DO SOMETHING ABOUT kittenING MOSSMAN

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Anet fix your kittening mossman underwater exploit kitten .

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

As boring as i find this exploit, why do you care ? Just don’t do it. They’ll probably fix it when HoT ships in.

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

Don’t roll swamp?

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

if you don’t want to kill mossman in the water, then don’t do it?

Though yeah, i don’t understand why anet just doesn’t have mossman use his spear underwater. he has attacks and everything. he just doesn’t use them.

(edited by Enko.6123)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Right click → kick from party/leave party.

If Pugs cannot kill mossman normally then they can’t probably kill anything else normally and it’d be easier to find a new party.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

If you don’t like it – make party by yourself. If you think that your opinion is more important than party opinion – enjoy your kick.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

kolompi.1287

As boring as i find this exploit, why do you care ? Just don’t do it. They’ll probably fix it when HoT ships in.

Why i care is because in the rare cases i do pug, i have to either a) leave the party when they do it underwater, or b) explain that you know we could just do it properly.

It is a bug, an exploit, it should be fixed, right?

kolompi.1287

Don’t roll swamp?

Yep, a really great idea. People are stupid and exploit a bug anet left in their precious game so i should not do the swamp. This makes so much sense it hurts.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Don’t roll swamp?

Swamp is a nice read out of what to expect of the run actually.

Also, what Taku said.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

This game is complete garbage but I didn’t realize the dungeon forums were going with it, what the hell is wrong with you thinking that people bugging mossman somehow takes priority if that’s what people want. Anet needs to get their kitten together and make these bads realize just how awful they are at the game before raids/upcoming fractals are released, majority of the playerbase relying on exploits to get past lupi, mai trin and mossman. Arguably hardest bosses in the game, maybe they haven’t patched it because they know how terrible their players are that it would cause people to stop doing fractals.

I mean think about that, those people would legitimately stop doing fractals or just buy the runs because they are too awful to do the content themselves, only in gw2 is this possible what a great game.

kolompi.1287

If you don’t like it – make party by yourself. If you think that your opinion is more important than party opinion – enjoy your kick.

I made the party myself, i would much rather they fix their kitten if they look at fractals as some kind of dungeon replacement which needs its own masteries and such.

Besides, i’ve seen at least half a dozen mossman exploits from standing beneath his shack through standing on trees all the way to this underwater rubbish.

Three darn years in and anet is unable to fix this?

kolompi.1287

This game is complete garbage but I didn’t realize the dungeon forums were going with it, what the hell is wrong with you thinking that people bugging mossman somehow takes priority if that’s what people want. Anet needs to get their kitten together and make these bads realize just how awful they are at the game before raids/upcoming fractals are released, majority of the playerbase relying on exploits to get past lupi, mai trin and mossman. Arguably hardest bosses in the game, maybe they haven’t patched it because they know how terrible their players are that it would cause people to stop doing fractals.

I mean think about that, those people would legitimately stop doing fractals or just buy the runs because they are too awful to do the content themselves, only in gw2 is this possible what a great game.

Hell yeah! We need raids, right? When most of the content is being glitched through by everyone instead of learning a few mechanics. When HoT hits, this forum here will be full to the brim with whining about too difficult content.

Rednik.3809

majority of the playerbase relying on exploits to get past mai trin

wat

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

If you’ve read my previous posts you’d know im completely against any new content with how broken things are in the live game, besides i’m not even hyped for raids because having 10 people in my instance means I have even less responsibility with how things turn out, and given anets track record to disappoint i’m going to go ahead and take a wild guess and say raids will be the exact same as the current dungeons with double the hp on mobs and another 5 people in my instance.

Rednik.3809

If you’ve read my previous posts you’d know im completely against any new content with how broken things are in the live game, besides i’m not even hyped for raids because having 10 people in my instance means I have even less responsibility with how things turn out, and given anets track record to disappoint i’m going to go ahead and take a wild guess and say raids will be the exact same as the current dungeons with double the hp on mobs and another 5 people in my instance.

Why you are playing mmo then?

25 charracters

kolompi.1287

Pretty much sums it up.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This will be fixed in HoT I am pretty sure. They are definitely aware of it, but the issue is his leashing behavior is trouble and they can’t sink a lot of time into it right now.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Though yeah, i don’t understand why anet just doesn’t have mossman use his spear underwater. he has attacks and everything. he just doesn’t use them.

They forgot to do that few years ago, and nobody told them since.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I’m not bothered by mossman exploit, but the archdiviner one. My pug party wiped around 12 times for that stupid exploit where you stack on top of the wall, we could have done it 3 times allready normal way. When i suggested normal way they acted as if i insulted everybody’s mum.

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

I’m not bothered by mossman exploit, but the archdiviner one. My pug party wiped around 12 times for that stupid exploit where you stack on top of the wall, we could have done it 3 times allready normal way. When i suggested normal way they acted as if i insulted everybody’s mum.

Hah, this happened to me the other day. They tried every exploit in the book on every fractal, and still managed to wipe over and over when standing on that silly rock.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

For the most part pug’s are wanting to get through content the quickest and easiest way possible so it’s not at all unusual behavior for lazy players to want to abuse bugs like this. As mentioned before, start your own group if you don’t want to run exploits with very clear directions on your intent. Beyond that, if you are continuously not able to find people willing to go along with you join a guild that fits your playstyle (gasp!).

Saying that the game is complete garbage for exploits like this? Well, that’s personal opinion. The devs have made it pretty clear that their focus has been on other items other than PvE instances. They’re always working on Seasonal Events, Living Story, the new maps, and their entire focus right now is on HoT. So something as small (in their eyes) as exploited encounters isn’t on their radar right how.

However, the next ‘update’ packages we’re getting are going to be Raids and Re-vamped Fractals which means bugs that have been on-going for months/years will finally get the attention they’ve been long overdue in those particular areas.

Personally, I look forward to the Raids given they’re supposed to provide challenging content. I’m sure they’ll be bugs (just like everything else), but the new content hopefully should be able to weed out those who just follow guides/sploits vs those who know the game and can more quickly think on their feet.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

How to fix: Remove the water – just make it into a hallway/tunnel rather than a river to swim through.

It is cheezy though. While I’d rather do things legit I just tend to follow the group if it isn’t my group.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Be the first to leeroy into the mosscave. Thats how you herd your party. It always works.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

wat

You can rezzrush her without her resetting, which obviously isn’t intended.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Be the first to leeroy into the mosscave. Thats how you herd your party. It always works.

“Great we got Mossy again. What do our odds of successful look like for this?”
“We got a solid 55.7% chance of success here.”
“There’s a Necro on the team…”
“Shoot that drops us down to 17.3%”
“Better just fight him underwater then.”

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

wat

You can rezzrush her without her resetting, which obviously isn’t intended.

Aye, honestly I actually prefer the other method, whoever is feeling extra lazy that day sits alive outside the room, when everyone dies they get a “return” prompt and pops right back into the room >.<, at least apparently they fixed her skip (at least I’m told, I haven’t tried it).

For mossman, one of my groups will use any tricks to make things easier/faster. I don’t particularly like it but good company so I just go along. It’s kinda sad because they are or at least were capable of doing everything legit but simply got lazy. I don’t see them as bad players as much as I see ANet letting the players down by allowing these things to persist. Not only do we not have good challenging content, but I feel we’re almost encouraged to make things even easier.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

why did u write this thread in trashcan subforum instead of bug subforum?

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Find a couple friends you enjoy playing with, that play the way you want, and do the run, if pugs come, they have to do it the legit way. And gods willing, they’ll realize how much faster it can be, and how much better it is overall.

My friends and I do get those who complain about not letting mai die n such, but they still go with it because they know we’re better than most pug groups they’ll find.

Posted by: Sesshi.2610

Sesshi.2610

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Attachments:

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

Actually he does use his spear. The exploit is cause by Mossman teleporting to the player underwater when he is on land. This bypasses Mossman’s AI for pulling out his spear and causes him to stick with his axe. Anet likely will fix it with HoT and its not like people can’t put in their LFGs saying “mossman on land”

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

I was kicked for running into the mossman room while the pugs where underwater, fix pls.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Rerolling to Swamp is pretty exploity, why draw the line at UW and not the reroll? They both are bad and will be fixed when HoT releases.

Enko.6123

Actually he does use his spear. The exploit is cause by Mossman teleporting to the player underwater when he is on land. This bypasses Mossman’s AI for pulling out his spear and causes him to stick with his axe. Anet likely will fix it with HoT and its not like people can’t put in their LFGs saying “mossman on land”

you could also just CC him to get him to pull his spear out

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Why not just give the mossman some nice scary skills for underwater combat?

Enko.6123

he has underwater skills already.

kolompi.1287

why did u write this thread in trashcan subforum instead of bug subforum?

Yeah i realized my error only after a few hours.

kolompi.1287

Find a couple friends you enjoy playing with, that play the way you want, and do the run, if pugs come, they have to do it the legit way. And gods willing, they’ll realize how much faster it can be, and how much better it is overall.

My friends and I do get those who complain about not letting mai die n such, but they still go with it because they know we’re better than most pug groups they’ll find.

I have a guild i do fractals with, only one was available at the time. Thanks for the solution but how is that solution a solution to the mossman exploit? I think arenanet should fix that one.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Meanwhile, I keep spamming Anet with exploit reports and screenshots to remind them about the glitch, and to shame those perpetrators.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

the fun part is the “Pro zerk only :2eles, 1 war, 1 guard 1 thief” killing it on water when on land is soo much faster.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: shakome.7458

shakome.7458

I alway put “lvl no bug moss”, and surprisingly i alway have people joined immediately, this is when i mostly play around 2-3am central time zone. So i guess there are plenty of people out there who absolutely hate bugging moss

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You gotta make your own party and enforce the rule, and even then what you find in PuGs is that it will take 20+ minutes to fill a fractal 50 LFG that says “no bugged mossman”.

So saying “leave the party and make your own” is nice and all, but the truth is that the vast majority of the pugging fractal 50 community has built an expectation of bugging mossman and WILL NOT do him properly, and you will have trouble finding people to join your group in a timely manner to do him proper.

The whole PvE scene in GW2 is about convenience anyways. What gets the average pug group faster and more reliable results is what will be used even if their method is still suboptimal compared to a real meta group.

To be honest, if they fixed the kitten throwing axes from stealth and the kitten axes not bouncing from ranger pets and mesmer illusions, I think Mossman would be more frequently done by PuGs on land.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Continually toss CC’s on him, and drift up slightly towards the ceiling. These things can cause him to freak out and teleport back to his spawn. After a few times of that happening the group will almost always say “screw it lets fight on land” then you get to see a bunch of people who are completely out of practice doing it correctly eat axes to their faces while you laugh and cry

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

You gotta make your own party and enforce the rule, and even then what you find in PuGs is that it will take 20+ minutes to fill a fractal 50 LFG that says “no bugged mossman”.

So saying “leave the party and make your own” is nice and all, but the truth is that the vast majority of the pugging fractal 50 community has built an expectation of bugging mossman and WILL NOT do him properly, and you will have trouble finding people to join your group in a timely manner to do him proper.

The whole PvE scene in GW2 is about convenience anyways. What gets the average pug group faster and more reliable results is what will be used even if their method is still suboptimal compared to a real meta group.

To be honest, if they fixed the kitten throwing axes from stealth and the kitten axes not bouncing from ranger pets and mesmer illusions, I think Mossman would be more frequently done by PuGs on land.

I’m pugging fractals 50 and 40 almost every day and 9 out of 10 of my pug groups do it on land. That said I’m usually only joining LFGs that are pretty strict with gearcheck and everything so that might be a factor. :<

Bullet Punch

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

This is so gold

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

In typical Arenanet fashion, they’ll let this type of crap go on for months, years even, before finally addressing the issue with a more than likely half baked solution.
Just look at things like CM mountaineering and Fiery Rush. It took them forever to fix those gigantic issues.

In my opinion, i think it all comes down to money. Does it directly impact Arenanets cash income in any significant manner? If the answer is no then it sits low on the priority list and constantly gets overwritten by other things Arenanet deems more important which is why it takes so long for some sort of fix.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Fixing bugs in dungeons/fractals goes a long way in making the content more enjoyable. Take the Ancient Ooze for example. So many plebs exploiting it on that dumb coral until anet fixed it. After players figured it out, they can actually do it without hiding behind some silly exploit… oh look, it wasn’t so bad after all.

Crying “oh anet dont’ care, we just want gold, blah blah” when encountering a legit complaint like fixing an exploit is just pathetic.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

he has underwater skills already.

I never said that he didn’t have any under water skills, and I have definitely never seen the mossman use anything under water that I could categorize as scary.

I’m sure if you close your eyes and try really hard you can imagine several hundred ways players could be kept out of the water, with varying degrees of success.

Obviously Anet has some aversion to implementing the teleport in/lockout feature used in so many other areas of the game (mai trinn, clockheart, old tom, molten duo, etc.) for this particular encounter…. unless they are just being lazy with their game fixes.

So if they are avoiding the obvious fix for some reason… why would it be out of the question to just have the Mossman destroy players in seconds once he enters the water?

Hell… he doesn’t even need to hit with an attack… he could apply something like THIS in an area of 5000 around him which only affects players who are under water.

Again…. like i said.
I’m sure you can use your imagination to find hundreds if not thousands of ways to keep players out of the water…

Maybe Anet will put a little more effort into it this time, instead of half-implementing it like the skelk “fix”.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)