DC in fractals. no way to get back in

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Idk how to get back in Seriously this is so stupid. At least with dungeons if you get dc’d, you can go back in, and continue the dungeon =/ I understand being more experienced etc to do them, but I didn’t realize my net connection has to be strong as well

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

(edited by penatbater.4710)

Posted by: Karasu.9483

Karasu.9483

Same here:

- group member got DC between fractals
- she loads in the same type dungeon when trying to re-enter (solo party type) but not in the same instance
- achievement and reward from previous did get awarded

Posted by: Azif.1235

Azif.1235

Same thing happened to me. Doesn’t seem to be any way to get back in after a disconnect or a crash, this is awful. I really hope arena net does something about it.

Posted by: Duncan.7294

Duncan.7294

This is such bad planning Anet. Was this tested at all? Not fun to get most of the way through a dungeon only to be unable to return to it if kicked randomly.

penatbater.4710

yea, i got really terrible internet connection at the moment. so I may not have a way to do fractals =/

Posted by: Xande.3642

Xande.3642

Hope they fix this had the same issue

Posted by: Azif.1235

Azif.1235

My game often crashes but it’s usually not a big deal since I can just boot back up, doesn’t take more than 30 seconds. The issue here is that I can’t rejoin at all.

I don’t want to be a burden on my groups because I -might- crash and they’ll be forced to finish as 4.

Posted by: Fredede.3901

Fredede.3901

Yeah this is a big oversight that needs to be fixed ASAP. Players will disconnect randomly, and it’s very frustrating if you have to start all over if someone does.

Posted by: eMKay.4028

eMKay.4028

Same thing happened to me! I had to relog after a bug in CLiffside Fractals when the wind skyrocketed me into the mist and I couldnt WP! Now I cannot rejoin my team! WTH ANET! Has any1 even tested this thing???!!!

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

Same here. Their particle effects will crash my system if they happen too close to my camera. Took too many dredge near my dead body and I had to reboot. Now, I’m stuck outside the dungeon and can’t rejoin them because it just keeps making a new instance for me instead. Dropped group, joined group, invited to group…doesn’t matter, can’t get into their instance any more.

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

I think their dungeon instances are built within a server, not global.

So if anyone got DC’ed, unless they can get into the same LA/overflow server where you started the dungeon, you can never get into the same dungeon instance.

This happened in current non-fractal dungeons already, but since most dungeon entrances are in maps that usually do not need overflow anymore, you don’t see it. But if the dungeon entrance is in LA, which you get into overflow constantly, this is a serious problem.

I would suggest they make the Asura gate in LA to teleport you to a location near the new map (not in the new map because there will be a lot of players in that zone, probably a neighboring map would be better) then you enter another gate or talk to an NPC there to enter the FotM dungeon.

(edited by Hologramx.6402)

penatbater.4710

imma try it next time when LA isn’t too populated.

Posted by: eMKay.4028

eMKay.4028

Just tried from my server – no possibility of joining back… Good work ANET!

Posted by: KICKZEN.1327

KICKZEN.1327

happened to a party member of our group as well. luckily we didn’t need 5 players for the third fractle

Posted by: Anka.3675

Anka.3675

It is indeed rather annoying not being able to get back. We were at the last boss on the third fractal when I DC’d

I suppose it also means that if someone leaves party you can’t go pick up a new group member

Posted by: Cotterz.7635

Cotterz.7635

This is actually a joke, what is the reason for not being able to rejoin?

Posted by: Valmarius.4150

Valmarius.4150

Same. Just got DC’d, came back on outside the instance, no way to get back in. Pretty bad oversight, as I can’t believe they were intentionally designed this way.

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

Same here, i disconnected and because the overloard server when i try enter kick me and my group.

Put the dungeon in Lion Arch with many overloard server bad design decision.

Posted by: pierat.8519

pierat.8519

so, after doing 2 mini missions i get disconnected, while it’s not a big problem being unable to get back in, its pretty boring having to start again from lvl 1, will there be any fix for it?

Posted by: Choki.6743

Choki.6743

2 hours in severals fractals. Then comes “Mr.Log-in sever error” – Hey player , why not i give you this error here , because im a good guy…. go on, take it.

Well do i need say more? 2 hours wasted because i got a stupid error . FIX this Anet , i beg you !

Posted by: Thureos.3179

Thureos.3179

Yes. This means I cannot do this dungeon, since I don’t want to risk ruining it for the rest of the party.

Posted by: LowfatEnvelope.5934

LowfatEnvelope.5934

Happened to me as well. Very disheartening. Aside from that though, I’m absolutely loving this dungeon! Hopefully this is just a bug that can be easily remedied however, as I’d like to make some sort of progress. :P

L.F.E.

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

I’m rather aggrivated right now. Did about 12 runs, never made it to 3 because of this. First time I didn’t know and went outside to look for a new member, so we had to start over. Second time I crashed when on the 3th run of difficulty 2….

I’m somewhat pissed right now. First the event was bugged (the guy in kessex hills) so I went to do this dungeon and then this happened. Really feel like I’ve been played for a fool.

And because there is no personal support service, no matter what bug or messed up thing you encounter, it’s never being remedied. I get that they are trying to save on support, but atleast get things right.

Posted by: MadRage.1584

MadRage.1584

This needs to be fixed and should have highest priority.

Saurian Lair [RAWR]
Guildwars2 Guild on Seafarer’s Rest
http://saurianlair.com

Posted by: Strato.6714

Strato.6714

This happened to one of the people in our party and it prevented her from gaining level 3. She had no problems the entire previous 5 fractals with connection, then all the sudden, Pop, she got kicked out to Lions Arch. It was extremely frustrating not only for her but to us because we had to do the rest of the fractal with 4 people. Needs to be fixed ASAP.

(edited by Strato.6714)

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

I got disconnected just when my party got to reach the boss in our second time into the third fractal. When I logged back in and entered the dungeon instead of getting me into the fractal (and checkpoint) we were at it disconnected every person in the party and sent us to Lion’s Arch. Very frustrating considering we were almost at the boss fractal.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

We’re aware of the problem and are working on an active fix. Very sorry about this, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

4th time tonight lol… Spent 4 hours trying to get to difficulty 3 haha. Last time the power went out and my entire party got booted out. I have the best luck in games

(edited by Ivonbeton.6814)

Posted by: GreenBetty.7815

GreenBetty.7815

3rd path in almost made it. DCed no loot. and the npc at the door just annoys me to no end— adding insult to injury.

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

We experienced a DC. entire party had to leave the instance and come back for the party member to get back inside, losing all progress achieved so far.

Posted by: Holo the Wise.4179

Holo the Wise.4179

I mentioned this over in the Lost Shores board, but maybe it belongs over here. I understand that you wouldn’t want players disconnecting out to Lion’s Arch to repair in between fractals, but why doesn’t a disconnected player just load right back into the dungeon wherever they disconnected at?

That said, the dungeon is awesome.

(edited by Holo the Wise.4179)

penatbater.4710

I’m scared to join fractals now esp with pugs as I might be disappointing them >.>

Posted by: Kain Do Urden.7213

Kain Do Urden.7213

I won’t repeat what all other people say before me… DC in the middle of the dungeon (that happens to me frequently, since i’m in Orange WiFi (french top suck*rs internet providers)). But the best was “surprise, you can’t get back, just take your finger and stick it right in your…”…

Something you MUST tell me…. In Guild Wars (the first one), you (arenanet) implemented a system of “second chance” for coming back where you were, in the instance you, in the area you were, and with the team you were, after a disconnect (with the magic screen “you were disconnected, do you want to reconnect ?”).
That was great, and so usefull !

What, IN THE HELL, has changed between this and Guild Wars 2 ????…. Dungeon are instance , right ?? So was the entire Guild Wars game !
What make you come with a complete fail system of being kicked of dungeon since you already know in Guild Wars 1 how to make someone disconnected came back to the instance this person was ?…

I can’t understand.. Having a successfull system in the previous game, and replacing it with complete idiot one…

Thank you anyway for ruining the possibility of fun of this dungeon…
“Arenanet : we rules at making great stuff, but we rules even more to ruined it due to fail design ><…”

sigh

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I won’t repeat what all other people say before me… DC in the middle of the dungeon (that happens to me frequently, since i’m in Orange WiFi (french top suck*rs internet providers)). But the best was “surprise, you can’t get back, just take your finger and stick it right in your…”…

Something you MUST tell me…. In Guild Wars (the first one), you (arenanet) implemented a system of “second chance” for coming back where you were, in the instance you, in the area you were, and with the team you were, after a disconnect (with the magic screen “you were disconnected, do you want to reconnect ?”).
That was great, and so usefull !

What, IN THE HELL, has changed between this and Guild Wars 2 ????…. Dungeon are instance , right ?? So was the entire Guild Wars game !
What make you come with a complete fail system of being kicked of dungeon since you already know in Guild Wars 1 how to make someone disconnected came back to the instance this person was ?…

I can’t understand.. Having a successfull system in the previous game, and replacing it with complete idiot one…

Thank you anyway for ruining the possibility of fun of this dungeon…
“Arenanet : we rules at making great stuff, but we rules even more to ruined it due to fail design ><…”

sigh

Most likely ( I don’t work at Anet so I can’t say for certain) the reason is that the developed an entirely new engine for this game over the last one with entirely new software. Which means any system that they had in place for GW1 they need to redevelop for GW2 using the new software and the new engine. Many of them are probably in active development but they are starting from scratch, they can’t just port it over unfortunately.

It is annoying at the moment, hopefully they have a fix for this soon.

Posted by: Xapheus.1235

Xapheus.1235

We’re aware of the problem and are working on an active fix. Very sorry about this, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Great to hear this is being addressed! I did Fractals for the first time last night and this was the main issue. We were able to do volcanic fractal with four people (and one guy was level 23!), but Mossman felt impossible. I feel like I understand that the point is you don’t want to give the ability to repair / death run until three fractals are beaten sequentially, but reconnecting and putting you right back into the fractal would solve this, similar to how GW1 puts you back in the same instance as your party.

Anyway, please pass along to the team that I think this dungeon is otherwise pretty great.

League of Omnipotents [Omni] @ Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Wylie.3198

Wylie.3198

Can also throw my hat into this. Has happened to me no less than four times. Each time I have a disconnect, there is no way to rejoin my party. Disheartening, as then there is no way to collect rewards and get into a higher tier. I hope this is fixed soon!

Edit: Thank you for jumping on a fix for this ANet! As was said before, this dungeon is fantastically fun! Can’t wait to see what the end of a fractal looks like!

(edited by Wylie.3198)

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

please do fix it. sometimes it’s not even the person’s fault, as GW2 is prone to randomly kicking players back to character creation, and this hurts the whole group as well as the player that got kicked.

i mean sure, on lower levels it’s possible to 4-man it in case things go wrong, but there are puzzles specifically designed for 5 players, so a fix should be the top priority for the dungeon team.

just allow the player to be teleported straight into the instance, maybe with a prompt as soon as he logs in, to avoid people exploiting it to access merchants/repairs whenever they see fit.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

So wheres the fix? Its a serious problem, you better fix it immediatly.
A “Soon” could mean anything from you. You have broken your promise that there would be no Item-treadmill, you got no credibility left. Doesn’t matter if you say that there is no Treadmill.

I got 2 disconnects and 1 Game-crash will running a fractal.
I have waited hours just to find a group for the specific fractal level.
In the higher fractals its really tough for the four remaining players to go on, they won’t be to happy to play with me again. The fractals are the only thing fun left in this Game.

WvW is so broken with all the invisible Enemies, Lags and poor Graphic-performance that i won’t play it anymore.

The game is a small disaster from a technical standpoint. Every aspect of the game is bugridden. You guys need better QA and a public test-server.

The Conecpt-art and the Ingame-implementation is the best i have seen in any Game though.

(edited by Pixelninja.6971)

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

pretty sad that this is still not fixed, anet doesnt seem very good at hotfixes

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: ShAdOwKiLa.3758

ShAdOwKiLa.3758

I was very disappointed after I finished 2 maps, then I got disconnected. I spent almost 2 hours, and it was a waste of time. It took me a while to find a full party that has the same fractal mist level. This dungeon is really fun, but the issues is needed to be fixed. I know that some players, including me, don’t have a stable connection, and they are not happy when they cannot join their group back. Therefore, Anet, I hope you can work harder to find the right solution, so we, your loyal fans, can enjoy the dungeon like other players.

Posted by: Altair.6109

Altair.6109

Don’t just fix the dc problem, figure out a way to allow players get back into the same dungeon.

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

only annoying thing about this dungeon.

Blackgate since day 1

Posted by: diablodropout.8670

diablodropout.8670

I can’t speak for everyone else, but I sometimes play with pugs the first time to “test” my connection as I don’t want to let my guildies down.

it’s because the credits are tied together. if the dungeons could be done 3 times separately people would be way less upset about this issue as fractals are fairly short dungeons under 30 minutes if you know what you’re doing.

no one disconnects on purpose. a lot of us are on good connections, but sometimes you get the occasional timeout. it happens to the best and worst of us. even with a good ISP or fiberwire or whatnot. you can’t really be mad at the player in my opinion. they did not want to disconnect I am sure.

it’s just tremendously frustrating when you’re on your third fractal and someone crashes or disconnects and you have to start all over again with finding a 5 man group at your level which can take another 30 minutes. it’s a good 2 hours of your life just wasted.

(edited by diablodropout.8670)

Posted by: Rambler.3129

Rambler.3129

hey guys, i dont know if the little patch you did today had anything to do with this issue (mostly because you tell us sweet nothing about what the patches are), but now not only can the one person not get back in the dungeon, but it ports your entire group out?….not quite adequate.

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

hope they fix this soon last night i was in fractual lv 2 part 4 and i disconnected – seriously frustrated cause i had a great party!

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

Yeah it really sucks. My static guild group loves this dungeon, but between DCs and progress blocking bugs (on time 2 members were teleported to an invincible cage in the collosus fractal) we simply cant run these things.

The content is great fun, we have dredge, collosus, and snowblind down to a T, yet our group has never once made it fully to difficulty 3. We’ve never failed and given up on a single fractal that didn’t bug out. It’s just heartbreaking having these awesome new dungeons, new (amazing) environments, new puzzles, new mechanics, learning to overcome them and ultimately getting beat, not by the content, but by the network.

Maybe, this was an oversight when trying to create an anti-exploit system. Just know that in the future, your players have to come before action against the dishonest.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

Posted by: ntpmichiru.6135

ntpmichiru.6135

I had this problem last night, too. A member in my group got dc-ed when we were only in the first dungeon of the fractal. So all voted to go out and enter again so that he could join. Then another member of the group got dc-ed twice at the beginning again and we all went out. After 3 fail attempts I just got so fed up and we disbanded.
Moreover, all members have to be in the same server (and same overflow as well) in order to be in the same instance.
Very frustrating with the current implementation!

Posted by: ShadowDemon.1937

ShadowDemon.1937

Yeah my group had this happen a few times last night twice on the first fractal and once on the third right before the last boss. We want to advance, but not everyone has a perfect connection. I hope AN fixes this soon.

Posted by: Mavrande.5849

Mavrande.5849

In fractals level four. Third dungeon of the set. Almost finished. I d/c, log back in, and me and my entire group are in LA. What the actual kitten, you guys have known about this problem this fractals was released, why can’t we rejoin after a d/c yet?

Posted by: skele.9746

skele.9746

My net screws me over in fractals.. there have been many occasions that I dc right before the boss, typically lvl 2 or 3.. There SERIOUSLY needs to be a fix for this. Im at lvl 9 atm and it reaaally sucks for my party to try 4 manning this dungeon, especially now I’m getting to higher levels that definitely require people to be there- unlike lower levels that are easy to do 4 man if people know what to do.