side note, I’m surprised you have such a vivid memory of that one post of mine, and have seemed to attach that mentality to me since then!

You call us toxic? I’d say people like you are toxic, and the reason why there are multitudes of thread talking about how TA F/U is so hard and impossible to beat since the patch. Spreading around the ideology of “anything goes”, then people buying into it and whining as soon as something doesn’t let them achieve “anything goes” without turning the run into a kiting hellhole.

You are the one who is doing a disservice to all these people who buy into your ideology and then hit their brick wall.

I don’t actually know how to respond to this because I have no idea how it relates to me personally at all. Just because I run stuff with my guildies to be a good friend to them and let them bring whatever doesn’t mean I disagree with the fact that it slows things down, makes things unnecessarily complicated, and can result in runs being harder than they should be through player contribution alone. In-fact, I quite agree with using specific group compositions with specific builds to optimize a run’s speed.

In this entire post I’ve made a conscious effort to avoid the targeted rudeness and such. I envy your drive, but this sort of thing is exactly what I consider the problem, and is exactly what I was talking about (though you are certainly not the only member of your guild who does these things). You could have made the exact same points with the exact same (arguably more) efficiency without any of the rudeness or targeted disaccreditation, and I think if you did, it’d be a good thing for everyone involved in the discussion. You’d probably have better luck instructing people to not run into the proverbial brick wall, to boot.

Anyway, this is just something I’ve really wanted to share with LOD for a long while, and I’m glad that I had the opportunity. Hopefully you can take my criticism constructively and don’t take it personally as aggressive and/or offensive. I respect what speed running groups do.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I just want to make a note that there really are some nice people in LOD. If all I knew of them was the ones who posted on this forum then they certainly would have left a bad taste in my mouth as well but try to remember that they don’t represent the entire guild.

[DnT]

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

^They do at least on this forum.

[PLUM] – SOR

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

swiftpaw.6397

I thought I was a nice person T_T

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

You represent the lovely side <3

(says you are in CoE btw, are you just auto attacking?)

[PLUM] – SOR

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

swiftpaw.6397

You represent the lovely side <3

(says you are in CoE btw, are you just auto attacking?)

<3
Like a boss

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

It would be nice to have people to run things with who know everything already and who do things properly every time. If you don’t believe me, that’s fine and is your prerogative.

I won’t quote the second wall of text you made after that just to say that it was a thing from 4month ago and even trying to call me out on my memory (is it really that bad that I can remember things I’ve read from 1 month ago?)
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Why-warriors-are-amazing-in-FotM/page/2#post2054041
Where you made both the statement about wvwvw ( " That way I don’t have to carry a dozen different armor sets for different situations or retrait every time I switch from PvE / WvW; that’s pricey! " ) and even the fact that your guardian runs full PVT. Let’s just say, this way of thinking doesn’t work in a speedclear group. Thus why I sincerely doubt you ever had the intent to join. Although maybe you had a really, really quick change of heart about never swapping your trait and being happy to run a guardian in full PVT. But that’s a.. huge paradigm shift right there and occam’s razor tells me you just had something to say against the more vocal players here.

The thought of taking a guardian that’s fully PVT clad would not even register for most of the speedclear oriented players. Not even for FOTM 48.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

How competent are we talking here? Like consistent Berserker DPS, melee all the time, rarely go down competent? Or like flawless executions of Hundred Blades → one swing → Whirlwind → cyclone axe → auto attack x2 chains or whatever that super l33t DPS cycle is, never die ever, weapons with respective sigils for each dungeon? On that note, is that the sort of stuff expected in Dnt and LoD? Cause that’s kinda… Intimidating

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I wouldn’t say learning rotations, or using night sigils (since 5/8 dungeons are “night”) along with zerker full exo (preferably ascended if you’ve grinded enough of course) is particularly intimidating.

To be honest, I want to join a dungeon guild since I’m sick of running with random pugs who (this happened yesterday) advertise a COE speed run and then I enter a group with a ranger and a necro.

Sigh.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

The Mexican Cookie.3690

How competent are we talking here? Like consistent Berserker DPS, melee all the time, rarely go down competent? Or like flawless executions of Hundred Blades -> one swing -> Whirlwind -> cyclone axe -> auto attack x2 chains or whatever that super l33t DPS cycle is, never die ever, weapons with respective sigils for each dungeon? On that note, is that the sort of stuff expected in Dnt and LoD? Cause that’s kinda… Intimidating

The warrior rotation is pretty basic, in all honesty. You’re expected to perform it, but you’re not going to be labeled a noob if you have to interrupt your 100b to dodge.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

How competent are we talking here? Like consistent Berserker DPS, melee all the time, rarely go down competent? Or like flawless executions of Hundred Blades -> one swing -> Whirlwind -> cyclone axe -> auto attack x2 chains or whatever that super l33t DPS cycle is, never die ever, weapons with respective sigils for each dungeon? On that note, is that the sort of stuff expected in Dnt and LoD? Cause that’s kinda… Intimidating

The warrior rotation is pretty basic, in all honesty. You’re expected to perform it, but you’re not going to be labeled a noob if you have to interrupt your 100b to dodge.

With standards like that it’s no wonder why my guild is the superior one.

Brazil

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

I’m looking for players who are fun and by all means not failures. If you’re not having fun AND completing the dungeon efficiently ( I.E. not knowing what to do and yet running ahead, constantly being down, a general hindrance,) I want nothing to do with you.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ather.5091

Ather.5091

I cannot speak for our peers in DnT but in LOD we do not expect our applicants to have any high level of proficiency at all but ask that you listen, be willing to learn and grow as a player; as well as play the professions we ask you to. While we are still looking for the best players to join our ranks, we are also willing to bring others up to our lowest standards. We are not flawless, we screw up our rotations from time to time, we die occasionally, some of our members are not even fully equipped to our highest standards. There is no reason to be intimidated by us. Yes our runs take <15 minutes to finish but they are extremely casual, people down, we all piglet up, but we keep going, you learn what to do and not to do and most importantly we have fun. Most of us in LOD are not here to only farm, we are here to do whatever Anet has to throw at us in the fastest manner possible and have been doing so for years.

I’m looking for players who are fun and by all means not failures. If you’re not having fun AND completing the dungeon efficiently ( I.E. not knowing what to do and yet running ahead, constantly being down, a general hindrance,) I want nothing to do with you.

If I was NOT having fun doing my dungeon paths in <15 min I would not do them. For some people, doing the dungeons fast with people you know can play the necessary roles effectively WHILE trolling 10 other people in the TS channel, not even talking about the Arah run you are on, and STILL get it done in <15 min; THAT is the MOST fun I could possibly get out of a game and I personally would not have it any other way. While we in LOD do want people to preform at their very best in the very best team setup we can assemble, we remember we are here to have fun in this beautiful game.

Sorry for my rant but I felt it was necessary.

(edited by Ather.5091)

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

^ lies. I screwed up a pull in a training run in my first day in the guild. I was stripped naked and flogged publicly. On top of that I wasn’t allow to sleep in the house for a week.

Oceanic [LOD]

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I won’t quote the second wall of text you made after that just to say that it was a thing from 4month ago and even trying to call me out on my memory (is it really that bad that I can remember things I’ve read from 1 month ago?)

Bad? No. Surprising? Very.

The thought of taking a guardian that’s fully PVT clad would not even register for most of the speedclear oriented players. Not even for FOTM 48.

I didn’t find that post when searching, but I will confess that I didn’t put much effort into scouring my past posts, so I must’ve just overlooked it. It must be closer to 2 months ago than 1 month ago because I have had this armor set for at least a month. I wish posts just had time stamps to know for sure, but anyway, I don’t wear that armor set in dungeons anymore.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Roman Legionary.6715

I cannot speak for our peers in DnT but in LOD we do not expect our applicants to have any high level of proficiency at all but ask that you listen, be willing to learn and grow as a player; as well as play the professions we ask you to. While we are still looking for the best players to join our ranks, we are also willing to bring others up to our lowest standards. We are not flawless, we screw up our rotations from time to time, we die occasionally, some of our members are not even fully equipped to our highest standards. There is no reason to be intimidated by us. Yes our runs take <15 minutes to finish but they are extremely casual, people down, we all piglet up, but we keep going, you learn what to do and not to do and most importantly we have fun. Most of us in LOD are not here to only farm, we are here to do whatever Anet has to throw at us in the fastest manner possible and have been doing so for years.

If I was NOT having fun doing my dungeon paths in <15 min I would not do them. For some people, doing the dungeons fast with people you know can play the necessary roles effectively WHILE trolling 10 other people in the TS channel, not even talking about the Arah run you are on, and STILL get it done in <15 min; THAT is the MOST fun I could possibly get out of a game and I personally would not have it any other way. While we in LOD do want people to preform at their very best in the very best team setup we can assemble, we remember we are here to have fun in this beautiful game.

Sorry for my rant but I felt it was necessary.

I am not looking for trolls, thank you. Best of luck to you.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Roman Legionary.6715

DnT and LoD,
I appreciate the fact that you guys have taken an interest in The Warcamp [Rome] and this thread, but please show some respect and do not recruit here. Thank you.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

The Mexican Cookie.3690

If this is a recruitment thread, doesn’t it belong in the guild recruitment sub-forum?

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

DnT and LoD,
I appreciate the fact that you guys have taken an interest in The Warcamp [Rome] and this thread, but please show some respect and do not recruit here. Thank you.

I don’t think we have taken an interest in your guild.

Brazil

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Roman Legionary.6715

DnT and LoD,

I don’t think we have taken an interest in your guild.

Think again,why the above posts and guild invite?

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Roman Legionary.6715

If this is a recruitment thread, doesn’t it belong in the guild recruitment sub-forum?

So recruiting for DnT and LoD doesn’t belong here then, correct? Thank you.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

The Mexican Cookie.3690

So recruiting for DnT and LoD doesn’t belong here then, correct? Thank you.

I said ‘if’. Since this isn’t in the recruitment sub-forum, I can presume that it isn’t actually a recruitment thread. Not that I was recruiting anyway

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

swiftpaw.6397

DnT and LoD,

Wait what? You’re a recruiting? oh sorry I thought this was some kind of comedy thread.
Y’know, being the dungeon forums and not the recruiting area.

Carry on.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Roman Legionary.6715

DnT and LoD,

Wait what? You’re a recruiting? oh sorry I thought this was some kind of comedy thread.

Carry on.

Exactly, not a recruiting area so it would be inappropriate for DnT and LoD to recruit here. Right? Thanks.
Y’know, using common sense and all.
Carry on.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Dub.1273

Neither the right place to recruit for you.

Dub | [rT]

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

swiftpaw.6397

DnT and LoD,

Carry on.

Exactly, not a recruiting area so it would be inappropriate for DnT and LoD to recruit here. Right? Thanks.
Carry on.

I never stated it was an area to recruit at all, nor did I recruit. I’m not the representative for LoD/DnT but by all means, take out your passive aggressive urges on me.

Y’know, irrelevance and all.

Carry on

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

DnT and LoD,

Carry on.

Carry on.

You should go read posts because DnT isn’t recruiting here. Right? Thanks.

By the way be sure to check out dtguilds.com if you are interested. There’s even a link in my signature.

Brazil

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

swiftpaw.6397

DnT and LoD,

Carry on.

Carry on.

By the way be sure to check out dtguilds.com if you are interested. There’s even a link in my signature.

This thread is my new favorite thread.

<3

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Roman Legionary.6715

DnT and LoD,

Carry on.

Carry on.

That’s because I reported the post made by DnT to recruit here and it got deleted. And now you are doing it again.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Dub.1273

How can people take Brazil serious?

Dub | [rT]

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

swiftpaw.6397

DnT and LoD,

Carry on.

Carry on.

That’s because I reported the post made by DnT to recruit here and it got deleted. And now you are doing it again.

You should report your whole thread since it’s recruiting in the dungeon section, and not the recruit section.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Roman Legionary.6715

DnT and LoD,

Carry on.

Carry on.

You should report your whole thread since it’s recruiting in the dungeon section, and not the recruit section.

It’s not guild recruitment. It’s finding fellow skilled dungeoneers. This is an advanced form of gw2lfg.com

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Dub.1273

“It’s finding fellow skilled dungeoneers.”

Same as LOD and DnT do when recruiting.

Dub | [rT]

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

The Mexican Cookie.3690

DnT and LoD,

Carry on.

Carry on.

It’s not guild recruitment. It’s finding fellow skilled dungeoneers. This is an advanced form of gw2lfg.com

It’s finding fellow skilled dungeon players, to invite to your guild. How is that not guild recruitment? If there is some kind of a semantic argument you have here I’m really not seeing it.

It’s not my intention to make fun of you, but I do believe you’re overreacting to some conversations that took place in this thread, which is located in the ‘Dungeon’ sub forum. I understand that you’re much more likely to find potential guild recruits just due to the type/quantity of ‘traffic’, but if it was your intention to use this thread to recruit members, you should have put it in the appropriate sub-forum, or at the least just not be surprised when others don’t stay on-topic in your thread.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

swiftpaw.6397

DnT and LoD,

Carry on.

Carry on.

If you message me, I’ll add you to my community friend’s list. You will need to play with me for me to judge you ( and you to judge me). If you are not up to par, I am going to kick you from the guild.

:/

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Roman Legionary.6715

DnT and LoD,

Carry on.

Carry on.

If you message me, I’ll add you to my community friend’s list. You will need to play with me for me to judge you ( and you to judge me). If you are not up to par, I am going to kick you from the guild.

Still not a guild, like I said, it’s an advanced form of Gw2lfg.com except it’s not rando’s.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

swiftpaw.6397

DnT and LoD,

Carry on.

Carry on.

Still not a guild, like I said, it’s an advanced form of Gw2lfg.com except it’s not rando’s.

So people join a guild.. but it’s not a guild.. and if they aren’t good enough, they get kicked from the guild.. which doesn’t matter because it’s not a guild.

Competent Players Only

in Looking for...

Posted by: jul.7602

jul.7602

I don’t know what everybody else thinks of this, but this guild invited me for a few CoF runs. The party composition was 3 guardians, an upleveled elementalist and myself, a warrior. I’m not sure what to think.