Diminished Enjoyment!

Diminished Enjoyment!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hayden.7920

Hayden.7920

DR is backwards.. if we wish to play longer, it gives us less reason to by making that experience grindy and unyeilding. The only people who benefit from this are the ones who don’t care they are receiving benefits, on account of they don’t play much. The uneven distribution of tokens amongst players despite similar circumstances, penalising those who’ve allready farmed a bunch, forcing players to take unbalanced routes in order to gain anything… whether we work at it 3-4 hours in one session, or 3-4 hours over 3 days, the results should be no different. it’s a task, we complete it, we get the goods. If we want to spend more time on the game, should you at A-net not be flattered that we appreciate your work so much? because this feels more like a slap to the face.

Today, I spent a good few hours in CoF. I got 15 tokens on my best run, and for the others just 5. What harm would it do if i was receiving say, 25 tokens each run.. That’s a good quarter-esq number. some of the gear peices require 300-400+… i’d still have to complete dozens of runs and put plenty of time in, it would be challenging.. but it would atleast feel worth it to not get totally screwed over in the end and give me something worth-while to do/work towards. That, I can’t see being a problem to the integrity of the game in any way. This system implementation on the other hand is causing great unpleasantry and frankly i’m sick of reading “This sucks, I’m going back to WoW” as a result.

I hope someone there gets to read this.

Diminished Enjoyment!

Posted by: Kain.9167

Kain.9167

Guild Wars 2: “Diminishing enjoyment”™

I like it! It sums up how I have felt in lieu of all of this needless anti-farming junk.

Diminished Enjoyment!

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

I’m actually very sad for ArenaNet. It’s obvious how much time and hard work went into creating this game. A true labour of love.

Dungeons and especially dungeon mechanics seem like an afterthought and manage to diminish the entire experience. It’s such a shame.

I’m starting to actually enjoy my runs of Caudecus Manor, which I’m doing for the sole purpose of acquiring armor, so that I can get on with the rest of the content.

Diminishing returns are just a slap in the face of competent players who don’t have unlimited time to play and are forced to be efficient at what they do.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Diminished Enjoyment!

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

When all the bugs and such are fixed in the general areas and the dungeon rewards/diminishing returns system are handled, Guild Wars 2 will be amazing.

I am going to treat Guild Wars 2 like I did Guild Wars 1. In Guild Wars 1, it was fun for a while. I enjoyed my initial experiences, and then I hit a wall. Prophecies got incredibly hard, and I did not want to invest the time necessary to continue—as I like soloing. Then when Guild Wars 2 came out, they released the HoM rewards, so I returned to GW1 and bought all the expansions.

There were still areas that I could not complete on my own, but with 7 heroes, the previous walls that I hit were broken. The game was extremely fun. Because Guild Wars 2 was coming out, Arena Net made a lot of changes to Guild Wars 1 to make it less grindy. I got 30/50 over two months, and I had a great time.

With Guild Wars 2, it’s turning out to be the same thing. They need to prolong the game by making things harder to get, which is understandable, so I’m just going to wait until Guild Wars 2 becomes the game for me.

It’ll eventually happen. Guild Wars 2 just needs a little extra shining.

Diminished Enjoyment!

Posted by: Hayden.7920

Hayden.7920

^ The griffon farming in GW1 was fun, i liked to solo and that was a perfect place for me to farm – then they destroyed it and put scarabs everywhere, as if we were getting too much of a good thing when really we weren’t, we were just getting by. This diminishing rewards buisness bares that same grin of content spoiling.

(edited by Hayden.7920)