Diminishing Returns System: A Solution?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

I know a game that rewards you for being efficient and finishing a dungeon in a certain amount of time or below by giving you an additional loot chest. This game has very hard dungeons but they actually encourage you to do speed runs if you dare.

What a novel concept! It’s like someone actually thought about this and made a decision for the gamers not against them.

Let’s think about this for a moment. Here is one game that takes a problem and makes it into an actual feature and gives you a reward. Then there is Guild Wars 2 that progressively makes it harder for you to even get a reward at all.

Funny how some developers can be creative while others are completely clueless as to how one can fix a problem without alienating their customers.

Here is a simple Tipp: Don’t penalize players, reward them or you end up losing them in the long run.

Cheers | Skyrant Kangaroomouse

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

The problem with encouraging speed runs in the case of GW2 atm, is that too many players are looking for exploits around certain dungeon paths. It would be unfair to those that dont exploit dungeon paths.

If the numbers of exploiters were to decrease,or disappear all together, then this would be a great idea to reward players who complete all 3 paths of a dungeon within a set amount of time. Perhaps 6,12 or 24 hours.

As of now it feels as if players who actually are just fast at completing dungeons with random PuGs or guildies are being punished with the shard farmers + exploiters. But there isnt much we can do about it Nor Anet. Exploiters will always be exploiters;)

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

I don’t think the way to deal with exploits is to harm everyone, fix the exploits then put it back to normal.

The problem with encouraging speed runs in the case of GW2 atm, is that too many players are looking for exploits around certain dungeon paths. It would be unfair to those that dont exploit dungeon paths.

If the numbers of exploiters were to decrease,or disappear all together, then this would be a great idea to reward players who complete all 3 paths of a dungeon within a set amount of time. Perhaps 6,12 or 24 hours.

As of now it feels as if players who actually are just fast at completing dungeons with random PuGs or guildies are being punished with the shard farmers + exploiters. But there isnt much we can do about it Nor Anet. Exploiters will always be exploiters;)

You got that right! The problem is that the Dungeons are not TESTED or OPTIMIZED at all. They are completely bugged and full of EXPLOITS.

Instead of fixing the dungeons they penalize ALL the players. How is that even a solution to the problem? Who the #$% even considers such a solution?

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

I don’t think the way to deal with exploits is to harm everyone, fix the exploits then put it back to normal.

Exactly, instead of wasting time putting in more and more restrictions and penalties, how about they take the time and resources and fix the actual problem?

It takes about 5 minutes to block off the exploit in Arah where people jump to second boss. How is that not even considered but instead we get slapped with more and more ridiculous penalty systems that most likely will break other things too.

DKP.4196

You got that right! The problem is that the Dungeons are not TESTED or OPTIMIZED at all. They are completely bugged and full of EXPLOITS.

Instead of fixing the dungeons they penalize ALL the players. How is that even a solution to the problem? Who the #$% even considers such a solution?

Well, I own my own website and I can tell you that even if we test it multiple times at everyday, we still find bugs here and there. Especially after we add a new string of commands, coding etc. We find multiple bugs everywhere that we fix as we go.

Its just the way IT works tbh.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

Most of the exploits involve jumping over things using the environment, not coding problems.

DKP.4196

Most of the exploits involve jumping over things using the environment, not coding problems.

I just want to meet the first person who even thought of jumping up there lol.

Not A Message.

Well, I own my own website and I can tell you that even if we test it multiple times at everyday, we still find bugs here and there. Especially after we add a new string of commands, coding etc. We find multiple bugs everywhere that we fix as we go.

Its just the way IT works tbh.

1. Do you kick all Users off your website if they visit more than once a day because they could find a bug and abuse it?

I guess not, you go and fix the bugs.

PS: The excuse that Software is never bug free is a myth that is sadly still spread by people as an excuse for the lack of testing. Especially focus testing and ongoing testing after product release.

It’s a short-cut jumping puzzle to get to the Labyrinth that leads to Lupicus.

Check it out, it has platforms perfectly aligned and intentionally put there.

Short-cuts seem to be the most prevalent type of exploit. Something that can be fixed by simply changing geometry which should take them not more than a few minutes.

But instead of fixing these exploits right away, we waited 2 weeks while people farmed these dungeons just to implement a failure of a DR system.

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Hi!

/signed

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Posted by: Inci.7560

Inci.7560

Exactly, instead of wasting time putting in more and more restrictions and penalties, how about they take the time and resources and fix the actual problem?

It takes about 5 minutes to block off the exploit in Arah where people jump to second boss. How is that not even considered but instead we get slapped with more and more ridiculous penalty systems that most likely will break other things too.

Exploits are not easily fixed, especially if the kind of people that actually find exploits are the people who are most reluctant to report them.

And fixing exploits is not a 5 minute matter on its own. Though I’m sure the penality is not for speed runs on its own and will be fine tuned in the future, currently the system is bugged and thats why I’m sure people complain this much. 95% of the people in this game can’t finish dungeons in under 30 minutes, even I personally can’t do that without my best members and friends. That is, if I don’t use exploits.